Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Haruharuharuko posted:

Never trade in Nintendo games man. Everything else gets reprints and more but unless its a best seller reprint once its gone its gone.

Somehow Dream Drop Distance is also an expensive game now being out of print. That game was horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

eightysixed posted:

I regret trading mine in. I'm such a monster :(
lol I sold my copy on samart for like $15 I think months ago because I needed money

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
i rebought OoT from my friend for $20 :slick:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

flyboi posted:

Somehow Dream Drop Distance is also an expensive game now being out of print. That game was horrible.

I just beat it and thought it was decent :shrug:

I mean it's Kingdom Hearts anime bullshit and it's not as good as Birth By Sleep but I liked it well enough

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

flyboi posted:

It's not hard to find a used copy of it right now, my Gamestop has like ten copies whereas they have zero copies of OoT and the last time they did have a copy it was $50 used :wtc:

e: for more proof of the Nintendo Theory though, none of the Mario 3DS games have ever gone down in price, I used a $5 off coupon to get Mario 3D Land for $21 which is about as cheap as I could find it.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

precision posted:

It's not hard to find a used copy of it right now, my Gamestop has like ten copies whereas they have zero copies of OoT and the last time they did have a copy it was $50 used :wtc:

Hell gamestop has a bunch of "used" Metroid Prime Trilogy for like $55. gently caress them.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

flyboi posted:

Is it? I can find it online for $40. Would love to sell my copy at a profit! I just couldn't get into it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I never knew Nintendo regularly had stuff go oop. I knew about the Prime Trilogy but that game sold really poorly as far as I know. Wish I hadn't sold my Ocarina now. drat. I was just thinking about re buying and figured it would be cheap.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah I'm gonna buy Majora's Mask mostly to be able to sell it later.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you should buy Majora's Mask mostly to play one of Link's finest crafted adventures

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cake Attack posted:

you should buy Majora's Mask mostly to play one of Link's finest crafted adventures

It's a win-win, really

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
i'm kind of disappointed that we didn't get a special foil cover for MM like we did for OoT and ALBW

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

strap on revenge posted:

i'm kind of disappointed that we didn't get a special foil cover for MM like we did for OoT and ALBW

Just a special foil n3DSXL instead :smuggo:. I agree though, it would've been nice to have a foil purple cover for it to make them match.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides

goferchan posted:

Is it? I can find it online for $40. Would love to sell my copy at a profit! I just couldn't get into it

I bought a copy new at Fred Meyer last week and they had 10 on the shelf for $30 so I doubt there's much demand.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I'm retarded and didn't pre-order the majora's mask system and am currently hoping to find one in an obscure store since that happens here sometimes. I remember finding copies of the metroid prime trilogy for over a year after it came out. But anyway I was just curious, is the ~NEW~ 3DS still region locked?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nuebot posted:

So I'm retarded and didn't pre-order the majora's mask system and am currently hoping to find one in an obscure store since that happens here sometimes. I remember finding copies of the metroid prime trilogy for over a year after it came out. But anyway I was just curious, is the ~NEW~ 3DS still region locked?

Yes. Just be aware you're up against every other nerd who has far more free time and less common sense than you do.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Just out of curiosity does that go both ways. Meaning can a Japanese system not play American games either? Because I've found a cheap seller for the JP system.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nuebot posted:

Just out of curiosity does that go both ways. Meaning can a Japanese system not play American games either? Because I've found a cheap seller for the JP system.

Yes, it goes both ways so no you can't use a JP system to play US games.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Well hopefully I luck out then. No amount of stupid fanboyism can convince me to pay 4x the price of the system for it. I skipped the link between worlds XL and I'll skip this one too if I have to :smith:.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Nuebot posted:

Well hopefully I luck out then. No amount of stupid fanboyism can convince me to pay 4x the price of the system for it. I skipped the link between worlds XL and I'll skip this one too if I have to :smith:.

if all else fails, you can make your DS super pretty with a decal from decalgirl.com, or be like my wife and order car decals off amazon and slap 'em on there.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nuebot posted:

You aren't retarded. The preorders were gone within an hour or two of availability.

