Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Soul Glo posted:

Because they're probably afraid of over-saturating for a small segment of their portable market, I guess. Or maybe Gamestop's the one only doing preorders.

Their small segment of the portable market is gonna stay that way if they continue worrying about over-saturation. They need a product that truly sells the new hotness, and limiting said product is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

why is this game so ugly, i don't understand it. while playing the demo i just kept thinking how 13 year old pc game freedom force does the same western comic book theme but incredibly better

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Law of Inverse Quality is making me question: is Gunman Clive really that good for a three dollar game? I mean on the eShop a $3 game is like the equivalent of a F2P game on any other platform.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bombadilillo posted:

Who's got a recommended charger/USB car charger for me.

Gonna sell my xl and I can't be a dick and not include a charger, so I might as well upgrade functionality.

Just buy the official one that is in pretty much every store. It's $10.

E: How is Xenoblade going to be ported to 3ds? It seems that the storage difference between Wii and 3ds is fairly great. Am I missing something?

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 27, 2015

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

E: How is Xenoblade going to be ported to 3ds? It seems that the storage difference between Wii and 3ds is fairly great. Am I missing something?

Dual layer DVDs only store 8 GBs and the 3DS version is going to have massively reduced texture resolution and sound quality and poo poo so why wouldn't it work

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Also no option for Japanese voices so that cuts a good part of the game's data out.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Waltzing Along posted:

Xenoblade on the Wii took up 6.3 GB. Everything's reduced for the 3DS XL's processors to handle and we've seen 3DS games hover around 4 GB before. It shouldn't be an issue.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ah. 3ds carts can be up to 8gigs. Wow. Technology!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I thought one of the selling points of the nu3DS was "it's literally as powerful as the Wii"?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

BisterdDave posted:

Their small segment of the portable market is gonna stay that way if they continue worrying about over-saturation. They need a product that truly sells the new hotness, and limiting said product is stupid.

Yeah, but how many DSi games came out?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Waltzing Along posted:

Again. If I have to buy a new one why wouldn't I get a USB one that can usb/wall/car. Over just wall?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The new 3DS is very clearly getting a stronger push than the DSi ever did.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

noirstronaut posted:

The new 3DS is very clearly getting a stronger push than the DSi ever did.

I agree, it's getting a game :v:

WERE there any DSi retail releases?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Waltzing Along posted:

Ah. 3ds carts can be up to 8gigs. Wow. Technology!

That was mentioned by one of the Chinese leakers from the manufacturing plant but I don't think there's ever been a release bigger than 4GB so I don't know if Nintendo's letting anyone go that high.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Soul Glo posted:

One of the pokemon generations was a DSi-enhanced title, wasn't it?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There are a few retail DSi-exclusives, including FACE TRAINING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM1gXdUg-YQ

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
SO I have over 200 coins worth of poo poo on the Club Nintendo site, except it's all locked away behind surveys that the lovely site won't let me submit. Awesome.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

The thread has a tendency to run them into the ground

ok I'll go suck a cute dick now or whatever

Welcome to the internet, i guess

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Xenoblade on the Wii took up 6.3 GB. Everything's reduced for the 3DS XL's processors to handle and we've seen 3DS games hover around 4 GB before. It shouldn't be an issue.

Downgrading the graphics isn't going to do that much for game size. Cutting the Japanese audio is where most of the size savings are coming from.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Soul Glo posted:

Even at the one game that is announced a week into its lifetime (as if Nintendo won't announce more) it's getting more waves than the DSi managed to muster up.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

They can do a lot more with the increased power on the nu3ds. Then the dsi's network features exist now.

I'm still skeptical there will be a lot of exclusives. I just hope thru take the time to improve graphics if you have a n3ds.

