Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm glad Homeland continued after season 1 because we got some pretty great stuff afterwards. It's just mixed in with some bullshit but if you're used to watching 24 it's pretty much in the same ballpark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Allegiance is on and it was actually interesting last week.

cebrail posted:

Was this the gaudiest product placement in TV history? I'm trying to think of anything else, but I can't. I mean, there were things like the O.C. episode about the T-Mobile Sidekick which is hilarious when you watch it today, and Community had the Subway stuff, but even when they made fun of it and went super over the top it still wasn't as much as this Modern Family episode.

There was an episode of Hawaii Five-0 where the large Samoan informant (whose name escapes me) talked about how "Dis Subway five dolla footlong is helpin' me lose weight like crazy, bradda! It's got all the meats, cheeses, and veggies a guy like me could want!". The only thing he didn't do was break the fourth wall.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

VDay posted:

I didn't mind it for what it was, but the ending fell flat for me. Her doing spy stuff while trying to hide from SSR was pretty interesting/fun. Her being accepted back with a cliche slow-clap scene followed by them quickly dispatching the bad guys and saving the day just reminded me of early season 1 AoS and all their inconsequential adventures. I wonder if them not being sure whether this is going to be a one-time thing or a continued series had anything to do with the bland ending. Maybe they would've done something more interesting or something that actually tied into SHIELD more if they had no plans to potentially make more episodes next year.

We do not if Leviathan is going to tie in to the second half of SHIELD.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

CBJSprague24 posted:

There was an episode of Hawaii Five-0 where the large Samoan informant (whose name escapes me) talked about how "Dis Subway five dolla footlong is helpin' me lose weight like crazy, bradda! It's got all the meats, cheeses, and veggies a guy like me could want!". The only thing he didn't do was break the fourth wall.

Stretch this out to an hour an you have your average episode of The Biggest Loser.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
I think Royal Pains might have the most egregious product placement, though White Collar's proselytizing of Ford comes in a close second.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFIrmOAMqxg

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Cougar Town combined Subway product placement and Community in one scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhHMevIkl7g

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Do I go to your house and piss on your cornflakes? :mad:

Powers chat: Oh, it starts in March? I thought I saw something on the little little ticker in the XMB that said something about the show, must've been some exra content or somethig.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is there any series that had a worse sophomore slump than Heroes?

Heroes's sophomore slump is wildly overstated. It actually fell off a cliff in season 3.

But to answer your question: Sleepy Hollow, Black Dynamite, and Masterchef Jr just this season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is Fargo available anywhere to watch? I'm looking for some news to check out and that's been on my radar but I can't seem to find it on Netflix/Amazon Prime.

Same with Hannibal. Is that anywhere to watch? I planned to get into S2 once I caught up on S1 but I never saw it pop up anywhere.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What the gently caress was with Rollo ! His OCD got the better of him

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008
Hannibal season 2 will probably show up some time on Amazon Prime after the third season has started to air, or around its start date.

As for Fargo, it's going to be on Hulu some time before the second season starts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How does a reality show fall off?

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Aphrodite posted:

Most of the characters from the first season didn't come back so they had to drop a lot of the plotlines. There's practically no continuity between the two.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Aphrodite posted:

A hundred different ways. Casting, stakes, live direction when applicable, scandals. Specifically with MCJr it was the casting and editing.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

Is Fargo available anywhere to watch? I'm looking for some news to check out and that's been on my radar but I can't seem to find it on Netflix/Amazon Prime.

Same with Hannibal. Is that anywhere to watch? I planned to get into S2 once I caught up on S1 but I never saw it pop up anywhere.

I have only made three purchases on Amazon Prime, and two of them were Hannibal Season 2 and Fargo.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Watch the Honourable Woman if you want to enjoy Homeland in one season.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Fargo's first episode was pretty great, also I've realized I've seen the movie, though I don't remember much about it besides that it stars Steve Buscemi and Peter Stormare.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
There's one specific plot point that ties the show to the movie (you may or may not recognize it when you come across it), but otherwise the show is its own thing and it won't make much of a difference if you don't remember the movie well.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Sleeveless posted:

Stretch this out to an hour an you have your average episode of The Biggest Loser.

I thought Biggest Loser eps were two painful hours long.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
RIP Leonard Nimoy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

xeria posted:

RIP Leonard Nimoy

Oh no :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

xeria posted:

RIP Leonard Nimoy

Well that sucks. :\

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Ugh, when these vague stories about older actors having "chest pains" come out, I always expect the worst. :(

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Somewhere up there, Katsulas and Nimoy are having a smoke together and laughing at us poor saps. Guess it's time for a TOS rewatch.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

hcreight posted:

Ugh, when these vague stories about older actors having "chest pains" come out, I always expect the worst. :(

As though we needed another reminder that smoking is really, really bad for you.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

xeria posted:

RIP Leonard Nimoy

part of you expects it, the rest is Noooooooooooo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Timby posted:

As though we needed another reminder that smoking is really, really bad for you.

He was 83 man.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

zoux posted:

He was 83 man.

He quit smoking three decades ago and still died of COPD. You get three guesses as to how he got COPD.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Kelley, Doohan, Nimoy :smith:

I watched TOS during it's original airing. I was a little kid, but I wanted to be Scotty and have friends like Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. I wasn't the only person the crew inspired.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Saloot, Lemon Nenoy.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Timby posted:

He quit smoking three decades ago and still died of COPD. You get three guesses as to how he got COPD.

Let's be a little more upbeat shall we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Heroes's sophomore slump is wildly overstated. It actually fell off a cliff in season 3.

But to answer your question: Sleepy Hollow, Black Dynamite, and Masterchef Jr just this season.

It's really disappointing how bad season 2 of Black Dynamite was.

hope and vaseline posted:

Somewhere up there, Katsulas and Nimoy are having a smoke together and laughing at us poor saps. Guess it's time for a TOS rewatch.

No doubt some cable channel will be doing a marathon this weekend. I'm kind of surprised MeTV or Antenna TV hasn't pre-empted their entire schedule for it already, I can't remember which but one of them had a weekend marathon of the loving Monkees when Davy Jones died a couple of years ago.

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 27, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I know he's been in a ton of stuff, but the only thing I really knew him from was Fringe. He was great in that though. Seems like he had had a good long life though and that's good.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

So any early watchers have impressions of House of Cards S3? Any better than S2? Sepinwall and Fienberg really ripped the first three episodes on their podcast yesterday.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On episode 5 and I like em as much as the last season if not more. Lars Mikkelsen as the clear Putin analogue is the best character so far.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

I mostly hated S2 after the premiere, I take it I probably won't care for this season either?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Probably. Frank becoming President hasn't made it as exciting as I hoped it would outside of the Russia stuff. Like he's still fighting the same people but now it's to keep his job instead it get it.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

raditts posted:

It's really disappointing how bad season 2 of Black Dynamite was.

It instantly went from one of my favorite things to watch to something I pretended wasn't on anymore. I gave up after about 5 eps (the last one I remember was The Hungry Games or whatever that was actually called). It's like they kept the voice cast and replaced every other creative with the writers room of Dads, perhaps one of whom had seen the source film. Hell, even the thread here vanished.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Timby posted:

He died of being old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Deadpool posted:

I know he's been in a ton of stuff, but the only thing I really knew him from was Fringe. He was great in that though. Seems like he had had a good long life though and that's good.

Oh yeah never watched ST besides the reboot but he was great in Fringe.

zoux posted:

He died of being old.

Early 80s isn't that old an age to die nowadays.

• Locked thread