Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Unperson_47 posted:

Is that dude's chain mail shark glove just overloading that shark's Ampullae of Lorenzini or something? That fish is tripping something fierce. :sharkdrugs:

Or maybe it's just frightened out of its mind. "Oh god, oh god, oh god, maybe if I'm really still, this sea creature with metal hands will leave me alone."

maybe it just enjoys being petted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Unperson_47 posted:

Is that dude's chain mail shark glove just overloading that shark's Ampullae of Lorenzini or something? That fish is tripping something fierce. :sharkdrugs:

Or maybe it's just frightened out of its mind. "Oh god, oh god, oh god, maybe if I'm really still, this sea creature with metal hands will leave me alone."

Well looky here, boys, we got ourselves a shark doctor

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Yeah I had no problem hearing it

I also had no trouble hearing it, but someone in this thread or some other said that this youtube was an edited one taken from vimeo so maybe some of the levels were lost in translation. I may be totally wrong and an idiot though.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Zzulu posted:

maybe it just enjoys being petted

Isn't that a porbeagle, they are pretty much sharkdogs

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
The GIF Thread: Audiophiles here please

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

ElGroucho posted:

The GIF Thread: Audiophiles here pleaseDeaf People Complaining

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

ElGroucho posted:

The GIF Thread: Angry PowerRangers fans not posting GIFs

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Unperson_47 posted:

Most sharks use ram ventilation for breathing, depending on constantly moving in order to not suffocate. So it might just be dying :3:

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
That was from the Cosmos reboot right?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Because there is no such movie?

It's a 15 minute nerd homage, I can forgive them not having the best sound work

It sounded ok to me.

I mean yeah, its an homage, but its also people showing off direction and production and special effects and acting sword fighting.

They might not make profit from it, but it generates buzz and could help with their careers.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

achillesforever6 posted:

I think it is actually Obama's personal memoirs.

codespace
May 3, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

Most sharks use ram ventilation for breathing, depending on constantly moving in order to not suffocate. So it might just be dying :3:

Only about a dozen of the 400 described species of sharks use ram ventilation exclusively. Most sharks can switch between buccal pumping and ram ventilation.

:goonsay:

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Yes. I really loves the little animations in it.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Count Roland posted:

It sounded ok to me.

I mean yeah, its an homage, but its also people showing off direction and production and special effects and acting sword fighting.

They might not make profit from it, but it generates buzz and could help with their careers.

Well yeah it's a great demonstration of effects and cinematography, which is what I think matters. Sound stuff probably wasn't all that interesting to the guy. I'm just saying, even if mucho mulla was spent on this, it's still not a commercially sold or produced movie, I'm willing to give it some slack on its weaker elements in a way I wouldn't to something like American Sniper's plastic baby.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

E:

Jobbo_Fett has a new favorite as of 20:55 on Feb 25, 2015

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Unperson_47 posted:

That shark knows what happens when Jean-Jacques Poutain, the Rapist of the Sea, starts stroking your nose.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

Twilight zone or Outer limits?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Dsmif posted:

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe9Fs10IIk0

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
All the ambient noise, sound effects, and music was drowning out all the dialogue for me. I could not hear what anybody was saying, so whatever plot they were trying to present in that video was completely lost on me. That was my problem with the video. Without sound, it looks nice and all, but you certainly don't get a whole lot of "Power Rangers" vibe from it except for the one scene with a Power Ranger in it, so something is lost.

I watched it with headphones, if that makes a difference.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Dsmif posted:

It's the Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, you plebian cur!

e:fb

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Jamesman posted:

All the ambient noise, sound effects, and music was drowning out all the dialogue for me. I could not hear what anybody was saying, so whatever plot they were trying to present in that video was completely lost on me. That was my problem with the video. Without sound, it looks nice and all, but you certainly don't get a whole lot of "Power Rangers" vibe from it except for the one scene with a Power Ranger in it, so something is lost.

I watched it with headphones, if that makes a difference.

So did I. I had no problem hearing anything that they were saying. :shrug:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

codespace posted:

Only about a dozen of the 400 described species of sharks use ram ventilation exclusively. Most sharks can switch between buccal pumping and ram ventilation.

:goonsay:

To be honest I only briefly googled this because I had no idea if shark not moving = death was actually true. Both buccal pumping and ram ventilation sound totally badass though so gently caress yeah, sharks.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/SPtGFtS.gif

Revenge Of The Ninja

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Kheldarn posted:

Revenge Of The Ninja

This dude made some poor life choices. The look on his face when he realizes how badly he hosed up...

Exquisite.

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Australian news is one of a kind. :allears:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

So who is the winner here?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

ultrabindu posted:

So who is the winner here?

Denny's apparently. Like really follow them on tumblr that poo poo is crazy. It's like Terry Giliam is in charge of their tumblr.

Barry Bluejorts
Jun 30, 2013

Now please touch your finger to the tip of your nose.
Pillbug

Haruharuharuko posted:

Denny's apparently. Like really follow them on tumblr that poo poo is crazy. It's like Terry Giliam is in charge of their tumblr.

Hot drat, you aren't kidding. This is all very similar to Flying Circus. https://blog.dennys.com

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I've been enjoying me some Star Trek movies on Netflix.

Here's some phaser shots.

Zappo

Pchoo

Zorp

Uh, pew pew? Not a ton of ray beam action in The Voyage Home.

Anyone got any Trek gif requests?

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Anyone got any Trek gif requests?

Not from the movies, but does anyone have the TNG gif of when they accidentally had their guns on the "skeletonize and explode" setting? First season I think.