Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Directional melee works pretty well with weapons that traditionally didn't copter well at all such as the Galatine. While it's not quite as awesome as I'd hoped originally where we swing hammers and fly across a room like Thor, it's somewhat vaguely believable at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Fragor > Crushing Ruin stance > Shattered Village combo > Become Thor

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Is there a standard Draco build for Excalibur?

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

Is there a standard Draco build for Excalibur?

Shove as much power range, strength, and efficiency as you can. Overxtended and stretch are must's, transient fortitude is very good. I find blind rage to be less useful than more efficiency. I like natural talent, but some people prefer to stack in more power strength. An infusion Oberon can make you murder everything more than anything else.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Overextended is expensive. Bum humger.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What are you guys doing for the combine weapons? like the Tipedo. Are you guys crafting an extra set of weapons and merging them, or just blending the old ones to save on inventory slots?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

What are you guys doing for the combine weapons? like the Tipedo. Are you guys crafting an extra set of weapons and merging them, or just blending the old ones to save on inventory slots?

I built the stuff needed for the Redeemer because how else am I going to build it? I also took both weapons to 30 because mastery totally matters after rank 6, yup.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Flipswitch posted:

I build new ones entirely because i have resources, patience and enough plat that I don't give a poo poo about slots.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Not sure if this is on purpose or not.

And yes I know that could be said about pretty much anything DE related :v:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Denzine posted:

I build new ones entirely because i have resources, patience and enough plat that I don't give a poo poo about slots.

I build new ones because I maxed and trashed the component weapons ages ago.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Denzine posted:

Yeah I might end up doing this one, just because I like having a huge array of poo poo to choose from that I usually won't pick. :v:

Wales Grey posted:

I built the stuff needed for the Redeemer because how else am I going to build it? I also took both weapons to 30 because mastery totally matters after rank 6, yup.
I've not checked the Redeemer reqs yet, is that the shotgun sword thing? any good? what about the Akjigara(?).

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Flipswitch posted:

Depends on the weapon. If I have them sitting around unpotatoed, I'll just toss 'em in, otherwise I'll build new ones. I don't sell weapons that I've potatoed. Inventory slots are a non-issue since I have zero hangups about buying more (I'm fairly certain I'm well over 150 weapon slots at this point).

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Redeemer is decent, but mostly for the fact that it's a silent hitscan melee weapon; which makes it good for spy missions.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

wtsnaename posted:

Redeemer is decent, but mostly for the fact that it's a silent hitscan melee/ranged weapon; which makes it good for spy missions.

Important bit added.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Flipswitch posted:

My plan for a lot of weapons is to just build a bunch of extra ones in the foundry but NOT claim them. This saves inventory space overall but lets me have easy access to the weapons if I really needed it.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Update 15.16 + Tactical Alert!

Tenno Reinforcements

Gemini Nikana Sheath available now!

The energy flowing within this sheath changes to match the blade within it. The Nikana will cause the energy to flow like the current of a river, while the Dragon Nikana causes the sheath to rage with molten fury.

Add the Gemini Nikana Sheath to your Arsenal by visiting the Market today!

Phoenix Intercept Tactical Alert

Tenno,

We have received reports of a factory that is developing artificial genomes for Tyl Regor. These genomes can restore broken links in the Grineer DNA sequence, producing many stronger clones. You must stop this from happening! Assault the forces at Tyl Regor’s factory and intercept any intel that can tell us more about his experiments.

Shut down the factory, Tenno!

New Warframe Augments

New Augments have been added for the following Warframes, and can be purchased from the appropriate Syndicates:

Ash, Rising Storm (Arbiters of Hexis, Red Veil) - Blade Storm’s Melee multiplier lasts 100% longer before it resets.
Hydroid, Pilfering Swarm (Cephalon Suda, New Loka) - Enemies killed by tentacles have a 100% chance at additional drops.
Rhino, Piercing Roar (Steel Meridian, Perrin Sequence) - Enemies within 25 meters will suffer from a puncture proc.

