Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Holy gently caress... 1/4/17 Annie. And the game ends at sub 30 mins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Holy crap, I was sorting out some e-mails and the game ended, I didn't even see it. :stare:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Asema posted:

Gonna need proof of NA "hating" gnar

Gnar has a pretty much inverted winrate in NA compared to EU. Like 33% W/L IIRC?

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Calax posted:

Holy gently caress... 1/4/17 Annie. And the game ends at sub 30 mins
Man, could seriously not have predicted this. SK seem to be crumbling fast

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
you gotta give it to that weeaboo motherfucker, kikis is a beast

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Forgiven is gonna get out the belt tonight

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Transient People posted:

Gnar has a pretty much inverted winrate in NA compared to EU. Like 33% W/L IIRC?

Thats because Balls & Dyrus dont play Gnar well. I think Zion had the best Gnar game and they still lost. TSM beat C9 when Balls had gnar because they played around his ultimate really well. Quas had a good Gnar game.

I think the NA tops need to get better at the champ.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

nRated did not have a good game there, geesh.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

you gotta give it to that weeaboo motherfucker, kikis is a beast
i love his scarf but man that guy can't always be fuckin cold.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Euro NOOIIIICE will never fail to be hilarious to me

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Gnar has 5 wins in 19 picks in NA and 2 of them are Benny & Rhux...

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Killed By Death posted:

nRated did not have a good game there, geesh.

The Leona was a questionable pick to be honest. I didn't like the Ezreal either but that's going into the whole double AD comp.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

i love his scarf but man that guy can't always be fuckin cold.

we can't all have that thorin winter gear swag

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Savage Cracker posted:

The Leona was a questionable pick to be honest. I didn't like the Ezreal either but that's going into the whole double AD comp.

I think SK's double AD is fine because they had Lissandra & Leona for AP damage, and Ezreal is fairly mixed as well. SK just failed to get a big enough advantage going into midgame.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Jerkface posted:

I think SK's double AD is fine because they had Lissandra & Leona for AP damage, and Ezreal is fairly mixed as well. SK just failed to get a big enough advantage going into midgame.

Yeah, the big goof wasn't double AD, it was not picking something that shut down Cass. You can't allow her to scale like that.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I guess they were hoping the Leona would provide enough CC alongside Liss for them to kill or force out Cass in team fights. But Nrated's Leona wasn't good. At all.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I came in late and I'm still at about the 20 minute mark, but SK just shouldn't be teamfighting before Ez has muramana. Again, SK picks a comp they don't understand very well.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

I guess they were hoping the Leona would provide enough CC alongside Liss for them to kill or force out Cass in team fights. But Nrated's Leona wasn't good. At all.

It doesn't work when you blow the CC to stop an Annie or Gnar. You need piercing damage. Xerath basically.

mastermind2004
Sep 14, 2007

It really also seems like teams are really learning to punish SK's lack of a vision game. UoL got a free baron with all 5 members of SK up because SK just has no ward coverage at all outside of when they're pushing.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I love everyone on H2K screaming and yelling except Ryu who just sits there all Ryu.jpeg like.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I'm actually enjoying this coaching segment.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Roccat's pick/ban phase is really strange. I don't like picking both solo lanes in the first two rotations blue side.

Edit: Also, why Trist. I don't get why anyone is picking that champion right now.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 26, 2015

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

Lebron James and Kevin Durant train together every summer.

Well OK, but they don't televise it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Roccat's pick/ban phase is really strange. I don't like picking both solo lanes in the first two rotations blue side.

Edit: Also, why Trist. I don't get why anyone is picking that champion right now.
This may be the chance for Woolite to pick his waifus splash before it gets changed to that abomination ...forever

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
That 4 minute free dragon from H2K was nice.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rudager posted:

Well OK, but they don't televise it.

The Drew League

e: Also, Team USA

Kibner fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 26, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

has nukduck played anything other than leblanc in the lcs yet? I legitimately cannot remember.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

Didn't CLG have a dominating performance last week that was based pretty heavily on Trist's ability to take towers with the new E?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

has nukduck played anything other than leblanc in the lcs yet? I legitimately cannot remember.

One day someone will let him play zed and I can be happy again

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Schiavona posted:

Didn't CLG have a dominating performance last week that was based pretty heavily on Trist's ability to take towers with the new E?

Yes, it's probably her best use at the moment

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

kalista secure is amazing, hahaha.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Hjarnan was just freely auto-attacking in place that entire fight.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Kalista throwing Janna to an insta-death was pretty :riot:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Early dragons over early turrets isn't always a great decision but when you can get 4 dragons in less than 24 minutes it might work out

Libertine posted:

Kalista throwing Janna to an insta-death was pretty :riot:

Kasing's KDA was better than Hjarnan's.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Savage Cracker posted:

Early dragons over early turrets isn't always a great decision but when you can get 4 dragons in less than 24 minutes it might work out

Yeah, it's true. That is the situation where it makes sense to prioritize them. It doesn't hurt if you have Kalista and you know you can get every one.

Edit: H2K's objective control is bonkers.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 26, 2015

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

H2K is terrifying.... with Odoamne and his 100% kill participation.

Edit: overpow is not Odoamne

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Ryu :unsmith:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

He looks happy!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm glad I started Odo this week in fantasy. He's really been my favorite LCS top laner to watch this split.

H2K looks so good after the roster swap. I panned it at the time because I'm a softie for Voidle, but kasing has definitely played much better and their team has played much better with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
This is why I love it when H2K wins :unsmith:

• Locked thread