Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

In other news, here's the top 20 sales chart for Japan, week of Feb 16th-22nd

code:
01. [PSV] God Eater 2 Rage Burst – 234,180 / NEW
02. [3DS] Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D – 72,181 / 302,246
03. [PS4] God Eater 2 Rage Burst – 37,824 / NEW
04. [PS4] The Order: 1886 – 25,023 / NEW
05. [PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round – 24,457 / NEW
06. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shinuchi – 17,738 / 2,497/462
07. [PS3] Dragon Ball Xenoverse – 12,211 / 72,838
08. [PS3] Dead or Alive 5 Last Round – 11,271 / NEW
09. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 11,256 / 2,525,177
10. [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4-II – 8,936 / 53,510
11. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate – 7,910 / 2,478,064
12. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 7,860 / 2,157,653
13. [PS4] Dragon Ball Xenoverse – 7,239 / 54,442
14. [PSV] Otoko Yukaku – 7,083 / NEW
15. [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4-II – 5,223 / 28,742
16. [PSV] Hakuouki: Zuisouroku Omokage Hana – 5,154 / NEW
17. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 4,881 / 592,794
18. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 – 4,603 / 921,092
19. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 4,595 / 3,923,419
20. [PSV] Fuuraiki 3 – 4,435 / NEW
No new releases for the 3DS. The new God Eater is from recollection the only Vita game to have surpassed 100k units sold this year. Animal Crossing is forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

My C-stick has started having trouble with down and right. It was great for the first few days; in MH4U I could hold down or right and have the camera turn infinitely. Now it'll go for a second then stop, if at all. Pulling from the top or left gets it working sometimes; putting a t-shirt or wipe cloth between my thumb and the stick makes it work perfectly, but whenever I use my thumb (even after cleaning it) it starts having trouble again.

Are there any small sticker grip attachments out yet, or anything I could maybe stick on top of the C-stick that will give it a bit more of a grip? That would probably fix it.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Nah both are really boring and bad

lmao

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Fuzz posted:

What the gently caress is this smdyff poo poo, and why is everyone on the forums suddenly posting it. Seen it a bunch of times in the last couple weeks. loving hate dumb internet acronyms. :argh:

Talk about someone who needs to smdyff^^^^

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Etrips posted:

Really? Could have sworn it only came in fingerprint grey.

It's a throwback to the OG 3DS for people that missed out on it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

All jrpgs and RPGs in general suck in some form, stop effortposting defending your fav kawaii anime game, or at least have the decency do it in the vita thread.

You're better than this, guys.

gently caress you

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

jrpgs and anime loving rule

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I would guess the screw trouble stems from the fact that 1) The screws don't actually come out, and they're in fact fully unscrewed fairly quickly, and 2) The backplate feels very firmly attached even after it's unscrewed. If you don't know both of those things I could see someone just sitting there forever with a screwdriver not knowing what was going on.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Saoshyant posted:

Refer to this precious autistic poster and the continuous mockering of said individual.

Aw darn, he bought himself out of the red text, now how will people know of his ways?

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Saoshyant posted:

Refer to this precious autistic poster and the continuous mockering of said individual.

They're not even abbreviating it correctly; it should be "sadydf."

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Fryhtaning posted:

Wait, you think BD doesn't let you customize the party? There are only 24 jobs and a limitless number of ways to combine the perks from each one. The male/female characters even have badass costumes to go along with each one. Customizability is not the problem with this game - as others have already said, it's the half-assed job they did with creating the "world".

Still one of the best RPGs in a long time. Half-baked as parts of the world are, the game is loving gorgeous for a 3DS game.

Any news on the world on Bravely Second? I know it comes out in 2 months in Japan, so I figured I'd have to wait until then to check out some videos of the scenery.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

All jrpgs and RPGs in general suck in some form, stop effortposting defending your fav kawaii anime game, or at least have the decency do it in the vita thread.

You're better than this, guys.

I'll loving fight you

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Tender Bender posted:

I would guess the screw trouble stems from the fact that 1) The screws don't actually come out, and they're in fact fully unscrewed fairly quickly, and 2) The backplate feels very firmly attached even after it's unscrewed. If you don't know both of those things I could see someone just sitting there forever with a screwdriver not knowing what was going on.

Once the screws are free-spinning like that they're basically impossible to strip. Lefty-loosey.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Pretty sure people posting about striping screws are trolling. There's no way to strip it unscrewing, it free spins. I think it clicks and turns if you overtight too.

I don't know how to strip it if I wanted to.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

eddiewalker posted:

Once the screws are free-spinning like that they're basically impossible to strip. Lefty-loosey.

Not only that but you can feel the screws disengage from the 3DS itself as soon as they start spinning. I'm just at a total loving loss.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

Pretty sure people posting about striping screws are trolling. There's no way to strip it unscrewing, it free spins. I think it clicks and turns if you overtight too.

I don't know how to strip it if I wanted to.

You underestimate the idiots in this thread

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

People may or may not be trying to unscrew the backplate using a drill bit

confirm/deny

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I mean, I can see how the angry video game rear end in a top hat on destructiod could write an article about how Nintendo made him break something cause they are mean and make changing the battery almost as difficult as every toddler toy.

