Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Prav posted:

There's always the Azov battalion if he doesn't want trouble with the yank letter agencies.

He'd fit right in with them too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hellsau posted:

He should join the Islamic State.

e: also anyone know the rewards for the Obj 260 missions? The T55-A's mission rewards are:

1-4 = 200k/100k creds
5-10 = 4x each gold consumable/150k creds
11-12 = 2000 free xp/garage slot
13-14 = 2000 free xp & premium day / premium day
15 = Comenndations and 250k creds for secondary

300k credits x4 x 5 is pretty great.

Equipment among other things.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Infected posted:

Equipment among other things.

Sweet, any chance you could list them or know someone who has the 55a so they can give you the list?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Yeah, I need to get premium and some gold again. Tier IX is too expensive to run stock. Won my first two battles, but next two were losses, with repairs+ammo being more than 20k per match. Ouch.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hey, it's been forever since I've played but does anyone have a link to that youtube video of a bunch of us in Stug Lyfe or whatever clan we were in where we got a bunch of T-50s together, we synced, but one of us ended up on the wrong team. Queue Benny Hill music and all of us taking the other T-50 hostage and holding him under a bridge while doing some Monty Python shtick to let him go...... and the other team actually going along with it?

I was DeviantCelt and I was drunk that night. It was fun.

Edit - I searched youtube and couldn't find it. The dude may have taken it down which would be a shame. I think I was able to do a search for "Wot T-50 fun" or something a couple of years ago. Now you kids and your drat internets making things all complicated. :argh:

Edit 2 -vvvv Good luck buddy. Drinking and WoT go hand in hand. I don't play WoT anymore and now I don't drink anymore. Probably related to crazy meds but whatever. Anyway, someone please tell me that the stupid little video of our stupid shenanigans is still out there. Thanks.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 27, 2015

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Atomizer posted:

I'll be honest with you, this game is a lot more fun when you're just playing to win rather than grinding tanks or slogging through dumbass missions.

Yeah, I know...I just don't play crap tanks. If it's really bad, I just freexp past it because I don't mind giving WG money to avoid crappy tanks. But the T-43...it was right after two awesome tanks that I loved, and my first 20 games in it weren't all that bad, so I was willing to stick it out...but then after another 30 games I just couldn't deal with it. It's just...so mediocre at everything. It's slow for its size, the gun is really tired at tier 7, it's not good at anything...I mean, I had a few 2000 dmg games in it, but usually I was lucky just to get my own HP in dmg. It was a chore to get the gun where it needed to be to fire it, and the penetration was just lackluster.

Plus, if you are really trying to win with your pubbies, you have so many things working against you...the last 3 months of exceptionally bad players; being in a tier 7 medium tank that is mediocre at best, loving retarded missions making every tomato squeeze their seed jelly out all over everyone else, and overall it's just been a real downer for a few months and my WR has suffered.

At least in heavy tanks you have a little more control over your tomato herd, and maybe they will actually do something that is consistent with what you are doing. But in a medium...meh...it's all up to you. Your heavies are either going to do their job or they are not, and sometimes you just can't create a win if those heavies are just asshats playing on laptop trackpads.

TDs...I've not played TDs in so long that it's only frustrating. finding positions on a lot of those maps is getting increasingly more difficult, and while I'd actually love to just move up with the heavies, much of the time that's just exposing yourself to fire way more than you can afford.

And lights...now these are fun, but even moreso than mediums you have to have a working team to support. Passive scouting really isn't a thing, and living to the late game where your tank is actually dangerous as a damage dealer rather than as just a spotter is not necessarily hard, BUT it doesn't matter if your team is down 7 tanks by the 11:35 mark...ain't no light tank carrying that - well, I don't have the skill, anyway.

