Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Any idea why when I try to merge plugins with the latest FNVEdit, it tells me my xEdit is out of date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

rex monday posted:

Any idea why when I try to merge plugins with the latest FNVEdit, it tells me my xEdit is out of date?

The version on the nexus, 3.0.32, is too older for the latest 1.8 merge script which needs 3.0.33 or newer. They only post download links to it in the nexus forums WIP/feedback/whatever section. Here is the latest.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
None of the SweetFX presets at http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/70/ look very good. Is there something I'm missing for SweetFX here, what's the point?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I keep getting out of memory errors. Is there a quick fix for this? Might just be Too Many Dudes On Screen, but it's a drat good computer, so it should be able to handle that.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

BurritoJustice posted:

The version on the nexus, 3.0.32, is too older for the latest 1.8 merge script which needs 3.0.33 or newer. They only post download links to it in the nexus forums WIP/feedback/whatever section. Here is the latest.

Thanks, got it working now.

Is there any decent way to make the faces not look like lumpy potato sacks. I tried FCO but I wasn't really happy with it other than the face I made for my own character, so I'm considering just doing that. For instance, is Hall of Face any good? It just seems to increase the textures on the standard lump faces. Has anyone tried TFH Rugged Race? The pictures for that one seem silly.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bogart posted:

I keep getting out of memory errors. Is there a quick fix for this? Might just be Too Many Dudes On Screen, but it's a drat good computer, so it should be able to handle that.

Are you using some version of the FNV4GB executable so that NV can use more RAM?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

"We need somebody to hit that switch, but the radiation in the chamber will kill an ordinary human!"

"Okay, I have a robot...a ghoul...and a super mutant. I can just send one of them in! Easy peasy!"

Narrator: You can't do that, you goddamn coward.

To be fair, they probably couldn't call Ron Perlman back to record some new lines, and the other voice-over just doesn't fit. Of course, that doesn't really change the fact that the ending is fundamentally a turd, but...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As much as I do appreciate 3 I would say that the ending is probably the worst part of it. The way the game mocks you for choosing logic over your Liam Neeson Dad's final wishes is a bit mean. Broken Steel... sorta fixes it, but by that point the original ending has already happened so it's a bit too late :shrug:

It's a good thing Tale of Two Wastelands lets you end with NV! :v:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 27, 2015

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

CJacobs posted:

As much as I do appreciate 3 I would say that the ending is probably the worst part of it. The way the game mocks you for choosing logic over your Liam Neeson Dad's final wishes is a bit mean. Broken Steel... sorta fixes it, but by that point the original ending has already happened so it's a bit too late :shrug:

Fallout 3 is one of my most-played games and back when I got it it was pretty much my most treasured game.

The ending is loving horrendous.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Mosnar posted:

tl;dr: Lore plus more difficult

Well that's not so bad, I can roleplay my way around that.

CJacobs posted:

TTW does include post-irradiated water purifier play but not post-dam play?

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

"We need somebody to hit that switch, but the radiation in the chamber will kill an ordinary human!"

"Okay, I have a robot...a ghoul...and a super mutant. I can just send one of them in! Easy peasy!"

Narrator: You can't do that, you goddamn coward.

Especially hilarious when the narrator in Broken Steel talks about the "true heroism" of someone who made no sacrifice whatsoever if you send a radiation-proof companion to activate Project Purity.

Saint Sputnik posted:

TTW does include post-irradiated water purifier play but not post-dam play?
It does not. Project Purity just removes the radiation from a small area in front of the Jefferson Memorial. Fallout New Vegas' ending changes everything in the wasteland and Obsidian had neither the time nor the money to create a way to play past that ending that made any sense.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 27, 2015

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

chitoryu12 posted:

Funny enough, Fallout 3 was the first in the series to actually have less emphasis on the main quest. The first two games set a hard time limit (though it's really hard to time out Fallout 2; it's something like a 15 in-game year limit before Arroyo croaks)

Fallout 2 had to have a time limit because it was using the same engine as F1 and a time limit was hard coded into it or something. They made the limit 13 years or so to make sure there was no way a normal player would ever reach it.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Now I want to play Fallout 2 again.

I converted Owned! 3.0 to TTW.

You can find it here.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

2house2fly posted:

Fallout 2 had to have a time limit because it was using the same engine as F1 and a time limit was hard coded into it or something. They made the limit 13 years or so to make sure there was no way a normal player would ever reach it.

Instead of 5000 days, I would have put in 65535 or whatever is the highest value the data field can represent.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Up to 359 packages, 130 active/97 virtual mods w/ bashed patch for TTW. TTW WMX, Project Nevada full w/ TTW support, TTW Interiors, CCO/jsawyer, and Mart's Monster Mod. It is amazing how much smoother FO3 runs in the FNV engine.

Another couple of nights of play testing and I'll be able to finally play through again :smith:

I just need to find a way to create new presets for Project Nevada's rebalance and I'll be set.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 27, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Does Liam Neeson's face actually change to have a family resemblance to your character because I've played FO3's beginning a few times and he always looked the same despite what a guide once told me.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Not sure but I've just been running through with the default face when starting a new game for testing purposes.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Woolie Wool posted:

Does Liam Neeson's face actually change to have a family resemblance to your character because I've played FO3's beginning a few times and he always looked the same despite what a guide once told me.

It depends on your race. The Asian, Hispanic, and White dads all look basically the same.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Woolie Wool posted:

It does not. Project Purity just removes the radiation from a small area in front of the Jefferson Memorial. Fallout New Vegas' ending changes everything in the wasteland and Obsidian had neither the time nor the money to create a way to play past that ending that made any sense.

