Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Intoluene posted:

So, someone actually told me the correct procedure for petting Poogie. I thought this pig was just a jerk.

3 counts after the end of the music hit A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Glowku posted:

3 counts after the end of the music hit A

Or when you see the exclamation point.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Intoluene posted:

Or when you see the exclamation point.

3 counts is way easier since you don't rely on visual since it's just timing

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Emalde posted:

FWIW DS don't get much out of Razor (DS sharpness already declines half as quickly), and a flexible s+1 & speed sharpen set is way easier to build

Thought gaijin hunter listed that DB lost their inherent razor sharp in 4U they used to have

quote:

Changes from MH3U
Here are the changes in bullet point form:
(bad) Slightly slower speed (it’s still fast though)
(bad) Sharpness no longer gets razor sharp naturally (yet the sharpness gauges aren’t longer than last game)
(bad) Less combo paths to exit Demon Mode to save your stamina
(bad) Slightly tighter timing on hit detection
(good) gauge goes down slower
(good) no more -30% modifier on elemental power
It looks bad, I know. Especially the sharpness, ti’s the same as saying ‘it goes down 2x as fast as last game”. But the elemental modifier being lifted is big and you can always skill in razor sharp.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I'm picked up a 3ds for this and it's amazing. The lack of water levels is great. My only complaint is the N3DSXL is so small, it cramps my hands. 3U on the Wii U felt nice with the game pad.

Watrick fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 26, 2015

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Drythe posted:

Thought gaijin hunter listed that DB lost their inherent razor sharp in 4U they used to have

Oh wow, you're right and that's miserable. Why would they do that :gonk:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Watrick posted:

I'm picked up a 3ds for this and it's amazing. The lack of water levels is great. My only complaint is the 3DS is so small, it cramps my hands. 3U on the Wii U felt nice with the game pad.

You didn't grab an XL? You poor fool! That bigger screen-size makes a world of difference. The other day I found my DS lite and it was like holding a game console made for tiny ant people.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Emalde posted:

Oh wow, you're right and that's miserable. Why would they do that :gonk:

Doesn't the insect glaive outperform dual swords in terms of damage, mobility, and utility as well? From the outside looking in, that sorta makes dual blades seem a little gimped in comparison.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

nutranurse posted:

You didn't grab an XL? You poor fool! That bigger screen-size makes a world of difference. The other day I found my DS lite and it was like holding a game console made for tiny ant people.

Oops, Yeah, it's the XL. Ill edit that into my post.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

buy a grip then

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I'm looking forward to getting a grip if they're ever available from anything other than super shady Chinese eBay sellers.

cap601
Feb 16, 2011

Drythe posted:

According to his youtube guide's description it was removed in the original release but was restored in 4U.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Thoom posted:

I'm looking forward to getting a grip if they're ever available from anything other than super shady Chinese eBay sellers.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...goryId=cat10037

Unless that's who you were referring to?

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

is there a crafting recipe for first-aid meds, i see "first-aid med +" is first-aid and honey but no recipe for just first-aid?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sizup posted:

is there a crafting recipe for first-aid meds, i see "first-aid med +" is first-aid and honey but no recipe for just first-aid?

negative, you can only get them in the rewards box or from cats/the veggie elder. potions are better because they persist from mission to mission anyway

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Whats the deal with all these people online who take 10 minutes between every fight? It's not like there's a ton to do between hunts.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The Moon Monster posted:

Whats the deal with all these people online who take 10 minutes between every fight? It's not like there's a ton to do between hunts.

i like to think people are going to the island to do the real meownster hunters rather than the cheap version from your house

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

The Moon Monster posted:

They're feeding their cats, eating their dinner, getting a beer from the fridge, taking a piss, etc.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sizup posted:

First aid meds are a supply item. You'll only get them at the start of a quest from the supply box.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

That's for the old 3DS XL. I have the new one.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yea the new one has slightly different dimensions so you're probably stuck importing for awhile

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Thoom posted:

ah yeah then i'm a jerk. gomen

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Thoom posted:

So the circle-pad pro attachment for the old XL won't work on the new XL? That's lame as hell and probably means I'm not gonna pick up a new XL till it's on sale or something. :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nutranurse posted:

So the circle-pad pro attachment for the old XL won't work on the new XL? That's lame as hell and probably means I'm not gonna pick up a new XL till it's on sale or something. :v:

why would you want a circle pad on a new 3ds

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

It's a little more awkward finding them for the Nu3DS as well because... well, "new."

