Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

just got my $25 gift card as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Still waiting on mine.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Has anyone gotten emoji and a gift card or is there no hope for me to receive what I feel I am owed?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got both.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Has anyone gotten emoji and a gift card or is there no hope for me to receive what I feel I am owed?

I got both also

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Spikeguy posted:

I got both.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I got both also

Hooray! Where's my free shirt you hacks?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

MassRafTer posted:

They get the origin of the company wrong for one. If you can't be bothered to research the title dispute that was part of the history, why even bother including it? For the most part it is a Scott Keith history of the AWA, it has some vague idea that Gagne was a hegemonic force and thus focuses way too much on him. It ignores the 60s for the most part and almost completely ignores Crusher who was the biggest star of the promotion for many years. It also doesn't give much attention to other wrestlers who were vital like Vachon.

Huh. AWA seems like a pretty easy documentary.

Does it pretty much center on Gagne and him losing Hogan, then?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Might have been a rights issue - if they couldn't get a certain person's permission, they can't talk about them.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

triplexpac posted:

It's weird, Meltzer has talked about it and it's true that brother feuds just don't work as a general rule.

Yeah, it especially doesn't work for babyface brothers. The crowd doesn't want to see them fight so there's no heat, and the team will just get back together in 6 months anyway.

E: The next 24 episode will air after next week's Raw, and is about Booker T. I really liked the debut episode so hopefully this keeps up.

Benne fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 27, 2015

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Benne posted:

Yeah, it especially doesn't work for babyface brothers. The crowd doesn't want to see them fight so there's no heat, and the team will just get back together in 6 months anyway.

E: The next 24 episode will air after next week's Raw, and is about Booker T. I really liked the debut episode so hopefully this keeps up.

It would also help if they didn't kill of all the Rhodes brothers heat wallowing in a bad tag division and feuding with the new age outlaws.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

WeaponX posted:

It would also help if they didn't kill of all the Rhodes brothers heat wallowing in a bad tag division and feuding with the new age outlaws.

Cody and Goldust are trying so hard, bless their hearts. I actually liked their Fastlane match with the old-school grappling, the story they're telling is pretty good and Cody is delivering the best promos of his career.

Problem is the crowds aren't buying it because they've been conditioned to not care about the Rhodes Bros. fighting the same 2-3 teams 5,000 times. Way to blow what could've been one of your hottest angles, WWE.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Goldust/Stardust match at Fast Lane was like the definition of how not to do a blood feud match, and as MRP has stated, if you think Stardust's promos are amazing then you would love Joker Sting. He takes forever to get to the point of a promo, his turn makes no sense and is full of random references to pretty much everything. The promos are all over the place from everyone and it feels like they don't have a solid idea of how they want to book it.

On a really bad show the Stardust stuff was probably the worst of it, and while the crowd wasn't great, there's a reason you could hear a pin drop while they were wrestling, because even the way they paced it out was horrible. It's one of those angles that's getting no time because there's exactly one person who cares about it between the crowd and backstage, and that's Cody.

Cody has had so many loving angles at this point but he's become The Midcard Guy. If he wants to get out from under that, this angle has to get way better real quickly.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 27, 2015

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

it's just stupid that someone, anyone, can't get an angle with two really good wrestlers, a natural feud, crazy rear end gimmicks and with the help of dusty, over but im still holding out for a good wrestlemania match

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If Dustin didn't stop whoever laid out the match (assuming it wasn't him and Cody themselves) and say "Um, I have a promo about beating him so bad he'll never wear the paint... maybe the finish shouldn't be a roll-up?", I'm not sure it was salvageable.

I disagree about Cody's most recent promo, though. I thought it got to the point pretty well, with him saying "Hey, you probably expect some wacky bullshit? gently caress that, I'm mad at being stuck with my broken-down big brother as an anchor, and all these other old men getting shots at titles and big matches before me!" Seems pretty succinct, and was delivered well.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

If Dustin didn't stop whoever laid out the match (assuming it wasn't him and Cody themselves) and say "Um, I have a promo about beating him so bad he'll never wear the paint... maybe the finish shouldn't be a roll-up?", I'm not sure it was salvageable.

I disagree about Cody's most recent promo, though. I thought it got to the point pretty well, with him saying "Hey, you probably expect some wacky bullshit? gently caress that, I'm mad at being stuck with my broken-down big brother as an anchor, and all these other old men getting shots at titles and big matches before me!" Seems pretty succinct, and was delivered well.