So, my gas station has pretty much been out of 16oz PBRs for a few weeks, so I'm drinking from 24oz cans. They just feel hilarious to hold and drink from; like I'm a midget holding a big can. So when I made that post last night I was super drunk but on good beer. Tonight I have no excuse. With this bigass PBR can and these black-rimmed glasses and Superman shirt I feel like a drunk hipster midget reject from a Kid Rock posse. I guess that means I need to drive around in my lovely premium tanks and make back the money I spent on that T-44 that I can't drive yet until I unlock like 60k exp of module research. Plus with the size of these cans I have to drink them faster or they will get warm.

Oh, but I did install a GTX 960 and 16 GB of RAM to replace my 660Ti and 4 GB of RAM tonight...an upgrade I absolutely didn't need, but I was watching somebody's WOT video on youtube the other night and was very impressed that their game looked better than mine by a longshot - and the 660 Ti and 4 GB RAM was PLENTY to handle WOT maxed out. So, I drunkpurchased from Amazon and forgot about it until the package arrived in my office today. And let me tell you...getting a GTX 960 into a micro ATX is no small feat. But World of Tanks looks loving sweet now. So nice. I understand people that run with low settings to minimize distractions, etc., but doing that really takes away from how good this game actually looks.

I really do like the game and I don't want to get disgusted with it and quit again - I've just got to get back to the tanks that I have fun playing and hope to get better luck.

I was serious about platooning, though. I want to do some roflstomp platoons. The B2 platoon that I did with French Army a few weeks ago was piss-in-your-pants funny.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

^^^

I'm not going to edit that, but I'm going to leave it as an example of why I just shouldn't post in the main thread whilst drunktanking, because I get to be a bit too much into the exposition of what I am really trying to say. And you all can laugh at me.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Don't bother aiming people. Snap shot everything is true.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Incompetent Ovulating Cunts

No offense Cardiac :cheers:

The acronym stands for Idiots On Computers, something oddly appropriate. Yours is better however.

Apparently the clan was taken over from the original IOC in some form of takeover. AlleviatedRisk knows the story better, and I should have listened better but I was trying to focus on shooting tanks at the time.
As for Hellsaus tale, I think some of the players from YOLO is in IOC now. But who cares.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Did matchmaker break? 1 minute in queue so far in my t49.

Edit: nevermind, 1:30 and it found me one. And then gave me swamp t10 because gently caress you and all.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 27, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

Don't bother aiming people. Snap shot everything is true.

I know right? Fully speed SU-100 shots are super sweet. Less sweet are constant fully aimed misses from the same distances.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hellsau, you might know. Where is my drat video of T-50 shenanigans?! :argh:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Pretty sure it was an SGLE video but none of them are around anymore, SGLE is pretty much just me right now.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah, I think we had Vilerat in our clan. SGLE was an important part of my life during my drunk every day after divorce and wife left you because you are bipolar days. 2011-2012 maybe. I really hope that video is still up there. It makes me laugh.

Plus I can hear my nasaly voice on the headset so I'm internet famous now!!! :allears:

Edit - HA! Using SGLE helped me find it. Thank you goon sir!

T-50 Shenanigans

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Feb 27, 2015

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I got two ammo rack snapshots yesterday in my T-34-85m. In the same game.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

Ensign Expendable posted:

A pubbie that wants to join the Bundeswehr to die for Glorious Superior Germany. He's an 18 year old American, and this is his maybe 10th "Germany rules" thread in the past month. At least a real German promptly shows up and tells him to gently caress off.

Its the type of thing people think about when they're 14 while watching band of brothers on repeat.

:edit:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/26/straight-outta-supertest-is-2-isu-122s/#more-22453

Why are they releasing historical tanks that I'd really want as loving special grindfest chores. Wargaming gently caress me off.

maev fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 27, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

maev posted:

That tank sure is magic, ain't it? :allears:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

maev posted:

I've only played like 3 games in that tank and it's always just been hilarious...bouncing APCR off the front plate of a T-34-85 class tank? lol. What a good addition to the premium midtier express lineup.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Tahirovic posted:

Pretty sure it was an SGLE video but none of them are around anymore, SGLE is pretty much just me right now.

je suis SGLE!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

truavatar posted:

Anyone playing Blitz? I played on my desktop awhile back, but that machine died on me and I haven't really played since. I downloaded Blitz on my ipad the other day though and it's a lot of fun!

