Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

messagemode1 posted:

"That feel when" you successfully complete a Lost run, unlocking an item, and flip back to the character screen and realize you had accidentally selected Normal.

I did boss rush with him once that way. I was not pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Hahaha so I finally got a Suicide King run where I was able to buy Magic Fingers in Caves 1. Then got three guppy items immediately after. It bears repeating: when the game wants you to win, it really wants you to win.

Now to do Solar System. Whee.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

messagemode1 posted:

"That feel when" you successfully complete a Lost run, unlocking an item, and flip back to the character screen and realize you had accidentally selected Normal.

First thing I do on any run is check for the pentagram for this reason. goondolences.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I like using guppy's hairball. This is my terrible confession. Cat got your tongue was actually not awful for me because I had enjoyed swinging the hairball at things on previous runs and kinda sorta had a grasp of how its physics worked.

Idk there's just something satisfying about watching it spin. I think this might just be a sign of me being really easy to please w/r/t my entertainment.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

messagemode1 posted:

We need an Isaac version of :xcom: with edmund's face.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
When you get a gamebreaking run after 2 floors (Guppy, Brimstone) on your first game on a save and have to stop after The Depths :xcom:

Well, I guess

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nah, playing as The Lost, getting to ???, getting to oneshot range and having him teleport on top of you. :sigh:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I unlocked godhead, got sharp plug, ipecac, pyromaniac, d6, joker card, then saw Isaac's heart and decided to pick it up.

gently caress.

Is there a less bullshit way of getting godhead?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Unfortunately, no. But here's a tip to help avoid wasting time. If you find Sacred Heart in an Angel Room, restart because it's impossible to get both that and Godhead in the same run. (Unless you get really lucky with an Eden start.)

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

Unfortunately, no. But here's a tip to help avoid wasting time. If you find Sacred Heart in an Angel Room, restart because it's impossible to get both that and Godhead in the same run. (Unless you get really lucky with an Eden start.)

Completely untrue. I've gotten both, it's just really rare due to how the game calculates Special Items. Also it's about as amazing as you'd expect :v:

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Does anyone have any idea why the game would run fine on a pretty standard laptop, runs fine on my desktop fullscreen (4690k, 7970), but when I try to play windowed on my desktop I see massive slowdown periodically?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MrL_JaKiri posted:

When you get a gamebreaking run after 2 floors (Guppy, Brimstone) on your first game on a save and have to stop after The Depths :xcom:

Well, I guess

I got a level 4 Bandage Girl one Time!

...it was on a challenge run so I didn't get the achievement.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'd like to have a run with Tech 1, Tech 2, and Tech .5 all at once

Tech Savy is the challenge for that.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

Tech Savy is the challenge for that.

Given that's the run that unlocks tech.5, it really isn't.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

Completely untrue. I've gotten both, it's just really rare due to how the game calculates Special Items. Also it's about as amazing as you'd expect :v:

Can confirm. One of the seeds I posted had both (maybe with some rerolls).

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

omeg posted:

I don't really like Antigravity with Brimstone but this is beautiful.

I played Azazel and Dice Room-Rerolled my equipped items and got Quad Shot + Antigravity. I was really confused when my shot took forever to charge up and resulted in me spitting out a swirling red wormhole that hovered, growing, for a moment and then unfolded into a clustershot of lasers.

Then I one-shot It Lives with it :staredog:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Ah, my mistake then. Yeah, then just use the infinite reroll method to find Godhead, although definitely avoid going into devil rooms since seeing a special item reduces the chances of another spawning.

Gibbo posted:

Does anyone have any idea why the game would run fine on a pretty standard laptop, runs fine on my desktop fullscreen (4690k, 7970), but when I try to play windowed on my desktop I see massive slowdown periodically?

Because when you're playing fullscreen, the computer only has to render the game. If you're playing in windowed mode, it has to render the game and everything else.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
I feel like the 'reduce chance of special item appearing' effect really should occur only if you pick up the item. The current system is... Less than intuitive.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Gibbo posted:

It's weird, but I see the exact opposite problem. The game runs beautifully on my desktop in either mode, but windowed mode on my laptop causes insane slowdown.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Poizen Jam posted:

I feel like the 'reduce chance of special item appearing' effect really should occur only if you pick up the item. The current system is... Less than intuitive.

I don't know, I'd hate to see an item I don't want, pass it up, and then see it again next floor because I didn't bother touching it.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

flatluigi posted:

I don't know, I'd hate to see an item I don't want, pass it up, and then see it again next floor because I didn't bother touching it.

But it doesn't only make it less likely you'll see the same item, but literally any item in the special item pool. I'd prefer having the same chance to get a special item always and see soy milk twice in a run than what it is now.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Because when you're playing fullscreen, the computer only has to render the game. If you're playing in windowed mode, it has to render the game and everything else.
I get that. But I can play games that require ~actual 3d rendering etc~ at good framerates, windowed, running 2 monitors. It comes in spikes with isaac, and pretty much only isaac.

gamingCaffeinator posted:

It's weird, but I see the exact opposite problem. The game runs beautifully on my desktop in either mode, but windowed mode on my laptop causes insane slowdown.