But...prices are dropping because people aren't idiots and paying a ton extra for some paint. If you are patient you should be able to get one for $300 or so. IF you are patient.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

My current DS is the OoT one. So it still looks super rad. I still have the Phantom Hourglass DS Lite (or was it a DSi?) too. I pretty much only skipped the LBW XL because a size increase didn't justify the price to me and I had more important things to spend money on.

Waltzing Along posted:

You aren't retarded. The preorders were gone within an hour or two of availability.

But...prices are dropping because people aren't idiots and paying a ton extra for some paint. If you are patient you should be able to get one for $300 or so. IF you are patient.

$250 or bust. Unless it has free shipping. I live on an island, shipping is out the rear end even for something small.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nuebot posted:

My current DS is the OoT one. So it still looks super rad. I still have the Phantom Hourglass DS Lite (or was it a DSi?) too. I pretty much only skipped the LBW XL because a size increase didn't justify the price to me and I had more important things to spend money on.

$250 or bust. Unless it has free shipping. I live on an island, shipping is out the rear end even for something small.

You will be able to get a used one for $250 eventually. Cheaper, actually.

But if you want one soon, $250 gonna be tricky.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
special edition 3DS's are for people who spend more time looking at them than playing them :colbert:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
^^^exactly

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

precision posted:

special edition 3DS's are for people who spend more time looking at them than playing them :colbert:

I want to shove it in people's faces how cool and sexy much of a horrible nerd I am. Also I just like Zelda a lot, and actually think the OoT one looks cooler which is why I'm not actually too broken up about the MM DS. I'm more disappointed in the whole new DS thing in general really. It just seems so pointless of a difference.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nuebot posted:

It just seems so pointless of a difference.

It's a huge difference.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nuebot posted:

I want to shove it in people's faces how cool and sexy much of a horrible nerd I am. Also I just like Zelda a lot, and actually think the OoT one looks cooler which is why I'm not actually too broken up about the MM DS. I'm more disappointed in the whole new DS thing in general really. It just seems so pointless of a difference.

It's muuuch better than the original. Granted nothing's taking advantage of the extra processing power yet aside from Xenoblade, but the super-stable 3D is a massive improvement.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Nu3DS is amazing and the only thing not-amazing about it is that they might not make a lot of "exclusives" for it because of fracturing the playerbase or whatever.

I upgraded from a 2DS though, I'm not sure how psyched I'd be to immediately trade up from a regular 3DS to a New. Unless I'd never played Xenoblade because that is easily worth owning a nu3DS by itself.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, you're right on reflection. I think I mean more, that it feels like there have been a billion 3DSes even though there haven't. I'm pretty sure there are still less 3DS models than GBA models. It just feels like the 3DS has been forever and I wasn't a fan of the touch screen in the beginning and more and more it just feels either redundant or annoying in most games. Basically I wish they'd just make a new system already.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There were a truly stupid number of GBA models, including the unusably small GBA Micro, which is even more weird because it came out after the SP, was not that much smaller, and the SP was basically perfect.

e: I mean wow look how much room you saved!

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
When I was in high school a kid bought a micro to play pokemon in class without getting caught. It worked surprisingly well. vOv

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

But do you have both versions of the GBA SP?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone that says Chrono Trigger was a bad game is an rear end in a top hat and should go wander into traffic.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah I can't imagine anyone ever wanting one of these:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I just setup Spillpass on my spare Raspberry Pi that i have after upgrading one of them to the new model and now my green notification light is pretty much lit 24/7

I don't have enough time in the day to get rid of them all. I think in the last hour I have had more hits than in the last two years.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yeah I can't imagine anyone ever wanting one of these:

YO!

I will say the maroon of the famicom is the same color of the maroon of the new 3ds xl.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Where does the cart go?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Where does the cart go?

Battery on it lasts FOREVER after I replaced it with a "new" one. Played through FF1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 on it in roughly 2-3 charges per game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The GBA Micro looks like a cheap Chinese knock-off to me :shrug: