Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Boiled starch with a side of toasted starch is not a balanced meal, no matter how much ketchup you squirt on it. It's just a Public Spectacle Comix.

Pooch Café

The Nixon mask is my favourite character in the strip.

Ballard Street

The Ballard Beaver finally has a name! I'll update the wiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

My high school yearbook had pictures of all the seniors along side their baby pictures. Welp, that's my yearbook baby picture story.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Looks yummy indeed

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Green Intern posted:

So the Floridian Polynesians didn't speak English, but now they do? Make up your mind!

Oh there's a reason. And it's more stupid than you can imagine. :allears:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Oh there's a reason. And it's more stupid than you can imagine. :allears:

Did they actually crash on a tropical beach resort island, and the 'natives' are just rando tourists loving with Jane and Co?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

This poor woman is trying to help the moron, it will only end in tragedy.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

MariusLecter posted:

He's already talking about For Better or For Worse for some reason.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Green Intern posted:

Did they actually crash on a tropical beach resort island, and the 'natives' are just rando tourists loving with Jane and Co?

Nope. Dumber.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 29, 1927)

Peanuts (February 29, 1968)

Only one way to settle that debate. Have your doctor x-ray for the "factory certified" logo just before you get to the small intestine. And check the serial numbers,.

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye: Yesterday Pappy's ungenie demanded a dancing girl, so of course that leads him to the only pre-menopausal woman in town.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (September 15-16, 1926)

The lighter side of accidentally strangling dear childhood friends!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Well, not really, Ripley's. There is a team/duo of stunt drivers in Saudi Arabia who have made some really rad car stunt videos including skiing ones, but that hardly constitutes a craze that is sweeping the youth of Saudi Arabia. I didn't really find evidence of hoards of random Saudi kids trying it. Also stunt drivers in other countries do it too.

That video did show me that the head scarf provides an added degree of difficulty that hadn't occurred to me.

Luann

Before I embiggened it the last panel looked for all the world like the girls are smoking weed together.

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Juliet Jones

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

EasyEW posted:

Popeye: Yesterday Pappy's ungenie demanded a dancing girl, so of course that leads him to the only pre-menopausal woman in town.

Olive actually features center-stage at the island's only strip club...

... as the pole. :D

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

EasyEW posted:

The lighter side of accidentally strangling dear childhood friends!

Things in "Out our Way" take a horrible turn when a local boy shows the gang his David Carradine impression.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I laughed but I also am 100% sure I have seen Lucy van Pelt make a similar joke.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Sphinxster posted:

I laughed but I also am 100% sure I have seen Lucy van Pelt make a similar joke.
Yeah, I believe Charlie Brown got injured and someone said first aid and she replied that he only deserved second or third aid. Or something like that, it's been a long time since I read it.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Fingerpori

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh boy oh boy, looks like we've got a Nancy story arc going on! I wonder if it's any go-

:gonk:

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears'

Hari Seldon
Jun 14, 2007

I really hope Dave turns out to be the guy grandma just married.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears'

My God. :smith:

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Before I embiggened it the last panel looked for all the world like the girls are smoking weed together.
I hope some astrology enthusiast writes hate mail to Evans for making a mockery of their passions.

MariusLecter posted:

Agreed, this is physically painful to read.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 27, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Giggles, this is a terrible plan.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
So. Phil Fumble wants to hit on high school girls. Ooooookay...

Pogo (February 28, 1957)

And yes, there's a story behind the postcard.

Peanuts: Year Two (April 17-19, 1952)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears'

Oh wow. I totally agree with this. This is a really subtly, amazingly awesome strip.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

This is gonna end with Phil in a backwards baseball cap and saggy pants, right?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Selachian posted:

This is gonna end with Phil in a backwards baseball cap and saggy pants, right?

Or eating a glock, I'm cheering for that ending!

Mousedrake Heathcliff

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Mousedrake Heathcliff

Tomorrow -- WHY HAM

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Perfect use of a shirt for a band that's been doing songs about being too old to rock since their first album.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
So I take it Bernice is just going to let her roommate plaster her posters all over the walls, light incenses, keep a pet ferret which Bernice has to take care of, and let the roommates' friends just store bags of mystery items there. And Bernice is presumably paying half the rent for all this too :lol:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Darthemed posted:

Perfect use of a shirt for a band that's been doing songs about being too old to rock since their first album.

Also the glasses are from a guy who has been dead nearly 30 years, right on the verge of hip and new.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I think Gilchrist stole this look from Cowboy Henk. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he did though.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 27, 2015

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

RandomFerret posted:

Boiled starch with a side of toasted starch is not a balanced meal

If you base all your food decisions on what's nutritionally optimal, you're really missing out. Bread with pasta is pretty common and they go well together. A pasta sandwich even is pretty good.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

I think the best thing that could happen to this strip is if Dustin's dad were to be laid off from his law job and then becomes unemployable as his resume gets rejected over and over.

Bleeker

gently caress it. You only live once, right???

On the Fastrack

Just go with the spambot option. Thirty minutes to set up and then forget about it. Or pay someone on Fiverr to spam for you, hahaha.

Safe Havens

Thanks for the tip on how to bait and kill your kind.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

This rules. Guess I need to pay attention to this strip again.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tiggum posted:

If you base all your food decisions on what's nutritionally optimal, you're really missing out. Bread with pasta is pretty common and they go well together. A pasta sandwich even is pretty good.

That ends up with eating a big bag of Monkey Chow.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Oh man. I decided to rejoin this thread after over a year of basically falling hundreds of pages behind and just giving up.

And what do I find? Phil Fumble got a Macklemore haircut and got "finished off with a vacuum". :allears:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's still pretty drat impressive if you ask me.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

On the Fastrack

Just go with the spambot option. Thirty minutes to set up and then forget about it. Or pay someone on Fiverr to spam for you, hahaha.

So all I see here is Butthead's face the way her eyes are crossed like that.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

This is the first time I can think of that he's drawn the characters not in three quarters profile and it looks awful.

Okay I know the real answer is "Holbrook is poo poo" but why are they having the mouse live as a human in the dorms and take classes? I know that there was a cop who came by and said he was going to check on that guy from time to time, but so what? They turn him back into a mouse and the next time the cop comes by they go "I dunno he left the other day and we haven't seen him since." I mean maybe they'd get brought in for questioning or something but they couldn't be charged with anything so it just seems like that's the easier solution to the whole thing.

And the Nancy storyline is awful but I do think it's unintentionally funny that Phil is so paranoid that he thinks Fritzi is going to fall for the charms of kids 3 or 4 times younger than her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

That thing could never toast any aliens. :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 2/27/2004

That guy looks like he's about 30.