Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Is there even a way for them for detect mods like warpack or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cardiac posted:

drat you. :argh:
I didn't want to buy a new premium, but luckily my birthday is coming up soon (and I got my salary yesterday, so welp).
Saw a bunch of CDCs yesterday, where almost everyone where driven by green or better players.

I feel like if this tank is played by players of mediocre or less skill it would be pounded into the ground. It is a weird and wonderful tank, a very powerful one in the hands of good players and total trash when played by baddies.

guidoanselmi posted:

im playing the cdc without 6th sense and not uncommonly end up dying at first encounter. otoh, the other games it tends to dominate even at t10.

i've been playing ussr med line so i've been spoiled

I've played a gently caress ton more French than USSR, so I kind of knew from the start that this tank is a delicate and beautiful snowflake. Any scratch will ruin your day.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 25, 2015

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

What mod lets you view arty like this? Is it banned on NA servers?

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

YF19pilot posted:

What mod lets you view arty like this? Is it banned on NA servers?

Battle assistant. And I don't know, I play on EU where they respect our freedoms to use gamebreaking mods.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

kemikalkadet posted:

Battle assistant. And I don't know, I play on EU where they respect our freedoms to use gamebreaking mods.

The only gamebreaking mod, in my opinion, is the hedgeclipper one. Everything else is meh.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Saint Celestine posted:

The only gamebreaking mod, in my opinion, is the hedgeclipper one. Everything else is meh.

The hedge clipper and grass removal mods are banned from the NA server. Battle Assistant is not, and it was confirmed by WG.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
World of Tanks: The war of the curated mod pack

That was some hilarious stuff seeing people argue their fan favorite mod pack. Just like new comers choose the one they want and stop arguing which is better.

It does look like I'll have to pick up a cdc to play around with this weekend. Pretty fun little tank.
I love seeing people bitch about arty hitting them around supposedly hard cover. The idea that I specifically placed myself such as to counter that specific camp spot just blows them away. I remember in beta, I once was called out with the same type of chat because I had moved to a better angle to shoot diagonally behind their rock cover.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

The hedge clipper and grass removal mods are banned from the NA server. Battle Assistant is not, and it was confirmed by WG.
Hedge clipper I can understand, but grass removal? Why? I'm pretty sure there's an in-game option that lets you turn off grass in sniper view, which is really the only time you could ever benefit from having it turned off.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Uranium 235 posted:

Hedge clipper I can understand, but grass removal? Why? I'm pretty sure there's an in-game option that lets you turn off grass in sniper view, which is really the only time you could ever benefit from having it turned off.

Probably the bug where super zoom makes the hedge disappear?

On a related topic I'm glad that Armored Warfare does not plan to allow mods. Thus, making the whole hunting down of mods and crying about mods completely moot.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Uranium 235 posted:

I might be confusing hedge clipper and grass removal. I mean that mod that removes ALL vegetation off the map, including leaves on the trees.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Agrajag posted:

Is there even a way for them for detect mods like warpack or whatever?

apparently not but some guy on on the EU server posted a screenshot of his own garage with the warpack options menu visible and they still didn't give a poo poo

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I've heard that the client basically sends a log of what you have in your res_mods folder when you log in, but since it's WG it wouldn't surprise me if it should but isn't.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The biggest improvement I got from a mod was the one that displayed your view distance circle, the render distance square thing and then the max spotting range distance or whatever. Without the mod you can get a good generally feeling about how far you can spot but that mod removes tons of guess work.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Before they implemented it into the game itself, the most advantageous mod for me was the one that showed the last known locations view range mod and the hit zones one (when I was still learning).

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 25, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I can't play without tank carousel myself. The ability to choose what tiers to display and have two rows instead of one is just such a massive improvement.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

rockopete posted:

Why do I always give pubbies the benefit of the doubt. I think my brain simply refused to entertain that he could actually be that stupid.