It was at least on the table at some point, as a significant number of ambient dialogue and Radio New Vegas audio tags exist for a post-endgame environment.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

A lot of awesome things in New Vegas had to be cut, such a shame. :sigh:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Woolie Wool posted:

A lot of awesome things in New Vegas had to be cut, such a shame. :sigh:

Yeah, here's what we know have been cut, mostly based on stuff found in the game files.

It's not a small list.

EDIT:This site also has quite a bit. Not sure how big the overlap is.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 27, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Moburma, the guy behind Freeside Open and the Uncut mods has a blog with even more nonsense that was cut -

https://moburma.wordpress.com/

I think some of the stuff can be added back in.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I couldn't even get through ThaumPenguin's list. :smithicide:

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
It kind of sucks that the narrative nature of games demands that only one major version of a particular game ever gets made, so features that don't make the first public release can only ever get worked on in patches. To avoid despair we should probably focus on the positives of this unique situation!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Woolie Wool posted:

I couldn't even get through ThaumPenguin's list. :smithicide:

Took me days.

I tried checking how long it was by copy-pasting it into OpenOffice, but it only copied over the first 15 pages, stopping in the middle of a sentence.

Why did you have to give them so little time, Bethesda? :(

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 27, 2015

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

On the other hand, you have to look at it from the perspective that some things were probably cut for a reason. A lot of it had to be scaled back because of console limitations and deadlines, but some stuff was cut simply because it didn't work or fit with the game too.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Seashell Salesman posted:

It kind of sucks that the narrative nature of games demands that only one major version of a particular game ever gets made, so features that don't make the first public release can only ever get worked on in patches. To avoid despair we should probably focus on the positives of this unique situation!

This is why I have such high hopes for Pillars of Eternity - because of the single platform.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

ThaumPenguin posted:

Yeah, here's what we know have been cut, mostly based on stuff found in the game files.

Read all of this. Took about 3 hours. I found it interesting how generic NPCs disappeared over time as the patches/DLC got added. Gotta trim the fat somewhere to get under 512mbs!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Gyshall posted:

This is why I have such high hopes for Pillars of Eternity - because of the single platform.

aaaaaalmost there :getin:

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Gyshall posted:

Up to 359 packages, 130 active/97 virtual mods w/ bashed patch for TTW. TTW WMX, Project Nevada full w/ TTW support, TTW Interiors, CCO/jsawyer, and Mart's Monster Mod. It is amazing how much smoother FO3 runs in the FNV engine.

Another couple of nights of play testing and I'll be able to finally play through again :smith:

I just need to find a way to create new presets for Project Nevada's rebalance and I'll be set.

Could you dump a Wrye Flash mod list? I'm deadly curious.

Hell if your upload speeds are up to it a zip of your /mods/ and /profile/ folders from MO would work too :science:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Took forever to get a combination of Realistic Wasteland Lighting and TTW patches to work. I was getting a near-total whiteout in Freeside with one version checked, and couldn't get the green tint out of DC till I unticked the darker nights add-on esp. I was afraid I'd have to go through my birth again but I just pop out into a train station in DC and get all the DLC pop-ups for FO3, and then murdered by super mutants when I step foot outside.

Anyway. I like the biker jacket outfit from this zzjay mod but thought the texture was drab so I put together something more photorealistic.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

How do I get to Lombard Station? I've got it installed, I just have no idea how/where to go.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

How do I get to Lombard Station? I've got it installed, I just have no idea how/where to go.

Holotape on the floor in the Goodsprings saloon, key's on a body in Jean's Sky Diving. Lombard itself is in a cave up the road past the gas station where you find Ringo.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Internet Wizard posted:

Go to Jean Sky Diving. There's a holotape there that'll put it on your map. Bring some dynamite.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Gyshall posted:

That would help with stuff they just couldn't get working on one platform out of n. Though it's still not like any other kind of software where if a (large) feature slips for release 2.0 you can just get it working for 3.0.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Seashell Salesman posted:

That would help with stuff they just couldn't get working on one platform out of n. Though it's still not like any other kind of software where if a (large) feature slips for release 2.0 you can just get it working for 3.0.

Good thing there's already an expansion planned :) also no loving console limitations

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Saint Sputnik posted:

Took forever to get a combination of Realistic Wasteland Lighting and TTW patches to work. I was getting a near-total whiteout in Freeside with one version checked, and couldn't get the green tint out of DC till I unticked the darker nights add-on esp. I was afraid I'd have to go through my birth again but I just pop out into a train station in DC and get all the DLC pop-ups for FO3, and then murdered by super mutants when I step foot outside.

Anyway. I like the biker jacket outfit from this zzjay mod but thought the texture was drab so I put together something more photorealistic.

Jeez pull your pants up.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That mod has something interesting in it and I wonder if anyone could make it. Would it be possible to mash up the breastplate from the NCR armor over top of something like the Merc Grunt clothes?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Jeez pull your pants up.

You should see the buttcrack in back, it's pretty silly. I can at least cover that up. There's something wrong with every model I want to use; that guy who keeps making T6 conversions adapted the male gambler suits to women, which look cool but they all have a ridiculously huge rear end + boobs. I'm trying to make something a western bounty hunter would look good in.

Arcsquad12 posted:

That mod has something interesting in it and I wonder if anyone could make it. Would it be possible to mash up the breastplate from the NCR armor over top of something like the Merc Grunt clothes?

There are individual accessory mods that give you the breastplate as a seperate piece, that you can just wear over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Saint Sputnik posted:

There are individual accessory mods that give you the breastplate as a seperate piece, that you can just wear over it.

What would that be called? I'm drawing a blank. Tailor Maid?