Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Because she can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

WarpedNaba posted:

The question remains: Why is she throwing explosive dolls in a Loony-toons fashion?

Never played yoshi's island, I take it?

vvvvvvv I noticed that too :mad:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 18, 2015

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The fact that the dolls didn't bounce off the walls in the demo gif bugged me more than it should have.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Having now played two touhou games, I have to say I'm amazed how much better TH08 (I started with this one; it was one of the first LPs I ever read on this forum) looks, sounds and plays than TH06.

Still pretty poo poo at it, though. Nothing for it but to keep practicing. I think I'm better at the trickier/pattern cards than I am at the straight dodging kind.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
One non-obvious tip is that when you're moving diagonally, your horizontal/vertical motion will be slower, which helps when you need to dodge primarily in one direction. In particular, if you're parked against the bottom of the screen against a tight wall (Reisen's slanted bullet spam, for instance) holding down will make your horizontal dodges more precise.

also gently caress off EoSD owns :smith:

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Redmark posted:

One non-obvious tip is that when you're moving diagonally, your horizontal/vertical motion will be slower, which helps when you need to dodge primarily in one direction. In particular, if you're parked against the bottom of the screen against a tight wall (Reisen's slanted bullet spam, for instance) holding down will make your horizontal dodges more precise.

also gently caress off EoSD owns :smith:

I didn't say I didn't like EoSD, haha. The instrumentation isn't as good, but I really like EoSD's music and characters.

Actually, I think I'm better with Reisen than I am with Reimu or Marisa (I typically play Youmu/Yuyuko); I've pretty much got Reisen figured out, but those two give me trouble.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Reisen is a total joke in comparison to the Stage 4 bosses, yes. It's one of the charms of IN.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I've never gotten past the Stage four bosses and made it to Reisen, so I wouldn't know. It's very depressing.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I think I am the only person in the world that finds Reisen harder than Reimu.

Marisa's still stronger than both tho ze

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Reisen is super easy once you know the gimmick.

Marisa's stars give me the most trouble.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I want to say Seija is also another stage 5 boss that's easier than the stage 4. Her gimmick pisses me off though :argh:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Golden Battler posted:

I think I am the only person in the world that finds Reisen harder than Reimu.

Marisa's still stronger than both tho ze

No, I agree. The only one of Reimu's spells that gives me trouble is concentration, because I am bad at directing bullets. Though I only play on Normal because i'm bad so maybe she gets way harder on Lunatic or something.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I find Reimu relatively easy as well.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
They both give me eye strain.

Which, admittedly, is the primary cause of my not being able to CC any of the games on normal.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Cool beans, another fan anime and it doesn't focus on Reimu and Marisa
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,17416.msg1164898.html#msg1164898

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Moon focused?
It'll be trash from the trashbag!!!!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Wasn't that one supposed to be about Merry and Renko or something?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Them too. I want to see new Reisen animated.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

Wasn't that one supposed to be about Merry and Renko or something?

They're just going to be used as the framing device for the story,

Also, since the first episode never ended up getting uploaded anywhere I doubt this one will.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Dudes? In my touhou?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

WarpedNaba posted:

Dudes? In my touhou?

They honestly look like Dynasty Warriors characters

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I'm not entirely sure how dudes are supposed to dress in lolita fashion anyway.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

WarpedNaba posted:

I'm not entirely sure how dudes are supposed to dress in lolita fashion anyway.

welcome to 17th-18th century european fashion

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

amuayse posted:

They honestly look like Dynasty Warriors characters
Considering how much early Japanese mythology is based on Chinese mythology, that sounds about right.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They're just going to be used as the framing device for the story,

Also, since the first episode never ended up getting uploaded anywhere I doubt this one will.

The first episode isn't even done yet, they just made a trailer (which they sold at some convention). There's an incredible amount of skepticism coming from even the guy who's promoting this in English, so I'm reserving judgment on this. It seems likely that they've bit off more than they can chew.

cuc
Nov 25, 2013
The trailer has been uploaded to Youtube soon after it was released in Japan. I helped them file copyright complaints to Youtube, to no apparent effect. I think someone already posted it here a few pages ago?

I'm not "the one who promotes it to the West", though this may yet change in the future. I've been translating its news because it is a project people will care about, and possessing correct info is at least better than false info.

For reasons too complicate and confidential to explain, even if the animation project is a success - the artwork turns out amazing, Touhou fans receive it well, it actually turns a decent profit, and so on, in the long term it may be not worth it.

Well, it's not like a cartoon series is going to harm anyone except the people making it.

cuc
Nov 25, 2013
In case it hasn't been posted, you can see the trailer here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t55SXXCzG-U

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Looks like she huffed up Miko's special incense this time around.

No seriously, dude, 'zat the new artist that replaced Alphes?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Apparently Futo's tiny hosed up arms are canon

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Apparently Futo's tiny hosed up arms are canon

Look, it's not like that's actually her body. It's just a plate pretending to be her body. Some things just got a little messed up. It's to be expected.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Futo is a lich?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

amuayse posted:

Futo is a lich?

Yes. And Miko is as well, her body is actually a cool sword.

Tojiko was also supposed to be one but Futo booby-trapped her jar and it broke. So now she is just an angry ghost.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
She is a chill ghost actually because it turns out being a ghost is pretty neat.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Pity that she's the only one that doesn't get screen time. Miko and Futo had a game, Seiga had the comics.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

She is a chill ghost actually because it turns out being a ghost is pretty neat.

She is a chill angry ghost since her powers get stronger from being mad but she is actually pretty chill. Probably because being a ghost isn't too different from being immortal when you really think about it.

Edit:

WarpedNaba posted:

Pity that she's the only one that doesn't get screen time. Miko and Futo had a game, Seiga had the comics.

Tojiko is a dialogue-less midboss and thus is the least important member of her crew and will not get expanded on (the only exception to this rule is Tewi). And Tojiko still manages to be cooler than every other midboss, the Taoists rock.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 27, 2015

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
All ghosts are good.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

I think you'll find that all ghosts are bad actually :colbert:

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Drizvolta posted:

/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Drizvolta posted:

Rude. Post your favorite ghosts itt.