Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

What is Five Below?

Five Below is a store that sells anything from $1 to $5(plus tax)

They regularly get overstock items and a ton of real weird odds and ends. The ones near me get in anime figurines once in a blue moon and gashapon vending machine figurines.

But I've also picked up Legends, Scouts, and Deluxes from Five below. The stores themselves are always well lit and look like a trapper keeper from the 90's exploded all over the place because all the isles are some sort of Day-Glo color.

You can also get all types of candy, like stuff you had no idea that existed. Banana Kitkats, and candy that I can't even read because it's not in english. There's also a huge shelf full of novelty themed metal lunch boxes.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo. One just had it's grand opening 1/4 mile from my store.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

The_Doctor posted:

Guys guys guys. We can't play with Transformers any more.

http://www.petitions24.com/stop_hasbro_from_corrupting_kids_with_toys

Oh man, the comments on this petition are hilarious.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
The Five Below in my area just had scores of AoE Power Battlers & Dino Sparkers :(

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If one of you finds an extra Arcee grab me one, I will reward you.

Anora fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 25, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Likewise.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Louisiana doesn't have a 5 Below, so, yeah, me too.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Before I forget: I found this at Wal-mart for under $10. Total partsformer (it's a model kit, so you put everything together, including making the gear box), but I'd love to see Hasbro do some crazy stuff like this. It's half solar, half battery powered, and comes with another battery you can plug into the solar or AAA battery port to charge, then use. So three ways to motorize it, 7 modes, poo poo tons of stickers, and pretty solid plastic (like Generations quality plastic). I kind of love to stupid little thing.

That said the "lunar robot" mode kind of has the gear box hang in a way that makes it look like it has giant testicles. I almost want to paint it like a Tanooki.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Well, the combiner wars came and went at my local Target. They were there last week and I snagged a couple, and now they're all gone.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

It looks like all the stores in my area that got any Combiner Wars got exactly one case.

And even then it was only one Wal Mart and one TRU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

A ton of deluxes just dropped on every store in my area.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Local TRU had two sets of limbs on Monday. Nearby WM had six CW Primes last night.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The_Doctor posted:

Louisiana doesn't have a 5 Below, so, yeah, me too.

Since when are you based in Louisiana, or indeed on that side of the ocean at all?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DoctorWhat posted:

Since when are you based in Louisiana, or indeed on that side of the ocean at all?

I used to live there, (went to LSU for school), and I go back when I can to see my friends. In this case, I will be there from March 5th to 11th for a wedding.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
We had CW blow through a couple weeks ago, where I grabbed everything for a Superion but Powerglide in one TRU visit. They're hitting the Walmarts now*. I've got the Stunticon wave of deluxes on preorder, but I'm going to have to depend on local stores for Motormaster since BBTS sold out, unless Strangehamster wants to sell me one.

Like gently caress I ever saw Chromia and Arcee, or even Brainstorm. I mean I get that they were at the end of a line that was sporadic at best to everyone except nerds and scalpers, with a Big New Thing shipping right after them, but for crying out loud. I guess I'm glad I preordered those.

*Target is pulling out of Canada with its tail behind its legs. gently caress along, boys, and bring back Woodwards while you're at it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I am almost out of room on my third classics shelf. Superion took up more room than expected.

I need to go to home depot to make a 4th big huge shelf so that I can have room for both Megatrons, Defensor and Menasor.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

For those that didn't want to spend any money on Empire of Stone, have this summary:

It's pretty accurate.

Iced Cocoa fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 26, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah, those comics rule, but Empire of Stone was actually pretty good. I mean you're not going to get a story as good as MTMTE or not-RID out of Shane, but it was solid and much better than the -cracy turds. Grit, Ratchet and Drift were all pretty fun.

I hope butt attachment fake Knock Out isn't dead, though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

My Motormaster and Legends series are already ready to ship, but I'm waiting for the limbs before I get it sent to me. I like them since they don't charge until things are ready to ship and you can cancel at any time. If TFSource did that, I wouldn't have this 3P FoC Onslaught set.

Anyone want a 3P FoC Onslaught? I got it on the preorder so it has the G2 or whatever bits, as well.

To quote from way back, you do mean the Microblaze set right?

Theoretically, how much would you want out of it?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
So, what's everybody voting for on the newest round of Combiner Wars questions?

If you didn't vote for a Devastator hating independent female team that's named Slammoth then I don't want to talk to you!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Sorry, but female leader Victorion hates Menasor more than anything else.

The other nemesis option is Galvatronus, whose art seems to be new. He has two Stunticons and two Aerialbots as limbs, with glowing energy around the extremities. I wonder if Galvatronus is going to have some kind of Dead Universe ability to usurp combiner limbs rather than having limbs of his own.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Re: the new MTMTE preview

It's kind of weird seeing Megatron majorly freak out like that but I love the way Magnus just shuts him down then they kind of bond over their disdain for their Rodimus Stars. Interesting too that the gang have seemingly already nailed Brainstorm by page 3, can't wait to see what the rest of the story is about.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Keldroc posted:

Sorry, but female leader Victorion hates Menasor more than anything else.