But actual real life nerd that can't use there glasses screwdriver to undo the easiest error proof screw.

I don't buy it. Pics with a goonname or it didn't happen.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Pretty sure people posting about striping screws are trolling.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fuzz posted:

Oh god I caved in and bought a decal for my 3DS:

https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/255983/Nintendo-New-3DS-XL-Skin-Black-Woodgrain

Needed that matte finish, because gently caress glossy holy poo poo.

Does anyone own one of these decalgirl decals, and know if it's mandatory for them to wrap around to the inside? Or, is that a separate decal that you don't have to apply? I'm kind of interested in getting one to change the texture of the outer shell. This thing gets way nasty really quick, and it's not like I was digging poop out of my rear end right before playing it or anything (LOL!!).

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

enojy posted:

Does anyone own one of these decalgirl decals, and know if it's mandatory for them to wrap around to the inside? Or, is that a separate decal that you don't have to apply? I'm kind of interested in getting one to change the texture of the outer shell. This thing gets way nasty really quick, and it's not like I was digging poop out of my rear end right before playing it or anything (LOL!!).

If you look at the brighter colored skins, they are not connected. So I would believe that they are multiple piece stickers.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Martytoof posted:

People may or may not be trying to unscrew the backplate using a drill bit

confirm/deny

:lol:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cake Attack posted:

gently caress you

Cake Attack posted:

jrpgs and anime loving rule

littleorv posted:

I'll loving fight you

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466426

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

There are many good JRPGs and anime games on the 3ds, so people post about them in the 3ds thread

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people stripping the screws on a 3ds are probably the same kind of mongoloids who broke their control stick nubs when smash bros came out

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There are too many good games on the 3DS and I'm now going to spend myself into oblivion. Thank god for all this B-day money.

e: And you need to link to the thread if you give him a badvatar

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Saagonsa posted:

There are many good JRPGs and anime games on the 3ds, so people post about them in the 3ds thread
Anime knows no borders or console platforms, its what binds us all together on this chiisai chikyuu.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fuzz posted:

Oh god I caved in and bought a decal for my 3DS:

https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/255983/Nintendo-New-3DS-XL-Skin-Black-Woodgrain

Needed that matte finish, because gently caress glossy holy poo poo.

I might grab one of these ones next month:
https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/256119/Nintendo-New-3DS-XL-Skin-Zen-Revisited

It matches my hanafuda theme :japan:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i own like 3 games that aren't in some way anime on the 3ds

kid icarus is anime by the way

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Fire Emblem is pretty anime and it's one of the best games on the system.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I was finally able to exchange my N3DSXL that had the stuck pixel. My new one has a speck of dust under the screen in nearly the exact same spot. :v:

Just gonna deal with it as it's easier to ignore than a red light shining when it's not supposed to, but :sigh:

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

I would've paid like £20 for a non-hosed Pokemon Shuffle. Enjoyable stuff, but 100% get this 'jewel' poo poo away from me

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Etrips posted:

If you look at the brighter colored skins, they are not connected. So I would believe that they are multiple piece stickers.

Thanks. I ordered a sticker for my little kid video game (Game Boy) with my big boy credit card. Here's a link to the cool Triforce/Zelda one based off of N3DS faceplate #55, since it was sort of a bitch to find via google. Use coupon code CABINFEVER until Feb. 27th to get 20% off.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

enojy posted:

Thanks. I ordered a sticker for my little kid video game (Game Boy) with my big boy credit card. Here's a link to the cool Triforce/Zelda one based off of N3DS faceplate #55, since it was sort of a bitch to find via google. Use coupon code CABINFEVER until Feb. 27th to get 20% off.

I was curious how it turns out before I jump in, you'll have to take pictures. While $2 off would be nice, I can wait and spend the extra cash if it looks awesome, or be happy that I saved $20 if it doesn't turn out as pictured. Here's hoping it's awesome.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I was curious how it turns out before I jump in, you'll have to take pictures. While $2 off would be nice, I can wait and spend the extra cash if it looks awesome, or be happy that I saved $20 if it doesn't turn out as pictured. Here's hoping it's awesome.

I'll do that. I'm not a fan of the parts that cover the hinge area on the front and back, so I'll be trimming those out. Also skipping the interior decal.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

enojy posted:

I'll do that. I'm not a fan of the parts that cover the hinge area on the front and back, so I'll be trimming those out. Also skipping the interior decal.

If I were ever to get a skin, I'd do the same. They just look bad when they peel or put on wrong.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
So on a scale of 1 to unscrewing two screws, what's the overall difficulty level of installing one of these skins both properly aligned and without air bubbles?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

io_burn posted:

So on a scale of 1 to unscrewing two screws, what's the overall difficulty level of installing one of these skins both properly aligned and without air bubbles?

I already have my skin applying sensei on standby.

But in reality? Probably no harder than applying screen protectors on. Just use some tape to anchor one side and go slowly.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

io_burn posted:

It's way easier then a screen protector, how but that?

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Bombadilillo posted:

It's way easier then a screen protector, how but that?

I mean I swapped my SD card no problem, but I always seem to have one errant piece of dust under screen protectors no matter how hard I try to create a clean room with all the tricks the internet has to offer.