Aramoro posted:

I play a few games now and again, my top tank so far is the Cromwell. It's pretty fun as a distraction.

Uranium 235 posted:

I find it more fun once you get away from tier 1 and 2 games, where a lot of the pubbies have absolutely no clue what they are doing, and will sit staring across a field while an enemy tank runs up to them and shoots them in the side over and over again. Wait, how is that different from normal tanks?

But it is kind of fun to play when I need to kill time and have nothing else better to do. I am working on getting my M4 so I can derp pubbies with my iPhone.

What are your Blitz IGNs, dudes? Mine is AtomizerX.

demonR6 posted:

Yes, in the game folder there is a python log that runs when you start the game and takes an inventory of every mod installed. If they send themselves that file and run an audit versus known illegal mods they could buttfuck everyone who runs them but :effort:

Could you, say, clear the contents of the file and make it read-only, thereby preventing a successful log from being saved thereafter?

Squiddite posted:

Hellsau, are you conducting some kind of PR blitz or something? You've made this pubbie very mad, and your name has come up more than once in various streamers' chats this week as a prime example of a bad person to avoid. You seem to have taken the crown from Hardest as pubbie persona non grata.

He's doing Obama's work. :angel:

Hellsau posted:

Jonny says to make sure to not leave the clan just because Chillsau yelled at you.

I was calling a battle. I kept taking Santosair out because I did not want a Type 64. He kept putting himself back in, and taking me out. “This should be fun” I wrote in my notes. Gotta love people sabotaging the caller while being too lazy to get the correct tanks. I don’t flip out over this, and no one bothers telling Santo to knock that poo poo off.

The bold is something I legit had to deal with when you were yelling at poor PANSYs; it is amazing how thin-skinned goons in a troll clan can be. Bitches need to HTFU!

The second part is something that would legit cause me to threaten to boot the offender from the clan if not do it on the spot. I'll put up with a lot of screwing around, but not that kind of poo poo.

yaay posted:

he's already taken it down. Stupid to link or even mention any names if you're doing an article like that in the first place. Gee I wonder what happens if I complain about titty streamers in my tank blog that gets a lot of traffic and then link to them. It's still enough to put her on the front page of the WoT stream and less than 50 viewers behind Orzanel. It's really loving sad to see poo poo like this.

Uranium 235 posted:

Looks like it's gone now. What was it?

LMGTFY.... :rolleyes:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qN7rDrrJI8YJ:ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/26/i-dont-even/+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.twitch.tv/ragingpixie123

Prav posted:

There's always the Azov battalion if he doesn't want trouble with the yank letter agencies.

:stare:

:eyepop:

Is it just me, or is that flag pretty :godwinning:?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Hey, it's been forever since I've played but does anyone have a link to that youtube video of a bunch of us in Stug Lyfe or whatever clan we were in where we got a bunch of T-50s together, we synced, but one of us ended up on the wrong team. Queue Benny Hill music and all of us taking the other T-50 hostage and holding him under a bridge while doing some Monty Python shtick to let him go...... and the other team actually going along with it?

I was DeviantCelt and I was drunk that night. It was fun.

Edit 2 -vvvv Good luck buddy. Drinking and WoT go hand in hand. I don't play WoT anymore and now I don't drink anymore. Probably related to crazy meds but whatever. Anyway, someone please tell me that the stupid little video of our stupid shenanigans is still out there. Thanks.

drat, now this is one dude I haven't heard from in a long while! You're the one in Kenosha, right? I'm glad to hear things are going better for you. It's probably for the best that you don't play this terrible game anymore, but keep in touch with us!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Atomizer posted:

It's not just you, the Azov battalion is a far right wing volunteer battalion - they're only one, and every country has neo nazis, but they're held up by Russian propaganda as representative of all Ukraine.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Atomizer posted:

Well they're literally nazis so yeah. Check out their emblem for some black sun action.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Atomizer posted:

Could you, say, clear the contents of the file and make it read-only, thereby preventing a successful log from being saved thereafter?

