Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Post 9-11 User posted:

A 12" charge would make jump pack troops more valuable but the game has moved on from guaranteed distances such as that. It's why things like Khorne Hounds are so popular: they always get to move 12", have bonuses for moving through terrain, and also get the bonus for charge distances. There's no need to choose between the 12" move and the charge bonus, hence why they're popular even though assault is still gimpy. A guaranteed 12" charge is too easy, especially when jump troops aren't expensive to begin with, it makes it too easy to guarantee a disruption in the enemy line.

How about a guaranteed 6inchs at least but you still need to roll for the other six ?

Or if you want to stick with established rules, that jump packs give wearers the fleet special rules when charging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Have we seen these yet?

Demons
May 27, 2011
hammer whip

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Uroboros posted:

How annoying could I be with these? Let's say I just keep building up my Ultramarines, but down the road I prefer different chapter tactics for competitive play. Could I do something like say split my forces into a primary and secondary detachment with each using different chapter tactics? Like a primary force that relies on ultramarine chapter tactics, and then go all my bikes are an allied attachment using white scars tactics?

Now it really depends. I wouldn't refuse to play against such a thing, so long as what was what is clearly outlined to me, but I can see how some people (and TOs) would look at such a thing and think you're trying to trick people, and disallow it. Especially if you're one of those guys that writes his army list on the back of a napkin and conveniently forgets to jot down special weapons and other options.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Just guns and bases to go. I think I'm going to try to do dark urban ruins with puddles. Try and capture the idea of fighting at night in the rain.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
With your colour scheme a dark grey urban base will look alright, but something contrasting would work better. Dark Red mars style earth perhaps. I understand you have a theme you want to work too however so feel free to ignore me.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
These look great. The basing sounds perfect as well. Have you much experience with water effects? I wonder how hard it would be to splash on red to get a 'blood in the rain' effect. Maybe with the GW special blood paint.

E: or listen to SA's miniature painter of the decade. It would be pretty dark but thematic. The micro vs the macro appearance is alway a big challenge for myself.

JackMack fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 25, 2015

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

BULBASAUR posted:

LVO had a 30k event:
http://mordian7th.blogspot.com/2015/02/pictures-from-las-vegas-open-heresy.html

Interesting to see the armies out there. The Dark Admech army is hilarious because its basically 10 models. Yellow knight titan guy seems fun to play against. Surprised I didn't see any Typhons or Thudd Guns. Lots of castellax, thantars, sicarans, and spartans though.

Man, what did he make that Knight out of?

Edit: oh, it's the Dreamforge kit without the armor plating on. Derp.

Slimnoid fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 25, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Demons posted:

hammer whip
It's perfectly, stupidly, warhammery

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I mean, hitting it with a particular face would be really hard, but it's pretty much just a morning star.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

I mean, hitting it with a particular face would be really hard, but it's pretty much just a morning star.

Knocks the skull right out of the head for easier collection. It's just smart murder, really. Murder smart, not hard.

Edit:
My doubles partner swapped over to Chaos Space Marines, because he's looking to have fun and let Kharn see the light of day.

Looks like our final 2000pt list will be:

Hive Fleet Leviathan
HQ:
Hive Tyrant 170pts (240pts)
++Electroshock Grubs 10pts
++Twin-linked Devourer with Brainleech Worms 15pts
++Wings 30pts

++Wings 30pts

++Wings 30pts

Troops:
Mucolid Spore 15pts

Mucolid Spore 15pts

Mucolid Spore 15pts

Elite:
Venomthrope 45pts

Zoanthrope 50pts

Fast Attack:
Harpy 135pts (140pts)
++Twin-linked Heavy Venom Cannon 5pts

Chaos Space Marines
HQ:
Kharn the Betrayer 160pts

Troops:
5x Chaos Space Marine 75pts (125pts)
++Meltagun 10pts
++Meltabombs 5pts
Chaos Rhino 35pts

5x Chaos Space Marine 75pts (125pts)
++Meltagun 10pts
++Meltabombs 5pts
Chaos Rhino 35pts

8x Khorne Berzerkers 162pts

Heavy Support:
Land Raider 230pts

Chaos Vindicator 120pts

Obliterator 70pts (76pts)
++Mark of Nurgle

Total Points: 1998pts

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 25, 2015

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Demons posted:

hammer whip

With built-in Punch Dagger!

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

adamantium|wang posted:

Have we seen these yet?

This guy looks incredible.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
There Heroquest gargoyle is back and he is pissed

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Tequila Ranger posted:

With built-in Punch Dagger!

Hes got a scythe thing on the bottom too.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Ghost Hand posted:

This guy looks incredible.

Is it okay to do a little complaining about price in this thread and not the Death Thread? I mean, I was expecting the unreasonably high Verminlord price for him, and was mentally accepting of it, because, y'know, it's GW. But it's more. A lot more. It's a Stompa, ferchrissakes.

And for some reason I'm a little underwhelmed. Like I think the Verminlord and Nagash and Glottkin, and hell, even lumpy Thanquol and Boneripper are pretty cool. I'm thinking more pics might make me like the figure more, but surely not the cost. That's pricy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its not Nagash price?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It is, it's $116 USD, but it's a three in one kit so it comes with a bunch of extra options like Glotkin or Giants.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Big Willy Style posted:

There Heroquest gargoyle is back and he is pissed

I fuckin' love that gargoyle. I love how the whip implies movement while the pose implies motionlessness. I love his stupid loving face. I love hero quest.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It is, it's $116 USD, but it's a three in one kit so it comes with a bunch of extra options like Glotkin or Giants.

