Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

halwain posted:

Is Sejuani a good pick?

Sejuani is really good in soloqueue, but there's no real precedent for it in proplay. Meteos has been spamming her though, so I think we're going to see her picked more this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

halwain posted:

Is Sejuani a good pick?

good enough to poo poo on CLG

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

halwain posted:

Is Sejuani a good pick?
she owns for soloQ and is my favourite champ, play sejuani

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Sejuani is good if you don't punish her early. She gets played all the time in GPL because the play there isn't organized to consistently do so. Expect to see more of her in the future, though, since she doesn't care about either the warrior or the chilly smite nerf!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I like how Gambit is using Betsy having no map awareness as an engage tool.

fnox
May 19, 2013

that was literally seconds away from being a baron throw.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What a difference from week 1. Gambit is actually getting decent vision, still some people getting caught out but it's no longer the shitshow like the other game they had vs CW.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sexpansion posted:

I think H2K have a better shot of making it to worlds right now than SKT (lol)
It's probably going to be SKT or Jin Air at this point for Korea's 3rd seed. I'd love to see Jin Air go, Jin Air and CJ have worked their asses off this split.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Flameingblack posted:

It's probably going to be SKT or Jin Air at this point for Korea's 3rd seed. I'd love to see Jin Air go, Jin Air and CJ have worked their asses off this split.

It's way too early to make those predictions about Korea. Remember that at this time last year, SKT were fresh off an undefeated run in Champions.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Wol posted:

Sejuani is good if you don't punish her early. She gets played all the time in GPL because the play there isn't organized to consistently do so. Expect to see more of her in the future, though, since she doesn't care about either the warrior or the chilly smite nerf!

Meteos has been playing her a lot in solo queue, I wonder if he's going to pull her out this weekend.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
Game 2 of Samsung v Jin AIR has a phenomenal Thresh play in the early game.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

poo poo just got real, GE Tigers picked Viktor.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Vik + Corki is an insane midgame spike comp. Doesn't hurt that Smeb is a monster as well, but this is working really well. So cool.

e: That said, their late game could suffer. Vik is pretty low range. In this particular game of course, it prolly won't get to that point even vaguely even. OR get to that point at all...

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
So I'm watching Gambit - CW from yesterday, and I have to say: Leviathan is a good coach. Gambit has gone from being essentially clueless to knowing the meta really, really well.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

So I'm watching Gambit - CW from yesterday, and I have to say: Leviathan is a good coach. Gambit has gone from being essentially clueless to knowing the meta really, really well.
I missed half of the games yesterday so I'm looking forward to watching this and the SK/UOL games for sure.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Gambit's really come a long way in a short time. I don't think they're amazing top team EU or anything but I'm actually happy to watch Gambit games again. A little sloppy still, but they have shaken off Mosc-0-5 pretty well.

Diamond is on form again. He was pretty great on Sejuani yesterday and I don't think anyone is gonna let him near Nidalee again.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's going to be hilarious when Gambit manages to break the current LCS winstreak record. I think it's 9 wins now? Looking at their schedule and their current form makes it an actual possibility.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Gambit aren't formulaic or predictable, that's what's good about them. They will always find an unexpected way to glass you with a vodka bottle from behind.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Freaksaus posted:

It's going to be hilarious when Gambit manages to break the current LCS winstreak record. I think it's 9 wins now? Looking at their schedule and their current form makes it an actual possibility.
they are siphoning from SK, expecting SK to go 0-8 in a streak now

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
H2K - Giants
FNC - CW
SK - Elements
GMB - Roccat
UOL - MYM

Not a lot of exciting matches on paper today, but I think the SK - Elements game could be good.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
H2K - Giants
FNC - CW
SK - Elements
GMB - Roccat
UOL - MYM

Blue side will rule today.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
H2K - Giants
FNC - CW
SK -Elements
GMB - Roccat
UOL - MYM

I like CW's play lately and think they can pull an upset today.

I still don't believe in Elements after one win against a relegation tier team.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Freaksaus posted:

H2K - Giants
FNC - CW
SK - Elements
GMB - Roccat
UOL - MYM

Blue side will rule today.
Yeah this IMO, but maybe EL might win against SK.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

H2K - Giants
FNC - CW
SK - Elements
GMB - Roccat
UOL - MYM

Not a lot of exciting matches on paper today, but I think the SK - Elements game could be good.

same

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I was looking to see how people are building Kennen these days because he's become so resurgent in popularity in competitive.

It's always funny to find matches like this.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Frederic is taking advantage of Rek'Sai's insane map mobility in order to get himself into ridiculous 1vX battles against the enemy team where he dies repeatedly almost instantly. Really brilliant stuff here.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
That manner mejais on pepinero is looking real inefficient right about now.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So is it just as a Mao counterpick of sorts that's pushed Kennen back into competitive play or something? I don't know much about the champ, was his buff a few patches back that strong?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

That manner mejais on pepinero is looking real inefficient right about now.

Ryu blind Rifting into and soloing Leblanc lol

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Flipswitch posted:

So is it just as a Mao counterpick of sorts that's pushed Kennen back into competitive play or something? I don't know much about the champ, was his buff a few patches back that strong?

I honestly don't know. Fredy picked it one week and everyone was shocked and now everyone's playing it. I don't think it's a particularly strong pick into a Maokai. I'd gladly play Maokai into Kennen any time. I feel like Maokai's ultimate directly counters Kennens, and Maokai doesn't have any problems laning against ranged harass.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I don't think SK could possibly lose to EL today tbh, they might be mortal but they're still way better than EL.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Odoamne is so good on these hard engage champions.

Edit: Lol

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
classic eu lcs right here

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Libertine posted:

I honestly don't know. Fredy picked it one week and everyone was shocked and now everyone's playing it. I don't think it's a particularly strong pick into a Maokai. I'd gladly play Maokai into Kennen any time. I feel like Maokai's ultimate directly counters Kennens, and Maokai doesn't have any problems laning against ranged harass.
yeah that was why I wasn't sure, plus from what little I know of Kennen but he's gonna be proccing Mao's passive all the time. I guess I'l have to play Mao into it and see what happens.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
that twisted advance was legendary lmao

stump collector
May 28, 2007
People love running ultimate comps and carry toplaners and magic resist is crap right now so I don't see why it's not picked all of the time

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Luna Was Here posted:

classic eu lcs right here

i associate na more with these kind of dumb throws, classic eu to me is one team just taking 60 minutes to win for no loving reason

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Both teams have a gentlemen's agreement to boost fantasy scores right now.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Both teams have a gentlemen's agreement to boost fantasy scores right now.

Started Ryu this week :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
More seriously, that was a really sloppy game from both teams. Ryu just hanging out by the base wall then getting one shotted by leblanc and reksai was pretty durpy.

• Locked thread