Look up the guy's stats, and then your head will explode.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone know a good :siren:FREE:siren: program to put my replays on youtube? Youtube is much more convenient than the actual replay system.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
record with obs/fraps/whatever -> upload

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

It's babbys first T95 :allears:

Atal Vataman posted:

Yeah pretty much.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone know a good :siren:FREE:siren: program to put my replays on youtube? Youtube is much more convenient than the actual replay system.

i've been using msi afterburner's built in record function for several years. it's free and doesn't give a poo poo if you don't actually have an msi mobo or video card (I don't)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

DonkeyHotay posted:

i've been using msi afterburner's built in record function for several years. it's free and doesn't give a poo poo if you don't actually have an msi mobo or video card (I don't)

Might try this when I get home. I am mega lazy so I will see how it goes.

Atal Vataman posted:

I've used fraps in the past and the videos always seem to come out super pixelated :-\

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
if you have some sort of unantiquated pc and dont mind the file being huge to begin with, just use intel quicksync/nvenc/amdthingy and set the bitrate to 40mb 1080p60fps and render. will look excellent, and then youtube will convert the mega file to something reasonable

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Chillyrabbit posted:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/23/23-2-2015/

Premium tank talk

Yes... Yes... finally my super pershing will be worth something now

It's already amazing versus most non-gold-slinging pubbies.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

CDC talk

Mesadoram posted:

I feel like if this tank is played by players of mediocre or less skill it would be pounded into the ground. It is a weird and wonderful tank, a very powerful one in the hands of good players and total trash when played by baddies.

I met a CDC in my T-34-85 today. He had green stats. I snuck up on him and shot him in the side, whereupon he rammed me (twice), taking significantly more damage than he dealt, and shot me in the mantlet (twice). I killed him. Then he accused me of cheating because my tank bounced his shots.

v v v I shot AP. One APCR maybe because I had it loaded for shooting at tier 8 heavies a little earlier. I have since put HE in my T-34-85 because of the CDC, Hellcat, and german WT line TDs. I hadn't remembered to before that fight though.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 25, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

pun pundit posted:

CDC talk

I met a CDC in my T-34-85 today. He had green stats. I snuck up on him and shot him in the side, whereupon he rammed me (twice), taking significantly more damage than he dealt, and shot me in the mantlet (twice). I killed him. Then he accused me of cheating because my tank bounced his shots.

:allears:

I love it when baddies buy tanks and think because it's the new hot thing. Like playing THAT particular tank is their key to become a great player.

Did you shoot HE at him or regular shots? I have a feeling on tanks with lower caliber the HE will not be that much more effective. An STB-2 shot me with HE dealing only 140 damage, I had ~215 hp.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Mesadoram posted:

:allears:

I love it when baddies buy tanks and think because it's the new hot thing. Like playing THAT particular tank is their key to become a great player.

Did you shoot HE at him or regular shots? I have a feeling on tanks with lower caliber the HE will not be that much more effective. An STB-2 shot me with HE dealing only 140 damage, I had ~215 hp.

T-34-85 HE has ridiculous damage (280) it might still work.

Tank inspector says.... 30 mm armor against a 43 mm pen HE shell might do the trick.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
the cdc is fun, but cant carry for poo poo. eod

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Chillyrabbit posted:

T-34-85 HE has ridiculous damage (280) it might still work.

Tank inspector says.... 30 mm armor against a 43 mm pen HE shell might do the trick.

I am a super paranoid person, I don't think it's a good idea to risk doing jack poo poo for a little bit more damage. Alternatively if you can pen the side of the CDC with HE you can probably instant ammo rack it.

Atal Vataman posted:

In the few games I've played in it I feel like I do carry. The fact that you can adjust to enemy placements so easily means you can be where your team needs you in no time. Flexibility can lead to some serious carrying. But ya, if you get caught in the open you are as good as hosed. You are an easy to pen tank, people will want to shoot you first no matter what.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mesadoram posted:

I am a super paranoid person, I don't think it's a good idea to risk doing jack poo poo for a little bit more damage. Alternatively if you can pen the side of the CDC with HE you can probably instant ammo rack it.

The T-34-85 is one tanks that get rewarded greatly for carrying HE and don't get punished since it carries a lot of ammo and not having a terribly long reload. Going from 180 damage to 300 is a massive increase.

I still need to run up and shotgun a CDC in my M53 or T49.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Atal Vataman posted:

I saw one get double tracked at full health and I couldn't even aim in before it died

[e]: I'm sure it's fantastic other than that in the right hands lol

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

I saw a 46% player with a T28 HTC today. :psyduck:
Something similar to monkeys and Shakespeares work,

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

The T-34-85 is one tanks that get rewarded greatly for carrying HE and don't get punished since it carries a lot of ammo and not having a terribly long reload. Going from 180 damage to 300 is a massive increase.

I still need to run up and shotgun a CDC in my M53 or T49.

Shooting a CDC in a T49 would probably be one of the most satisfying things this game has to offer.

But like I said, I am paranoid. The thought of not being able to fully pen and having my shot do less damage than a regular AP shot would make me pretty loving angry.

The Southern Dandy posted:

I saw one get double tracked at full health and I couldn't even aim in before it died

[e]: I'm sure it's fantastic other than that in the right hands lol

If you see a CDC on the front line at the start of the game they are either a bot or someone who just wants to get to the garage as quickly as possible.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Mesadoram posted:

If you see a CDC on the front line at the start of the game they are either a bot or someone who just wants to get to the garage as quickly as possible.

Oh I'm just picking on you, but the CDC isn't for someone who isn't good at mediums in the first place.

[e]: Word to the wise: It's another FCM. If you're not super great at mediums, and don't want to be a smear on the map, don't buy it.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 25, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Southern Dandy posted:

Oh I'm just picking on you, but the CDC isn't for someone who isn't good at mediums in the first place.

I know :coolfish:

But we should thank the baddies who buy tanks, keeps WG swimming pool of money filled to the brim and gives us something easy to kill*.

*Unless they are on your team, then they clearly are the cancer killing the game.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Where can I go to look up all the 'hidden' stats for tanks? Like stats for terrain resistance, bloom, that sort of thing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Uranium 235 posted:

Where can I go to look up all the 'hidden' stats for tanks? Like stats for terrain resistance, bloom, that sort of thing.

http://tank-compare.com/en/

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Mesadoram posted:

If you have an nVidia card their newer drivers come with a thing called ShadowPlay which is actually really good. Takes a shitton of diskspace if you wanna record in 1080p at best quality (I think it's like 4 GB for 15 minutes at 30 fps), but it has very little performance impact and in addition to regular recording it has a "shadow mode" where you can just press a hotkey combination to save the last X minutes of play whenever you want. Very convenient. Otherwise I concur with the other guy who recommended MSI Afterburner, it's legit.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 25, 2015

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

TheFluff posted:

If you have an nVidia card their newer drivers come with a thing called ShadowPlay which is actually really good. Takes a shitton of diskspace if you wanna record in 1080p at best quality (I think it's like 4 GB for 15 minutes at 30 fps), but it has very little performance impact and in addition to regular recording it has a "shadow mode" where you can just press a hotkey combination to save the last X minutes of play whenever you want. Very convenient. Otherwise I concur with the other guy who recommended MSI Afterburner, it's legit.

I second this. I used to use MSI Afterburner but shadowplay is so much more convenient. Afterburner does have more options in terms of recording though.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Haven't read FTR in months open it up and find the following "Churchill Black Prince is gaining fame amongst some of the staff that plays and players too, apparently the tank is “comfortable” to drive and reliable, despite the slow speed and rather weak caliber gun, it makes it up for the superb accuracy and reload along with good armor layout".

Glad to see people are starting to figure out that the BP is the bestest tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

BadLlama posted:

Haven't read FTR in months open it up and find the following "Churchill Black Prince is gaining fame amongst some of the staff that plays and players too, apparently the tank is “comfortable” to drive and reliable, despite the slow speed and rather weak caliber gun, it makes it up for the superb accuracy and reload along with good armor layout".

Glad to see people are starting to figure out that the BP is the bestest tank.

It's a poo poo stain compared to the glorious Caernarvon :colbert: