Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Randler posted:

Gunnerkrig Aatrek

is it pederasty or something

all i know about gunnerkrig is that it exists. and is like harry potter the webcomic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gunnerkrig gave the world the chibisoma meltdown, which is good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

gunnerkrig gave the world the chibisoma meltdown, which is good

??????????

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

PupsOfWar posted:

whats a good weight foor that height

like around 100 pounds

she's either overweight or obese

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

baw posted:

like around 100 pounds

this is a squares/rectangles situation

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

baw posted:

like around 100 pounds

4'6" and 125 lbs makes a BMI of 30.1 or so, which checks in as obese

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Badger of Basra posted:

this is a squares/rectangles situation

more spherical tbqh

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mooyashi posted:

being in a bar on either side of it makes me very happy!

Do you judge people who show up to drink alone at 3pm on a Wednesday afternoon? Casting taunting looks and using a mocking tone to ask if the patron wants another round? I'm asking for a friend.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

??????????

a dude whined about how the webcomic was heteronormative for not having sufficient lesbians, and the author/artist mentioned that the dude had been complaining at him about it across email, social media, and other webforums

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
mm, drat good meltdown, and hot

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

can someone start a thread were every post is that 30mb gif of a hill exploding in Syria so I don't have to see it every day

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Popular Thug Drink posted:

is it pederasty or something

all i know about gunnerkrig is that it exists. and is like harry potter the webcomic?

it looks like a vaguely anime-ish harry potter to me

lol @ anyone who reads webcomics, but it is intriguing seeing them become more and more manga-like over time. it can't possibly make them any worse at least, because newspaper comic strips are a dead, worthless medium, and every single one made on that model was dogshit

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

can someone start a thread were every post is that 30mb gif of a hill exploding in Syria so I don't have to see it every day

also the maps of kobane

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Effectronica posted:

a dude whined about how the webcomic was heteronormative for not having sufficient lesbians, and the author/artist mentioned that the dude had been complaining at him about it across email, social media, and other webforums

Oh right because he wanted the main char and her roommate to be gay together but only one ended up being gay and at another person.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

zoux posted:

??????????

Gunnerkrig Court's sexually deviant fan base was not amused that one of the underaged characters was nor a lesbian. One underage schoolgirl lesbian apparently did not suffice.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Effectronica posted:

Chibisoma posted:

Oh good, generic teen romance spotted. Interest shooting through the floor.

Jack is the least interesting male in anything since Sailor Moon.

the author posted:

Hey man, you missed a few words out of your post. Here, I'll post the comments you Tweeted at me:

Chibisoma posted:
--
Well, Gunnerkrigg Court's decided to sink ships and hook Annie up with Jack, it seems. Interest completely hit rock bottom. Thanks, Tom!
Oh good, generic straight romance #2,405,120. Yawn. No Kat/Annie End, no reading. Jack's the least interesting male since Chiba Mamoru.
And to Tom: gently caress you for not taking a god drat chance, you cowardly loving bitch. "Nope. Everyone has to be straight!" gently caress you.
Remember the lesson GCC teaches us: Be straight, otherwise your peers won't like you. #GunnerkriggCourt #fuckingasshole #badendconfirmed
Now I definitely need to get to work on writing a guide because otherwise the urge to strange that cowardly little prick won't go away.
Yeah, can't do it. Hey @gunnerkrigg - good job sinking ships and ruining the comic, you weak god drat writer.
@gunnerkrigg Can't have the main characters be bi/gay, right? That's for the two designated 'weirdo' characters, huh? gently caress you, you prick.
@gunnerkrigg No, really, it's nice of you to have a 'please stop reading now' arc. Real considerate of you.
@gunnerkrigg - proving that making a bi/gay character the lead isn't worth the trouble. You're really breakin' down barriers there, Tom.
Hey kids: If you're gay, you should be off where you can't be seen. You must be straight. Remember the lessons that @gunnerkrigg taught us.
loving makes me sick. Great, one more generic straight romance with a bland male lead. Good job @gunnerkrigg you loving coward.
Need to go watch @GeorgeTakei say/do things to calm down. Stupid anti-gay bullshit ruining my morning. Off to Youtube I go...
--

And here's part of the stuff you said on my forum:

Chibisoma posted:
--
Really. I'm going to start magically liking Jack and the fact that Tom's ensured we won't get anything resembling a Kat/Annie end?

