Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.

Fo3 posted:

You've been gone for a while citycop. What'cha been up to?

Working mostly, plus three kids...

I'm planning a shop build in my back yard though, and I hope to start buying some broken cars to flip and sell. You may hear more from me about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

Let the link be free

https://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/4907291468.html

Edit:
Wait... it's also listed in Greensboro, NC?

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/4907084673.html

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
drat. Scam...no surprise

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!
He missed a zero. Syclones in good shape regularly go around 10k~ here.

Edit- Or scam.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Phone number has the right area code. Are scammers getting that good now?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Google voice takes a couple minutes to set up.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Didn't think of that. Makes sense.
When they figure out how to look up accurate prices, we're going to be screwed.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

cursedshitbox posted:

75 thousand dollars and he couldnt be arsed to buy proper vacuum port blockoffs or a clean airfilter.

It would also appear it was the same loving prick that wired my bus.

Look at the 2nd engine pic. Air filter isn't even intact. Also love the random splice in the heater hose, fan held on with through-the-rad-fin zipties, and wires wrapped around the surge tank(?) hose to take up slack. I mean I've done all three of those things in the past, but seventy-five thousand loving dollars.
But something like that done well (or that one specifically, minus a zero and some) would be rad as hell.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Its the wiring that gets me, maybe its my OCD need to have everything look nice and neat but there should not be a tangled mess of wires everywhere on any sort of engine much less some "project" you're selling for $75k. If it looked messy when you bought it and you're restoring it then make a proper wiring harness. It honestly takes all of a few hours to do and the end result doesn't look like rear end.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

What kind of scam is that supposed to be anyways? Are they looking for people carrying cash alone to go look at cars?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Tommychu posted:

Look at the 2nd engine pic. Air filter isn't even intact. Also love the random splice in the heater hose, fan held on with through-the-rad-fin zipties, and wires wrapped around the surge tank(?) hose to take up slack. I mean I've done all three of those things in the past, but seventy-five thousand loving dollars.
But something like that done well (or that one specifically, minus a zero and some) would be rad as hell.

I should build one to show em how to loving do it properly. god drat.

I've owned 500 dollar shitmissles with tidier enginebays than that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SperginMcBadposter posted:

What kind of scam is that supposed to be anyways? Are they looking for people carrying cash alone to go look at cars?

Yeah I'm not sure I get the scam, because anyone looking for a Syclone would be leery about the price begin with.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

kastein posted:

Google voice takes a couple minutes to set up.

Even better: http://www.burnerapp.com/

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat

leica posted:

Yeah I'm not sure I get the scam, because anyone looking for a Syclone would be leery about the price begin with.

Pretty sure it be something like WHOA SO MANY INTERESTED PARTIES, PLEASE PAYPAL ME NOW TO HOLD FOR YOU

and there are plenty of fish idiots in the sea

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

streetlamp posted:

Pretty sure it be something like WHOA SO MANY INTERESTED PARTIES, PLEASE PAYPAL ME NOW TO HOLD FOR YOU

and there are plenty of fish idiots in the sea

That's the ticket. They'll require paypal/wire deposit NOW because there's a ton of offers.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

If you are ever suspicious about whether or not something is a scam, one of the best questions to ask yourself is if they are playing on your greed. Your greed is telling you to continue on through some obstacles and try to get the prize.

Just a few:

... send me a deposit via wire transfer (non traceable)
... send me a check (so I can cash it and disappear)
... Buy some prepaid credit cards and send me the numbers

More advanced:

... I need your bank info (for obvious reasons)
... We are a dealer and need to verify your credit, give me your info (to open accounts in your name)

Wizard level:

... send me a check.. so I can get your routing number / account number and enter it into a check making program I bought at Walmart and make a whole book of checks on your account, and I will change the routing number by one or two digits so they bounce around for a long time before a police report is generated.
... the buyer for your car sends you a deposit via cashiers check and he "accidentally" made it out for too much. He will ask you to pay back the difference. You send the money (and maybe even the car?). (The check is fake and it will take a week or two to bounce, meanwhile your bank is showing the money in your account, but it's not) You loose the car, and the cash you sent that was "extra".

