Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

You probably should have inferred this from Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack appearing on Hulu Plus, but Cartoon Network's shows will be leaving Netflix at the end of next month. You may as well binge watch what's there because there's no guarantee that every show is going to migrate over to Hulu Plus when their Netflix contract is up.

e: I got an email from Netflix saying Chowder season 3 was just added, but this is what Zap2It says:

quote:

Leaving Netflix in March

TV Shows

"Adventure Time" Seasons 1-4 (March 30)
"Ben 10" Seasons 1-3 (March 30)
"Childrens Hospital" Seasons 1-2 (March 30)
"Codename: Kids Next Door" Seasons 4-6 (March 30)
"Cow and Chicken" Season 2 (March 30)
"Dexter's Laboratory" Seasons 3-4 (March 30)
"Dude, What Would Happen?" Season 2 (March 30)
"Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy" Seasons 3-4 (March 30)
"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" Season 2 (March 30)
"Johnny Bravo" Season 2 (March 30)
"Regular Show" Seasons 1-4 (March 30)
"Robot Chicken" Seasons 1-2 (March 30)
"Samurai Jack" Season 2 (March 30)
"The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy" Seasons 3-4 (March 30)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Does this mean they might start posting every season instead of just the first two? On Hulu, I mean. Seems like they're letting money walk out the door with how many people stream Adventure Time on those anime websites.

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 24, 2015

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Looking at that list just reminds me how random and bizarre Cartoon Network's Netflix choices are - only seasons 3 and 4 of a series? Only the second season of Samurai Jack? Granted, that's the season that has Aku's Fairy Tales so it's good enough for me, but still.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

mycot posted:

Looking at that list just reminds me how random and bizarre Cartoon Network's Netflix choices are - only seasons 3 and 4 of a series? Only the second season of Samurai Jack? Granted, that's the season that has Aku's Fairy Tales so it's good enough for me, but still.

The CN execs have openly stated that they view Netflix as nothing but a way of advertising for the shows so people will be more likely to buy the DVDs or watch them as they air, which is why they only put a sampling of each show.

But on the other hand they've started putting full episodes of shows on their website after they air so maybe they're learning.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

The CN execs have openly stated that they view Netflix as nothing but a way of advertising for the shows so people will be more likely to buy the DVDs or watch them as they air, which is why they only put a sampling of each show.

But on the other hand they've started putting full episodes of shows on their website after they air so maybe they're learning.

I think that requires a cable log-in, though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They may be more willing to put full series on Hulu Plus since it is ad-supported while Netflix is not. But we'll have to wait and see. For now only the full series of Flapjack is on there.

e: Also the 2nd episode of Star vs the Forces of Evil is on demand and it's alright, if you liked the animation in wander over yonder you should like Star because it's by the same animation studio (Mercury Filmworks) so it's very cartoony and snappy.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 25, 2015

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I can't get behind a Netflix that doesn't have Ed Edd n Eddy.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I was watching the Amazing World of Gumball episode where they are attacked by Karen's cursed mirror ghost dad, and Gumball actually said the word "damnation." Huh.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Remember the annoying orange show? I just did and I'm glad it ended.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gaunab posted:

I'm glad in general that there's nothing remaining of 2007~2011 era Cartoon Network.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

raditts posted:

I'm glad in general that there's nothing remaining of 2007~2011 era Cartoon Network.

I'm so glad we dodged the bullet of allowing really terrible YouTube fads to become basic cable - or at least on CN anyway. It's also kind of funny how that didn't have any fanbase that argued about going back to the internet, I'm not sure how to take Annoying Orange having the most dignity out of the 2011 lineup.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Gaunab posted:

I listen to Rob Paulsen's podcast and he shilled this show constantly because he and his friends worked on it. Even by the standards of his usual obnoxious self-promotion (like pretending that Jimmy Neutron wasn't ugly garbage because it was a profitable animated movie with "real" voice actors instead of celebrities) it was painful.

Really Rob is the worst part of it even if his guests can be fum, I just skip all of his soloand cross-promotion eps and jump ahead whenever he starts awardly hitting on girls or telling the same 5 jokes or ranting about celebrities doing voices.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A new incarnation of Ducktales will be starting in 2017

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 25, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm not really clear on what Cartoon Network is doing re: Netflix/Hulu, but they added some stuff to Netflix today, according to instantwatcher:

Uncle Grandpa
Courage the Cowardly Dog s1-s2
Boondocks s3-s4
The Powerpuff Girls s1-s3

I wonder if some series will be leaving Netflix for Hulu and some will be staying? I don't really know what's going on.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I could see them putting stuff like Regular Show and Adventure Time on Hulu to squeeze some advertising money out of the older Tumblr-type fans who are streaming those shows illegally. Maybe even just post the latest seasons, or the five most recent episodes, to protect the Amazon/iTunes season pass business.

Uncle Grandpa doesn't really draw that audience so they can leave it on Netflix to make kids familiar with the show and hopefully boost re-run ratings.

Edit: Netflix is suddenly giving me access to 3 seasons of Chowder instead of just season 2, but the thumbnail also says "NYE EPISODER" even though I'm in the US??

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 25, 2015

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Your link is messed up at least for me
http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/25/media/ducktales-disney-revival/index.html

First Powerpuff Girls now Ducktales I wonder if they have anymore revivals planned. Hope they end being good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Your link is messed up at least for me
http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/25/media/ducktales-disney-revival/index.html

First Powerpuff Girls now Ducktales I wonder if they have anymore revivals planned. Hope they end being good.

