Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
HEY MOTHERFUCKERS HOWS THE GOD drat WEATHER.

Its pretty sunny here today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

cursedshitbox posted:

Pretty sunny to partly cloudy.

edit: above image stolen from someone else local-ish from last week I think - still applies.

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 26, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Mat_Drinks posted:

Edit: Also I just confirmed that I'm going to see a DUNE inspired metal band Saturday night. Their first album was all about the first book and God I can't help but love sci-fi and fantasy concept albums.

Check out Blind Guardian. They're a power metal band that did an entire album based off Tolkien's stuff. Not only that, but LotR is a common theme in a lot of their songs. They also got together with Iced Earth and made a group called Demons & Wizards, and one of their albums was based off Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

Nerdy metal rules :3:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Led Zeppelin was writing songs about LotR long before Blind Guardian and In The Court of The Crimson King by King Crimson was one of the inspirations for The Dark Tower, prog rock is nerdy as hell

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

rscott posted:

Led Zeppelin was writing songs about LotR long before Blind Guardian and In The Court of The Crimson King by King Crimson was one of the inspirations for The Dark Tower, prog rock is nerdy as hell

Wait, no poo poo? The King Crimson thing is something I didn't know, that's awesome!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've decided I need an avatar.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Real avatars are earned :smug:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Powershift posted:

Or immediately bought back after you've pissed a nerd off.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp posted:

Yeah, which apparently I've done a great job of NOT doing. I can't imagine making somebody so mad they get the urge to spend 10 bucks on me.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BraveUlysses posted:

Ugh, shut up about anime nerdssss

Do yourself a favour and watch an Abridged series for how ruthlessly they rip the poo poo out of the anime in question. You dont need to be a nerd to appreciate it :D

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tide posted:

Yeah, which apparently I've done a great job of NOT doing. I can't imagine making somebody so mad they get the urge to spend 10 bucks on me.

Yet a lot of sombodies get :10bux: mad. https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username= does a pretty good job of catching all of the avatar changes. Unfortunately, the text isn't saved with them. Some comedy gold lost there.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
You guys, something loving amazing happened today. It was incredible. I'm still reeling from the implications.

Yesterday at work, we complained to IT about something that was loving stupid. And today they fixed it.

I think I need a cigarette and a lie down.

Background is, I work at a mining company as an Exploration Geologist. A large part of my job involves acquiring, processing and interpreting large data sets. How large, you ask? Well, this one from the CSIRO is 72 gigabytes. I'll probably end up using less than 10% of it, but I need to be able to clip out sections across the country at a moment's notice to assist with geochemical interpretation. Organic carbon could indicate black shale lithologies which are the primary host rocks for sediment-hosted massive sulphide deposits*. So it's useful.

IT, in all of their infinite wisdom and grandeur, decided earlier this year that the anti-virus software we use, needed to scan files as they're downloaded. This adds a little extra time to downloading things, so in order to avoid network congestion, they limited the size of files we're able to download to 100 megabytes. I was upstairs yesterday asking about solutions for me to get this dataset. One of them had the loving nerve to look me straight in the eye and say "Oh, CSIRO? Aren't they in Clayton (Melbourne suburb)? You could just go out there with a portable HDD and get the data straight from them!". I smiled, nodded, went back downstairs and explained the situation to my manager. She was loving steamed. Direct quote: "What sort of loving answer is that?"

This bullshit had been going on for a while, to the point where I haven't been able to update the graphics card drivers on my PC for a few months, because the files are too big. My boss decided that enough was loving enough, and seems to have made her opinions on the matter clear to people that are senior enough to do something about it. I get in this morning, and all of a sudden I can download my graphics card drivers. I can download the CSIRO datasets. It's literally a miracle.

*ca$h money

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

T1g4h posted:

Check out Blind Guardian. They're a power metal band that did an entire album based off Tolkien's stuff. Not only that, but LotR is a common theme in a lot of their songs. They also got together with Iced Earth and made a group called Demons & Wizards, and one of their albums was based off Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

Nerdy metal rules :3:

Hell Yeah! I'll check it out. The band I was talking about was Sandrider btw in case you or anyone is curious.

rscott posted:

It's all good in my book.