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

nutranurse posted:

It has a second stick (well, nub, but works great for Monster Hunter camera control) and the extra shoulder buttons built in to it already.........

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I really wish the camera was analog and not digital. it's pretty bad.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Colapops posted:

Doesn't the insect glaive outperform dual swords in terms of damage, mobility, and utility as well? From the outside looking in, that sorta makes dual blades seem a little gimped in comparison.

I hate trying to get red juice from monsters, so DB outperforms IG in terms of fun. Also Gore DBs are a pair of claws I put on and shred things with.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

goferchan posted:

It has a second stick (well, nub, but works great for Monster Hunter camera control) and the extra shoulder buttons built in to it already.........

They're tiny and I don't really like them :shrug:

I was messing around with a new 3ds XL earlier today and I still missed my CPP. But I'm probably gonna end up upgrading at some point for that faster/better processing power and the 3d stuff.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Welp I'm definitely not fighting Monoblos offline again, gently caress that poo poo. How do you guys deal with him weapon/armor-wise?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Pierson posted:

Welp I'm definitely not fighting Monoblos offline again, gently caress that poo poo. How do you guys deal with him weapon/armor-wise?

Why wouldn't you fight him offline? You can beat him with any weapon and as long as you have an armor set you're good if you're upgrading it with armor stones.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Fungah! posted:

negative, you can only get them in the rewards box or from cats/the veggie elder. potions are better because they persist from mission to mission anyway

are the only crafting/merchant healing items herbs, potions, and mega potion then?

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Drythe posted:

I hate trying to get red juice from monsters, so DB outperforms IG in terms of fun. Also Gore DBs are a pair of claws I put on and shred things with.

Both valid points.

Pierson posted:

Monoblos wasn't so bad in FU, so I am hoping that all the complaints about it are simply inexperience. If the 4U version of monoblos (and diablos too, I guess) are actually as bad as people are letting on I might be in some trouble.

Sizup posted:

are the only crafting/merchant healing items herbs, potions, and mega potion then?

Herbs, potions, mega potions, ancient potions, lifepowder, and some other assorted stuff. Sushifish restore a little bit of health, for instance, but are never classified or spoken of as actual healing items that I know of.

Colapops fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 26, 2015

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Pierson posted:

Monoblos is offline only.

And the trick is to bring Sonic Bombs and have something with blue sharpness.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sizup posted:

max and ancient potions, life powder, probably some others i cant pull off the top of my head

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

max and ancient potions, life powder, probably some others i cant pull off the top of my head

Max potions are really handy but I feel that ancient potions are a waste of a pouch slot for a single use.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Guys, I discovered one neat trick for climbing cliffs. Monsters hate me!

Seriously though, if your weapon is unsheathed, and you need to climb a cliff right this second, dodge roll your face into the cliff side and start mashing the A button. You'll grab the climbable wall, and your weapon will magically find its way onto your back.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

liquidypoo posted:

Guys, I discovered one neat trick for climbing cliffs. Monsters hate me!

Seriously though, if your weapon is unsheathed, and you need to climb a cliff right this second, dodge roll your face into the cliff side and start mashing the A button. You'll grab the climbable wall, and your weapon will magically find its way onto your back.

for anyone curious at 1:10 in this video gaijin hunter shows it off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ1QJCAEwiQ

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Sizup posted:

Don't forget Mosswine Jerky from the Guildhall Store. It refills your red life bar, increases regen rate temporarily, and once you start fighting Seregios it's a fast way to cure bleeding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Intoluene posted:

Max potions are really handy but I feel that ancient potions are a waste of a pouch slot for a single use.

i dont normally take them either but the guy asked a question

• Locked thread