Oops didn't catch that somehow, it's fixed now. Hopefully they'll be able to get back most of the old voice cast or at least some decent sound alikes and that Alan Young will still be alive by then. I'd kind of like to see a revival of Darkwing Duck and/or Gargoyles while they're at it. While they're bringing back Ducktales, I'd really like to see an animated adaption of The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, be it as a little mini arc or a full fledged movie.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 26, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I thought the Powerpuff Girls reboot was just a CGI movie, not an actual new TV series?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

icantfindaname posted:

I thought the Powerpuff Girls reboot was just a CGI movie, not an actual new TV series?

It was a proof of concept that CN then picked up.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh god the new Gumball was friggin' fantastic.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

I listen to Rob Paulsen's podcast and he shilled this show constantly because he and his friends worked on it. Even by the standards of his usual obnoxious self-promotion (like pretending that Jimmy Neutron wasn't ugly garbage because it was a profitable animated movie with "real" voice actors instead of celebrities) it was painful.

Really Rob is the worst part of it even if his guests can be fum, I just skip all of his soloand cross-promotion eps and jump ahead whenever he starts awardly hitting on girls or telling the same 5 jokes or ranting about celebrities doing voices.

Has he ever talked to Grey Delise? She seems to have developed this Mrs. Robinson voice-actor cougar persona that's really weird.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Larryb posted:

Oops didn't catch that somehow, it's fixed now. Hopefully they'll be able to get back most of the old voice cast or at least some decent sound alikes and that Alan Young will still be alive by then. I'd kind of like to see a revival of Darkwing Duck and/or Gargoyles while they're at it. While they're bringing back Ducktales, I'd really like to see an animated adaption of The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, be it as a little mini arc or a full fledged movie.

Greg Weisman must have 50 years of potential story bible and plot outlines built up on his webpage by now. The guy was posting hundreds of words a week about innumerable Gargoyle spinoffs he had fantasized about since 1997.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Jack Gladney posted:

Has he ever talked to Grey Delise? She seems to have developed this Mrs. Robinson voice-actor cougar persona that's really weird.

Yes.

Pretty much any time Maurice Lamarche, John DiMaggio, or Billy West pop up on a podcast they're great, and the episode of Nerdist with Rob Paulsen and Maurice Lamarche just playing off of each other for an hour is fantastic.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Its weird to see the prime style in a more cartoony flash, but sure, I guess I'll take a catch the Decepticon of the week show?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Quest For Glory II posted:

You probably should have inferred this from Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack appearing on Hulu Plus, but Cartoon Network's shows will be leaving Netflix at the end of next month. You may as well binge watch what's there because there's no guarantee that every show is going to migrate over to Hulu Plus when their Netflix contract is up.

e: I got an email from Netflix saying Chowder season 3 was just added, but this is what Zap2It says:

poo poo, I better catch up on Children's Hospital and Dude, What Would Happen immediately.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
looks like something new is going to be done with Codename Kids Next Door in the near future and I'll admit it's got me feeling kinda hype https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_2aDok_CcQ

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Hope it's not a new series.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ugh, I was hoping that show would stay in the early-2000s CN lovely Cartoon Graveyard where it belongs.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I remember being entertained by KND for a certain period of my life, but I have an history of being easy to entertain. The premise is, if not really original, at least potentially good. I'd give this one a shot.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I kinda want it to come out just to see how much of a train wreck it is. The overarching plot of Kids Next Door was totally ludicrous bullshit and didn't make any sense when it wasn't doing movie parodies, and now they think they can just pick up where they left off after 7 years?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cannot believe the terrible opinion about knd in this thread

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
It's a mediocre show that came out during a time when cartoon network showed mainly mediocre to bad shows. KND, Billy and Mandy, Camp Lazlo, and a whole lot of other shows.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Billy and Mandy ruled :colbert:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axleblaze posted:

Billy and Mandy ruled :colbert:

Yeah it did

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
So, since it's getting removed from Netflix I decided to binge watch the 2010 Scooby Doo cartoon. It's surprisingly good.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

frank.club posted:

cannot believe the terrible opinion about knd in this thread

:agreed:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nckdictator posted:

So, since it's getting removed from Netflix I decided to binge watch the 2010 Scooby Doo cartoon. It's surprisingly good.

I've always hated Scooby Doo so I was shocked at how good that series was. It was just a weird experience to be watching Scooby Doo and be enjoying it.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
It really is amazing how CN somehow managed to go half a decade without making anything good between Samurai Jack and Gumball. It's not even like they had a case of brain drain to excuse it, Camp Lazlo was one big Rocko reunion and Foster's Home was like a 90s CN reunion but nothing of value came of it.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I kinda want it to come out just to see how much of a train wreck it is. The overarching plot of Kids Next Door was totally ludicrous bullshit and didn't make any sense when it wasn't doing movie parodies, and now they think they can just pick up where they left off after 7 years?

The one dad being a monstrous shadow Bill Cosby was one of the only funny things in that show and now they can't even do that anymore.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
"Between Samurai Jack and Gumball" seems to discount alot of shows. Hell if for some reason you don't like Billy and Mandy, and are the sort if monster that didn't like Chowder, who the hell doesn't like Flapjack???

Not to mention Batman Brave and the Bold, Sym-biotic Titan, Mystery Inc and Adventure Time premiered before Gumball. Also, gently caress everybody, Problem Solverz ruled.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I liked Kids Next Door? I don't think it was any worse than any other show of that era, and in general I don't really think shows of that era were that much worse than even stuff like Adventure Time, and definitely not worse than like TT Go or those Star Wars CGI things. I was the right age when they were airing, but god drat, for a thread full of people watching children's media posters ITT are incredibly quick to accuse things of being juvenile

It's hilarious watching this kind of schizophrenic grognard-raging where people are fawning over the Cartoon Renaissance of SU/Gravity Falls, but everything between the time that they grew out of the target demographic and the time when they found Adventure Time is the Worst Show Ever

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 20, 2015