Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

There ya go. Now why doesn't the game use that term? :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Zaphod42 posted:

There ya go. Now why doesn't the game use that term? :cheeky:

Because Toriyama won't acknowledge it.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

what race should i make, which one is the coolest

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

So I picked up a seven starred dragon ball from a quest but it does not show up in my bag. Is that normal? Are they in some special dragon ball place?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

NomChompsky posted:

So I picked up a seven starred dragon ball from a quest but it does not show up in my bag. Is that normal? Are they in some special dragon ball place?

Yeah, I think the game will tell you can make a wish if you have them all.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

A Spider Covets posted:

Frieza's race. Duh. :v:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I see Raditz in town wanting me to help him beat up Goku, is this a mentor thing and would doing this mess up my mentorship with Piccolo?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Xad posted:

Frieza's race. Duh. :v:

:pusheen:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

They all own

I'm making the true son of vegeta and bulma with blue hair

His name will be Jorts

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I see Raditz in town wanting me to help him beat up Goku, is this a mentor thing and would doing this mess up my mentorship with Piccolo?

No, just a parallel quest. If you accidentally pick up a new mentor it warns you and you can back out.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

A Spider Covets posted:

Namekians get rad noodle arms and can also be massive, so they are objectively the best.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

They all own

I'm making the true son of vegeta and bulma with blue hair

His name will be Jorts

this is a good idea and i approve of your endeavors

solomonic made a buu and i've been watching him play, they're pretty neat i think. i kind of want to play a girl though and aren't friezas all dudes? metro dudes, but dudes nonetheless

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Crabtree posted:

Yeah, I think the game will tell you can make a wish if you have them all.

In my play data it says I have found 7 dragon balls I don't know how to do poo poo with them though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

NomChompsky posted:

In my play data it says I have found 7 dragon balls I don't know how to do poo poo with them though.

There's a dragon ball podium in the center of the top area of the city, where Trunks wished you into existence in the first place. I haven't gotten any dragonballs myself, but I assume that's where they go

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

this is a good idea and i approve of your endeavors

solomonic made a buu and i've been watching him play, they're pretty neat i think. i kind of want to play a girl though and aren't friezas all dudes? metro dudes, but dudes nonetheless

i think they are genderless and so are buu(s)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Eonwe posted:

i think they are genderless and so are buu(s)

Nope, Buus are gendered. Some of them have Buubs. :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Wait is this actually a good game? I sort of disregarded it immediately after the first few pages of the thread. :confused:

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I have also read now that farming mission 15 in the 3 star difficulty category yields a high chance to get dragon balls. How do you unlock that mission? I can't find anything online that has a mission unlock guide which is more than a little frustrating.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ciaphas posted:

Wait is this actually a good game? I sort of disregarded it immediately after the first few pages of the thread. :confused:

It's made by the team that did the old good 2D budokai games, so the fighting is solid, and the premise basically lets you reenact all your old middle school fanfics.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Nope, Buus are gendered. Some of them have Buubs. :v:

can confirm, solomonic's char has Buubs

i've never seen the blue elf people before (the villains?) but i assume they're not playable. i think i'm between a saiyan and a buu at the moment, although piccolos are super rad.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Yes indeed.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

jivjov posted:

It's made by the team that did the old good 2D budokai games, so the fighting is solid, and the premise basically lets you reenact all your old middle school fanfics.

Huh, well, how 'bout that.

Too bad I'm frustratingly poo poo-tier at fighting games :(

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ciaphas posted:

I am exactly the same way. I am terrible and am still having a blast with this. It really feels like you're playing Dragon Ball Z.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
The game doesn't play like a traditional fighter. More like God of War or something.

Been trying to unlock Piccolo's outfit in one of the first side missions and ye gods... I've unlocked everything BUT his outfit.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

A Spider Covets posted:

can confirm, solomonic's char has Buubs

i've never seen the blue elf people before (the villains?) but i assume they're not playable. i think i'm between a saiyan and a buu at the moment, although piccolos are super rad.

You can make a blue or purple human with white hair just like a Kai but no pointy ears.

If you wanna 'stand out' in this game with near no social interaction there's tons of Saiyans swarming around.

Also I'm playing a Buu and it rules.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
making a Kai is actually a really good idea

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Ciaphas posted:

Don't worry about it, dude. You can play with other people who are better at fightmans, with friends or just grind until you smash anything in your wake. This game's about having fun doing goofy poo poo and punching people in the face.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You can make a blue or purple human with white hair just like a Kai but no pointy ears.

If you wanna 'stand out' in this game with near no social interaction there's tons of Saiyans swarming around.

Also I'm playing a Buu and it rules.

important question though: do the saiyans get monkey tails

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

A Spider Covets posted:

important question though: do the saiyans get monkey tails

No. Tails are attached to Saiyan armor.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Firstborn posted:

No. Tails are attached to Saiyan armor.

im gonna be a buu then. thank you goons for helping me solve this identity crisis.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

A Spider Covets posted:

im gonna be a buu then. thank you goons for helping me solve this identity crisis.

If you get bored don't hesitate to make something of another race. You have 8 slots to mess around with.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Crabtree posted:

If you get bored don't hesitate to make something of another race. You have 8 slots to mess around with.

You have to beat the awful story mode first though.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
They need to add Animal People and Monsters/Demons as races in the next game so I can make Oolong and Monster Ghiran's descendants who are the greatest heroes of the future(Androids and a Generic Alien option would also be good, especially if for Androids you could make Dr Wheelo, Dr Raichi(sp?), and Dr Miu style Androids as well as the standard Dr Gero types)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is king kai a playable character, and if not, why?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

New Leaf posted:

Because Toriyama won't acknowledge it.
He allowed GT to happen. What are his priorities?

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Broseph Brostar posted:

You have to beat the awful story mode first though.

Has anyone successfully made a JoJo

Selane
May 19, 2006

Scalding Coffee posted:

Money? Someone tell him "we will pay you X money dollars to publicly acknowledge this" and see what happens.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Can I make a fat saiyan

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
You can make a lot of different DBZ aliens just using the base races and changing their skin color or adding weird frilly crests and horns and stupid chins to them. hth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Scalding Coffee posted:

Pretty sure Toriyama was under some kind duress from Toei (gun to his head, they kidnapped his famility, etc) when he gave the greenlight for GT.

• Locked thread