Well, a lot of the more recent three-in-ones don't have as many "extras", so cross your fingers. I'd love it if the kit has a lot of value, don't get me wrong.

This has always been my favorite Bloodthirster picture, and I felt the last kit captured it fairly well (until they ruined the head...) Although it definitely wasn't perfect, it was a decent model. I think the new figure's excessively striated wings and the bare shoulders are turning me off some. That Chaos Armor should be big and brass. I do like the nod to the RT Bloodthirster head (and Heroquest).

I don't like the fact that there are different weapons... Bloodthirsters have a whip and an axe, by gum. They're Balrogs!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I hate to point it out, but the (most famous) Balrog used a whip and a sword...

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

thegodofchuck posted:

I don't like the fact that there are different weapons... Bloodthirsters have a whip and an axe, by gum. They're Balrogs!

Hey I have that guy, granted I los the whip and gave him a second axe buti have thay model!

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
It might just be terrible photography combined with my innate dislike of the chaos aesthetic, specifically Khorne, but the new Bloodthirster looks like garbage.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

That whip just doesn't know what it wants to be in life

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Drythe posted:

That whip just doesn't know what it wants to be in life

Nah, pretty sure that Bloodthirster knows exactly what he's doing.

"Hm alright, I got my classic whip. It's great but sometimes I wish I could bash poo poo... maybe I can put a hammerhead at the end of it. yeah, yeah that's good."
"Okay but what if I want to punch poo poo? Punching is Khorne as gently caress. I have a whip in one hand and an axe in the other, and I ain't like those lovely Slaaneshi daemons with four arms. What if... what if I added a dagger? So when I punch I stab. That's fukkin brilliant."
"I'm on a roll. Alright last problem. What if I need to open a can of spinach during a fight? Those spinach are so good. I see I still have some space on that whip, maybe I can just put... yeah it fits, I can just put a can opener there."

Hail Khorne, he likes it when his Bloodthirsters smash heads, slice heads, and carefully open heads.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

The living embodiment of hate and violence has an absurd weapon?!? Not in my space opera about genetically engineered Catholi-Nazis fighting fungoid soccer hooligans.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

New Bloodthirsters looks rad and Warhammer as gently caress.

SKULLS FOR THE SKULLTHRONE :fuckoff:

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

Fun Shoe

AndyElusive posted:

The Bloodthirsters looks rad and Warhammer as gently caress.

SKULLS FOR THE SKULLTHRONE :fuckoff:

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

thespaceinvader posted:

I hate to point it out, but the (most famous) Balrog used a whip and a sword...

Quiet you.

(It's just that I hate losing that whip, I miss my traditional IP theft. I mean homage).

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Games Workshop Actually made a rip off Balrog or Citadel did years ago. They named it something else though but it was I think a anagram of Balrog like Barlog orsomething weird like that. I think this is the original one.

Heroquest stuff, then the Citadel "Balrogs"

Or you can just use the official Lord of the Rings Balrog for your Bloodthirsty which is what I do.

I'm not kidding when I say Citadel Miniatures made a BDSM set of figures. Found this when I was looking for the original Balrog. Did not know they made this at one point.

Not Safe For Work:nws:

http://www.solegends.com/citfsnew/fstorture/index.htm

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 25, 2015

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Remember, Citadel started out as a maker of minis for D&D, so it isn't too surprising to find that sort of stuff in their old catalogs.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah, I know. I just thought it was weird. I've never come across that for some reason. I'd pay good money for the original Daleks they made and probably the Eternal Warrior stuff.

They got some really fantastic miniatures from that range and then some that it's like what the gently caress?

Some of the first I think by the dating on Stuff of Legends for 40k and Chainsaw Warriors.

Link to the 1988 Catalogue for Citadel Miniatures , they should remake Vincent Blackshadow and Side Car.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1988/index.htm

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 25, 2015

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Hollismason posted:

Some of the first I think by the dating on Stuff of Legends for 40k and Chainsaw Warriors.

Holy poo poo I would play the gently caress out of a Chainsaw Warriors army.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

How the gently caress do you transport that thing anywhere. The whip The skulls swinging from wings The everything will just snap off.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

The marines without the Flared legs ? Those where originally for the Traveller RPG; there marines in Battle Dress, and the Heavy Laser guy has a Fusion Gun Man Portable TL14 (FGMP14)

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Lord Hypnostache posted:

How the gently caress do you transport that thing anywhere. The whip The skulls swinging from wings The everything will just snap off.

Eventually you will no longer be able to re-glue the broken pieces. Then you buy a new one. Plus, if you can't transport it, you can't sell it on ebay. Or something.

The answer is to pin it all. Pinning solves everything. Don't use glue and use pressure/friction to hold models together. A positive is that you can disassemble a model to make transport safer and easier. Although, putting your army together at the end of every trip may get tiresome.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Same way you transport Nagash (however the gently caress that is done).

Have some more blurry pics of the variants:

Looks like there are parts for shoulder pads.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 25, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

A flaming shuriken is a much better choice than a hammer, yea

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Insensate Rage? Talk about scraping the bottom of the thesaurus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

adamantium|wang posted:

Same way you transport Nagash (however the gently caress that is done).

Have some more blurry pics of the variants:

Looks like there are parts for shoulder pads.

Goddamn - this thing is just wicked awesome!

• Locked thread