Powershift posted:

I've never said this before, but your red title is my favorite in all of AI. I remember when you got it (not by my hand) and cracking up. I still smile every time I read it because of the placement of the "LOL VROOM" on the picture as well as the "VROOM BROOM" in the text :)

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Wife hit an ice patch this morning and curbed the Mazda5 well enough to rip a 2x3 inch hole in sidewall of a new steer tire. Good news is we got six months road hazard. So it's been replaced however the other tire won't hold air for some reason now. So they're giving her a rental! Meanwhile I'm sitting uselessly at LAX waiting for the cattle call.

I swear every time I'm gone longer than a week the house explodes, the car catches fire and the dog gets a flat.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 27, 2015

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Tide posted:

I've decided I need an avatar.

I've thought the same thing. It's not even the $10, it's just I don't know what to put there. I shamefully waited waaay too long before buying plat though. It was before the whole grenade logo thing showed up though.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

If you guys want avatars, just go troll some of the babby subforums. 10 minutes in D&D or BSS and you'll be all set.

(don't do this)

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I bought my own avatar and i've been lucky enough to hold onto it ever since. Good thing too, because I got it from a Sprite thread in AI years ago and I've never wanted to change it. Every time I see it I grin :3:

That being said, eventually I need to get around to buying Plat. One of these days.

Oh poo poo, that database that shows past avatars reminded me about my old Interstate '76 one I used to have. I forgot all about that one :v:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 27, 2015

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I just got back from dinner. I don't feel so good.

A local restaurant near me only has this once a year. It is one of the most intimidating sandwich I have ever had. I split this with someone. They call it "The 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon Melt." List of ingredients:

Hickory Smoked Bacon, Black Pepper Crusted Slab Cut Bacon, Maple Bourbon Glazed Smoked Pork Belly, Italian Pancetta, Herb Cream Cheese with Bacon Bits, In-house made Bacon infused Mayonnaise, Sharp Cheddar, Fresh Romaine and Sliced Tomato

I also had this:

Hangover Fries / fresh hand cut fries, seared pork belly, mozzarella cheese curd, rich gravy, fried sunny up egg & scallions

This seriously might be one of the best meals I've ever had but I'm going to pay for it later.

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 27, 2015

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

cursedshitbox posted:

Overcast this morning, loving DRY (Think this is day 45 without rain, technically we've been declared in a drought) and aiming for 37 degrees today (98f)

The only reason I have even a tinge of green around the house is our bore is working overtime.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I think I've bought myself a grand total of one avatar, the pikachu tank one I got as a joke after sigtrap banned me for a car game violation because pikachu isn't a color and a tank isn't a car. TAKE THAT SIGTRAP FITE THE POWER :arghfist:

The rest I got by telling idiots they were wrong on the internet, or having cool friends.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

A local restaurant near me only has this once a year. It is one of the most intimidating sandwich I have ever had. I split this with someone. They call it "The 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon Melt." List of ingredients:

Hickory Smoked Bacon, Black Pepper Crusted Slab Cut Bacon, Maple Bourbon Glazed Smoked Pork Belly, Italian Pancetta, Herb Cream Cheese with Bacon Bits, In-house made Bacon infused Mayonnaise, Sharp Cheddar, Fresh Romaine and Sliced Tomato

I also had this:

Hangover Fries / fresh hand cut fries, seared pork belly, mozzarella cheese curd, rich gravy, fried sunny up egg & scallions

This seriously might be one of the best meals I've ever had but I'm going to pay for it later.

I want a Parmageddon now.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Being laid off tomorrow, but that's okay because I have another job lined up starting on the 9th.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I had this for lunch:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I primed the Civic.

Part of me really wants to leave it in primer.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

My favorite AV was ultimateforces underwater welding one, chuckled every time it got mentioned.

In other news: The Subaru Baja as modified by myself is the best mode of transport ever, so all companies can stop trying and should just give up already. There, I said it :colbert:

Where's my AV?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I want that in me right now.

jamal posted:

I had this for lunch:

I had chili and beer for lunch. I haven't had a good Bloody Mary in a while but that looks good.

