Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Man. I wonder what chance are the Multiversial Avengers and Doc Strange's crew going to have. Doom has some huge edge in Molecule Man and then there's Valeria or adult Franklin but I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I'm worried that the stakes are being raised too high and that there's no conceivable way for the Avengers to actually prevail here, but if anyone can pull it off its Hickman.

I feel so sorry for whoever they've tapped to replace him once he leaves.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

Wow, the Beyonders are really strong! Repeat for 20 pages.
Yeah I wasn't too excited here, but it did tie things up and the like.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Goon posted:

I'm worried that the stakes are being raised too high and that there's no conceivable way for the Avengers to actually prevail here, but if anyone can pull it off its Hickman.

I feel so sorry for whoever they've tapped to replace him once he leaves.

We already know the Avengers can't win. It's how to not lose.

The Living Tribunal has a piece of every reality on a rock, so we can at least see how the multiverse will come back when Secret Wars is over.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Senor Candle posted:

I'm going to go with Rabum Alal as more of a concept than a person.

That's what I always took it as. Does it ever state that it's a being?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

That's what I always took it as. Does it ever state that it's a being?

I'm re-reading the whole thing, and Black Swan talks about it like it's a person when she first shows up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is also the cover to the upcoming New Avengers when we learn who Rabum Alal is.

And my thinking that it's Tony is because Black Swan seems to have an attraction and reverence for him, and the fact that from the very start of this, Tony is said to represent death.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Rabum Alal is going to end up the "good" guy part of the equation.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
A quote from Hickman about Avengers. "...because Avengers is not really a happy story. The Avengers books, we kind of billed it as a mystery—what’s behind all of this stuff, what’s causing all of the incursions? Which is a total lie, because it’s not a mystery, it’s a horror story. And we just didn’t tell anybody, so everybody is waiting for this kind of, “Ta da, whodunit” kind of stuff at the end and that’s not what the story is."
I don't think there is going to be a "good" guy at the end of this

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Tony has been absent for all but one issue (and a small cameo appearance in another) in Time Runs Out then he escapes his prison minutes before the Illuminati and SHIELD Avengers arrive. Yeah, I'm going with the Great Destroyer being Tony Stark or a future Tony.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

notthegoatseguy posted:

Tony has been absent for all but one issue (and a small cameo appearance in another) in Time Runs Out then he escapes his prison minutes before the Illuminati and SHIELD Avengers arrive. Yeah, I'm going with the Great Destroyer being Tony Stark or a future Tony.

I'm going with Tony using Sol's Hammer to destroy that massive alien fleet headed to destroy Earth.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Genetic Toaster posted:

I'm going with Tony using Sol's Hammer to destroy that massive alien fleet headed to destroy Earth.

If there isn't a giant Macross powered by his Dyson Sphere he was constructing I will be massively disappointed. I guess this means that the Cancerverse was also somehow permanently destroyed.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Does anyone have that google document, I think it was, of the Hickman Avengers reading order? I think it was posted in a BSS thread but I don't remember which one.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Jiro posted:

If there isn't a giant Macross powered by his Dyson Sphere he was constructing I will be massively disappointed. I guess this means that the Cancerverse was also somehow permanently destroyed.

He also has the Builder planetkiller, the rogue planet, and all those weapons he designed in his back pocket. He's Chekhov's Iron Man.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Oh Remender you silly goose; making PIetro and Wanda not the children of Magneto then revealing they have a sister. Don't you know nobody cares. That was easily one of the worst last page reveals I think I've ever seen.

Wasn't all bad though. He writes a good High Evolutionary.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 26, 2015

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TNG posted:

He also has the Builder planetkiller, the rogue planet, and all those weapons he designed in his back pocket. He's Chekhov's Iron Man.

Rogue planet that was phased out was already tried a few issues back that method ended up not working unfortunately. Was The Grandmaster one of the cosmic beings killed by the Beyonders? I could see the reveal of him being Rabum and then just it being all one massive game of who's the bigger rear end in a top hat Tony, Reed, or Steve.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Jiro posted:

Rogue planet that was phased out was already tried a few issues back that method ended up not working unfortunately. Was The Grandmaster one of the cosmic beings killed by the Beyonders? I could see the reveal of him being Rabum and then just it being all one massive game of who's the bigger rear end in a top hat Tony, Reed, or Steve.

I'm not talking about stopping the incursions, but rather blowing up Gladiator and pals. Are you sure? I re-read New Avengers #29 and all Reed mentions was the Cosmic Cube, Celestials, some sort of multiversial outreach, and using Franklin as the failures. I don't remember the rogue planet being mentioned other than that time Bruce Banner figured out that the Illuminati were back together, its introduction arc, and Captain America's Excellent Adventure. I could very well be wrong since all of this is complicated as all get out, but I think the rogue planet is still in play in some respect. Although Franklin's talk can be interpreted in many ways, since in Steve's Bogus Journey it was, indeed, a failure for stopping the bleeding but I think it might have another purpose.

TNG fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Feb 26, 2015

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

So not content with turning Tony into the biggest rear end in a top hat on the planet, they're going to make him the biggest rear end in a top hat of the entire Multiverse?

No wonder he's an alcoholic.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Codependent Poster posted:

This is also the cover to the upcoming New Avengers when we learn who Rabum Alal is.

And my thinking that it's Tony is because Black Swan seems to have an attraction and reverence for him, and the fact that from the very start of this, Tony is said to represent death.

