Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Watrick posted:

Egad! I'm 5 coins away from Platinum. I downloaded Pokemon Bank, Rusty Baseball, and that submarine game. I only got coins from Pokemon bank. Is there anything else I can get to push me to the top?

Have you gotten the post play surveys yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Grab one of the cube puzzle games from the same company that made Toki Tori. They're like $2 and pretty good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

BottledBodhisvata posted:

It's why everyone's favorite stage tends to be the Afterburner one, because it changes the least.

For real? I always thought that was one of the most boring stages in the game, it's just an oval. That's like Luigi Circuit being your favourite Mario Kart track or something

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Watrick posted:

Egad! I'm 5 coins away from Platinum. I downloaded Pokemon Bank, Rusty Baseball, and that submarine game. I only got coins from Pokemon bank. Is there anything else I can get to push me to the top?

On the WiiU itself, Lucadian Chronicles and Zen Pinball 2 both give ten coins as a post-play survey. (The former has an initial survey that gives you no coins but has to be filled out to get the post-play survey)

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Electric Phantasm posted:

Have you gotten the post play surveys yet?

Not yet. I never got a download survey for any except Pokemon.

greatn posted:

Grab one of the cube puzzle games from the same company that made Toki Tori. They're like $2 and pretty good.

I would, but I already picked those up (and you're right, they're pretty good). Good suggestion though.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

For real? I always thought that was one of the most boring stages in the game, it's just an oval. That's like Luigi Circuit being your favourite Mario Kart track or something

You can build up some really awesome speed if you do the course right and hit every booster, it becomes just a giant wind tunnel full of explosions. The biggest challenge is the last turn which you can anticipate or try to cheese with a shortcut and then you can get right back into the boosts.

It also doesn't have really any places where you can fall off the stage or holes in the middle like that loving sadistic version of Rainbow Road they tried to craft out of black magick.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

Carrasco posted:

On the WiiU itself, Lucadian Chronicles and Zen Pinball 2 both give ten coins as a post-play survey. (The former has an initial survey that gives you no coins but has to be filled out to get the post-play survey)

I'm downloading Lucadian now. Doesn't it take a week for the post play to show? Also, is the coin claim done at the end of this month?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Watrick posted:

Not yet. I never got a download survey for any except Pokemon.

I would, but I already picked those up (and you're right, they're pretty good). Good suggestion though.

Watrick posted:

I'm downloading Lucadian now. Doesn't it take a week for the post play to show? Also, is the coin claim done at the end of this month?

I don't know the exact time but yeah, the post play surveys show up some time after the download so expect a survey for the 3DS games and Lucadian to show up and you have until the end of March to earn coins.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

I don't know the exact time but yeah, the post play surveys show up some time after the download so expect a survey for the 3DS games and Lucadian to show up and you have until the end of March to earn coins.

Excellent! Thank you for the help.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

What is the internal storage on the WiiU? Is it an SD card like the 3DS? If I hook up a USB drive will it be any faster loading games/etc? Can I force it to dump stuff to external storage rather than internal?

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

It's internal flash storage, doubt you will see any speed gains using usb 2.0. You can move things from internal to external storage and vice versa should you so wish.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

I thought it was a week for the post-play surveys but I downloaded that Lucadian game on 2/14 and I still haven't gotten anything. :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Electromax posted:

I 3-starred most of MK8 pretty easily but I can't finish basically any of the events in the top two difficulties for Sonic. It felt impossible to me like FZero 64 did. Deleted Sonic a while ago as a result but we still play MK8 when people come over, has an easier skill floor. No item preference between the two.

Yeah, while the races in Sonic were much more fun (even my gf who barely plays games but loves Mario Kart says it was more exciting in Sonic since the tracks changed) the difficulty kicks into hardcore and it isnt as chill as MK8 is. A mix of the two would be awesome in whichever is the next iteration.

Provided there will be another Sonic racing game.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
E: wrong nintendo thread :shobon:

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 25, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Provided there will be another Sonic racing game.

