Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Agoat posted:

That makes a lot of sense. Are there supposed to just be NPCs in the Toki Toki town or am I just not connected to online mode?

You should be getting random PC characters as npcs but yea if you're not online they just sit around adding variety to the area. If you just finished the Saiyan saga exit the game and start again, should be able to choose online or offline mode now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is anyone else having server issues with the PS4 version?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

When I was playing earlier today I did, finished an online parallel and then got disconnected, had to do that one again. Was a perfect Finish, too :(.

Devil's Advocate
Nov 22, 2004
Honestly, what has the devil ever done to YOU?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Yeah, I haven't been able to get on since this afternoon

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
Whats the word on the ps3 version? Is it fine?

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Regarding the PS4 version: I was able to play just fine all morning but I am guessing they're having issues with the servers now that everyone is off work and poo poo.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jaaam posted:

Whats the word on the ps3 version? Is it fine?

Big Framerate issues in the town once the randomized characters come in. Other than that I've not really had any problem other some slow down with too much on the screen.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It turns out that the special conditions on some parallel quests aren't available if you solo the mission like a real bad rear end. I went back and did the martial arts tournament again but took two random CPU dudes and this time I had an extra fight after.

And sometimes just not trigger at all apparently? The special conditions for "Defeat Frieza's Army!" are to clear in 10 minutes and defeat Ginyu, Burter, and Jeice. I beat all the henchman scrubs in less than 5 and it just finished the mission, didn't even spawn the Ginyu force.

Captain Ginyu is talking poo poo in a side quest except the game has decided he's actually Goku and keeps popping up Goku's portrait alongside Ginyu's dialogue. No, he isn't supposed to be bodyswapped at this time.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 25, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Had some randomly generated character,a female buu named Jayden, come into a mission and challenge me to a duel. They lost horribly and gave me a Hercule Badge and a Dragonball.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Killing infinity powerful and super frustrating Small Majin Buus for 10 minutes better be the most tedious thing this game throws at me or I will start to regret being so hype about the whole thing

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

As Kami intended. :goku:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Is there a trick to unlocking specific gear in the parallel missions? Trying to get Gokus gi from that early world tournament mission but I'm not sure if drops are random or if I'm supposed to be fulfilling some condition.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

zelah posted:

Is there a trick to unlocking specific gear in the parallel missions? Trying to get Gokus gi from that early world tournament mission but I'm not sure if drops are random or if I'm supposed to be fulfilling some condition.

It's seemingly random.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Someone asked about the Dragon Balls.. you can also get them as random drops, or as rewards for completing a mission.

The wishes that I remember:

5,000,000 Dragonbux
Journey to the West outfit
3 Secret Characters (has to be picked consecutively)
9 different Supers (unlocked in groups of 3)
Stat Reset
Makeover your character
A bunch of weird items
Level up immediately

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 25, 2015

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

It's seemingly random.

Yeah I had to do parallel mission 5 like 9~ or so times to get Nappa's arm breaker move, doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason I can see.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Killing infinity powerful and super frustrating Small Majin Buus for 10 minutes better be the most tedious thing this game throws at me or I will start to regret being so hype about the whole thing

The funniest thing is that the proceedings fights are infinitely easier. As far as I know, the Buu swarm may just be the single most difficult level in the entire game.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I sorta wish the mentor system worked like tokimeki memorial. If you ignore a trainer for too long, they get jealous and start spreading rumors. Then you have to schedule a date training session to make them feel better. :v:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Game is sitting at a 73 on Metacritic. I really hope it warrants a sequel.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/dragon-ball-xenoverse

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm not gonna go farming gear and moves until I finish story mode anyway

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What do you do for a Xenoverse sequel? Someone else threatens the timestream again in a similar but different way?

Like mechanically things can always iterate and improve, and they could add some new races (android, cell-monster, whatever) and some stuff from the movies, but when they're trying to craft a 'new' story out of existing DBZ stuff it gets harder to just play through it all again like in past games.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

A DLC expansion would work better to introduce movie content and more CAC options

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I think the loot farming is just extra incentive to get people to train some more instead of thinking they're done with quests after beating it once.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Kelp Plankton posted:

What do you do for a Xenoverse sequel? Someone else threatens the timestream again in a similar but different way?

Like mechanically things can always iterate and improve, and they could add some new races (android, cell-monster, whatever) and some stuff from the movies, but when they're trying to craft a 'new' story out of existing DBZ stuff it gets harder to just play through it all again like in past games.

Story-wise, I don't know. Maybe in the next one you play a villain? That'd inject some new things.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Follow the new stuff from Heroes and Online. It's already using characters from Online (Mira and Towa).

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I must make this

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I... I... I tell you H-H-H-H-H-H-WHAAAAT!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Flytrap posted:

Follow the new stuff from Heroes and Online. It's already using characters from Online (Mira and Towa).

My thoughts exactly. Finish the canon content, then bring in the cool new things.

Also what if scenarios. The more outlandish the better.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

The Bee posted:

Also what if scenarios. The more outlandish the better.

I would pay Serious Moneydollars for a mission where you got to play Great Ape Vegeta against Goku. Kaiju versus Kung-Fu Superman.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Man I feel dense for even asking but how do I get to versus mode? Going to offline battles seems only to have me fight bots.

Ed

Ah nm found it. It's local battle reception in the top zone.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Feb 25, 2015

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What if Radditz and Goku never came to Earth. A Red Ribbon / Capsule Corp Android army vs Frieza with Goku and Vegeta who is searching for Dragonballs.

My fan fiction..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What if they go back in time again but this time corrupt Goku permanently and play that story out?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just do the same thing every other game has done, replay every battle everyone ever even so much as thought about having throughout the entire story in ever more intricate detail.

Who is even playing these games to see the story?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Which game was it that had a ton of what if scenarios? I think I remember playing it for gamecube or xbox maybe?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

PantsBandit posted:

Which game was it that had a ton of what if scenarios? I think I remember playing it for gamecube or xbox maybe?

The first Budokai had like 3 or 4 of them, including Cell absorbing Krillin instead of the androids

Which probably remains the best what-if.

Budokai 2 had some what-if Fusions, Gokule (goku and hercule via potara) and Tiencha (Yamcha and Tien via dance) but I don't think it had any scenarios.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Pretty sure I remember BT2 having some, like Amnesiac Raditz.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

How much do supers and outfits usually cost? Put another way is the 5 million digidollars Shenron gives you a drop in the bucket or are you coasting off that for a while?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kelp Plankton posted:

The first Budokai had like 3 or 4 of them, including Cell absorbing Krillin instead of the androids

Which probably remains the best what-if.

Budokai 2 had some what-if Fusions, Gokule (goku and hercule via potara) and Tiencha (Yamcha and Tien via dance) but I don't think it had any scenarios.

Agreed more of these

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

projecthalaxy posted:

How much do supers and outfits usually cost? Put another way is the 5 million digidollars Shenron gives you a drop in the bucket or are you coasting off that for a while?

Expensive stuff is like 100k, some other stuff is like 5/10/24k. It's pretty hoodrich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Maybe the premise of XV 2 is that Trunks/the Time Supreme Kai gets bored and starts poking the timeline to see what would happen if they'd just done this differently.

And when it goes south they're all 'Whoops, hey MC can you go fix that'

• Locked thread