Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

meanwhile:

how is this game so broken.

lol. How did they put a bug that was in the loving beta back in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Apparently manual exploration was replaced by auto exploration and it sucks, badly. Lmfao. I thought you were gonna be able to choose either?

Jeez I hope not. I just bought this from the kindly people of Brasil. I'll check it out later and probably do Portugal for game one.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Jeez I hope not. I just bought this from the kindly people of Brasil. I'll check it out later and probably do Portugal for game one.

The Goons are complaining, but I shall wait patiently for the Hay Man Seal of poo poo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Naval exploration missions feel extremely limited and short, but they don't take attrition on them so it's a million times better than before. They go to wherever the target is, discover either the sea region or the land province, and then return to the nearest non-colony port.

You can't auto-explore land... You can only search for El Dorado, which is only available if you aren't a primitive (read: un-westernized American) or your capital isn't in a colonial region. They should add a shittier version that doesn't have as many events or prestige or something for everyone else. It's still really tedious to explore land because of it. Haven't tried using it as Spain or whatever. That's my next game to do.

Guns Drums and Steel 2 is pretty good. I bought the DLC for full Steam price and I was satisfied.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i will only be able to buy this saturday fuuuuu

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh and to clarify, everyone in the thread and Pdox forums is insanely loving retarded... You can manually explore using Patrol on your ships and queued movement on your troops just like before... It just didn't get buffed so it's not as good as the auto-explore options which seem to always discover their target and have a much higher chance to discover adjacents...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

tell me if it doesnt suck rear end hay man

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It's good. Lots of stuff is less tedious and retarded w/r/t New World and exploration in general. Westernizing seems to have much much much less chance to spawn event rebels. I only got two or three in my ~20 years westernizing.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I just got home from work so I'm gonna take a nap before I play.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I just got home from work so I'm gonna take a nap before I play.

Your nap has just been postponed, mate.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

BgRdMchne posted:

lol, Arumba is getting pissed off because he can't figure out how attrition is calculated on his stream.

running spreadsheets live and poo poo

http://www.twitch.tv/arumba07

arumbas cool

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

there's a new option for the comet event!!!!!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BgRdMchne posted:

human sacrifice option for christian countries? immersion loving ruined

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BgRdMchne posted:

:troll:

We need a comet event button that puts a bullet in friend of the family Wiz's head.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Has anyone tried turning on dynamic ideas? I'm kind of interested in what the AI picks... Maybe I'll do it after my first game

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Also they said you could change something in game setup to random to make it happen with editing defines but I have no idea which thing? I don't really want random province value and crap.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I like the exploration missions with ships and even though I thought I would hate 7 cities... the events are good and it's nice just to set loose a few guys in Brazil and let them do the work of looking at the 1 billion provinces there while giving me like 300 gold or a +5% morale modifier every once in a while.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Most of the whining seems to be along the lines of :qq: change! :qq: despite the same people talking about how epic it would be.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Not much war with Portugal so I can't judge a lot of things but no primitive nationalism for non-primitives is a loving God send.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm going to make a custom maori country.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Really good start as England... Had to give up everything in France and release Cornwall as an OPM in 100 YW, but then Scotland allied every Irish OPM and I got the Vassalize mission on Scotland. So I have all of Ireland and all of Scotland as vassals in 1450. I decided to keep my cores and try to go for One Night In Paris, then Burgundian Succesion fired and Friendly Austria took all the land. Also Castile and Portugal both rivaled France and allied me... I might even be able to get Aragon as an ally because they rivaled them also.

This should be fun. gently caress colonizing when you can just destroy France brutally.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

With how strong English channel is now I don't think I could ever give up northern the continental provinces to France and Austria.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

With how strong English channel is now I don't think I could ever give up northern the continental provinces to France and Austria.

:shrug: I didn't want to but I got really unlucky trying to hit their tiny stacks from behind. I lost a battle against a leaderless stack of 7 with an army of 20 with no terrain modifiers. At least literally every large nation around them hates their guts. I'd be way worse off if it was one of those games where France, Castile, and Portugal are best buds all game.

Also there's a free weekend so people should try this game.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Crameltonian posted:

"You revealed your non loyalty by referring to Byz as They. For those of us who play Byz, it's We lost cores."

Paradox please move the start date to 30 May 1453 again. It's too late for some but we need to prevent more people going down the Byzantium rabbit hole.

lolololol

Some people are so racist that they will play nothing but a bunch of Greek idolaters just to keep the greatest civilization in history from attaining its rightful glory.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You can afford to give up Normandy and poo poo and refocus on the Low Countries pretty easy. Good way to do it is vassal expand into all the Dutch minors.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's what I would have done if Burgundian Succession hadn't fired so loving early... Luckily Austria likes me and hates France so I can probably get the upperhand to wreck Austria after this big group of assholes rips France a new one.

Also I annexed Britanny and triggered Peasants War on my self, and only thought to release them as a vassal after I spent about 300 ADM on it and the disaster fired :downs:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

You can afford to give up Normandy and poo poo and refocus on the Low Countries pretty easy. Good way to do it is vassal expand into all the Dutch minors.

You can manage to give up the southern stuff and peace out fairly easy. It's nowhere near as rough as trying to Pu them, but it's probably the less troublesome option. Also I'm a greedy piece of poo poo.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Are the Aztecs always so lovely? They just took Iceland, Ireland, Britain and France sans Aquitane and just collapsed all along the way. Now they only own Iceland plus a few Scottish counties

Hell all the horses suck. Ilkahnate dissolved suddenly in Alania and the Golden Horde didn't make it past Novgorod.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

Are the Aztecs always so lovely? They just took Iceland, Ireland, Britain and France sans Aquitane and just collapsed all along the way. Now they only own Iceland plus a few Scottish counties

Hell all the horses suck. Ilkahnate dissolved suddenly in Alania and the Golden Horde didn't make it past Novgorod.

The only time I was even watching an Aztec invasion, they landed in North Africa and immediately attritioned themselves to death. Then I murdered them with holy orders and vassal levies all on my own because late game Catholics are just ridiculous.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I lmaoed when I found out everyone else gets one holy order to Catholics 6(?)

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

and half of those holy orders are only unlocked once you've essentially already won the game by reforming the religion/achieving the religion's endgoal (eg zunbils, judaism, zoroastrianism)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's retarded. Maybe they should make a dynamic holy order thing where they just tend to form at random for the top three most powerful religions. But lol at adding new features, I guess. Everything they've added RoI and onwards is just janky at best.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Their holy orders should be regional imo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Their holy orders should be regional imo.

This. Why are the Knights Hospitallier helping me murder Norsemen in Sweden. gently caress off back to Jerusalem.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's dumb as hell if you're in the middle east and the Teutonic order, knights of Santiago and caltrava all rock up to smash your poo poo in.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also the one that is just straight up better than any other holy order because they have a fuckload of heavy cav and enough ships to move their whole army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I just really wish they had Wiz's thing where the gains from Crusades were split between participants according to contribution % (so the overall winner gets the kingdom, later guys get duchies, minor get counties or baronies, that sort of thing), and also it''s strongly structured to encourage you to give your winnings to a relative rather than control it directly