Ain't gonna be no Mario n3ds only.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Did we ever figure out fi that eShop FPS can be played online and if we can gently caress each other up in it

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So I got my coins all squared away, and I need 50 more to get a cool game for cool people. What's a cheap/easy/worthwhile way to get 50 more Club Coins? I've heard Kid Icarus Uprising is pretty good, as is New Super Mario Land 3D or whatever it's called... would either of those still give coins if I bought them on the eShop? I got coins for Super Smash Bros and A Link Between Worlds when I bought them last week. (50 each, 40 for the purchase survey and then 10 for the post-play one)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How dumb is cutting apart the game cart cases to get those little cart holders out and super gluing them to the back of my nu3dsm, My girlfriend shouted at me "What are you doing!?" over and over then ripped the thing out of my hands getting krazy glue everywhere. was it really that bad of an idea?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey so Ironfall is actually pretty cool!! I played a bit of single player, and multiplayer, both were fun, although the multi was more action than single player was.

Multiplayer really reminds me of old school Half-Life deathmatch, which is strange because you'd think they'd ape Quake, COD, one of the big ones, but its not nearly as twitchy as Quake, not nearly as one-shot-kill as COD. You spend much more time alive and firing than in either of those games.

The demo lets you play multiplayer on one map only, but its a good example of whats going on.

:siren:ALSO:siren:, they let you play pubbies, or get friends together in the demo, so we should totally get some goon Ironfall going!! i have literally never done anything with friendcodes on 3DS though, so I will leave that task to someone else.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bombadilillo posted:

Again. If I have to buy a new one why wouldn't I get a USB one that can usb/wall/car. Over just wall?

Because Nintendo doesn't make a USB charger?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Waltzing Along posted:

Because Nintendo doesn't make a USB charger?

The recommendation is to buy a USB charger, however.

But yes, Bombaiidlo, just get a USB charger and a wall thing.

e: Ironfall is not fun and mostly because using a C-stick nub for camera angles is horrible and rear end.

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 27, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fuzz posted:

So I got my coins all squared away, and I need 50 more to get a cool game for cool people. What's a cheap/easy/worthwhile way to get 50 more Club Coins? I've heard Kid Icarus Uprising is pretty good, as is New Super Mario Land 3D or whatever it's called... would either of those still give coins if I bought them on the eShop? I got coins for Super Smash Bros and A Link Between Worlds when I bought them last week. (50 each, 40 for the purchase survey and then 10 for the post-play one)

I got 50 total coins for buying Azran Legacy a couple days ago so it's worth a shot maybe?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

precision posted:

I got 50 total coins for buying Azran Legacy a couple days ago so it's worth a shot maybe?

... is that any good?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I just found out that your mii plaza data doesn't transfer between SD cards. That's disappointing.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah it does

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
What's the best thing to get with 800 coins? The silly messenger bag and sell it for $70?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

epitasis posted:

yeah it does

Game progress doesn't. On one card I only have the initial panels and 0 floors cleared in other games while on the original SD card I still have like a thousand panels.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nuebot posted:

Game progress doesn't. On one card I only have the initial panels and 0 floors cleared in other games while on the original SD card I still have like a thousand panels.

Wait, why didn't you put in your old SD card into your new system?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fuzz posted:

... is that any good?

So far it's a standard Layton game, and I hear it doesn't have anything annoying as gently caress like the dungeon part of Miracle Mask, so yeah.

Plus, you know, the 368 non-story puzzles which are just about all released now that you can do anytime. Also, the 3D is gorgeous.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Nuebot posted:

So I just found out that your mii plaza data doesn't transfer between SD cards. That's disappointing.

epitasis posted:

yeah it does

Nuebot posted:

Strange Quark posted:

Wait, why didn't you put in your old SD card into your new system?

Sorry Nuebot, you hosed up.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I want a Layton game. Should I get that or Phonies vs Layton?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bombadilillo posted:

I want a Layton game. Should I get that or Phonies vs Layton?

Well, do you like to play Phoenix Wright games? The gameplay from them is pretty integral. If you don't, then maybe stick with Miracle Mask.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

precision posted:

So far it's a standard Layton game, and I hear it doesn't have anything annoying as gently caress like the dungeon part of Miracle Mask, so yeah.

Plus, you know, the 368 non-story puzzles which are just about all released now that you can do anytime. Also, the 3D is gorgeous.

I've never played or heard of a Layton game, so I don't really know what any of this post means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fuzz posted:

I've never played or heard of a Layton game, so I don't really know what any of this post means.

Layton games are really charming puzzle/story games. They are about a professor and his boy sidekick and their adventures. Each has approximately 150 puzzles of various sorts.