Instead of Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympics (I'm just assuming this will probably happen) a kart crossover game would be neat

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rhythm Heaven Fever is a really cool game, which makes me want to ask, are there any other late Wii games that you guys reccomend to check out? I never played either Galaxy either, are either one of those perferred?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Abu Dave posted:

Rhythm Heaven Fever is a really cool game, which makes me want to ask, are there any other late Wii games that you guys reccomend to check out? I never played either Galaxy either, are either one of those perferred?

Galaxy 2 is preferred (and can be bought digitally on the eShop) but either game is fine.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Help Im Alive posted:

Instead of Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympics (I'm just assuming this will probably happen) a kart crossover game would be neat

Christ that would blow my loving mind.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Just mash the two franchises together into MK9

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bayo 2 or the new Kirby, decide for me goons.

Canvas Curse still remains my fave Kirby of all time so I'm heavily leaning toward it.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Alteisen posted:

Canvas Curse still remains my fave Kirby of all time so I'm heavily leaning toward it.

Bayo 2 is my favorite Wii U title. If you've ever enjoyed any Platinum game, this is the best one they've ever made, bar none.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
bayo

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

bayo

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
New Kirby

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bayonetta 2 it's not even close.

Kirby's good but it's really short and there's not a whole lot to it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Martytoof posted:

If you want to feel awful about yourself then get a piano jet black WiiU and marvel at how many fingerprints you leave on the controller. Nothing will make you OCD about washing your hands faster.

Washing your hands won't help. I recommend oil gland removal surgery to maximize your enjoyment and performance

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Alteisen posted:

C. Buy both

It's worth noting that Bayo2 gets you Bayo1 if you feel like replaying it

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Bayonetta is a great game.

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.
Bayo2 also nets you some club nintendo points

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Everyone needs to buy Bayo2 if you want to be proper Wii u owner come on

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BottledBodhisvata posted:

The flipside is, Sonic Transformed put all of its bullshit in the stage design, which was 80 percent of the challenge there. The racers could be overcome, generally, but only after memorizing the lay-out of the tracks, which always change throughout. It's why everyone's favorite stage tends to be the Afterburner one, because it changes the least.

I swear to god, any race that had me do that flooding/burning underwater base track was just not going to end well for me.

Rogue's Landing from Skies of Arcadia is the best track, sorry :colbert:.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Forget the game and just play Skies of Arcadia

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Skies of Arcadia 2 for the Wii U please

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Rogue's Landing from Skies of Arcadia is the best track, sorry :colbert:.

If the SoA track were Cupil's asscrack it would still be the best track because Skies of Arcadia.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

majormonotone posted:

I'd prefer an HD remake, Skies doesn't need a sequel

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

majormonotone posted:

YES! drat I loved that game.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

katkillad2 posted:

Yep, I just started playing Mario Kart last week and I like the Sonic Racing Wii U game much better. In Mario Kart...one of two things will happen while playing against the AI. You will either have to dodge 2-3 attacks the last half of the last lap when you are in first place which is usually unlikely since 1-2 of those are going to be first place shells, or the game selects one AI driver to blow you out at the beginning of the race and your only chance is to get lucky with attacks.

It's funny because everyone complained how hard the AI was in the Sonic racing game, but I found I could outperform the AI with skill in that game. I just wish all games like this would put in an option to turn off the AI comeback bullshit.

Shockingly you can't completely master a game in a few days. Once you are good at MK 8 you will be able to defeat the AI with skill. You currently do not possess these skills.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I mean, it's really hard to suck against the Mario Kart AI. If you lose to them, you're actually just bad at life.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I really liked the track design from Transformed - switching up the tracks lap to land lend a hand to create a slightly more dynamic feel.

I wasn't a huge fan of the kart transformations though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have a question about the virtual console.

I am playing Earthbound and am using quick save slot to do saves.
If I play a 2nd game can I do the same thing or is it only one save slot for all games?

I don't want to test it in case it kills the first save.

• Locked thread