The other nemesis option is Galvatronus, whose art seems to be new. He has two Stunticons and two Aerialbots as limbs, with glowing energy around the extremities. I wonder if Galvatronus is going to have some kind of Dead Universe ability to usurp combiner limbs rather than having limbs of his own.

Hey Victorion pal :c00l::hf::c00l:

The way I see it, Galvatron's just so goddamn insane he grabs any robot and pummels him into some limb shape. Even guys who aren't supposed to turn into one.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Blackheart, you're thinking '86 cartoon Galvatron. Right now, IDW Galvatron is like the not-crazy, Starscream-executing Galvatron from TFTM, with large chunks of Conan the Barbarian.

I mean, he'll still pummel a guy into being a leg, but because CURSE YOU, DECADENT LOWLANDER, not because he's so crazy he could drive a whole planet mad

e: I also wound up with Independant Female Slammoth. I mean, come on. Slammoth.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Phy posted:

Blackheart, you're thinking '86 cartoon Galvatron. Right now, IDW Galvatron is like the not-crazy, Starscream-executing Galvatron from TFTM, with large chunks of Conan the Barbarian.

I mean, he'll still pummel a guy into being a leg, but because CURSE YOU, DECADENT LOWLANDER, not because he's so crazy he could drive a whole planet mad

e: I also wound up with Independant Female Slammoth. I mean, come on. Slammoth.

Slammoth is a great name. For a beast combiner.

So I somehow missed the first vote for Windblade and decided to read up on how that was done. It seems like there wasn't an inkling to what she'd look like until it was over with and they showed off her design. Wonder if it's possible that this combiner team will be all new molds and not just remolds.

... also I expect it to be female in the end because that seems to be what a lot of people say they're voting. :v:

fake edit: So, anybody get Motormaster from BBTS yet?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Zaa Boogie posted:

Slammoth is a great name. For a beast combiner.

[sic]

... also I expect it to be female in the end because that seems to be what a lot of people say they're voting. :v:

Sitting on the Pile. I'm waiting on the Menasor limbs.

Slammoth would be great as a remold of the Seacon/Predacons. I hope she's a ladybot as well. As it is, Victoria(on) is a good name, as is Galvatron as a nemesis.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Sentinel Red posted:

Re: the new MTMTE preview

It's kind of weird seeing Megatron majorly freak out like that but I love the way Magnus just shuts him down then they kind of bond over their disdain for their Rodimus Stars. Interesting too that the gang have seemingly already nailed Brainstorm by page 3, can't wait to see what the rest of the story is about.

His spark looks slightly greener in the preview too. Makes me wonder if last issue was just a coloring mistake. Or maybe Brainstorm already switched them?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Zaa Boogie posted:

Mine should be getting here today.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Mine should be getting here today.

Yeah, I'm getting kind of sad I cancelled my BBTS preorders to try out Entertainment Earth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got my first box from Sirtoys today with my KO Hercules and Aerialbots.

The Aerialbot KOs are big.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 26, 2015

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I got my first box from Sirtoys today with my KO Hercules and Aerialbots.

The Aerialbot KOs are big.

So what's the quality like on those things?

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUz5dcKmOM

Video popped up showing off Long Haul from the Devastator set. Looks like he does totally have knees.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 26, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They are 100% cheap Chinese plastic. They feel kind of flimsy and I could probably crush them with my bare hands. But for $10 I can't complain. very poseable, a few floppy joints. I'm probably gonna follow up what everyone else buying them is doing and give them a few details with a Gundam pen. I really hope this KO company does the other two limbs and Silverbolt. A combiner on this scale for $60 would be crazy awesome.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

To quote from way back, you do mean the Microblaze set right?

Theoretically, how much would you want out of it?
That's the one and, I dunno, $100 shipped?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Zaa Boogie posted:

So what's the quality like on those things?

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUz5dcKmOM

Video popped up showing off Long Haul from the Devastator set. Looks like he does totally have knees.

For some reason missile pod hand at the end just sold me on Devy.

Those were some brutally nice ratchets on Long Haul.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well just got my big box' of bots!. Just unpackaged Motormaster, he's glorious. I love his fart-smelling face.

Now for Silverbolt and his aerialbots plus Dragstrip.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

That's the one and, I dunno, $100 shipped?

I'd be down for that. You still got the box and everything? Did you still have that Waspinator comic? (was that you?)

Got this clown in the mail too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

Got this clown in the mail too.

Is he super duper lovely

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Single bot modes suck. Hands suck. Head doesn't peg in. But for $60 and eventually some paint and stickers he'll make a great display piece.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Joints aren't lovely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

Joints aren't lovely?

Hips are loose but not horrible. Elbows do the job. Shoulders peg in, you have to pop them out to reposition them. Wrists have no articulation but you can repeg them to change position. Like I said, for $60 it'll do the job. I've read that the V1 KO has better joints and an articulated crane, tempted to snag one and combine the two.