He's doing Obama's work. :angel:

The bold is something I legit had to deal with when you were yelling at poor PANSYs; it is amazing how thin-skinned goons in a troll clan can be. Bitches need to HTFU!

The second part is something that would legit cause me to threaten to boot the offender from the clan if not do it on the spot. I'll put up with a lot of screwing around, but not that kind of poo poo.

LMGTFY.... :rolleyes:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qN7rDrrJI8YJ:ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/26/i-dont-even/+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.twitch.tv/ragingpixie123

:stare:

:eyepop:

drat, now this is one dude I haven't heard from in a long while! You're the one in Kenosha, right? I'm glad to hear things are going better for you. It's probably for the best that you don't play this terrible game anymore, but keep in touch with us!

That's ME! I had to stop drinking on Dec 30th because the VA put me on crazy meds that would make me black out so that's a no go now. Bummer. Drinking and Tanks go hand in hand.

Still in Kenosha. Still hate it here. Still hate World of Tanks and all of the money I spent on it. Things are possibly looking up though. Depends on what mood I'm in though. (still bipolar :smith:)

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Still hate World of Tanks and all of the money I spent on it.

Thanks for posting in this thread.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The movement physics system test is out.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/physics-experiment-pt/

e: and it just instacrashes for me. that's what i get for being lazy and just overwriting the old install. ee: clean install works fine.

Prav fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 27, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

I'm Cindy IRL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx5W2d60VtQ

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

WGA Support posted:

Hello Chillsau,

Thank you for contacting World of Tanks support.

Unfortunately numerous reports and information have shown consistent unsavory behavior. 

Please know these sanctions will increase if the behavior continues.

Well then apparently in game reporting works? Or possibly WGA didn't like me reporting [1488] since they have a known kinship with literal Nazis.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hellsau posted:

Sweet, any chance you could list them or know someone who has the 55a so they can give you the list?

Optics, Vstab, Large Rammer, Binos, GLD. The rest is just more credits, free xp and premium repair kits, medkits and extinguishers.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Hellsau posted:

Well then apparently in game reporting works? Or possibly WGA didn't like me reporting [1488] since they have a known kinship with literal Nazis.

I really doubt it does, the amount of times I drown or blow myself up to get out of bullshit like himmelsdorf on arty would have gotten me banned more than once.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Ensign Expendable posted:

A pubbie that wants to join the Bundeswehr to die for Glorious Superior Germany. He's an 18 year old American, and this is his maybe 10th "Germany rules" thread in the past month. At least a real German promptly shows up and tells him to gently caress off.

I am very happy that there was no internet around to post every stupid thought that entered my head when I was a teenager. This guy says he's "turned on" by the idea of him lying dead and forgotten on some battlefield. It sounds loving retarded, but if he's 14, :shrug:.

Also, I re-bought my Luchs because that was a fun tank. For crew skills, I was thinking mentor for the commander and camo for everyone else. Sensible or not? Also, equipment I'm thinking is torsion bars, spall liner,

I see stuff on the WOT forums that I think might be dumb, but I'm not sure because I'm new. Some pubbie was saying how a Luchs should be run with it's stock turret for it's lower weight, but you lose 30m of view range which seems important in a scout tank.

On the Chillsau blunt criticism from a page back, I would much rather get blunt constructive criticism from a 2800 WN8 / 65% win rate player than a gentle ball cupping from some guy whose WN8 is 20 points higher than mine. Playing with goons last weekend was awesome fun, in part because it dragged me to a 60% win rate. :tipshat:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Well you are unsavory as a motherfucker.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

Looks like they are implementing some kind of escalating punishment system for you. I bet you pissed of some WG NA employee on their personal account or something.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

The WG employee is in [1488] and doesn't like being called out for his goose-stepping behavior. :tinfoil:

srb
Jul 24, 2007

MoraleHazard posted:

how a Luchs should be run with it's stock turret for it's lower weight, but you lose 30m of view range which seems important in a scout tank.

