Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ZenVulgarity posted:

Can I make a fat saiyan

EDIT: poo poo, I think only buus can be fat, but being taller or shorter still affects how hard you hit and how fast you can go.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Look at the Buu I put in the OP. He looks like a fat Saiyan,

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

ddddddffdfddddfddf posted:

Has anyone successfully made a JoJo

Faces and clothing aren't fabulous enough unfortunately :( DBZ is the polar opposite of JoJo so its to be expected. although you could make a pretty rad Toriko.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
My Neko Majin was struggling since I haven't been able to get Goku's gi to drop, but Pilaf's outfit was in the shop and wow, this game is great.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

mango sentinel posted:

Pretty sure Toriyama was under some kind duress from Toei (gun to his head, they kidnapped his famility, etc) when he gave the greenlight for GT.

I was always under the impression that Toei's contract allowed them to make GT without Toriyama being able to do poo poo so they did it anyways.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Crabtree posted:

EDIT: poo poo, I think only buus can be fat, but being taller or shorter still affects how hard you hit and how fast you can go.

What about a fat human

A small fat human

If I can't make Yajirobe....my fanfics....

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
My only annoyance is that at this point I'm positive they just straight up put low drop rates in Parallel Missions because wow does it take forever to 'farm' for anything. Trying to get Super Saiyan from that 'protect stage 1 Freeza' mission and it is dumb and long and I have gotten Gohan's pants three times in a row now.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ZenVulgarity posted:

What about a fat human

A small fat human

If I can't make Yajirobe....my fanfics....

Generally futzing around with male majins is the easiest way to get fat-looking saiyans or humans. Different body types (or sliders, even) are definitely my wish for Xenoverse 2.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Is there any kind of unlock guide for the parallel quests? Trying to figure out how to unlock mission 15 but I can't seem to find anything anywhere on the internet yet.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
What happens if a player Saiyan goes SSJ? Does your hair change shape? Color? Both? What if you're already blonde?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The desire to shoot lasers at Friezas overwhelmed me and I preordered the game because I can't pass up bonus Vegetas. How do I get an invite to the Steam group, since it's closed? KelpPlankton on steam.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

The desire to shoot lasers at Friezas overwhelmed me and I preordered the game because I can't pass up bonus Vegetas. How do I get an invite to the Steam group, since it's closed? KelpPlankton on steam.

while we're at it, here's me, would appreciate an invite too:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/aspidercovets/

feel free to friend me as well just let me know who you are
edit: got added, thanks!

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 25, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Zaphod42 posted:

What happens if a player Saiyan goes SSJ? Does your hair change shape? Color? Both? What if you're already blonde?

Just a hair color change, no change to shape at all- which is a lot of people chief complaint at this point. Just stay away from flat hair styles and you'll be fine.

Edited to say that they keep saying it is the engine preventing them from doing the hair change.. yet somehow they managed it for Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Gohan, etc.. I feel like all it would take is setting a "normal" hair model and a "super" hair model, but meh, I don't make games happen.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Where did they mention the engine?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

A Spider Covets posted:

while we're at it, here's me, would appreciate an invite too:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/aspidercovets/

feel free to friend me as well just let me know who you are
edit: got added, thanks!

Ah yeah, I'd like to be added to the steam group as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/admiral_mundane/

I am far too excited for Friday.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Scalding Coffee posted:

Where did they mention the engine?

Dunno. That's just what I've seen everywhere.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Was watching random twitch streams and found peak OC

If he had the Super Saiyan wig it'd be even better, but "Frieza-Cell with wings in Goku's GT outfit" is really good too

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Radish posted:

Can I train with Yamcha?

Yes, but he only teaches you this move:

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I really hate playing FPS games on the console, but I'd like to get this on the PS4. Is it annoying to aim ki blasts and whatnot? Is there like a lock on feature or anything?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
^^^Target lock is a critical part of combat, standard 'R1 to lock, r stick to cycle targets', very good system and you won't have any issue aiming

You can buy his sword as a costume bit, which is the only relic of the literal one time he was at least the funny kind of loser instead of just the DB world's bitch.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 26, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I really hate playing FPS games on the console, but I'd like to get this on the PS4. Is it annoying to aim ki blasts and whatnot? Is there like a lock on feature or anything?