This is more what I'd expect ^. A slower (presumably) system seeing issues.

I want to be able to play on my desktop but it's hard to play well on a large monitor at fullscreen.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
I usually get random stutters and slowdowns if I have browser windows open with any animated or video content on it. For whatever reason SA is especially awful as a culprit.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have a weird issue on my laptop where the game runs fine but on the womb or uterus it seems to run about 10 frames faster than any other levels and I have no idea why.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Jesus Christ, Missing No. can give you some loving insane combos. I thought that getting Ipecac + Death's Touch + Chocolate Milk (letting me rapid-fire ipecac scythes) and then finding Monstro's Lung giving me supercharged Ipecac tears was insane.

But now on the floor change I got Death's Touch + Chocolate Milk + Tiny Planet + Sad Bombs and who knows what else and holy poo poo. :stare:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Sad Bombs are awesome, one of my favorite items for sure. If you have Chocolate Milk and place a bomb when you're charged you get stuff like this (oneshotted ??? and pretty much everything else):

E: I hate you Satan (I have Monstro's Lung and 2/3 Guppy).

omeg fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 26, 2015

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Unlocked Godhead, took about ~100 tries. I needed stopwatch and/or dead cat for every successful run. Never picking up the lost again.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Is there a known bug in the Flash Binding of Isaac that can turn ??? into Isaac?

All I know is, I started as ???, acquired the Book of Shadows, Tiny Mushroom, and Dead Cat. A little while after using The Sun against Gurdy, I realized my soul hearts had turned into red Heart Containers. And now the boss and dream scenes are showing Isaac instead of ???

I understand Wrath of the Lamb is glitchy as hell, but I'm not finding anything about this.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Codiekitty posted:

Is there a known bug in the Flash Binding of Isaac that can turn ??? into Isaac?

All I know is, I started as ???, acquired the Book of Shadows, Tiny Mushroom, and Dead Cat. A little while after using The Sun against Gurdy, I realized my soul hearts had turned into red Heart Containers. And now the boss and dream scenes are showing Isaac instead of ???

I understand Wrath of the Lamb is glitchy as hell, but I'm not finding anything about this.

The dead cat is set to take away everything you have in the heart department and give you a single red heart container.

I am guessing this even overwrites ???'s 'never get red hearts' thing in the flash game?

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

When I initially picked the Dead Cat up, it gave him one soul heart. If the Dead Cat's not set to revive a character as Isaac like a reverse Ankh, I'm still inclined to think the Sun was responsible for the glitch.

I forgot to mention the in-game sprite of Isaac/??? had somehow turned black. I couldn't make out whether he had Isaac or ???'s face because the Tiny Mushroom shrunk him.

And wow, the Flash game's controls are so stiff compared to Rebirth's.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I just got 4 luck down pills out of mom's coin purse.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Ferroque posted:

I just got 4 luck down pills out of mom's coin purse.

I guess it was a sign of things to come. Also the fact that there isn't something in the coding make it so you are guaranteed at least two different pills makes that item even lousier.

I suppose I could look it myself, but has Edmund said anything about expected release date for the expansion? Q2, Q3? or just "this year"

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Eh I ended up winning the run anyway because of blank card+starter deck+heirophant

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Sebbe posted:

That was absolutely insane to watch.

Here's a direct link to the video.

I highly recommend watching the insanity if you have 1hr 40min to spare.

why did he restart when he found a polyphemeus

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Poly is a terrible speed item.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

omeg posted:

Sad Bombs are awesome, one of my favorite items for sure. If you have Chocolate Milk and place a bomb when you're charged you get stuff like this (oneshotted ??? and pretty much everything else):

E: I hate you Satan (I have Monstro's Lung and 2/3 Guppy).

I don't see what the problem is? Unless you're lamenting your inability to take all three.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Codiekitty posted:

When I initially picked the Dead Cat up, it gave him one soul heart. If the Dead Cat's not set to revive a character as Isaac like a reverse Ankh, I'm still inclined to think the Sun was responsible for the glitch.

I forgot to mention the in-game sprite of Isaac/??? had somehow turned black. I couldn't make out whether he had Isaac or ???'s face because the Tiny Mushroom shrunk him.

And wow, the Flash game's controls are so stiff compared to Rebirth's.

Sounds like you got Judas's Shadow and then died. On death it turns you into another character with the aforementioned name, so ???'s special abilities no longer affect you, so you can pick up red hearts and so on.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

ThaumPenguin posted:

Sounds like you got Judas's Shadow and then died. On death it turns you into another character with the aforementioned name, so ???'s special abilities no longer affect you, so you can pick up red hearts and so on.

Judas's Shadow isn't in the Flash game. I think it was just Wrath of the Lamb having one of its hiccups.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Codiekitty posted:

Judas's Shadow isn't in the Flash game. I think it was just Wrath of the Lamb having one of its hiccups.

Oh right, didn't notice that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't see what the problem is? Unless you're lamenting your inability to take all three.

Yeah the problem is getting guppy is the most powerful option but the paw itself is a useless item by that point (and kind of in general unless you can get it from somewhere other than a devil deal AND before you've taken a devil deal).

It's sad to give up two great items. But all aboard the guppy train.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 27, 2015