Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

euphronius posted:

Having no money sucked, but tons of sex was awesome.

i had a steady gf all throughout college so it was more or less a slow decadent slide for the both of us as we just drank and boned and ate our way through college in a psychedelic haze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jagchosis posted:

do you want your guild to swear allegiance to al-baghdadi and grief players for the cause of the islamic state

Isis are good raiders.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nutranurse posted:

i had a steady gf all throughout college so it was more or less a slow decadent slide for the both of us as we just drank and boned and ate our way through college in a psychedelic haze

See that is the good part.

There's no boning like boning at age 20.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

euphronius posted:

Isis are good raiders.

peshmerga's the better pvp guild tho

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

nutranurse posted:

goons don't pvp

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
am i getting dumber or is itunes getting progressively more complicated

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Joementum posted:

goons don't pvp

[vilerat joke here]

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

nutranurse posted:

decent character in suikoden 1 but you get him too late and they already force tanks into your party

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sinnlos posted:

You keep on banging on this drum like you are going to convince everyone suddenly that God is just a really big dude up in the sky who has other better to do than start an ant farm.
it.

sinnlos is this a typo or a quaint phrasing from your place of birth

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

nutranurse posted:

[vilerat joke here]

:eyepop:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i think VR would be mad if we didn't make dick jokes and such about his passing

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

sinnlos is this a typo or a quaint phrasing from your place of birth

dont read too many d&d threads at the same time

or is this not a mispost

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

nutranurse posted:

yeah but they've got that broken US air support, nobody else stands a chance

Also reaganbook/freedombook has apparently tried to relaunch for the the fourth time, but goons have spammed the poo poo out of it and brought it down in flames each time

It's still loving hilarious each time it happens.:laugh:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

euphronius posted:

See that is the good part.

There's no boning like boning at age 20.

i dunno the reckless abandon was usually on par with the desperation. can't tell you that isn't your thing or whatever tho

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

awful late for office hours

im in pacific time

my other office hours are early so ive got all the bases covered

also i was being serious about it being awesome, its great when office hours just means "just keep doing your real work"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i left the tab open and came back and saw this and lmao

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

nutranurse posted:

no one will ever come

i was an amazing student in college and i only went to, like, 2 of my profs' office hours and that was to shoot poo poo with them not to talk about school related matters

i miss college somethings, but most of the time i really dont!

Not true! Undergrads will come right before a paper/exam to fret about the studying they haven't done yet, and immediately afterward to complain about their grade.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

A bit, whats up?

I was just bouncing some ideas around in my head for producing simpler maps for some of our publications where we don't need all the detailed bathymetry stuff. Specifically I'm trying to make it dog easy, so like when we need to add additional drill sites to an existing map, it's as simple as loading in an updated .kml, ticking the right boxes, exporting the map, and adding a label to the group. I think I've got it pretty well sorted, just need to figure out how to like add a graticule and some other bits in QGIS if that's possible.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Not true! Undergrads will come right before a paper/exam to fret about the studying they haven't done yet, and immediately afterward to complain about their grade.

to kinda tie it all in the consequence of having sex with people in their early twenties is having to spend any amount of time with them not having sex and i want to commend/question college educators about this life choice that usually bars the sex part

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mooyashi posted:

i think VR would be mad if we didn't make dick jokes and such about his passing

jokes about viletat on the other hand...

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
tthe united states is blizzard, continually futilely trying to rebalance the power in the middle east

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Raskolnikov38 posted:

jokes about viletat on the other hand...

he sucked and i always hated him

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

mooyashi posted:

i dunno the reckless abandon was usually on par with the desperation. can't tell you that isn't your thing or whatever tho

of all the things about my 20s the last thing i miss is the sex

like, im only 24 and im having better sex than i was 4 years ago b/c college-aged kids are really unsure of themselves b/c they're still pretty much kids (for the most part)

i hear it'll only get better as i age and my generation gets more comfortable with their bodies/stops caring about weird physicalities

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Jagchosis posted:

tthe united states is blizzard, continually futilely trying to rebalance the power in the middle east

cooldown on Israel's ranged attacks is seriously broken.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

kustomkarkommando posted:

cooldown on Israel's ranged attacks is seriously broken.

its been broke since patch 1.9.67, there's no way the devs are paying attention

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

nutranurse posted:

of all the things about my 20s the last thing i miss is the sex

like, im only 24 and im having better sex than i was 4 years ago b/c college-aged kids are really unsure of themselves b/c they're still pretty much kids (for the most part)

i hear it'll only get better as i age and my generation gets more comfortable with their bodies/stops caring about weird physicalities

this is usually the case along with most parts about human interaction where you decide to cut down the amount of poo poo you'll put up with until you calcify and just watch wheel of fortune

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i mean that in a good way.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
being an adult owns in absolutely zero of the ways i thought it would when i was a kid

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
except for eating an entire sleeve of oreos if you fuckin' feel like it, which thankfully happens far less often than i would have done it at 6

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

mooyashi posted:

being an adult owns in absolutely zero of the ways i thought it would when i was a kid

i honestly dread the days where i dont have work to do

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

20 and 24 is the same age.

Talk to me when ur 37.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
aw mang, i missed the latest iteration of reaganbook :(

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I still find time to stop and appreciate the fact that I no longer have homework to do.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

euphronius posted:

Talk to me when ur 37.

having sex in your early twenties is like smoking you think you like it but you only remember the good ones

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

euphronius posted:

Talk to me when ur 37.

hardly, by 24 youre starting to get that you dont understand very much about anything beyond maybe a distressingly narrow selection of things, at 20 youre still convinced that you know what's what and how to fix the world

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

nutranurse posted:

hardly, by 24 youre starting to get that you dont understand very much about anything beyond maybe a distressingly narrow selection of things, at 20 youre still convinced that you know what's what and how to fix the world

this too

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

30s is a lot like post-college 20s, but with more disposable income.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I think only car rental companies have truly figured out you don't have any idea that you don't know what the gently caress you're doing until you're 25 and even then they push the insurance pretty hard

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
biggest problem i got with being an adult is that it feels like at some point the logical progression of events stops and unless youre one of those people who Knows Precisely What They Want, you can spend years accomplishing nothing and just spinning your wheels

like i guess thats a kind of freedom, in a way, but sometimes it makes me want to seriously call up people i know and be like "hey hi, what the gently caress am i good at exactly?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
posting

• Locked thread