Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Motherfucker it's set in a world of magic and adventure you ignorant as poo poo

YEAH! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Oh poo poo!!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Greatest "final line of the cold open combined with the title card" ever.

I laughed so loud I scared my dogs.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Brock Samson posted:

I'm so glad I didn't know the episode title beforehand, that was great.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Yeah, I'm glad they still pull out that gag every once and a while because it always gets a chuckle out of me.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Well you would enjoy it more than I would.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

10 minutes in, this episode is fantastic.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Oh man, the Ponderosas. :(

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Ahahahahah mr cocksucker that kid

OOoh poo poo no this kid should not have a...

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I want a cocaine omelette.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Why is Frank always trying to make people look like cats? I love it though.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

:vince:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Hahahaha Charlie's mom. FuckingDYING.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
He was establishing dominance!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Well, that took several dark turns.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Did Catherine Reitman get plastic surgery in real life because if not that was some convincing makeup.

Didn't really get how the ferry crashes factored into everything except to make everybody depressed. Seemed like a pretty random plot point. Great episode overall though

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

speshl guy posted:

Did Catherine Reitman get plastic surgery in real life because if not that was some convincing makeup.

Didn't really get how the ferry crashes factored into everything except to make everybody depressed. Seemed like a pretty random plot point. Great episode overall though

makeup I'm sure. I thought it was pretty convincing when she got the boob implants in the wedding episode too.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Oh, and one more thing! I love you!

:stare:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I remember in way earlier episodes that Dennis used to smoke. When did they stop doing that? Was it only in season 1?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

drunken officeparty posted:

I remember in way earlier episodes that Dennis used to smoke. When did they stop doing that? Was it only in season 1?

He smoked in the road trip episode, which was I think season 3 or 4?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Bill Ponderosa has become probably my favorite non-Gang character on the entire show. Sorry Artemis. Sorry Cricket. Gail The Snail....you need more appearances.

Derv1sh
May 24, 2005

Oh, come on, don’t leave your Uncle Teabag hanging
I enjoyed that episode a lot, it was classic sunny in a number of ways. It was really dark, knowing and more natural than recent episodes where character traits have been exaggerated.

Bit of a patchy season so far but this was one of the highs. Not quite as awesome as tje charlie work one, but anything with a feline ponderosa and mac's dad is fine by me.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Yeah, that episode felt straight out of season 3 or 4 in a good way.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
This episode really spoke to me. It was great.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

speshl guy posted:

I thought for sure Frank was going to say that stealing ferries is what made him so happy.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

I thought for sure Frank was going to say that stealing ferries is what made him so happy.

I thought it was going to be a callback to Thundergun Express when Frank steals the tour boat and tells a bunch of terrified Japanese tourists about banging hooooooooors.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Every time Dee yells anything I'm dying.

"YEAH WELL YOU'RE A FAT SLUT!!"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

He was establishing dominance!

I feel we need to make it clear that's the only reason to ever do that.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The ending was a bit abrupt (what's the deal with episodes being under 20 minutes anyway?) but it was refreshing to see the gang trying to act as a moral center of their surroundings once again. Also nice callback to Moreen's cat sweaters.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I love Bill, him showing up with the tux almost felt like a callback to Lance Barber's character in "The Comeback" which was amusing, I could definitely see old Bill leading a double life.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

The ending was a bit abrupt (what's the deal with episodes being under 20 minutes anyway?) but it was refreshing to see the gang trying to act as a moral center of their surroundings once again. Also nice callback to Moreen's cat sweaters.

Shorter episodes mean more commercials. I read something about a week ago, that some stations were speeding up shows like Seinfeld ~10% to throw in more commercials. I doubt that specifically is the case here however.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

What an amazing episode. Like it was mentioned before, it felt like it was out of season 3 or 4. 3 more episodes left :smith:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i guess it's a mcdonald family tradition to establish dominance

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

steinrokkan posted:

The abrupt wrap-ups have been my main 'complaint' about most of the episodes this season, along with the B-plots occasionally falling flat. Like, if they had more time, I would have liked to see Charlie and Mac screwing up their 'Law and Order' style investigation more.

And man, I wish Mrs. Mac and Bonnie would show up more often. Pairing them up as housemates was one of the best things the show did (in a long list of best things the show's done)

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 27, 2015

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Brock Samson posted:

I laughed so loud I scared my dogs.

Oh God, this.

I mean, I've always loved the "exactly what it says on the tin" aspect of the title cards, and how perfectly they usually seem to match the cold opens. It's such an iconic thing in the show that I'm rarely disappointed. But this one had me laughing so hard I had to actually pause it right there just so I could soak it all in.

The rest of the episode didn't disappoint, either.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

LadyPictureShow posted:

The abrupt wrap-ups have been my main 'complaint' about most of the episodes this season, along with the B-plots occasionally falling flat. Like, if they had more time, I would have liked to see Charlie and Mac screwing up their 'Law and Order' style investigation more.

This is my only "complaint" as well. I feel like each of these episodes should be running at least 25 minutes.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

tarlibone posted:

Oh God, this.

I mean, I've always loved the "exactly what it says on the tin" aspect of the title cards, and how perfectly they usually seem to match the cold opens. It's such an iconic thing in the show that I'm rarely disappointed. But this one had me laughing so hard I had to actually pause it right there just so I could soak it all in.

The rest of the episode didn't disappoint, either.

It ranks up there with "Mac is a Serial Killer" and "Mac bangs Dennis' Mom" as the best cut to title after the cold open.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

pentyne posted:

It ranks up there with "Mac is a Serial Killer" and "Mac bangs Dennis' Mom" as the best cut to title after the cold open.

"Sweet Dee gets audited", "Dennis and Dee go on Welfare" and "Mac and Dennis breakup" are also great cold open>titles.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

"Sweet Dee gets audited", "Dennis and Dee go on Welfare" and "Mac and Dennis breakup" are also great cold open>titles.

"There is no way that I am dating a retarded person."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'd be very happy with a 25-30 minute show. This last one, specifically, needed like five more minutes to really shine. I still loved it regardless, but it could've used another scene or two.