Additions

Eyes of Blight Dojo Trophies have arrived and will soon be added for all Clans who participated in the event!

Weapon Changes

Increased the Base Damage on Aklato from 12 to 18.
Increased ammo capacity for Sicarus Prime to be a proper multiple of 3 (from 20 to 21).
Increased charged bolt damage of Rakta Ballistica from 100 to 300.
Increased uncharged bolt damage of Rakta Ballistica from 25 to 75 per bolt.
Rakta Ballistica is now a fully Silent weapon.

Changes

Lowered hacking difficulty on Void Sabotage Missions.
Visual improvements have been made to the Yamako Syandana.
Warframe can once again be launched by using a gamepad or controller.
Crossfire Missions now have unique Lotus Transmissions.
Various changes and additions have been made to Corpus and Grineer spy vaults. Better keep an eye out when exploring Spy Mission maps!
Orokin Ducat has been renamed to Ducat.

Fixes

Fixed issues that would occur with AMD cards during Archwing Missions.
Fixed intense lens flare effects.
Fixed menus not displaying after completing a Mission where pigments have dropped.
Fixed long delay that would occur before a ‘Join Session’ option would open up after opening a Friend or Clan member’s details.
Fixed issue where Stolen Dreams would become permanently stuck in the Quest log.
Fixed error caused when a Quest item in the player inventory has not been used, but is registered as being used by the active Quest.
Fixed login reward Blueprints not being properly labeled as Blueprints.
Fixed melee finishers placing players underneath stairs at the end of the animation.
Fixed melee finishers not registering on targets when the player is standing below the target on a staircase.
Fixed physics related crash that would occur.
Fixed a rare crash that would occur when loading into an Event Mission.
Fixed the bent visual on the Harkonar Syandana.
Fixed hip and syandana collision on Mesa.
Fixed enemies aiming at Hall of Mirrors aiming behind themselves, instead of at Mirage’s image.
Fixed Sentinels not aiming properly at some enemies.
Fixed an issue where extra melee dangles were being added to weapons.
Fixed dynamic music no longer playing after host migrations.
Fixed an issue where a host cannot rejoin a Mission they were disconnected from due to their player information still being registered to the squad.
Fixed clients becoming stuck in the capture animation during Capture Missions.
Fixed players being able to access the ceiling on Void Defense tileset.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You forgot that our PsyLotus has been replaced by the VorDog :stare: I think the image submitter hosed up.

I thought the rounded Psylotus was going to be the new Clan one and the VorDog was to be the Alliance emblem. Or did I have it backwards?

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 25, 2015

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So how hard is DESteve raging right now? Rakta Ballistica actually sounds like a good weapon one its damage is tripled? :psyduck:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You forgot that our PsyLotus has been replaced by the VorDog :stare: I think the image submitter hosed up.

I thought the rounded Psylotus was going to be the new Clan one and the VorDog was to be the Alliance emblem. Or did I have it backwards?

You got it backwards. All goons now have Psylotus even if they aren't in the main clan.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Now I wish I hadn't sold my Galantine :sigh:

On the other hand, I do have four days to get an acceptable weapon. I have a Scindo Prime BP, is it worth trying to get the blade and handle before the tactical alert expires? Otherwise I'll start making a Gram, I guess.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Solumin posted:

Now I wish I hadn't sold my Galantine :sigh:

On the other hand, I do have four days to get an acceptable weapon. I have a Scindo Prime BP, is it worth trying to get the blade and handle before the tactical alert expires? Otherwise I'll start making a Gram, I guess.

Wait I haven't logged in yet, what do you need a Galantine for?

Actually anyone who has done the tac alert wanna give the work crew the scoop?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Lord Wexia posted:

Wait I haven't logged in yet, what do you need a Galantine for?

Actually anyone who has done the tac alert wanna give the work crew the scoop?

It's a level 20-25 Grineer Interception on Ceres. You're limited to Heavy Blade melee weapons only. As far as I know, that's the Galantine, Gram, Scindo and Scindo Prime. The reward is the Tempo Royale stance, presumably a Heavy Blade stance.

