Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The name of the wine :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Aubrey Plaza and Jim O'Heir making out on Seth Meyers' show was just... uncomfortable. They went at it hard and passionately for like a minute, way past the point where it's just like "haha."

What the hell was up with that?

Please tell me that didn't happen or include a link in the post. I don't want to search for the video link.

The mental image was enough to make me feel incredibly uncomfortable. :ohdear:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Pigasus posted:

Please tell me that didn't happen or include a link in the post. I don't want to search for the video link.

Yeah, it definitely happened.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/25/parks-and-rec-cast-sing-goodbye-aubrey-plaza-make-out_n_6751224.html

Starts at 30 seconds.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pigasus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAUbuKCOFKo

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I dug the news ticker in the background of Gerry's tenth inauguration, with Bill Belichek denying that the Patriots employ aliens.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Parks hit its best ratings since 2011 last night!

A 1.6. Jesus.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

Aubrey Plaza and Jim O'Heir making out on Seth Meyers' show was just... uncomfortable. They went at it hard and passionately for like a minute, way past the point where it's just like "haha."

Sounds like they got exactly the reactions they wanted. I mean Aubrey Plaza basically played herself on P&R

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Parks hit its best ratings since 2011 last night!

A 1.6. Jesus.

Oh well, I can take some small solace in the fact it was a really good show and I enjoyed watching it, but knowing it had a low viewership is going to keep me up a few nights I'm sure :ohdear:

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

Oh, that was actually really funny watching live. I wish we could have seem more of their initial reactions!

I loved seeing Retta's reaction and her pointing it out to Aziz. The two of them just couldn't help but break! Nick Offerman and Megan Mullaly seems to have really rubbed off on Aubrey!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im all boned up and horney from seeing plaza mack it with jimmy

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

That was the obvious way to end the series, but it was obvious because it was also the perfect way to end the series. So many callbacks hidden in every scene, too.

Regarding future presidents, I always assumed Leslie would be president and then Ben would be president once she hit her term limit.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

HO HO. I wonder how many other things like that are buried throughout the finale. J-R finally hit it big, and Tom's the failure.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Oh well, I can take some small solace in the fact it was a really good show and I enjoyed watching it, but knowing it had a low viewership is going to keep me up a few nights I'm sure :ohdear:

A low viewership that definitely won't be taken into consideration for greenlighting shows that work in a similar vein. Yay for more multicam sitcoms!

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

lookoutbelow posted:

HO HO. I wonder how many other things like that are buried throughout the finale. J-R finally hit it big, and Tom's the failure.

Tom's no failure. His second book is called Failure 2.0: Failing to Fail. His first book was immensely successful.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
Never got to see Richard Nygard.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
More than anything else I'm just glad they got one final use out of the Tiny Cup picture.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Welcome to Sweden got picked up for a 2nd season so we'll have a little more Amy and Aubrey to (maybe) look forward to.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So the tribute to Harris Wittels was cut from the episode on Hulu for some reason.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

lookoutbelow posted:

J-R has always been a hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlLyZEfGQIU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So the tribute to Harris Wittels was cut from the episode on Hulu for some reason.

It was probably added last minute, and it's possible Hulu gets their copy of the episode in advance to upload and test before it needs to go live.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

A low viewership that definitely won't be taken into consideration for greenlighting shows that work in a similar vein. Yay for more multicam sitcoms!

Honestly it doesn't seem worth fretting about. NBC are going to do whatever they're going to do and meta-discussion about production is nearly always tedious and navel gazy in equal measures (see: sharktank threads in Games, any comicbook thread in CineD SMG hasn't stirred up in a while)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pakled posted:

You just know it tastes like piss too

Karmalaa70
Jun 15, 2006
Last night's episode was really excellent and a fitting end.