While Black Swan kept visiting our Tony while he was the Cabal's prisoner she had no problem snapping an alternate Tony's neck which we saw through the bridge so I don't know what level of attraction exists there. That said I do also think Rabum Alal is Tony, Rabum Alal is said to be at war with the Ivory Kings and I wonder if the destruction of the Earth which started the chain reaction of incursions was his attempt or a by product of his attempt to defeat them.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Senor Candle posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kXN9H4EYsw8c_QeDdSdemJioWeAqXAnznwTtPGUoBmE/edit#gid=0

Gavok can you just throw this into the first post?

EDIT: Credit to redbackground I think for putting that together.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PaybackJack posted:

I disagree. I don't know why he decided to take someone who has shown benevolent traits in the past and made him a genocidal maniac that might as well be a stereotypical evil villain. It's loving terrible to do to a character as well-defined as the High Evolutionary. It's garbage.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

I disagree. I don't know why he decided to take someone who has shown benevolent traits in the past and made him a genocidal maniac that might as well be a stereotypical evil villain. It's loving terrible to do to a character as well-defined as the High Evolutionary. It's garbage.

Well, that's true. High Evolutionary shouldn't go the genocidal route on his own creations, but I felt like the dialogue/voice was spot on.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

Oh Remender you silly goose; making PIetro and Wanda not the children of Magneto then revealing they have a sister. Don't you know nobody cares. That was easily one of the worst last page reveals I think I've ever seen.

I thought she was supposed to be related to HE and to the Low Evolutionary .

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The idea of it being Tony is so beyond what I was thinking, I'm feeling kind of dumb. I just figured it was crazy alien or Lovecraft type thing.

That said I'd like to offer that it being an alt Doom would be possible....but is 616 Doom the only one left not lobtomized after the Council of Reed's, or is the idea that other uncontacted Reed's and other Doom's are out there a valid one? I only offer Doom because Hickman sort of kicked this whole plot thread off with his F4/FF run and the idea that nothing in the universe is more dangerous than Doom comes out of it. Imagine a Doom just focused on death and destruction to conquer everything by killing it....also he has a Cloak. lol

Also what ish was Tony finding the dead Living Tribunal in?

So if the destruction of the Multiverses is just the Beyonders and Dude destroying stuff what caused the incursions in the first place?

Also what faction is Dr. Strange controlling again?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thank you. Give me a kiss.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
It's adult Val. Or it's the Hood

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

It's the remnents of Franklin's end-of-time pocket universe, or maybe the closet universe, which expanded until it became the Icon imprint. It then grew lonely because the only friends it had were a few crime comics and went looking for new friends, but when it finds a new universe everything in it dies.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Swan (as much as she is reliable) said the incursions began with the *birth* of Rabum Alal. So I don't know that it will be a character we know or at least not a familiar version of the character. Unless it's some kind of metaphysical rebirth hippy bullshit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jsoh posted:

It's adult Val.

"Here, I can build." :smith:

Man this would be tragic.

Gothmog
Aug 27, 2003

I'm a mental patient. I'm supposed to act out.

head58 posted:

Swan (as much as she is reliable) said the incursions began with the *birth* of Rabum Alal. So I don't know that it will be a character we know or at least not a familiar version of the character. Unless it's some kind of metaphysical rebirth hippy bullshit.

And the Beyonders refer to our Beyonder as a child unit, so maybe his birth was the genesis? So many possible Rabum Alals suspects out there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

jsoh posted:

It's adult Val. Or it's the Hood

People think that the Black Swans are all alternate Valerias and, well, that's not a bad theory.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PaybackJack posted:

It's also Angela or comedy option Crystal.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 26, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Rabum Alal will finally revealed to be Hawk, after everyone figured out ahead of time that it was supposed to be Captain Atom.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

gfanikf posted:

The idea of it being Tony is so beyond what I was thinking, I'm feeling kind of dumb. I just figured it was crazy alien or Lovecraft type thing.

That said I'd like to offer that it being an alt Doom would be possible....but is 616 Doom the only one left not lobtomized after the Council of Reed's, or is the idea that other uncontacted Reed's and other Doom's are out there a valid one? I only offer Doom because Hickman sort of kicked this whole plot thread off with his F4/FF run and the idea that nothing in the universe is more dangerous than Doom comes out of it. Imagine a Doom just focused on death and destruction to conquer everything by killing it....also he has a Cloak. lol

Also what ish was Tony finding the dead Living Tribunal in?

So if the destruction of the Multiverses is just the Beyonders and Dude destroying stuff what caused the incursions in the first place?

Also what faction is Dr. Strange controlling again?

Ultimate Doom is Sorcerer Supreme.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
What do we know Tony Stark does with the genetic material of gods?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What if Rabum Alal is Grills from Hawkeye? Maybe being killed by the Tracksuits is what set this all in motion :(

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Rabum Alal is Agent Ward's dog. (I'm so sorry)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

SalTheBard posted:

What if Rabum Alal is Grills from Hawkeye? Maybe being killed by the Tracksuits is what set this all in motion :(

...I would root for Rabum Alal to win and the universe to be destroyed.

:(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

...I would root for Rabum Alal to win and the universe to be destroyed.

:(

He is doing all this to find a universe where his mother is still alive and/or Sandy did not destroy all her pictures :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJay
Jul 25, 2005

There's a few other quotes too that lead me to think it's Tony as well.

Black Swan mentions something about "The Wheel" requiring offerings (The Avengers 'Machine'? Dyson Sphere/Sol's Hammer?) is the one that jumps out at me off the top of my head.

Being served by women seems like a Tony thing (although that could be a Namor thing too given the look of some of them)

I'm re-reading the old issues now but I know there are a few more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

• Locked thread