Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Stayne Falls posted:

the cardinal's (?) speech bubble.

No idea, from a liturgical standpoint the priest's clothes make no sense whatsoever. But Bolling certainly isn't the first to gently caress that up, so whatever :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
:spergin: THE GARMENTS ON THIS CARTOON CLERIC ARE INACCURATE AND THEREFORE :spergin:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

zakharov posted:

:spergin: THE GARMENTS ON THIS CARTOON CLERIC ARE INACCURATE AND THEREFORE :spergin:

I didn't expect a Spergish Inquisition!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
We must ship oil over drinking water or possibly exploding trains. There is no other choice.

Stop implying that things could be better you drat hippies!

What?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Gosh, I wonder what the earrings and ponytails are supposed to represent?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I agree, McCoy, the 2000s WERE a dark time to be a dissenter :( A Throwback Cartoon.

Bicyclops posted:

Gosh, I wonder what the earrings and ponytails are supposed to represent?

They represent ugly art, as does Gary McCoy himself

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Huh, I guess she actually watched the movie.

Still a clumsy metaphor, but she's at least using a thing that happened in the movie rather than the trailer, or a picture of the trailer like most times this happens.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Still a clumsy metaphor, but she's at least using a thing that happened in the movie rather than the trailer, or a picture of the trailer like most times this happens.

On the other hand, I had no idea it was supposed to be a Birdman reference until I read this post, and I saw the movie.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

On the other hand, I had no idea it was supposed to be a Birdman reference until I read this post, and I saw the movie.

Yeah, it's incomprehensible if you haven't seen the movie, but it's a nice change of pace from the ol' A MOVIE HAPPENED GUYS, WHAT'S THAT BIRD IS IN THE TITLE LET ME MAKE A BIRD JOKE ON OBAMA

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah, it's incomprehensible if you haven't seen the movie, but it's a nice change of pace from the ol' A MOVIE HAPPENED GUYS, WHAT'S THAT BIRD IS IN THE TITLE LET ME MAKE A BIRD JOKE ON OBAMA

It was also a skit in the Oscars.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Is there really something like this kind of happening, or is Gary taking the day off? (I already know the answer)

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Okay, I know being trapped in a door in a bathrobe is a reference to Birdman, so it's partially "A thing happened (in a movie several months ago)" but with the context of that scene the inclusion of John Kerry and ANY DAY NOW! makes no goddamn sense.

Monkey Fracas posted:

No, it's incomprehensible even if you've seen te movie multiple times like me.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
John Kerry is sleeping with the enemy. :cmon:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Is there really something like this kind of happening, or is Gary taking the day off? (I already know the answer)

To Gary McCoy, this kind of thing is always happening. Convincing people that there's a liberal media that kisses the liberal president's rear end every day is kind of fox news' business model, and they've been very successful.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Internet Webguy posted:

Stop implying that things could be better you drat hippies!

Patricia Arquette called for equal pay for women, Graham Moore talked about persecuted gays with a very personal antecedence, and Alejandro Inarritu called for fair treatment of illegals. Sounds like the perfect storm for Republican anger :getin:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Patricia Arquette called for equal pay for women, Graham Moore talked about persecuted gays with a very personal antecedence, and Alejandro Inarritu called for fair treatment of illegals. Sounds like the perfect storm for Republican anger :getin:

Don't forget the Selma winners saying that racial issues still exist in society and weren't all solved in the 1960s.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I'm kind of surprised there isn't more :qq::911::qq: about American Sniper not winning a Special Eagle Stars & Stripes Oscar JUST FOR YOU for being the best movie since the Passion of the Christ.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gary McCoy posted:

queersqueersqueersQUEEEEERS! LOOK AT EM!

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.

Why, backstage at a play, is there a sign that says ON AIR rather than QUIET?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bitey posted:

Why, backstage at a play, is there a sign that says ON AIR rather than QUIET?

Because if you tell people to be quiet, they'll ask why. The "on air" sign tells them why.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Dept of State spokesperson ----------------------------->

Why won't the media talk about ISIS?? This story is getting hardly any coverage at all!

More Green Fat Cats :allears:

Oh, lawdy!

:magical:

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.

prefect posted:

Because if you tell people to be quiet, they'll ask why. The "on air" sign tells them why.

I mean, a play is a live-action thing, it's not "on air." I believe the signs shown backstage in Birdman say "quiet."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

colonel_korn posted:

Dept of State spokesperson ----------------------------->
Not again...

And is this a conservative cartoonist making fun of someone for not understanding nuance?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

His pig face looks a lot like his Peduto face :mrapig:

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Or she watched the Oscar broadcast, where Neil Patrick Harris recreated the scene in one of his skits.

(Also, even in the skit the signs say "QUIET PLEASE" not "ON AIR". Although that's a relatively minor complaint compared to the cartoon making no sense.)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Not My Leg posted:

Or she watched the Oscar broadcast, where Neil Patrick Harris recreated the scene in one of his skits.

(Also, even in the skit the signs say "QUIET PLEASE" not "ON AIR". Although that's a relatively minor complaint compared to the cartoon making no sense.)

Urrrgh once again burned by not watching the Oscars.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

sigh

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bitey posted:

I mean, a play is a live-action thing, it's not "on air." I believe the signs shown backstage in Birdman say "quiet."

Whoops. My bad. :blush:

(I saw the movie, but I don't remember what the signs were like. I'm not a super-close-observer of things.)

And I also didn't realize it was a Birdman cartoon until other people pointed it out.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

colonel_korn posted:

Yeah, all 35 permanent Keystone jobs...

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Cartoonists: "Ughhh Hollywood is so bad and hypocritical and liberal" *actually watched the oscars*

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

As terrible as this is, at least the Christian isn't white.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Mehuyael posted:

As terrible as this is, at least the Christian isn't white.

Couldn't manage to look up a proper Coptic emblem, though.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Hey, remember Net Neutrality and how it will destroy our freedom?

Bonus:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

colonel_korn posted:

I wonder if we're going to get a whole week of Obama and Green Fat Cat's stroll about town.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

It's weird how they left out the purported religion of the attacker. I wonder if plugging it in changes anything...

Holy moly! :eyepop:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Kajeesus posted:

It's weird how they left out the purported religion of the attacker. I wonder if plugging it in changes anything...

Holy moly! :eyepop:

Oh, silly lieberal, nazis weren't christian! They were islamofascistcommiatheists!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

All those toxic cleanup and repair crews, sent to the unemployment line. Thanks Obama!

• Locked thread