- Cashiers checks have no guarantees or protection.
- When you cash a check from another bank at your bank the money from that check that is shown in your account is a temporary loan until the check actually clears. If it bounces then the bank will take the money back out of your account. The only way around this is to cash the suspect check at the bank at which it is written for cash. The money will be taken out immediately and if there are not funds to cover it then it will be denied. I will gladly take your personal check as payment, but we will do it at your bank and just go ahead and make it out to cash.

Citycop fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Feb 26, 2015

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

mint condition

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

atomicthumbs posted:

mint condition

"rare"

Also lol at "roof rack not included". Unless he's got another 850 that rack is going to be loving worthless to him.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

SNiPER_Magnum posted:

Phone number has the right area code. Are scammers getting that good now?

Yeah thats what got me at first. I tried a reverse google image search, but I didn't see those ads in other cities

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Terrible Robot posted:

"rare"

Also lol at "roof rack not included". Unless he's got another 850 that rack is going to be loving worthless to him.

and it comes with parking tickets!

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute
https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/4903780508.html

Hooooo boy.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's pretty hot. I'd drive it.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://auburn.craigslist.org/cto/4907649381.html

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

If it is a single cab that's a good start to re-enacting the final scene to back to the future at my house... I loved that truck when I saw the movie.

Citycop fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 27, 2015

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Do that generation of towncars have 5 digit odometers or 6 digit? I'm kind of suspicious of a 91 having 77k miles.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i'm fairly sure it's 6. Lots of lincolns live in old people's garages until they die.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That's a great idea, you get all of the style without the lovely reliability and parts made of unobtainium!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Powershift posted:

i'm fairly sure it's 6. Lots of lincolns live in old people's garages until they die.

Okay. I'm just always skeptical of anything that looks like a little old lady situation on craigslist. Even if it is an old-person brand.

Which is weird, because I've never even bought a car off craigslist, so I have no personal experiences to go off of. Just this forum's combined cynicism.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

need money for rent, will trade for race quad, here's a picture of a tree.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Jesus christ how long has it been since Calgary has even had snow? :psyduck:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Do that generation of towncars have 5 digit odometers or 6 digit? I'm kind of suspicious of a 91 having 77k miles.

They're six. Some had digital clusters, some mechanical.

leica posted:

That's a great idea, you get all of the style without the lovely reliability and parts made of unobtainium!

Having owned a TC of that vintage I'd take the rolls for reliability. Replace the door hinges on that pig. :suicide:

heres a hint: take out the loving dash. ALL. OF. IT.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

$4700 for a vehicle with 400k seems a little excessive, even for calgary.

Unless its a slammed rusted out CRX

Anghammarad
Jan 3, 2010

Ruining your domestic car industry since 1968
I need to stop looking for spares in the local scrapyard, they havent got anything that fits. what they do have is:

FRENCH ROCKET SHIP! With Hydraulics! And NOT Running! But with an MOT! ONLY £170! BUY NOW NOW NOW!

Bugger, if i had room in the garage, and my Volvo was running right, i'd be on that like a shot

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Who the hell is Ben Parkes

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

opengl128 posted:

I don't know but someone should get him out of that truck

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

opengl128 posted:

Sounds like that ad was written while either drunk or having a stroke, then run through a phone autocorrect.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

opengl128 posted:

Brother of ranwen parkes.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Raluek posted:

Sounds like that ad was written while either drunk or having a stroke, then run through a phone autocorrect.

Judging from the fact the listing is in Alabama, I'm going to go with 'illiterate hillbilly'.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Clearly an autocorrect for a guy who has a Ben Parkes in his phonebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Bovril Delight posted:

Clearly an autocorrect for a guy who has a Ben Parkes in his phonebook

...and a Trans Fer?