Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Actually, this owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ANAmal.net posted:

Actually, this owns.

I think this thread has more or less just turned into "post the most remarkable minis". Which is completely fine by me.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Kibner posted:

I think this thread has more or less just turned into "post the most remarkable minis". Which is completely fine by me.

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the flaming blue dick of Tzeentch: Remarkable Minis Thread.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Kibner posted:

:agreed: op

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Australian captain is coloured, 0/10 for realism.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

YF19pilot posted:

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the flaming blue dick of Tzeentch: Remarkable Minis Thread.

Who won that auction btw? Show us your dick, winner

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It got a bunch of attention and then the dick got pulled

usually its the other way around

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

What is this, a jpeg for ants?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

What is this, a jpeg for ants?

Apparently Imgur having linking problems, let's not bring their memes here too. Pic fixed.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Pierzak posted:

Apparently Imgur having linking problems, let's not bring their memes here too. Pic fixed.

Those remind me of wonky anime fanart

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Funny you should say that.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Those are wonky anime fanart.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Pierzak posted:

Those are wonky anime fanart.

Yet the middle one still looks better here than in the official site.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

become Meguca

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Is that totally spies? :3:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDu-2h8ZDhI

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I don't know what to think about it, but the more I look at it, the better it looks.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

JcDent posted:

I don't know what to think about it, but the more I look at it, the better it looks.

looks good. The aesthetic might be a bit out of place for 40k, but this is high science fiction as poo poo

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

w00tmonger posted:

looks good. The aesthetic might be a bit out of place for 40k, but this is high science fiction as poo poo

I've been out of the game for a while, but wouldn't this fit in with "pre-heresy" 40k? A lot of art work or conversions I've seen tend to have this similar Art Deco/Dieselpunk sort of vibe going for it, and this seems it wouldn't be out of place for it. My only gripe is the arms and legs look just a tad too spindly.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I know that shoulder pad says TITVS, but I keep reading it as TITYS

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The hips do look rather unarmoured compared to the shoulders.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

YF19pilot posted:

I've been out of the game for a while, but wouldn't this fit in with "pre-heresy" 40k? A lot of art work or conversions I've seen tend to have this similar Art Deco/Dieselpunk sort of vibe going for it, and this seems it wouldn't be out of place for it. My only gripe is the arms and legs look just a tad too spindly.

goatface posted:

The hips do look rather unarmoured compared to the shoulders.

Dreadnaught legs, and some plastic armor, then? Dread CCV would also work for spindly arm I think.

Baron Snow posted:

I know that shoulder pad says TITVS, but I keep reading it as TITYS

Well, the manufacturer has titiators in the range, but not this particular army.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

JcDent posted:

Dreadnaught legs, and some plastic armor, then? Dread CCV would also work for spindly arm I think.

Well, the manufacturer has titiators in the range, but not this particular army.

Who is the manufacturer then?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

YF19pilot posted:

Yeah, it doesn't really work with current 40k aesthetics, but I could see that exact robot stomping around in some of the bugfuck John Blanche poo poo from 2nd edition.

Agreed about the legs though, those thighs look too weedy to hold up the rest of it.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

JerryLee posted:

Urban Mammoth, formerly known as I-Kore. They used to make Void and Celtos.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Looks like somethin out of Machinarium

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Of course it was described as:

quote:

PAINTED ON A - SUPER PRO HIGH - PROFESSIONAL LEVEL

unique - very rare mini

GREEN BASE INCLUDED WITH THIS MINI

painted professionally like on the photo !!!
(I admit I took some liberties with formatting, but SA doesn't like font sizes/colors :v:)

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
It's called drybrushing, as in the brush ought to be dry. It doesn't work if it's full of paint.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

JerryLee posted:

I found it here.

ANAmal.net posted:

Yeah, it doesn't really work with current 40k aesthetics, but I could see that exact robot stomping around in some of the bugfuck John Blanche poo poo from 2nd edition.

Agreed about the legs though, those thighs look too weedy to hold up the rest of it.

I was too lazy to look for the link, so I google searched instead of going through history.

"Best Guess: Pre Heresy Dreadnaught"

Some models have this 90's goofyness for them, especially when their pop-guns are concerned, some other a p. cool:

Then again, you can paint up Warzone Chronicles, too, don't mean they don't suck.

Colonial Air Force posted:

It's called drybrushing, as in the brush ought to be dry. It doesn't work if it's full of paint.

It looks like sandpapering.

I wonder if these folks have never seen a pre painted mini, are just delusional about their skill level, or are delusional about their swindling level.

Hohoho, I'm gonna swindle some rubes, their wallets won't know what hit them.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
If the whole "pro painting" shtick is something that actually works on anybody, ever, then I feel like someone who is capable of laying down clean basecoats and doing a dip could actually make a killing.

e: On eBay, I mean. I'm well aware that idiots pay BTP money for a comparable level of quality, but I'm wondering whether you can ever actually get someone to paint a markup on eBay for tabletop quality.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I know a guy, who's a super good painter, nearly Golden Demon level, and he occasionally sells minis on Ebay. He's gotten hate mail from other sellers for calling his minis "professional painted" because he's setting buyer expectations too high for other "professional painters".

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Pierzak posted:

(I admit I took some liberties with formatting, but SA doesn't like font sizes/colors :v:)

That was some loving pigeon.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Bucnasti posted:

I know a guy, who's a super good painter, nearly Golden Demon level, and he occasionally sells minis on Ebay. He's gotten hate mail from other sellers for calling his minis "professional painted" because he's setting buyer expectations too high for other "professional painters".

Tell him to use Artisan Painted. Or Master Level Painted.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Bucnasti posted:

Te correct response is to offer skype painting lessons to the lesser painter to help them reach professional level XD

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pierzak posted:

This is what models I get from eBay look like after I've put them through the Simple Green bath once.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I don't know what everyone's complaining about, that's a perfect representation of a motorcyclist caught behind a leaking cement truck.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Silhouette posted:

I don't know what everyone's complaining about, that's a perfect representation of a motorcyclist caught behind a leaking cement truck.

Right down to the :nallears: gesture.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Pierzak posted:

[PAINTED ON A - SUPER PRO HIGH - PROFESSIONAL LEVEL

unique - very rare mini

GREEN BASE INCLUDED WITH THIS MINI

painted professionally like on the photo !!!

I'm thinking troll trying to use all of the buzz words. ;) The effect on the other hand might be achieved while decorating one's house. You get bored painting your walls and decide to start flicking emulsion paint across the room at a small target, in this case the Jackson Pollock inspired finish of this bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I wonder if I should try and sell my guardsmen and claim them pro-painted, maybe make some money.

Oh, and:

/tg/ posted:

Has anyone made Confederate Space Marines? Like, a chapter of renegade Space Marines, who impress sentient beings into the ranks of their chapter serfs by force, who have a rebel yell that disorients their opponents as they attack, whose planet is nothing more than a massive cotton field, and who head into battle on bikes and Rhinos that bear more resemblance to an Ork Trukk?

Notice the pauldrons on the beakie