Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I have returned...again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Verdict on the new Kampfer

It is a worse version of the Unit 5

Less armor, less boost, no weak point shooter, about the same speed, no shield, worse homing, same time, and less load cap. Gold gets a sturmfaust with 3 shots.

Yay?

The Dom: fires a pitifully 8 missiles. GG no re.

:laugh:

gold gets a faust if you care. But its a dom...

E:
Video of the suits prepare to be underwhelmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHmfC3kXBEU

E:
HOw the suit was actually envisioned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RfMbezjKCU

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 25, 2015

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Verdict on the new Kampfer

It is a worse version of the Unit 5

Less armor, less boost, no weak point shooter, about the same speed, no shield, worse homing, same time, and less load cap. Gold gets a sturmfaust with 3 shots.

Yay?

The Dom: fires a pitifully 8 missiles. GG no re.

:laugh:

gold gets a faust if you care. But its a dom...

E:
Video of the suits prepare to be underwhelmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHmfC3kXBEU

E:
HOw the suit was actually envisioned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RfMbezjKCU

Sigh... It all makes me sad. If our Doms had that kind of mobility, we'd be unstoppable.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

CassiusW posted:

Sigh... It all makes me sad. If our Doms had that kind of mobility, we'd be unstoppable.

yeah the mobility they're supposed to have would be nice.

Also it gets a flash beam instead of the chest cannon its supposed to have :v:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mandozer reapped

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

Best new suit of the 3 is the Norris Zaku I, finally we have a boxing zaku... also it's a mirror of the White Dingo GM stat and equipment wise, so everyone can pick up a cheap shotgun M grunt with spray shooter 3-5. Good value for 260 cost.

E: Got you back dozer.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

Best new suit of the 3 is the Norris Zaku I, finally we have a boxing zaku... also it's a mirror of the White Dingo GM stat and equipment wise, so everyone can pick up a cheap shotgun M grunt with spray shooter 3-5. Good value for 260 cost.

E: Got you back dozer.

cann the 2 F S go into space?

Cause i've seen feddies flying around with charge beam bazooka units and sturmfausts in space...

Orv
May 4, 2011
This game has been haunting me since I played it for about three weeks a year ago, gonna give it another try and either excise it or destroy myself.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Orv posted:

This game has been haunting me since I played it for about three weeks a year ago, gonna give it another try and either excise it or destroy myself.

Shoot them all shoot them all shoot them all!

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Al Borland posted:

cann the 2 F S go into space?

Cause i've seen feddies flying around with charge beam bazooka units and sturmfausts in space...

2FS zaku? they should be able to

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zeirnaton posted:

2FS zaku? they should be able to

christ the unit they get is a charge beam bazooka and sturmfaust in space ...

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Al Borland posted:

christ the unit they get is a charge beam bazooka and sturmfaust in space ...

I'm lost

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

We have the J2 the F2 etc we really didnt have many common place units that have a charge zook as a grunt and get a sturmfaust that can go in space.

Best i've found is the rick dom 2

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Al Borland posted:

We have the J2 the F2 etc we really didnt have many common place units that have a charge zook as a grunt and get a sturmfaust that can go in space.

Best i've found is the rick dom 2

It's an exact mirror suit. Exact same hitbox/weapons/stats.

Feddy Zaku 2F2 is the exact same Zaku 2F2 thats been around the Zeon EX for a year and a half. I feel bad for the Zeon newcomers that don't have one of these, incredible value for 260 cost.

I think you made a rocket shooter one awhile back when we played in the tournament, the suit was and still is one of the best EX suits.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

It's an exact mirror suit. Exact same hitbox/weapons/stats.

Feddy Zaku 2F2 is the exact same Zaku 2F2 thats been around the Zeon EX for a year and a half. I feel bad for the Zeon newcomers that don't have one of these, incredible value for 260 cost.

I think you made a rocket shooter one awhile back when we played in the tournament, the suit was and still is one of the best EX suits.

I'll have to look again i got a bunch of gold ones now.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
60 DX tickets into The new DX wanted the paizun it flows well with my heavy deck.

GOt a gold rocket traited one and sadly a gold kampfer that is shotgun traited... Probably the worst of the worst for traits.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Really wishing i had range trait on thsi kampfer its actually reallly really reallly cool. The machine gun that is.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Congrats on grabbing the best trait on the Dwadge.

I think the optimal weapon set for this suit is the 10k bazooka F(The non-charged one), 420mm 8 rocket pod N, and Sturm F. Beam bazooka and missiles are nice for mid range, but this suit shines up close vs the enemy and has the stats to pull it off.

It can have a loadout where Rocket shooter can apply to all 3 weapons, and it can equip at least 2 of them which will guarantee a knockdown. Assuming max damage customize (Feddies deserve no less) The strongest combo is probably something like

Close the distance then open with:

Bazooka F(1210 damage) or Sturm F (1573 damage) either will knockdown even a grounded opponent

then finish them off with the Rocket pod volley for 1258 damage. The burst damage and splash is just nuts. This thing is seriously king of jaburo/texas tunnels with this loadout in my opinion.

I wouldn't run charge beam bazooka F on this setup since its only 998 damage on a direct hit (won't knockdown grounded enemies), though it is better in a prolonged shootout since it has good bullet speed and ammo.

