Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I'm curious how the poll combiner is going to work out if the female option wins (I'm going to be very sad if it doesn't). Like, the impression I got is that they're going to be more retools rather than new moulds, and, well, the CW bodytypes aren't exactly effette.
I guess Victorion (that's gotta be the winner) is going to make Strongarm look positively dainty by comparison, though I wonder if there's maybe steps they could take to mitigate that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Isn't the reason why people have that impression just because of what they showed during the vote? But it's also possible that those are only to show a type rather than 'this is the mold we're gonna use'. Slim chance of being fully new, I reckon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He sits down okay. That's neat I guess.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm going to vote for the option of 3 males and 3 females combiner member team. The first combiner that's married to itself.

*edit*

So Galavtronus does resemble Galvatron and he has mind control powers which forces other robots to become his limbs.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 26, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I'd be down for that. You still got the box and everything? Did you still have that Waspinator comic? (was that you?)
Yep and yep!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Whoa, Superion is somehow more huge than I was expecting. These dudes are large.

Can't wait for deluxe wave 2 now!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Well...money saved, I guess.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Keldroc posted:

....what

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is it like some hyper-obscure reference? Did they just have surplus off-color plastic?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I still don't know what I'm looking at. Are they knockoffs?

Zaa Boogie posted:

So what's the quality like on those things?

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUz5dcKmOM

Video popped up showing off Long Haul from the Devastator set. Looks like he does totally have knees.

He's bigger than I thought. They all seem pretty mighty big. I can't say I'm thrilled about some of the design choices (no elbooooooooows!!!) but Long Haul is probably my favorite of the 6. He just works as some big stocky fat bastard.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Pulled the trigger on Warbotron. I bought them all at once through TFSource, so that'll be a fun package once they all are in stock!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I still don't know what I'm looking at. Are they knockoffs?

That's Hasbro's reissue being put out this year. Why they're red, white and orange nobody seems to know.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Y'know I was starting to have doubts because of the general first impressions on this guy, but now that I have it in hand I can confirm that actually Menasor is a kickin' Rad dude. His friends underlings can't come soon enough.

And now that I look at the picture, I can also confirm that his proportions feel a lot better in 3D, for example his head isn't really tiny.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
that blitzwing could make a :krad: flywheels

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Y'know I was starting to have doubts because of the general first impressions on this guy, but now that I have it in hand I can confirm that actually Menasor is a kickin' Rad dude. His friends underlings can't come soon enough.

And now that I look at the picture, I can also confirm that his proportions feel a lot better in 3D, for example his head isn't really tiny.

The head is a lot better in person, yeah. And I think angling the legs down like that rather than splayed out at a 90 degree angle like in the Hasbro photos really helps his proportions. I also think he looks better without Blackjack stuck to his chest.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I'd buy the re-issue Blitzwang/Spacebus but not in those colours, gently caress were they thinking? The Plat re-issue Insecticons came out in the original colours no?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sentinel Red posted:

Re: the new MTMTE preview

It's kind of weird seeing Megatron majorly freak out like that but I love the way Magnus just shuts him down then they kind of bond over their disdain for their Rodimus Stars. Interesting too that the gang have seemingly already nailed Brainstorm by page 3, can't wait to see what the rest of the story is about.
Notice the colours on the grenade ;)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

emgo has the new Leader Megatron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpQEXW4_S8k

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Yep and yep!

Shoot me an email again at butiplayoneontv AT gmail.com so I can send you cash

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Legends class megatron has a rotating turret. :colbert:

He does look really cool though, the shoulders are kind of neat.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Anora posted:

Legends class megatron has a rotating turret. :colbert:

One of my only serious criticisms of Warbotron (so far) is that Brawl's turret only turns in about a 45 degree cone to the front of the tank. The shape of the body prevents it from rotating past that, which is pretty silly considering the turret itself is a removable piece.