Everything is lock on, and the game is designed to work on a controller. KB+M doesn't seem very comfortable for this kind of game.

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
gently caress it. Gotta get that inner child of mine something. Can I get added to the group? http://steamcommunity.com/id/TokenTrevor/

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Just found out this game doesn't have a Cinematic Beam Struggles.

0/10

Get this trash game out of here.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

mango sentinel posted:

0/10

Can't you just mash a button and pretend that you won a beam struggle? :smuggo:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
PSN's having weird network issues this past day or so but I am gonna try to do some online tonight because it wouldn't be dragonball without training a whole lot

If you see a blue majin named Majin Bluu (original character do not steal) please get in front of me and combo people so they are powerless to avoid being hit by my 'force you to dance' move

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Are the servers down? I can't get online. :(

NVM did it, just took fiveever. If you see Goemon from Mystical Ninja running around (named Rick) then do ginyu poses! On the Microsoft The One True The Bone of course

Agoat fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 26, 2015

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

Xad posted:

Ah yeah, I'd like to be added to the steam group as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/admiral_mundane/

I am far too excited for Friday.

I'd like to be added to the group too. Multiplayer Goku sounds fun
http://steamcommunity.com/id/General_Chaos/

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Is there any way to preview clothing before you buy it?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I was doing pretty well at this game, got to Gohan begging me to fight Freeza for 5 minutes (which isn't actually 4 hours). I almost easily beat him my first time trying, but forgot to heal because I didn't realize my regen soul had activated once already. Now, every time I fight him, I can't take an 8th of his energy off because he blocks or dodges anything I do, and when I try a block counter strategy, he attacks me again before I can counter. The hell?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

mango sentinel posted:

0/10

Do you REALLY want to deal with beam struggles under internet-based multiplayer, which potentially means lag and other such things?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

BlackFrost posted:

Is there any way to preview clothing before you buy it?

No. But if it helps, Sergiom3's youtube account has a video of all of them and their names.

I remember there was this awesome UFC game, and to escape a submission you mash A. All it did was make my hand tired.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

My only annoyance is that at this point I'm positive they just straight up put low drop rates in Parallel Missions because wow does it take forever to 'farm' for anything. Trying to get Super Saiyan from that 'protect stage 1 Freeza' mission and it is dumb and long and I have gotten Gohan's pants three times in a row now.

FYI the more you progress story the more skills show up in the skill shop. My friend who is further along than I in the story has Super Saiyan available to buy in the skill shop(although apparently it costs a ton).

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, you can buy SSJ in the shop. I think you also get one from Goku being your mentor... but he's like level 70 minimum.

E: Honest answer - there are no cinematic anythings, really. I can't imagine how they would implement beam struggles in 3v3 without it being really dumb.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 26, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

mango sentinel posted:

0/10

this is apparently why people are rating it so high

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Beam Struggles would be really funny because the other guy's buddy would just fly up and smash your face in. Alternately everyone would stop and watch to see who wins because it looks cool.

Both are really good outcomes

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Xenoverse is at tip-top of every section it is classified in on Steam as a Top Seller. #1.

I don't know if Steam releases their sales figures, but I'd be really curious to hear them. I think the PC will have a big community.

I can't wait.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Everyone not shooting beams will be forced into QTEs where each button is a variation of "S-Such power!"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Squallege posted:

Everyone not shooting beams will be forced into QTEs where each button is a variation of "S-Such power!"

Oh man now I want the Shonen Reaction System

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Plankton posted:

Beam Struggles would be really funny because the other guy's buddy would just fly up and smash your face in. Alternately everyone would stop and watch to see who wins because it looks cool.

Both are really good outcomes

The four Gokus watch as Goku and Goku clash in the battle of the century. Vegeta is upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Squallege posted:

this would be loving amazing

someone needs to mod in all this dumb poo poo for more accurate DBZ fights

• Locked thread