Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Only weird god damned thing about it is you cannot just hook it up via USB and transfer poo poo from computer to it. Very odd.

I think it's because the Surface Pro line is "full" Windows 8, so if you try to connect it via USB to another PC, both of them are trying to act as the "host."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Budweiser also ran a superbowl ad about how "Micro Brew Beer Sucks", so I wouldn't be surprised if they allow it. Feign a rivarly and collect $$$ from customers either way!

The best loving part: Budweiser's ad disses on "Pumpkin peach ale"... which Elysian actually brews. :vince:

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
10 packs of this because I hate money.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

ChocNitty posted:

Got this audiobook called The Other Side of History. A series of lectures about what life was like for ordinary people in ancient and middle age times.

The stories that revolve around the famous historical icons usually don't stray far from war and politics. But learning the details about the average citizens daily lives reveals some interesting insights into their culture.

Link? Can it be bought on Google Play or (if necessary) iTunes? I've got a commute now and I could use something like this.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Humerus posted:

Link? Can it be bought on Google Play or (if necessary) iTunes? I've got a commute now and I could use something like this.

It's on Audible. http://www.audible.com/pd/History/T...24820649&sr=1-1

Subscribe for a month, get this book then cancel. It's a whole lot cheaper that way and you get to keep the audiobook forever.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

ChocNitty posted:

Got this audiobook called The Other Side of History. A series of lectures about what life was like for ordinary people in ancient and middle age times.

The stories that revolve around the famous historical icons usually don't stray far from war and politics. But learning the details about the average citizens daily lives reveals some interesting insights into their culture.

If you're interested in ancient history at all I highly HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend "The History of Ancient Egypt" done by Dr. Bob Brier. Dude is one of the LEGIT Experts in his field and is a very engaging speaker.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

What format are the video/audio files for those Great Courses?

mystes
May 31, 2006

colas posted:

What format are the video/audio files for those Great Courses?
If you get them on audible, they're in audible's proprietary audio format.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

mystes posted:

If you get them on audible, they're in audible's proprietary audio format.

Gross. What about video?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
You can get these courses for stupid cheap if you catch sales. I've gotten five courses over the past three months for a total cost of six bucks. I'm currently working through A History of England from the Tudors to the Stuarts, after finishing that fantastic Egypt course.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Pukestain Pal posted:

Why not go whole hog and set up/join a darkroom? You'll save money in the long run.

:getin:

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Pondex posted:

Why not go whole hog and set up/join a darkroom? You'll save money in the long run.

:getin:

Because I'm not making analog prints.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Pukestain Pal posted:

Because I'm not making analog prints.

Fair enough. You can do digital prints from analog negatives though.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Pondex posted:

Fair enough. You can do digital prints from analog negatives though.

...that's what I do.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Pukestain Pal posted:

...that's what I do.

Well.. carry on then :)

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Pondex posted:

Well.. carry on then :)

The instant film is just for a Miyama Universal that's on the way to me. Wanted to play with instant film a bit instead of the usual stuff. ISO3000 instant film should be fun.

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

I bought a bunch of stuff

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

yellowD posted:

I bought a bunch of stuff

Those Merona tights are the best, I've o li had a pair fall apart on me once, and that was only because I bit it on the sidewalk and skinned my knee real bad.

Also where is that purple top from? The back is neat.

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Those Merona tights are the best, I've o li had a pair fall apart on me once, and that was only because I bit it on the sidewalk and skinned my knee real bad.

Also where is that purple top from? The back is neat.

Purple top is from Kohls. Cashed in a bunch of credit that had piled up from gift returns.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Pukestain Pal posted:

I really hope Fuji change their mind about discontinuing it. Maybe Impossible Project will get into pack film.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Timberland case, gonna use this for toiletries

Earth Defense Force 2025

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Lotus 79 in iRacing, because my safety rating is too high :v: This car is a ton of fun, but it bites hard.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

Earth Defense Force 2025

Do you like death?

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Joining the safety razor train:

Got a Edwin Jagger Super Badger Brush

Comoy Safety Razor (if its trash I can get a better one with no big loss)

Shaving cream.

Also Astra and Wilkinson Sword blades to try out. Alum block and Stypic pencil in case I get some cuts.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Jerry Cotton posted:

Do you like death?

Isn't that the joke people make when someone buys Hotline Miami?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Got a bunch of these in various tooth sizes: the Superstar version is too rich for my blood and I've heard they're better than Dura-Ace.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

strangemusic posted:

Got a bunch of these in various tooth sizes: the Superstar version is too rich for my blood and I've heard they're better than Dura-Ace.

I usually buy Cogswell's, but lately Spacely has been getting my business.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PCOS Bill posted:

I usually buy Cogswell's, but lately Spacely has been getting my business.

do you know how much nerd money you could pull in if you made decorative gears cogs and sprockets to sell to steampunk assholes under the name Cogswell or Spacely?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scarf posted:

do you know how much nerd money you could pull in if you made decorative gears cogs and sprockets to sell to steampunk assholes under the name Cogswell or Spacely?

Almost enough to cover the lawsuit from Hanna-Barbera?

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the
2015 Trek Domane 4.5, my first road bike :3:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

TastyShrimpPlatter posted:

2015 Trek Domane 4.5, my first road bike :3:

One of us, one of us!

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Sigma 100-300mm f/4 telephoto:

And, because I'm a babby who signed online at just the right time

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Owner of my first bike in 10+ years

Come to find out, I'm in good company:

nerox
May 20, 2001

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/double-moccasin-bottom-zephyr/

New boots. Expensive, but my brother has had his for 18 years already and still look good, just had to get them resoled.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PCOS Bill posted:

Almost enough to cover the lawsuit from Hanna-Barbera?

You could get said assholes to cover your legal fees through crowdsourcing no doubt.

WugLyfe posted:

And, because I'm a babby who signed online at just the right time

Is this an amiibo? I have a buddy who literally has every single one of those drat things and manages to sell extras of the super hard to find ones for insane prices. I also have no idea what they're for. Are they just figurines?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Scarf posted:

Is this an amiibo? I have a buddy who literally has every single one of those drat things and manages to sell extras of the super hard to find ones for insane prices. I also have no idea what they're for. Are they just figurines?

Yes to amiibo. Some people collect them for eye candy, but there's an NFC tag in them that unlocks a computer player in smash brothers for wii u that you can train against that learns from your fighting. It's much, much harder to fight against than a normal computer player because it learns to fight you.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Pillbug

For dad, from the kids.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

It's time the truth came out. It's me; I'm all your dads. Gimme the watch.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Love in liquid form :allears:

I'm going to smell amazing. Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is that a pube on those bottles?