And actually, now that Vortex has arrived, another criticism is that in helicopter mode the main rotor blades smack into the tail rotor when you spin them. Without carefully positioning the tail rotor, there's no way to smoothly spin his main rotor around, which is, like, the whole point of a toy helicopter. It would be easily fixable, too, since the tail rotor assembly is a totally self-contained piece that unplugs from the rear/legs, and if the fin the tail rotor is mounted on was moved back even a quarter inch, the problem would be solved. Who the hell picked up the prototype of this thing and didn't say "Hey the loving rotor hits the loving tail, move the tailfin back a bit so it does the one thing a helicopter is supposed to loving do."

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Leader Megatron's turret DOES rotate. poo poo, it's even in the promo pics.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

Leader Megatron's turret DOES rotate. poo poo, it's even in the promo pics.

In the review video you can even see the big platter in the middle of his chest that serves as the turret rotator. It's a lot like the one in the Cybertron Defense Scattershot mold.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Not that i'm saying the name Victorion is a bad choice, but in my opinion doesn't really fit something that comes from the Sea of Rust.

For the Nemesis thing i'm choosing Devastator because Menasor seems to be already going against Superion and Galvatronus seems more fitting against one of the Optimus repaints.

At least that's how see things.

Also, did I miss out on the vote for what powers the team will have or has that happened yet?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The more that I futz with these guys the more I like them.

And now I can't wait for my KO Stunticons and I really hope that a Diesel surfaces.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

And now I can't wait for my KO Stunticons and I really hope that a Diesel surfaces.

Woah, I didn't even know that there were oversized Stunticons.

Where did you say you ordered them?

Also, what's going on with that recolored Metroplex?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got the from SirToys. I'm assuming that's a custom MetroTitan.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm going to vote for the option of 3 males and 3 females combiner member team. The first combiner that's married to itself.
I hope that whichever gender wins it's all of one or the other, because I really don't want to see TFW2005 tackle the transgender gestalt debate.

Keldroc posted:

Blitzwing actually looks pretty good in those colors, but they'd have to pay me to take that mess of an Astrotrain. Basically if they gave me the set for free it would even out.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

I hope that whichever gender wins it's all of one or the other, because I really don't want to see TFW2005 tackle the transgender gestalt debate.

We've already had combiners with male and female bots, it's just that the 4 members were male and the 5th was female.

I want an even split.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There was also the original Overlord.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I still don't get Blitzwing's red colors and Astrotrain's schoolbus orange.

Like they're not even like e-hobby exclusives which were entirely different characters. They're the same guys just repainted in colors we have never seen before, they're not even references. Yet the Insecticon and seeker re-releases remain unchanged.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah, I'd really like to hear an official explanation for those colors. Blitzwing doesn't look half bad, but he sure doesn't look like Blitzwing.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Answer is China likes gaudy colours like that and they're the target audience here, us all are just potential bonus wallets to empty

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Other posted:

Answer is China likes gaudy colours like that and they're the target audience here, us all are just potential bonus wallets to empty

I might buy that as an explanation if they were an action movie.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Blitzwing is rocking Terrorsaur's color scheme, so someone needs to comb through Beast-era characters to figure out what Astrotrain is homaging.

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.
Do we know if the Trypticon reissue is actually happening, or was that just a rumor? I think all the other reissues from that leak are the ones that are being revealed now though, so I'm still pretty optimistic. I'm really looking forward to that one since it seems unlikely we'll ever get an all-new Trypticon at an appropriate scale.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It's not a "Year of the X," thing, is it?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Taint Reaper posted:

I still don't get Blitzwing's red colors and Astrotrain's schoolbus orange.

A) School buses are yellow
B) Spacebus

Also that Astrotrain color scheme reminds me of a G1 guy, maybe scattershot, and that I don't know how to spell "scheme" off the top of my head.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
It's probably for the best that they're in really lovely colors. I mean, the Insecticons were $90 goddamn dollars, I hate to think how much these two would cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I got Firefly and Alpha Bravo, and seeing them and the pictures of the other aerialbots, it seems like they all really have the same transformation, even if they don't share a mold. The legs split apart and cover up the knees, something folds up to cover the head, and arms go to the side.

I think I'm gonna pass on the rest of them. Maybe there'll be a G2 themed repaint somewhere along the line that'll get my nostalgia brain really going. I don't need more red and white guys.