Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Stamina and Max Ki give you 7 bars at 100, 6 bars at 75, 5 at 50... I think the first bar is at 15.

Doing PQs online seem to have a much higher droprate for me. I got 3 things each time I did an online PQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I thought everything maxed at 60? so they don't I take it?

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

A tip for those of you who miss being able to charge ki like in the other DBZ games: you can buy a skill at the skill vendor that allows you to charge your power. It takes a slot of one of your super attacks. You just hold the button down and you'll charge your ki up like in the other games.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I am level 35 now and still having trouble with the mission where they make you fight a million little fat buus. How many do I have to kill? Will I ever be good enough? :smith:

Also 5 out of 7 dragonballs. Here I come, makeover.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Wow Trunks :stonk:

The great saiyaman and android 18, perfect cosplay.

The Green Calx posted:

A tip for those of you who miss being able to charge ki like in the other DBZ games: you can buy a skill at the skill vendor that allows you to charge your power. It takes a slot of one of your super attacks. You just hold the button down and you'll charge your ki up like in the other games.

If you choose "blast attacks" at character creation, you start with the ability to charge ki :) feels good. Or maybe it was because I'm a saiyan?

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Wow Trunks :stonk:

The great saiyaman and android 18, perfect cosplay.

If you choose "blast attacks" at character creation, you start with the ability to charge ki :) feels good. Or maybe it was because I'm a saiyan?

Oh, nice! I chose balanced and ended up with meteor crash/afterimage/energy barrage. Meteor crash is an awesome move.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Managed to connect online on PC! Running around with some really amazing gokus.

Best names so far: ObamaCare, MaiWaifbuu

This is like Phantasy Dragonball Online

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Melee Saiyan started out with Meteor Crash, a big shield super, and another melee super. Already dropped all that for 2 Vegeta ki blasts, Kaioken, and the charge-up super. Might drop charging for Meteor Crash again and just use items to charge-up and spam Ki attacks. I'm pretty sure now that picking your "specialty" at the start of the game only swings maybe 2-3 points either way, and giving you different starting supers.

Saw a Mallow character online and laughed pretty hard. Awesome game so far.

I figure the season pass won't go up in price, right? Not sure if I wanna try to wait on a spring / summer sale or :f5: now

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
This game is good once you start being good at it and know what the gently caress you're doing instead of button mashing like an ape.

Playing a Namekian means I never die, but I can fail some story quests because I don't output enough damage. The worst offender was the god-awful part where you're in Ginyu's body and have to kill like 20 loving Appules and Raspberries. Despite constantly being on the offensive and playing to the best of my capacity, Krillin just loving dies all the time. Do I need to buy some capsules to heal my "party" like some kind of RPG? That's pretty funny.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If you don't get kamehameha first thing and then just spam the gently caress out of that I don't know what you're thinking :goku:

Although the move that Piccolo teaches you as a mentor is really great. Its like a ki shotgun; only good at close range but if you're playing a match with allies that can distract somebody, you can womp them HARD.

I'm now learning how to be an ultimate space dick from Vegeta. Galick gun!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Athropos posted:

This game is good once you start being good at it and know what the gently caress you're doing instead of button mashing like an ape.

Playing a Namekian means I never die, but I can fail some story quests because I don't output enough damage. The worst offender was the god-awful part where you're in Ginyu's body and have to kill like 20 loving Appules and Raspberries. Despite constantly being on the offensive and playing to the best of my capacity, Krillin just loving dies all the time. Do I need to buy some capsules to heal my "party" like some kind of RPG? That's pretty funny.

I just did a short combo and spammed Milky Cannon. it wrecks.

The PQ fighting Kaioken x20 Goku is insane. I tried to cheese it by using body change as Ginyu but he never had enough stamina / ki.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Played an online PQ with two random dudes, we were sent to Namek to collect the dragon balls from the Ginyu Force before they could load it into Freiza's ship.

That match pretty much addressed all my concerns about this game. The map itself was much bigger than the ones I'd played in story so far so you could really fly around and different battles could break out at different places, and the overall variety and just the fun of everything, drat. Awesome.

Ahahaha and the reward was a bunch of new "fighting pose" moves where you bust a ginyu stance in-battle to gain some temporary buff. Love it. :allears:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

quote:

Played an online PQ with two random dudes, we were sent to Namek to collect the dragon balls from the Ginyu Force before they could load it into Freiza's ship.