RE Protokampfer, yeah you got the worst trait. If the suit had the load cap to pull off a loadout like heavy machine gun, shotgun M, 10k bazooka F without having poo poo balance it would be nuts.

But really you can only bring 2 of the 3 nice weapons on this suit... and there's no point going shotgun M + 10k bazooka since you may as well play the actual kampfer then...I guess going heavy machine gun and shotgun M only will make you a beast vs single target. But you wouldn't have much sway vs groups of enemies like the Pezun does.

Getting rocket shooter/range then running 10k bazooka and heavy machine gun would have been really nice though.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

Congrats on grabbing the best trait on the Dwadge.
This thing is seriously king of jaburo/texas tunnels with this loadout in my opinion.

I wouldn't run charge beam bazooka F on this setup since its only 998 damage on a direct hit (won't knockdown grounded enemies), though it is better in a prolonged shootout since it has good bullet speed and ammo.

Spoilers:

The rockets are cute at best not enough damage. Only useful for finishing things off.
I've tried jaburo a few times with it. Eh...

Rockets don't impress me. Maybe lvl 5 it'll be something.

And yea the shotgun is a joke on that kampfer. Not to mention ti doesnt have the armor to deal in a fight.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Anyway you can turn on full screen? I seem to be in windowed mode.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

SeanBeansShako posted:

Anyway you can turn on full screen? I seem to be in windowed mode.

As far as I know, only if you set the resolution to be the highest possible setting for your monitor:

Options third tab

Doesn't seem to go full screen if you're using a multiple monitor setup though because :japan:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

As far as I know, only if you set the resolution to be the highest possible setting for your monitor:

Options third tab

Doesn't seem to go full screen if you're using a multiple monitor setup though because :japan:

its amazing they don't understand multiple monitors to this day.

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

"My life was just like running in the darkness with only light of moon. I was just moving forward according with what I believe is right in Sengoku."
I like how Bandai promotes base ratting with all their promotion requirements.

Anyways, not sure if it is worth holding Admiral rank when you need to average 500 points every game. Kind of just want Admiral for the sake of achieving it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

LynetteHimeko posted:

I like how Bandai promotes base ratting with all their promotion requirements.

Anyways, not sure if it is worth holding Admiral rank when you need to average 500 points every game. Kind of just want Admiral for the sake of achieving it.

i held it for a week you get nothing not even like a DX ticket for reaching top rank.

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

"My life was just like running in the darkness with only light of moon. I was just moving forward according with what I believe is right in Sengoku."

Al Borland posted:

i held it for a week you get nothing not even like a DX ticket for reaching top rank.

I guess the rank is only there to stroke egos for elitist clans then haha.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
New EX next war:

White Dingo GM Cannon and Zaku II S Heavy equipment.

I hope the gold Zaku F2 appears as a side suit for Zeon since it hasn't made an appearance for players since the 0083 update.

Also, you can set suits as favourites:

As well as buffs for lesser used modules(Damage mitigation, bonus balance vs stagger/fall, etc). Makes it easier to build against weapons that stagger/knockdown.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Amazingly bad suits for us this time around

The Zaku IIS is garbage gets a medea and a bazooka maybe a shotgun.

A silver gelgoog of some kind nothing fancy or good. And a prototype zaku.

:rolleyes: DX is the only prize.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Also new changes to the DX.

Bandai felt so bad for us they made it you get 1 dx ticket per loss even if you do well and 5x per win.

They really wanna let us know they donn't have a federation bias.

LynetteHimeko
Dec 30, 2014

Al Borland posted:

Also new changes to the DX.

Bandai felt so bad for us they made it you get 1 dx ticket per loss even if you do well and 5x per win.

They really wanna let us know they donn't have a federation bias.

loving Bandai... Can't even play well anymore to get a decent amount of EX tickets.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
still just waiting to see how they handle the series changing into weird poo poo

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

LynetteHimeko posted:

loving Bandai... Can't even play well anymore to get a decent amount of EX tickets.

it definitely was the worst decision yet.

My feddie is now a few games away from gold at rank 18. I can only run 3 suits but I average like 400 points a game. Really feel over powered.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
So I decided to make a point today.

I took my bronze tier feddie rank 18 and took him all the way to Gold tier in a day.

I did it with 3 units cause thats all my deck could field.

A gold alex, a silver alex, and some 60s grunt unit.

I was averaging anywhere from 200-600 points a game. I'm stating this again cause I can't believe how loving easy fed side is. Like christ Bandai doesn't know how to do balance.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Since I'm tearing through F2P MMOs to try and scratch an intangible itch and I loving love Gundam I'm thinking of trying this out. Are there any good sniping MS?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Blockhouse posted:

Since I'm tearing through F2P MMOs to try and scratch an intangible itch and I loving love Gundam I'm thinking of trying this out. Are there any good sniping MS?

:negative:

yes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
excellent

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

no... no its not...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So I think I've done everything that the OP says, but when I try to log on, I get a white flash and it just boots me back to the log-in screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Blockhouse posted:

So I think I've done everything that the OP says, but when I try to log on, I get a white flash and it just boots me back to the log-in screen.

no text? If theres text printscreen it for me and link it.

• Locked thread