I haven't done it yet, unfortunately.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Correct, it is a Galatine/Gram/Scindo/Scindo Prime only alert, but it's on the Draco map. if you already have an Excal built for it... :getin:

running it a second time rams the conclave limit down to 500, though. Oof.

The new stance is nice, I like it, but it lacks the visceral "Fuuuuck youuuu" of being Guts and swinging your big-rear end hunk of steel through the Broken Bull combo with Cleaving Whirlwind.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Nasgate posted:

You got it backwards. All goons now have Psylotus even if they aren't in the main clan.

We're doing it the other way 'round on PS4, because there as far as I know there's still no such thing as an alliance banner for the dojo and we've got to keep the Psylotus flags.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Correct, it is a Galatine/Gram/Scindo/Scindo Prime only alert, but it's on the Draco map. if you already have an Excal built for it... :getin:

running it a second time rams the conclave limit down to 500, though. Oof.

The new stance is nice, I like it, but it lacks the visceral "Fuuuuck youuuu" of being Guts and swinging your big-rear end hunk of steel through the Broken Bull combo with Cleaving Whirlwind.

I guess I'll build the Gram for now then.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Increased charged bolt damage of Rakta Ballistica from 100 to 300.
Increased uncharged bolt damage of Rakta Ballistica from 25 to 75 per bolt.

lol I bet Steve is pissed.

quote:

Rakta Ballistica is now a fully Silent weapon.

:laffo: It wasn't silent already?

EDIT: Reading the forums from back in November:

quote:

If you think this weapon is bad, you should see the Suda weapon.

The Gammacor is one of the worst secondaries in the game, and the Suda version is hardly any better.

How times change :allears:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 26, 2015

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Heads-up, the second run of the tactical alert is 8 rounds long. I highly recommend a Draco setup to cheese through that tedious crap.

Edit: Or just don't do the second run at all. The stratos emblem still really sucks.

EroticBlacksmith fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 26, 2015

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

I've not checked the Redeemer reqs yet, is that the shotgun sword thing? any good? what about the Akjigara(?).

Has there ever been a weapon given the name of Redeemer that wasn't good? The numbers on the Ajackya look okay, but they've got Mareleg recoil from what I've heard.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Does the Shealth do anything or is it just cosmetic?

Also uuuuuuugh might have to build Hydroid again. That tentacle mod might just make him worthwhile.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Or you could have paid 20cent to save him (an additional warframe slot) but hey, thats just my crazy ideas. I would never sell a warframe let alone my weapons, i even have the mk1 versions. Could be useful if i want to taunt someone.

A question to the event. What are the rewards beyond the first round, stratos emblem and? I would like to avoid this event like all the others and just get my stance and run off to do fun stuff.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

FunkyFlashman posted:

A question to the event. What are the rewards beyond the first round, stratos emblem and? I would like to avoid this event like all the others and just get my stance and run off to do fun stuff.

First round is stance, second is just the emblem. That's it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yo, Deathgibs made me log in and that got me my 32th 75% off coupon. Who wants to use it?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I maxed prime reach for this.

wasn't really worth it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Does the Shealth do anything or is it just cosmetic?

It's purely cosmetic, but it does look really, really neat.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Denzine posted:

I maxed prime reach for this.

wasn't really worth it.

Put it on a whip and report back.

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW
What can I do to try to get a stance for dual zoren?

I basically suck and have sucky stuff in my sucky inventory

edit: on PS4

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 26, 2015

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
^^^: Ask in clan/alliancechat.

Male Man posted:

No.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Male Man posted:

I'll do this next time I'm on, taking a break for tonight.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I love Prime Reach on my Galatine. Walk into the middle of a group and spin away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
So I started using a Marelok today.
:stare:
6000 damage crit (against a lowish-level Ancient) without any mods. What is this gun?!

I'm not sure if I want to build it for crits or if I want to send everyone flying with blast and impact procs.