I view P & R much like I do Friday Night Lights - great shows that hardly anyone watched, and I'm grateful that I got to see as much of them as I did as they both could have easily been cancelled very early on.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Anyone know when the extended cut of the finale is going up on Hulu? I thought I saw somewhere that they did one and I remember them being up the next day in the past.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Yes you did, he was even in the final episode.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Good finale, though I would've liked to see a cameo from Mark in the last season at some point, would have been a nice callback.

Fragmaster
Dec 1, 2000

nerdshoe

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Mike Schur: We talked a lot about Dr. Richard Nygard, the oft-referenced but never-seen therapist who helped Chris Traeger (and later, Craig) become a better, more balanced person. The writers’ favorite theory was that he was totally made-up, in like a Tyler Durden “Fight Club” type situation, and that if you followed Chris Traeger to a therapy session he would just be sitting in front of a mirror. Aziz actually made Dr. Richard Nygard business cards that had a picture of Rob as Nygard and handed them out on Rob’s last day. [Source]

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

kdrudy posted:

Good finale, though I would've liked to see a cameo from Mark in the last season at some point, would have been a nice callback.

He has been scrubbed from the show. They did not even mention him when they mentioned all of Ann's exes. Did they even show him during the outtakes?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Karmalaa70 posted:

Last night's episode was really excellent and a fitting end.

I view P & R much like I do Friday Night Lights - great shows that hardly anyone watched, and I'm grateful that I got to see as much of them as I did as they both could have easily been cancelled very early on.

Also 30 Rock. Also that appears to be the trajectory Hannibal is on. The NBC touch! (or was FNL on ABC?)

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.

Fragmaster posted:

Mike Schur: We talked a lot about Dr. Richard Nygard, the oft-referenced but never-seen therapist who helped Chris Traeger (and later, Craig) become a better, more balanced person. The writers’ favorite theory was that he was totally made-up, in like a Tyler Durden “Fight Club” type situation, and that if you followed Chris Traeger to a therapy session he would just be sitting in front of a mirror. Aziz actually made Dr. Richard Nygard business cards that had a picture of Rob as Nygard and handed them out on Rob’s last day. [Source]

"Stop Pooping" was just Richard Nygard visiting Chris in the hospital.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also 30 Rock. Also that appears to be the trajectory Hannibal is on. The NBC touch! (or was FNL on ABC?)

Sort of. It was on NBC for two seasons then moved to DirecTV

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Crows Turn Off posted:

Aubrey Plaza is a very strange person IRL.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
Amazing show, amazing finale.

I'm only kinda bummed we didn't see an epic Craig meltdown. After all his therapy i totally thought they were building to him loosing it in a spectacular way. Glad he got his happy ending though.

(Was Donna at Craig/Typhoon's wedding? Did she ever forgive him for Twittergate?)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Sort of. It was on NBC for two seasons then moved to DirecTV

Then didn't it move back? That show finishing its run at all was amazing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I was rewatching some old episodes the other day and noticed Will Arnett told Leslie that she "could go triples right off the bat." I wonder if they always planned to give her triplets.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Retail Slave posted:

Yeah that's not the strangest thing she's done, that would be thinking that headlining the Grumpy Cat movie was in any way a good career move

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

King of Foolians posted:

Amazing show, amazing finale.

I'm only kinda bummed we didn't see an epic Craig meltdown. After all his therapy i totally thought they were building to him loosing it in a spectacular way. Glad he got his happy ending though.

(Was Donna at Craig/Typhoon's wedding? Did she ever forgive him for Twittergate?)

Donna introduced Ron and Typhoon to each other after Ron's barber died, so they're at least on speaking terms.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah that's not the strangest thing she's done, that would be thinking that headlining the Grumpy Cat movie was in any way a good career move

She made her money and no one has thought or talked about that movie in two months. Like she gives a poo poo.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Retail Slave posted:

I'm pretty sure it's all just a put-on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You should see the things Jane Lynch voices. Dino Time, A Worm's Tale, Space Chimps 2...

• Locked thread