Great, one more boring-rear end straight romance. Tons of potential lost and for what? Because Tom didn't feel like taking any chances. That's for the two designated 'weird' kids in the comic, huh? Can't have the main characters interested in each other, despite all the little hints (and sometimes not so little ones) dropped all over the place. Must make them straight, boring, and ensure they wind up with the worst characters in the comic.

Yeah, tell me what there is to look forward to with this couple, hoss. You seem to be all for it. Jack's the most boring lead in any romance since Chiba Mamoru from Sailormoon. : There's not a single interesting (or redeeming) thing about him and yet it's looking increasingly like Annie's going to end up with him.

Because straight people, that's why. God forbid GCC take a chance with anything. Nope, must conform to the status quo and leave that gay poo poo to the weirdo characters, right?

Yeah, no. gently caress you and gently caress Tom. I guess it's nice he made a 'please stop reading my webcomic, it's becoming like any other teen romance strip' arc though. Real considerate-like. Always good to see straightforward, boring fuckin' romance blooming. And at the end, they'll have a kid, Annie'll die, and Kat'll be there to talk about the kid's adventures in the school or some other stereotypically generic thing. Because the kids must be like the parents, always and forever.
--

Thanks for your interest!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are new, large holes in Siberia.

A mysterious tunnel was found in Toronto.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

icantfindaname posted:

You're posting in it :confused:

:argh:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

no mention here of bel ami, not realistic

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

alas Klaus Wowereit, i knew him well

und das ist ein gut so

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Randler posted:

Gunnerkrig Court's sexually deviant fan base was not amused that one of the underaged characters was nor a lesbian. One underage schoolgirl lesbian apparently did not suffice.

Point of order, she had not come out as a lesbian at the time. If you'll look here at my intricate timeline you'll find

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Do you judge people who show up to drink alone at 3pm on a Wednesday afternoon? Casting taunting looks and using a mocking tone to ask if the patron wants another round? I'm asking for a friend.

These are the best patrons btw and that bartender is a dick

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

euphronius posted:

There are new, large holes in Siberia.

A mysterious tunnel was found in Toronto.

Terror tunnels

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Randler posted:

i guess germans have a hard time understanding that most people don't start thinking sexually at the age of eighteen and not a second prior

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
"Hey human being, wanna keep spending money in here or what?"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

icantfindaname posted:

it looks like a vaguely anime-ish harry potter to me

lol @ anyone who reads webcomics, but it is intriguing seeing them become more and more manga-like over time. it can't possibly make them any worse at least, because newspaper comic strips are a dead, worthless medium, and every single one made on that model was dogshit

newspaper spiderman is the best

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

that guy still posts o.0

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I bet that's the kind of places that actually waits until three to open because they can't imagine people wanting a drink before then

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
If Belgians had colonized deviantart instead of the Congo the world would be a better place.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

It should be noted that the perceived event they were reacting to immediately turned out to be completely different then their insane reading, further heightening the hilarity.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

My favorite was the guy that dug a tunnel out of his bedroom to go drink after his wife fell asleep

baw
Nov 5, 2008

there was a rosary so it wasn't muslims so it isn't a terror tunnel duh

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

kustomkarkommando posted:

Badger of Basra posted:

also the maps of kobane
tell the Republicans shut the gently caress up about Obama and ISIL, problem solved :colbert:

yeah, I'll try to keep that stuff confined to the middle east thread, where it's relevant

Kurds are still awesome.:colbert:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i do not understand why webcomics and newspaper cartoons attract the most obsessive and least visually literate people ever

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
good thread baw

baw
Nov 5, 2008

fade5 posted:

tell the Republicans shut the gently caress up about Obama and ISIL, problem solved :colbert:

yeah, I'll try to keep that stuff confined to the middle east thread, where it's relevant

i thought it was good of you to pop into the USPol thread when the topic came up

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

mooyashi posted:

you have described the ideal anime thread

the bans are on the guy saying yes, of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Anyone who is reading Blondie and Mary Worth isn't probably really worried so much about the artistic dynamism as much as it just not being there anymore

• Locked thread