That's old, old, old advice, back when the Luchs was tier 3. Stock turret + 20mm autocannon and gas was known as "rocket luchs" due to the acceleration.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

MoraleHazard posted:

Also, I re-bought my Luchs because that was a fun tank. For crew skills, I was thinking mentor for the commander and camo for everyone else. Sensible or not? Also, equipment I'm thinking is torsion bars, spall liner,
For light tanks, I usually go Sixth Sense on the commander and Camo on everyone else. I don't think Mentor is that useful unless you're min/maxing and you plan to retrain that skill to something else after your crew has 3+ skills. You probably won't get to that point with your Luchs.

I wouldn't use torsion bars or spall liner on a Luchs.

The only purpose that torsion bars serve is to allow you to increase your load capacity so you can use modules that would otherwise be too heavy for your tank's suspension. This is really useful if you want to put the top turret and gun on a tank but you don't want to grind the tracks for it. Some tanks in particular really benefit from this, others do not. Torsion bars won't do anything useful for your Luchs.

Spall liner is also a role player and isn't useful for most tanks. For example, the only spall liner I have installed on any of my tanks is on my Churchill III, because it's a slow, lumbering tier 5 heavy tank with good armor and hit points, but is also very large and susceptible to artillery and howitzers. I hear some people use spall liners are good ramming tanks like the E-50 because it cuts ramming damage to your tank, giving you even more incentive to ram the poo poo out of pubbies. But that's really playstyle-dependent. I wouldn't recommend a spall liner on a light tank like the Luchs, because you shouldn't be getting hit by artillery, and you shouldn't be ramming anything besides other light tanks on occasion. Spall liners are even less useful for light tanks because they only cut damage by 20%, where large tank spall liners cut damage by 30 or 50% (depending on whether it's heavy or superheavy).

For Luchs, I'd probably use Vents, Optics, and I'm not sure after that. Maybe a camo net so you can passive scout a little more safely, or binoculars if you want to max your viewing range while you're sitting still.

Vents boost all skills by 5%, so you reload a little faster, spot a little farther, accelerate a little quicker, etc. Optics improve your view range at all times, including while you move, which is really important for a light tank with a magazine-fed gun because you aren't going to be sitting still and sniping at a distance. You'll need to get close to your targets, which requires you to be moving. You'll also be hunting down artillery, so having optics is very useful for finding them.

quote:

I see stuff on the WOT forums that I think might be dumb, but I'm not sure because I'm new. Some pubbie was saying how a Luchs should be run with it's stock turret for it's lower weight, but you lose 30m of view range which seems important in a scout tank.
That pubbie was dumb. If you run the stock turret, you get 30.33 hp/t. With the top turret, you get 27.86 hp/t. Using the top turret gives you a reduction of 8% hp/t in exchange for 8% more view range and 11% higher rate of fire on the 3cm gun. This is using values from here, so I'm not 100% sure they're accurate: http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/pzkpfw-ii-luchs/pzkpfw-ii-luchs#T1=198I163I141I246I145&T2=199I163I141I246I145

According to that website, the top turret holds an extra 2 rounds in the magazine for the top gun, so that's another big difference. You can deal 25% more damage before having to reload if you're using the 3 cm gun.

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 27, 2015

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Thanks for the advice. The logic behind the torsion bars and spall liner was to help from being tracked when active scouting and to be able to drive off steep inclines and keep from being tracked. I'm going to go w/ your advice though.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

There has been some talk that the torsion bars reduce track damage taken from jumps and such, but I don't know if anyone has tested it.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Same as in normal tanks, AramoroA, in the Euro region.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Atomizer posted:

Uranium235

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I use GLD, vents and optics on my Luchs, and I have an absolutely absurd number of battles in it (I ground a loving 2.5 skills crew on it). I recommend to use camo+6th sense as a first skill, camo+crew useful skills as 2nd skill (stuff like smooth ride or safe storage) and maybe 3rd skill could be like repair if you think it's worth it.