Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Next episode is rescuing Hammond from the BC Rocky Mountains in a Ford F150 Raptor - gently caress yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

neckbeard posted:

Next episode is rescuing Hammond from the BC Rocky Mountains in a Ford F150 Raptor - gently caress yes

I believe they're between the Selkirk range and the Monashee range in Trail (the worst possible town to visit in an otherwise gorgeous area) judging by their tweets during filming. Those mountain ranges are geologically distinct from the Rockies.

Either way, pedantry aside (James May would be proud), it will indeed be an awesome episode. Shame we'll have to wait another few weeks for BBC Canada to actually get its thumb out and broadcast it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

neckbeard posted:

The others are there too. Clarkson tweeted from there a while ago, and I think in the promo we saw James with a Silverado. :toot:

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

PT6A posted:

I believe they're between the Selkirk range and the Monashee range in Trail (the worst possible town to visit in an otherwise gorgeous area) judging by their tweets during filming. Those mountain ranges are geologically distinct from the Rockies.

Either way, pedantry aside (James May would be proud), it will indeed be an awesome episode. Shame we'll have to wait another few weeks for BBC Canada to actually get its thumb out and broadcast it.

Whoops, I grew up in Castlegar, so have been psyched for this episode when I heard they were stuck in Trail, but I haven't been to the area in at least 15 years.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

neckbeard posted:

Whoops, I grew up in Castlegar, so have been psyched for this episode when I heard they were stuck in Trail, but I haven't been to the area in at least 15 years.

Castlegar doesn't smell nearly as bad as Trail, and has a much nicer airport!

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

FogHelmut posted:

Going to have to work that in with "Auntie, reverse auntie. Reverse reverse reverse."

For those wondering...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YGT3m4ltCU

REVERSE LAAAAAAAA

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

8ender posted:

I'm fairly certain the Germans love being evaluated and theres a disappointed team at Porsche right now

They've got reason to be smug, the 918 is a weapon on the track. Pretty sure it's beaten the P1 the few times they've lapped head to head. That AWD hybrid system is no joke.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'd never buy a Porche. I hate everything about them - especially the kind of people who drive them. I'd never buy a Porche... except the 918. That's the one I'd buy over the other two companies that I've actually always wanted a car from. That has to say something.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
The only Porsche I'd buy is a RUF BTR. :colbert:

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
If I ever have the money I'd totally buy a Porsche over any other super high end sports car. But it'd only be a 911 variant of some kind or a 918.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

KillHour posted:

I'd never buy a Porche. I hate everything about them - especially the kind of people who drive them. I'd never buy a Porche... except the 918. That's the one I'd buy over the other two companies that I've actually always wanted a car from. That has to say something.

I'd never buy a Porche either but I'd be all over a Porsche. :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Pff, Porsche twats nothing, I'd kill for a narrow body 911. Mass murder for a singer.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Cakefool posted:

Pff, Porsche twats nothing, I'd kill for a narrow body 911. Mass murder for a singer.

Hell yeah.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I would figuratively kill for a Singer or an Icon. Not big on trucks, but Icons are too cool.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

jediguy posted:

They've got reason to be smug, the 918 is a weapon on the track. Pretty sure it's beaten the P1 the few times they've lapped head to head. That AWD hybrid system is no joke.

Likely Porsche doesn't care because they think they have the best all around car. They've been marketing the car that way since the hybrid super car battle broke out.

That being said...

I know someone who's driven both a 918 and P1 on track. He said the 918 drives better, feels faster. That being said he wasn't timing himself so he has no proof. I can understand McLaren wanting to use customer cars as it means Ferrari will say no. Ferrari want's it's usual car setup / tuning perks.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
So today is Agent Scully and the Velociraptor. I'm pretty stoked to see if that thing is any good.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Looks like jeremy actually gets air in the raptor.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Gillian Anderson looks younger now (46) than when she was in the x files.

E: she likes *old cars* yeass

Falken fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 1, 2015

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Falken posted:

Gillian Anderson looks younger now (46) than when she was in the x files.

E: she likes *old cars* yeass

She seems really nice and a lot more giggle-some than I expected.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

spog posted:

She seems really nice and a lot more giggle-some than I expected.

A lot more sweary too.

Also, clarkson's doing 80mph in 4x4 on the highway.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Holy poo poo velociraptor

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Clarkson loves pickup trucks, hell has frozen over.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Powershift posted:

Clarkson loves pickup trucks, hell has frozen over.

Next week he will say "I was wrong" or "I changed my mind"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Gillian Anderson's British accent is wigging me the gently caress out.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

that tree was endangered and in need of protection

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hammond's soliloquy with the two stick effigies, oh my god

IN THE COCK :byodood:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Holy poo poo, any chance someone can make a .gif of Clarkson launching the Velociraptor off those snowy jumps? I've got a few screencaps but man, it looked way cooler in motion.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Clarkson's rather eloquent description of cougar and cougar is worth a gif or two.
edit: looks like we're getting our shoot off.

http://www.driving.co.uk/news/world-exclusive-hypercar-holy-trinity-set-for-top-gear-track-battle/

bloops fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 2, 2015

Tsuru
May 12, 2008
Best season in years

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Clarkson's rather eloquent description of cougar and cougar is worth a gif or two.
edit: looks like we're getting our shoot off.

http://www.driving.co.uk/news/world-exclusive-hypercar-holy-trinity-set-for-top-gear-track-battle/

If they're thinking of an iconic F1 circuit in Europe, why Monza or Imola instead of Spa-Francorchamps (which is pretty much the most beautiful track ever, IMO)?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T1g4h posted:

Holy poo poo, any chance someone can make a .gif of Clarkson launching the Velociraptor off those snowy jumps? I've got a few screencaps but man, it looked way cooler in motion.

i'll try, this gifcam stuff seems pretty straightforward.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 2, 2015

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

holocaust bloopers posted:

Gillian Anderson's British accent is wigging me the gently caress out.

I had no idea.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Powershift posted:

i'll try, this gifcam stuff seems pretty straightforward.

Awesome! Gonna show that to a few of my friends to show them what they missed :v:

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
They should have had shots of Jeremy and James "reacting" to when Richard threw his knife at his voodoo dolls.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Scully! :allears: she was more of a car fan than I'd expected. Also had no idea about her native accent. The rescue film was loving great :canada:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

T1g4h posted:

This is a big version of two jumps

http://i.imgur.com/uWrjPpe.gifv

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Looks like they were on Whitewater Mountain or Mount Brennan between New Denver and Kaslo

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

neckbeard posted:

Looks like they were on Whitewater Mountain or Mount Brennan between New Denver and Kaslo

Then what were they doing in Trail? I definitely remember them tweeting about being in Trail.

Between New Denver and Kaslo is one of the most beautiful places on earth, and the air smells fresh instead of terrible, so I hope for their sake they were there instead of Trail. I'll have to ask my friends in New Denver if they know any more details.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They probably drove down to Trail to fly back to Vancouver or wherever else to fly back to the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

They probably drove down to Trail to fly back to Vancouver or wherever else to fly back to the UK.

But why Trail, if they were between New Denver and Kaslo? Castlegar has the biggest airport in the area (not saying much) and it would be on the way to Trail.