Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Electrophotonic posted:

It actually took me a while before I saw the gorilla face in the ape mech as the eyes aren't very apparent. Once you see the nose in the hood intakes though...

I tried to make it more clear on mine by putting two of the extra little round clear blue pips in, but square pips would probably look better. Looks great next to all my other robots, and I really love how they did the hands and that banana chaingun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I know I've posted this a bunch in the past, but my favorite part about that gorilla is that dark azure they used. It's gorgeous and I wish lego would put out a few sets that are built entirely out of that color so I can build up a supply of the stuff.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Cloks posted:

I have the chance to buy a big bag of 100ish minifigs for 250. It looks to have a fair amount of Harry Potter figures and I saw some Avatar and CMF's as well. Does this sound like a good deal if I keep the few I want and sell the rest?

I think you could make a good return if you sift out the valuable ones. Some of the Harry Potter figs and the Star Wars ones are worth quite a bit. If you make a bricklink account I think you can make a list of what you have, then you can try to sort it by the most valuable ones.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

For instance, this Harry Potter figure goes for $15-20:
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=98518

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Thanks, that seems good to me. I was going to just try and buy the avatar figures but I realized that at the price I would offer it would be a much better idea just to buy it all and flip the rest.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

ElwoodCuse posted:

Target has been clearing out Agents, Movie, and Batman stuff here but it's almost all 15% plus their markup. So Benny's Spaceship was still $94.

What the hell, $6 off?

Benny's S^3 was $80 but I passed because I need to be financially responsible.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

shymog posted:

What the hell, $6 off?

Benny's S^3 was $80 but I passed because I need to be financially responsible.

Target sells it for $109 instead of $99 like the Lego store

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ElwoodCuse posted:

This must be a regional thing because I've always seen it $99.99.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

ElwoodCuse posted:

Ah, not all Targets. I live in the north part of Seattle. Northgate Mall's Target sells it for $109, but any Target not attached to a mall on this side of Seattle sells it for $99.

featurecreep fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 26, 2015

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Things would be a lot easier of my local, backwater Swedish TRU didn't have a single Arkham Asylum in stock still. Anyone have it? The finished set does have a nice front, but it's very shallow. Maybe it's one of those sets that's somehow more than the sum of its parts? The truck at least looks amazing.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
My wife got it for me for my birthday a while back and she was kind of disappointed that it seemed kind of small, as well. I think you have to look at it as a nice display piece more than anything, although it has a couple of play features. It's also pretty fun when combined with various batvehicles or villains from other sets and their arsenal, if you're looking for playability.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
One of my (three) Walmarts had Benny's Spaceship on clearance for $50. They were all sold out of course, but that's an insane price.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My favourite part of that Gorilla mech is the 6-pack. :allears:

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

ChesterJT posted:

One of my (three) Walmarts had Benny's Spaceship on clearance for $50. They were all sold out of course, but that's an insane price.

I nabbed two at that price today :aaaaa:

Also got the TMNT Van and Sub for %50 percent off. I checked half a dozen other Walmarts and found plenty of TMNT but no more Spaceships.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Looking at the Hot Dog minifig on my desk yesterday, it made me realise I want more minifigs like that. A banana suited one would be fantastic!

Edit: :sotw:

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 27, 2015

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
All you Lego Space fans: Hive Creeper is down to $38 on Amazon. It seems like a good purchase for sub-$40.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hive Creeper is up there with Lunar Limo as far as coolest loving sets.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

jeeves posted:

All you Lego Space fans: Hive Creeper is down to $38 on Amazon. It seems like a good purchase for sub-$40.

35 at TRU and also has a 5 dollar off coupon.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21070196&prodFindSrc=search&cp=

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
New Quinjet is on Amazon right now, although it'll be in store Sunday anyway. I almost bought it but just am on the fence since I have the old one, and I haven't seen any reviews of the new one yet.

I did get the Hulkbuster set, everything but the little hulk cage part is great, and it at least has some cool parts (45 degree bracket, Jedi interceptor flaps).

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Saw some new sets at TRU, Hulk Buster armor is 29.99 there, and looks amazing.

Picked up the McLaren P1 from the Speed Champions line. It's soooo cool, just a slick yellow racer. gently caress ton of pieces and stickers for something so small though. Also comes with three cones and a 6X1 with some red and white slopes on it for ? reason.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Anora posted:

Saw some new sets at TRU, Hulk Buster armor is 29.99 there, and looks amazing.

Picked up the McLaren P1 from the Speed Champions line. It's soooo cool, just a slick yellow racer. gently caress ton of pieces and stickers for something so small though. Also comes with three cones and a 6X1 with some red and white slopes on it for ? reason.

I didn't realize the Speed Champions were in the wild yet, time to go spend way too much.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
I find that I don't use some of the bigger bricks anymore. Things like 2x2 and 2x4 bricks just don't look right next to something made from 1x4's, yet I have a ton of these things laying around. Anyone have any nice uses for those?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Thanks for the heads up on the Spaceship x3, found the last one today, the box was all beat up and shoved on the top shelf all the way to the back too, everything was inside too.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Went hunting for Spaceship on clearance and struck out. Did however find the new Hulkbuster set and grabbed that

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Colors! So many colors! Sortable columns, and click the color of a flickr image of sample pieces in that color. And a Color Timeline.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I just found out that Lego is selling human-sized mugs:

Next time I go to a Lego store I'm getting this.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like it, but drinking out of a plastic mug :barf:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

I like it, but drinking out of a plastic mug :barf:

Lol what

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

WalMart had the Secret Police Dropship marked down from $79.97 to $59.00 so I snagged one.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Mugs are for hot drinks. Plastic is not.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Bought the Hulkbuster set (which looks great) but I was kinda bummed to find out that the Hulk figure was missing. Is he supposed to be in his own bag?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

AllisonByProxy posted:

Bought the Hulkbuster set (which looks great) but I was kinda bummed to find out that the Hulk figure was missing. Is he supposed to be in his own bag?

I bought it last night too and yes he is

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

shymog posted:

Mugs are for liquid, regardless of temperature. Those things are awesome. If only they had a classic space logo on them.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Gann Jerrod posted:

I just found out that Lego is selling human-sized mugs:

Next time I go to a Lego store I'm getting this.
Can it peg onto the big storage bricks? It should.

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.

ChesterJT posted:

Mugs are for liquid, regardless of temperature. Those things are awesome. If only they had a classic space logo on them.

BPA and other chemicals can leach into water from plastic containers when the water is hot/boiling.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lego blocks and figures are primarily made of ABS plastic and do not contain any PVC, phthalates and BPA

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

shymog posted:

The plastics that are used to make plastic mugs are, in fact, plastics that are suitable for making plastic mugs out of. It makes sense if you think about it.

Shrike41
Jan 7, 2011
We got a $40 gift card to toy r us. What overpriced set should we buy? We like just about anything.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, been looking at the new Marvel sets and I just realised that every set with Hulk in it is called Something-or-other Smash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Sapper2CRNA posted:

We got a $40 gift card to toy r us. What overpriced set should we buy? We like just about anything.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21070196&prodFindSrc=search&cp=

Just because 50% off + 5 dollar coupon = yay deal. And, it isn't overpriced. So. Yeah.

In other news, I got a Benny's space ship today at walmart. They had it priced at $75, so I thought well crap. But I took it to a scanner and it popped up $49. Yay me.