That match pretty much addressed all my concerns about this game. The map itself was much bigger than the ones I'd played in story so far so you could really fly around and different battles could break out at different places, and the overall variety and just the fun of everything, drat. Awesome.

Ahahaha and the reward was a bunch of new "fighting pose" moves where you bust a ginyu stance in-battle to gain some temporary buff. Love it.

Goddamnit. This game actually sounds amazing. I am going to have to pick this up, aren't I?

I'm supposed to be too old for Dragonball!

Edit: Also, the Goonyu Force needs to have that move on every character. Seriously, holy loving poo poo. If it's anything like the real thing it'd be hilarious to see a bunch of burly dudes beating the hell out of each other only for one side to bust that out in perfect sync every time they combo someone into the ground.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 27, 2015

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How does the master system work? I know people have said to play it fast and loose with masters, love em' and leave em', get your techniques and go, but I'm curious to see how many techs you get before that master tree is finished.

Also, when the earth cried out for a hero...Krln was there to answer the call:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I don't want to say SSJ4 Vegeta has an infinite, but I got my string up to about 80 something before Gohan died. Maybe it's just a poor low level AI.

Also Kaioken x20 Goku gives no gently caress if you're SSJ4 Vegeta. He will block everything.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
10/10 can't wait for the power pole

If Neko Majin ends up being a DLC character I'll lose my poo poo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Yamcha's super move is you fake dying, so that people ignore you :allears:

I played on a city map earlier where you could go all street fighter on a bunch of cars and punch them to pieces, or you could just kamehameha through them. Awesome.
I wish there was more destructible terrain, but it is what it is. Its nice there's some at least. And they actually hide loot underneath cars and houses and rocks, so you have to smash them to get the goodies. Fun stuff.

zelah posted:

10/10 can't wait for the power pole

If Neko Majin ends up being a DLC character I'll lose my poo poo.

Holy poo poo dude that's amazing. I mean you are spot loving on for Neko Majin. :lol:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 27, 2015

cams
Mar 28, 2003

So, there are all those Z-Attribute things from mentors that say they increase damage of "skill powers associated with (whoever)". Is there any way at all to know which skills are associated with which people?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Man, that Captain Ginyu "stealth" mission is bullshit. You have to be constantly babysitting Gohan and Krillen because they both have really low health.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

cams posted:

So, there are all those Z-Attribute things from mentors that say they increase damage of "skill powers associated with (whoever)". Is there any way at all to know which skills are associated with which people?

I presume it's as simple as "use the skills they teach you"

Testekill posted:

Man, that Captain Ginyu "stealth" mission is bullshit. You have to be constantly babysitting Gohan and Krillen because they both have really low health.

I had no issues with this mission and don't know what people are finding so difficult, I guess I just got lucky? For reference I've hit a brick wall against Beerus and Whis so it's not like I'm some super pro goku.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
Is there any way to gain Stamina faster? I use Kaioken x20 and it burns through all my stamina. After that, I hope nobody hits me because there is nothing I can do, but take it until I get enough ki to dodge.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RickDaedalus posted:

Is there any way to gain Stamina faster? I use Kaioken x20 and it burns through all my stamina. After that, I hope nobody hits me because there is nothing I can do, but take it until I get enough ki to dodge.

Stamina recovery capsules in a pinch.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Stamina recovery capsules in a pinch.

Hm yes let me pull out my asthma inhaler while Frieza charges up his death ball.

I guess I'll just level up stamina. My Earthling Goku needs Kaioken to compete with super saiyans and stuff.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I presume it's as simple as "use the skills they teach you"
yeah but there are also ones for characters who can't mentor you. for instance, i got ones for jeice and berter that give bonus damage to their powers and skills but i'll be god damned if i know what those are

so, if i were to delete my level 32 dude i've been playing all day, what all would i lose? as i understand it, the ONLY thing tied to each individual character is their level and how you've specced them, but i may be completely wrong.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm still mad that Friezaians can't transform.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

cams posted:

yeah but there are also ones for characters who can't mentor you. for instance, i got ones for jeice and berter that give bonus damage to their powers and skills but i'll be god damned if i know what those are

Once you unlock them hit square on the character select screen to see what their moves are. You can get those moves as loot from the parallel quests

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Good rule: Only pull out the Kaioken if you're confident you'll win before you run out of stamina. Elsewise, you're going to be introduced to the ground while trying to recover.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Solomonic posted:

Once you unlock them hit square on the character select screen to see what their moves are. You can get those moves as loot from the parallel quests
So does this mean that any moves any "costume" of that character can use?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Probably a dumb question but when do you get the power up move?

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

Harlock posted:

Probably a dumb question but when do you get the power up move?

You gotta be more specific since Power Up in DBZ can mean anything.

Ki Recharge is a skill you buy at the store if you didn't get it at the start.

Kaioken you get from PQs. Check the rewards offered when picking one to check which quests have it. x20 is PQ9, Saiyan Pride. Kaioken and Kaioken x5 you get much earlier. Kaioken is the only one you can buy at the store, at least from what I've seen.

Super Saiyan power up is like Kaioken, only you get it later. Dunno when you get it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RickDaedalus posted:

Kaioken you get from PQs. Check the rewards offered when picking one to check which quests have it. x20 is PQ9, Saiyan Pride. Kaioken and Kaioken x5 you get much earlier. Kaioken is the only one you can buy at the store, at least from what I've seen.

Super Saiyan power up is like Kaioken, only you get it later. Dunno when you get it.

I've seen super saiyan for sale in the skill store

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

RickDaedalus posted:

Ki recharge is what I was looking for - thanks.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

When does Super Saiyan become available to buy? Trying to get it out of the 2 star quest is annoying since i end up not gettting any rewards half the time and it's not exactly an easy quest either.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Is there a way to control where you teleport to when you phase out of blocks? I gather that while blocking you can hit X and a direction to phase to that part of the enemy, like back and X phases you behind them, but I can't get it to work consistently. Alternate question: is there a way to continue a string of attacks after you launch someone with triangle? (using Playstation button layouts for reference). I can chase them and catch up and hit them again with triangle but I swear one time I phased behind them again and I'm not sure how. I sort of think I know how to continue chains but I'm not certain.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Holy poo poo dude that's amazing. I mean you are spot loving on for Neko Majin. :lol:

all I see is kimmy boy and it's killing me

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Got the game today. I really like it. Playing an albino Namkeian who focuses on health, stamina, basic attacks, and super strikes. It's been going good so far. I don't know what some people earlier on were saying: Nappa was a chump. This might be an odd question, but how do I go online? There is no one else in Toki Toki city outside of npcs. Does it get unlocked when I progress further?

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Just beat up Frieza; I'm a little surprised I haven't dropped Double Sunday yet. I keep looking out for something to replace it, but so far it's the only move I've been able to catch people with when they get sent flying from a heavy attack. Unfortunately I'm still in the habit of misusing it as a melee weapon from back before I had moves that actually functioned at knife fight range, like piccolo's explosion thing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's a shame they're so enamoured with the 3v3 fights, because they're a loving mess. Especially since blocking, as far as I can tell, is pointless, unless something is telegraphed HOURS beforehand.

Also, I can't see any way to preview clothes before you buy them. Am I being dense or is that intended?

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 27, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It's a shame they're so enamoured with the 3v3 fights, because they're a loving mess. Especially since blocking, as far as I can tell, is pointless, unless something is telegraphed HOURS beforehand.

Also, I can't see any way to preview clothes before you buy them. Am I being dense or is that intended?

Yeah there's no preview and it's a pretty big pain in the rear end, but then it's not like money is scarce once you're up there in levels.

Just fought a CPU created Namek with a girls name and a male voice. Progressive gaming ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Even faster, the Prepare for the Sayan Attack one has one too (any mission where an NPC time patrol pops works) and since it's one star you just smash through the scrubs. You can really easily just reset the mission when you don't get a ball (it'll say Key Item received instead of 2 Material Item messages)

I've been doing this method for about 45 minutes and it feels like the spawn rate on the NPC is super low compared to PQ12. Like barely 1/4 of the time they're there. Only got 2 balls so far, and I think that's more down to being super lucky because there was a ball on my very first attempt.

EDIT: Gave up and went back to PQ12 and had my final 2 balls within 15 minutes. Being able to see immediately if the NPC is there or not seems to save more time overall than having to fight scrubs for 30-45 seconds first, especially when it seems to be there more often. Takes less than 5 minutes to beat the patrol guy and then finish the mission.

Haha when you summon Shenron I highly recommend just chilling out a little prior to wishing.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 27, 2015

• Locked thread