Yeah I think it's been pretty well executed, honestly. A lot of that is down to Cody's promo skills.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

my account's been cancelled for over a week and they still sent me a giftcard.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
WWE introduces a segment with the "we're honoring black history month all Februrary long"... with an extended Cryme Time segment. Featuring Regal shucking and jiving.

ETA: And they edited out Hogan's Superdome flub and the Rock and Stone Cold and Hoan's jokes about it? Whuh? Why, especially when it's in the Wrestlemania special?)

SirDippingSauce fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 27, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

coconono posted:

my account's been cancelled for over a week and they still sent me a giftcard.

Just in time to invest in a plaque commemorating another great WWE event!

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I expect to see AJ Styles holding one of those plaques by days end.

Would do it myself, but at work and :effort:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Why would anyone want to commemorate a random Wyatt promo? I mean they're all super goofy and probably shouldn't exist at all but the main and semi-main I at least get the idea behind.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
If I took my kid to the event and wanted something for his wall it'd be neat to have. That's...really the only time I would consider one.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Got my 25 bux. Someone find me the most gaudy wrestling shirt they got.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got my $25, ordered an Ambrose T-Shirt. Thanks, WWE Network! :toot:

In retrospect, probably shoulda gotten the Shield DVD. Ah well. Happy to have a Dean shirt. :)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
They do 25% off on shirts pretty regularly, and the gift cards seem to be good until June. So hold off if you want to save a few bucks.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

They do 25% off on shirts pretty regularly, and the gift cards seem to be good until June. So hold off if you want to save a few bucks.

I thought about this, but I'm the kinda guy who forgets this poo poo if he doesn't do it right away. :v:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

neonbregna posted:

Got my 25 bux. Someone find me the most gaudy wrestling shirt they got.

I'd have said why buy a mere T-shirt when you could have a HHH finger ring, but sadly they no longer have them. You can still get a WHC ring to commemorate the Reign of Doom though.

You can still get them from some guy on Amazon though for only $25, shame you can't use your gift card for that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's quite a bit of discounted Wyatt stuff, like these sweet moccasins

http://shop.wwe.com/Wyatt-Family-%2...t=11&cgid=wyatt

Or, if you prefer mocking the plight of Native populations everywhere:
http://shop.wwe.com/Brock-Lesnar-%2...r-current-brock

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am seriously tempted to buy a pair of Brockasins.

Mostly because of that terrible, terrible pun.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

There's quite a bit of discounted Wyatt stuff, like these sweet moccasins

http://shop.wwe.com/Wyatt-Family-%2...t=11&cgid=wyatt

Hm. Do I really want people to think I have slippers with the Third Reich eagle on it?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

I am seriously tempted to buy a pair of Brockasins.

Mostly because of that terrible, terrible pun.

If there's no minimum purchase required with that $25 credit there's literally no reason not to get a free pair of Brockasins. Think about how mad Brock would be if he knew you got them for free when he spent all that time tanning the hide and stitching it together.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Red posted:

Hm. Do I really want people to think I have slippers with the Third Reich eagle on it?

Yeah, that would be really dumb when you could own a cheap straw fedora which looks from a quick glance that it could have the eagle from the Third Reich seal instead.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Thauros posted:

Yeah, that would be really dumb when you could own a cheap straw fedora which looks from a quick glance that it could have the eagle from the Third Reich seal instead.

I suddenly want Bray to come out to Heidenreich's old theme now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

Man, this is hitting all my /r/whiterights and /r/mensrights buttons all at once.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

RZApublican posted:

I suddenly want Bray to come out to Heidenreich's old theme now.

"Unfrozen Nazi Backwoods Cult Leader"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Red posted:

"Unfrozen Nazi Backwoods Cult Leader"

With his stable, the Thule Society.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I always thought that the symbol on Bray's hat looked like the United Farmworker's Union eagle but I also admit to not looking closely at Bray Wyatt's hat lest I be overcome with douche chills.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I thought Bray's little hat logo looked like the Armani bird

Red
Apr 15, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I thought Bray's little hat logo looked like the Armani bird

Armani is Italian

Italy was in the Axis Powers

Germany was also in the Axis Powers

WAKE UP PEOPLE

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Survivor Series '97

You don't say, WWE?

e: wow, captured same major NoD moobage in that pic

21 Hoot Salute fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
My favorite thing about early 2001 WWE was the constant hyping of the XFL. Is it possible they could put a few games up at some point, I was to experience to utter idiocy of it :allears: