Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

alibaba has a service/app in china called alipay that optionally uses qr codes to pay and you can send money phone to phone or to email addresses and it's instant and completely free. it's not perfect but it works pretty well and a decent number of places are accepting it for payments now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

PleasureKevin posted:

as a product for consumers, yes it sucks

but being a freelance dev guy i was looking into accepting Square or something

as it is my clients pay $1.50 to pay with interact e-transfer, a dumb canadian thing

square would charge me $24 loving dollars per transaction ( once a week )

i imagine there is a regular Visa rate that they are paying then marking it up to 2.75%

maybe apple can get that rate down to whatever Visa's base rate is, which i think i remember is like 1%??

anyway, what i'd like to see is phone-to-phone apple pay between individuals, but for really cheap or free. and currentC, since they don't have to pay CC rates, could actually have done that.

lol

yes, every detail of every transaction is collected for marketing purposes, its a pain in the rear end to use, and links directly to my bank account, but i saved $1.50

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

PCjr sidecar posted:

lol

yes, every detail of every transaction is collected for marketing purposes, its a pain in the rear end to use, and links directly to my bank account, but walmart gets an extra $1.50

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i would pay $1.50 or more but i think the price floor for something that's not Debit account based is higher than something that is, that's all i'm saying

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The Management posted:

I have one at work and now I can't look at my second monitor because it makes me sick

The Management posted:

I mean not literally sick, but the pixels disgust me

same here op

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

anyway, what i'd like to see is phone-to-phone apple pay between individuals, but for really cheap or free. and currentC, since they don't have to pay CC rates, could actually have done that.
clearxchange is going to be that thing but it won't be free

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

PleasureKevin posted:

have you heard of BIT-COIN??

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
huh? squareup charges 2.75% for swipes or ppl using the online store (i think) and 3.5% + 15¢ for ccs u manually type into it. that second part is new. couple years ago i moved our business over to square up and it worked great. since then we moved to a salesforce clone that also does cc processing but square wasnt charign us a lot. it was actually the best price in town w/r/t cc processing

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

huh? squareup charges 2.75% for swipes or ppl using the online store (i think) and 3.5% + 15¢ for ccs u manually type into it. that second part is new. couple years ago i moved our business over to square up and it worked great. since then we moved to a salesforce clone that also does cc processing but square wasnt charign us a lot. it was actually the best price in town w/r/t cc processing

Square Cash doesn't charge a thing

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Square Cash doesn't charge a thing

god drat squareup owns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
few years ago i used it in a store. tey had that old school gps based square mobile pay thing. i was, hmm, probably the only person evewr to use it. i think tey deprecated that service now. but, well, heh , :smug: im an early adopter

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Wild EEPROM posted:

the loving funniest one is still currentc
Have you seen Softcard's mascot?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/23/8091831/softcard-google-wallet-rip-tappy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNXc-fvIItw

:eyepop:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Sniep posted:

this is a f;ucking nice computer

suck it google

3000$ gets you a nice computer.

woah :eyepop::monocle:

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

not always

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

few years ago i used it in a store. tey had that old school gps based square mobile pay thing. i was, hmm, probably the only person evewr to use it. i think tey deprecated that service now. but, well, heh , :smug: im an early adopter

they got rid of the "square wallet" app

but the "square order" app can do the same trick

used it monday at panther cofee

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

saucepanman posted:

3000$ gets you a nice computer.

woah :eyepop::monocle:

That's like a Surface with keyboard right?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

MrMoo posted:

$1,849.00 (Surface Pro 3 - 512GB / Intel i7) + 100$ (keyboard)

so no

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
http://googleforwork.blogspot.com/2015/02/android-is-ready-for-work.html

introducing the new anroid, now with blackberry.

wat.

also lol SAP.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

youtube isn't profitable lmao

http://www.wsj.com/articles/viewers-dont-add-up-to-profit-for-youtube-1424897967

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ad inventory will never be sufficient to justify the level of targeting because so many people who use youtube are from countries advertisers don't care about or are children, etc.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
reminder that youtube was months, if not weeks away from bankruptcy, when Google dumped a truckload of cash on their front lawn and acquired the company

good thing we have the google brain trust to solve the NP-complete problem of making youtube ramen profitable after 10 years

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

MrMoo posted:

saucepanman posted:

a nice computer

so no

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

qirex posted:

ad inventory will never be sufficient to justify the level of targeting because so many people who use youtube are from countries advertisers don't care about or are children, etc.

I've always wondered why they pay YouTube stars so much considering their audience are kids and poors.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

cause ppl are trying to poach them for their own sites. facebook is getting the young turk's content or something and its like that for other youtube stars. they have no choice

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

eric posted:

I've always wondered why they pay YouTube stars so much considering their audience are kids and poors.

hey, i'm a grown man and i watch the only youtube star that matters, cooking with dog

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ufarn posted:

reminder that youtube was months, if not weeks away from bankruptcy, when Google dumped a truckload of cash on their front lawn and acquired the company

good thing we have the google brain trust to solve the NP-complete problem of making youtube ramen profitable after 10 years

so is every start up

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i like cooking with dog too :3:

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

saucepanman posted:

$1,849.00 (Surface Pro 3 - 512GB / Intel i7) + 100$ (keyboard)

so no

Add Office, Visio, docking station, pen, etc, and it easily becomes > $3k. Still not a nice computer ...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
cooking with smythe episode 1 got nearly 1000 views of people calling me a human being, jew bitch, cocksucker, and nimrod

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Smythe posted:

cooking with smythe episode 1 got nearly 1000 views of people calling me a human being, jew bitch, cocksucker, and nimrod

that sucks :(

i dont think you're a nimrod

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sniep posted:

that sucks :(

i dont think you're a nimrod

lol. little did they know I jacked my dick to their flames :twisted:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Smythe posted:

lol. little did they know I jacked my dick to their flames :twisted:

have you been copying my technique?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

they were afraid of you smythe

they were afraid of your power

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

MrMoo posted:

Add Office, Visio, docking station, pen, etc, and it easily becomes > $3k. Still not a nice computer ...

okay

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
hey cremnob have you seen this?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-25/apple-plays-odds-for-overturning-533-million-smartflash-verdict

i'd like your expert opinion

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

apple won't pay a cent

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lol google might invest in jawbone

http://recode.net/2015/02/25/google-mulling-strategic-investment-in-device-maker-jawbone/

grand chess master larry page is making some moves

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cremnob posted:

lol google might invest in jawbone

http://recode.net/2015/02/25/google-mulling-strategic-investment-in-device-maker-jawbone/

grand chess master larry page is making some moves

jawbone is a pretty good hardware maker, they would be useful if, say you needed a watch done in a hurry with features you just discovered you needed

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

The Management posted:

jawbone is a pretty good hardware maker, they would be useful if, say you needed a watch done in a hurry with features you just discovered you needed

ah, the motorola strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

The Management posted:

apple watch's success is going to cause other companies to overpay for companies like pebble.

• Locked thread