Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
I think this is the most attention the Tour of Andalusia has never received.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Lol Jack Bobridge has had the worst year

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

tylertfb posted:

Lol Jack Bobridge has had the worst year

Being part of a team that is named "Budget Forklifts" being one of the reasons.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Not sure if it got posted, but the Track worlds are up on Youtube if anyone is super bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnhHGNAk0Y for day 4

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Best commentary of the day:

"Look at those calves. He looks like he's smuggling frozen chickens!"

Speaking of chicken-like creatures, Froome won the Ruta Del Sol.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

lol the roof is dripping because they're so desperate to keep the velodrome warm for wr's

also queen vic :allears:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Is it me or is the derny going much slower then it used to?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

On right now, Oleg Tinkov talking about business in Russia on Bloomberg.

Edit: waste of time, he moaned about sanctions then when given the chance to talk about the team it was used as a spring board to moan more about sanctions again. According to him Russia did not invaded the Ukraine.

Pocket fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 22, 2015

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Fun video from the Tour of Oman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSv9WKOyHCA&t=32s

You can hear inner tubes exploding and then hear Eddy Merckx exploding while Tommeke and Spartacus look at him like the crazy great uncle who has made a scene at a family gathering.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Dekker came up short on the hour record:

A whole lap short.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Thank christ proper cycling starts again this weekend and these endless 'tour of (torturous shithole with hosed human rights)*' are over. Last week doesnt count because 'gently caress Froome'.

*Mostly referring to Australia.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

kimbo305 posted:

Dekker came up short on the hour record:

A whole lap short.

1 lap. Thats got to sting.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Box Hill Strangler posted:

*Mostly referring to Australia.

This is a good post.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

serious gaylord posted:

Except he did it at Aguascalientes, which I believe is higher elevation than wherever switzerland, so it's more like 1.5 laps :colbert:

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

serious gaylord posted:

It's in line with his performance after he stopped doping

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
When's Wiggins scheduled for his hour attempt?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Deadly Hume posted:

When's Wiggins scheduled for his hour attempt?

Not until next winter now I believe.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I hope Spartacus smashes all the babby times we are seeing now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Tony Martin is the guy I want to see do it. He's metronomic and knows how to suffer.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Today in cycling marketing:

(Translation: "Who will squeeze them in Harelbeke?")

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Pocket posted:

I hope Spartacus smashes all the babby times we are seeing now.

I thought he said he wasn't going to do it now since they changed all the rules

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Troy Queef posted:

Is E3 the one that has traditionally had those adds? Including the one with the old lady?

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
L'Equipe is reporting that the UCI has asked for Astana's racing license to be withdrawn, based on the report from the independent audit of the team they commissioned at the beginning of the year.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Troy Queef posted:

Its a good ad tbh

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

serious gaylord posted:

Tony Martin is the guy I want to see do it. He's metronomic and knows how to suffer.
Agreed here. I sort of dig everyone having a go at the record (I'd really like to see how Cancellara would go as well) but at some point you want someone to set a proper benchmark with the new rules and Martin would be the guy to do it.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Jamsque posted:

L'Equipe is reporting that the UCI has asked for Astana's racing license to be withdrawn, based on the report from the independent audit of the team they commissioned at the beginning of the year.
I'm not holding my breath.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Astana will go 'lol yeah, nah' and UCI will go 'welp we tried :shrug: ' and life will go on.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Box Hill Strangler posted:

Astana will go 'lol yeah, nah' and UCI will go 'welp we tried :shrug: ' and life will go on.

The Equipe article suggests that this is how Astana thought it was going to go down, and then the audit team started making serious requests for information and Astana commenced to making GBS threads their pants and trying to stonewall.

http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/the-uci-requests-withdrawal-astana-pro-team-licence/

quote:

In addition, the Italian authorities have provided the UCI with the sections of the Padova investigation which it has been authorized to share. As some evidence concerns Astana Pro Team members, the file has been passed to the Licence Commission as part of this referral.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jamsque posted:

Nothing will happen. The farce of professional cycling will continue on. I'll still watch it.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

The Deadly Hume posted:

Agreed here. I sort of dig everyone having a go at the record (I'd really like to see how Cancellara would go as well) but at some point you want someone to set a proper benchmark with the new rules and Martin would be the guy to do it.

Does Martin have any sort of track history? I'm a big Martin fan and if anyone could do it right now, it would be him far and away, but being used to keeping the line/turning left/never stopping pedalling can be big benefits.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wiggins and Martin are the only two I really want to see have a go. Wiggins because of his track history and that he'd spend all year getting ready for it so absolutely do his best, and Martin because hes a machine and I love watching him destroy people.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

omelette het newsblat and kurne brussels kurne are this weekend, just in case you guys didnt know

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:chord:

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Finally something on the telly.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I thought he said he wasn't going to do it now since they changed all the rules

One of his arguments for the old setup was to compare himself to Merckx. Well, if you can't beat Wiggins or Martin, you probably can't beat Merckx, specialized position or no.

Does Wiggins or Merckx have more experience on the track?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

One of his arguments for the old setup was to compare himself to Merckx. Well, if you can't beat Wiggins or Martin, you probably can't beat Merckx, specialized position or no.

Does Wiggins or Merckx have more experience on the track?

Wiggins I think?

Merckx rode track for fun and enjoyment in the offseason, being Belgian, (and to stack more wins). So he did Madison/points race/etc.

Wiggins started in track and specifically trained for pursuit. So his is a more direct transfer.

But Merckx is literally the bike Terminator from the future so ymmv.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I thought Merckx won so much because he was a well funded doped rider in a field of amateurs

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pocket posted:

I thought Merckx won so much because he was a well funded doped rider in a field of amateurs

I don't know about the doping, but definately the level of professionalism had something to do with his dominance. It's the same for all sports, Nascar, baseball, cricket etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

You're not meant to say it though.