Spent three hours chipping away at the 3+ inches of ice on the driveway today, what a pain in the rear end. Got 1/3 or so done then dumped a bunch of salt on the rest and said screw it. Snow is cool but ice can gently caress off. Really hoping the stuff that melted off today doesn't freeze over night and make everything a pain in the rear end again.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I've thought the same thing. It's not even the $10, it's just I don't know what to put there. I shamefully waited waaay too long before buying plat though. It was before the whole grenade logo thing showed up though.

I've got a collection of Keith Moon avatars if you want one :v:

MrChips posted:

If you guys want avatars, just go troll some of the babby subforums. 10 minutes in D&D or BSS and you'll be all set.

(don't do this)

If I did this I would just be banned right after getting a custom title anyway so what's the point.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

mariooncrack posted:

It's been something like two months since I last went to Melt and the withdrawal is killing me. I'm driving home this weekend and hopefully I can catch that special before it ends; I've missed it all of the other times they've done it.

Protip: You can combine anything on the menu, including entire sandwiches. I think my friends and I coined the name 'Dude-Father' and the servers at the original location still know what it is

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

meatpimp posted:

Done that a couple times. :(

MrChips posted:

(don't do this)
Also a good way get forced to go play "outside" for a week.

I should add a Mustang logo into the image somewhere next time.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 27, 2015

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

BraveUlysses posted:

Ugh, shut up about anime nerdssss

we need to be celebrating the FCC decision today and we will officially have Net Neutrality :woop:

I've been wondering if this whole net neutrality thing is a good thing or not. What's the jist of it for the uninformed?

Tide fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 27, 2015

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I got my av as a troll from some irl goon pals, and have decided to own it for a while. I am not an overweight gay power ranger, I swear.

e: or voltron guy? I dunno.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

ilkhan posted:

Done that a couple times. :(

Also a good way get forced to go play "outside" for a week.

Been AV'ed by some racists and also been probated for going off at racists.

No regrets on that at all.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Bajaha posted:

In other news: The Subaru Baja as modified by myself is the best mode of transport ever, so all companies can stop trying and should just give up already. There, I said it :colbert:

At least the cargo area is ADA compliant :v:

Mine only has the drivers seat from this so I guess yours is better than mine.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I love my dog like a kid, but I can't wait to have his food and water bowl 35 feet further away from the den. He eats and drinks like a slovenly heathen and it's pretty much the most disgusting sound in the world.

And he had a knack for doing it riiiiight when you want things to be quiet or listen to something on TV

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
My new scan tool is awesome. Its by far the most comprehensive unit I have seen. It pulled every code on my LR3 (seriously, it threw a code for slow window roll up when I left my arm on the glass) and does pretty decent data logging.

Just trying to round up a few other random cars with bad abs or body codes to see how good it is.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

Yet a lot of sombodies get :10bux: mad. https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username= does a pretty good job of catching all of the avatar changes. Unfortunately, the text isn't saved with them. Some comedy gold lost there.
Ok, thats cool and I totally forgot about this: https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=cage

I spent $10 to add a border to this avatar. I guess I had money to burn 5 years ago.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Everyone at work had bags full of Girl Scout Cookies today.

No one ever asked me if I wanted to buy Girl Scout Cookies :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

T-Square posted:

Cause no one likes you.

Also every store in my area has had girl scouts posted up for like three weeks now.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Memento posted:

Background is, I work at a mining company as an Exploration Geologist. A large part of my job involves acquiring, processing and interpreting large data sets. How large, you ask? Well, this one from the CSIRO is 72 gigabytes. I'll probably end up using less than 10% of it, but I need to be able to clip out sections across the country at a moment's notice to assist with geochemical interpretation. Organic carbon could indicate black shale lithologies which are the primary host rocks for sediment-hosted massive sulphide deposits*. So it's useful.

*ca$h money

VMS deposits for gold/copper? Or what are you pulling out? Sorry, geo nerd (wife's the geologist).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

T-Square posted:

Dude, just go buy the Keeblers. The grasshoppers are the same as thin mints. They have some that are the same as samoas too. I buy that poo poo year round.

• Locked thread