Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Butt Detective posted:

While you're at it, make sure all women's trousers get decent pockets too. :( I don't know why these people seem to think we don't need pockets.

We can't be trusted not to put bulky poo poo in our pockets and spoil the line of our clothes! :byodame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I'm pretty sure if I ran for president on the platform of standardizing women's sizes, wherein you'd always be the same size no matter what store you shopped at, I'd be voted in by a landslide, regardless of where I stand on other issues.

The random and ever increasing dress sizes mean that all sorts of women can claim they wear the same dress size as Marilyn Monroe even though size 12 has increased by about 12 inches in the waist since the 1950s (or something like that). If you take that away from them they'll lynch you.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Butt Detective posted:

While you're at it, make sure all women's trousers get decent pockets too. :( I don't know why these people seem to think we don't need pockets.

Apparently, in the year 2015, for all our technological advancements, fashion designers still haven't figured out how to create pockets for women that lie in a way that looks flattering AND can contain more than a lipstick. They excuse themselves with the idea that we all have purses and therefore shouldn't need pockets, and then try to sell absurdly overpriced sacks to people

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jesus Christ, ladies! Pockets? What are you going to demand next? Right to vote?

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I have never owned a purse in my life and don't care if my hips look lumpy. I just want a place to keep my phone and keys and occasionally my 3DS when I'm out and about. :saddowns:

As for content, here's a new story from the same person who gave us the nerf gun STDH:

quote:

Alright so Josh hates this story because he says he will be eternally disappointed in me because he thinks I should have killed the guy.

Alright so it was like a Tuesday night I was home with this guy Brad was high as balls in his room, Kyle was studying, Paul was out on a date and Eric and Josh were out running errands. Brad has his lights off because he’s got this moving LED night light thing and he’s laying on the floor just watching it shift around. Kyle has his shades drawn so you can’t tell his room has lights on, and I have my lights off because of reasons. So from outside, it looks like nobody’s home.

So this guy had come to a couple of our house parties. I found him once trying to get into Josh’s room but I like to try to see the best in people so I just kind of assumed he was lost and brushed it off. In retrospect, for his safety I probably should have started something about it because then he wouldn’t have tried breaking in, but whatever he made the decisions he dealt with the consequences.

The consequences here being an arrow in the rear end.

So anyways he thought there wasn’t anyone home so he figured that would be the perfect time to break in. So I’m in my room with this guy and I hear a window break down the hall, and basically immediately Kyle sends me a text saying he hears someone in the hall. I text him back asking him what he has, and he tells me he has a bat and a switchblade, which makes me disappointed in him for not having better weapons, and then question myself because I expect my roommates to be heavily armed.

So I go into my closet and I grab my quiver and my bow and I text him that I’ll meet him at his door.

So important information: I’m really good with a bow because I used to bow hunt constantly. Every year, I would go to Pennsylvania to visit my cousins, and every year while I was there, I would go out in the woods with my cousin and his neighbors and we would hunt. We would spend a week out in the woods, and everyone would hunt for their own food. I started going with them before they thought I was old enough to safely use a gun, so instead they always made me use a bow, and you get really good at bow hunting when missing means going hungry for the night.

The bow I owned then was a present from these guys, a custom made carbon fiber recurve with a steel core piece and a +gauge bowstring. The carbon fiber kept it light, which allowed for a small steel core to increase flex resistance. The +gauge string, which increased flex resistance even more, which meant that if I got to a full draw on my bow I was firing arrows at insane speeds.

So back to the apartment, I’m creeping down the hall and Kyle is waiting in the door of his room and he indicates that whoever is in our house is in the spare room where we keep our band poo poo. So we creep down the hall and I take a stance and I draw back fully and Kyle grabs the handle and throws the door open.

So I see this guy and I don’t recognize him so my brain’s like “yup, you should shoot him” so I stop my breathing to make sure I hit him and in that half second I realize two very important things.

I’m fully drawn back
I’m aimed at the back of his head
So if I let go I’m going to loving kill this guy and I’m pretty sure that it’s not worth it so I try to loosen my draw which is really loving hard and I’m bringing the bow down so I don’t kill him and I think I was trying to shoot him in the leg but here’s the thing: the combination of trying to loosen my draw, aiming somewhere else, and the realization that I was a twitch away from murdering a dude made me uncomfortable and when I’m uncomfortable I make weird noises.

So this guy is rummaging through a box of cables when he hears what sounds like someone making GBS threads themselves behind him, so he starts to turn. But him turning triggers me to release the arrow and I realize a tiny bit too late where I was pointing.

The next part literally felt like slow motion to me I watch the arrow launch off of my bow and I watch it sail gracefully through the air and I watch this guy blissfully unaware of what’s about to happen to him and I see just shock and surprise on his face as my arrow hits him directly in the center of the rear end.

So obviously there’s now screaming and bleeding and bad times and the guy I was with comes out of my room and he’s like “what’s going on” and I’m like “I just shot a dude in the rear end” and he’s like “hey you were going to shoot me in the rear end” and I’m like “no I literally shot a dude in the rear end call an ambulance” so he calls an ambulance and they show up and take him to the hospital and my arrow went through his anus and punctured his intestines and tore his scrotum open dude got hosed up. So for the rest of the year the other guys thought it was hilarious like I literally shot him in the butthole yeah they never let that one go.

I just realized I never got my arrow back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't something like that have ended up involving the police? :psyduck:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Her arrows are just too fast for the police to show up.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Dude is Oliver McQueen. I believe it.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Butt Detective posted:

As for content, here's a new story from the same person who gave us the nerf gun STDH:

Standard fare nerdy stdh until this bit:

quote:

my arrow went through his anus and punctured his intestines and tore his scrotum open dude got hosed up

Really? Is that some sort of coup de grace for the story?

Not only was I about to expertly insta-kill a guy with a bow (which I am super skilled at and I hunt elephants in my spare time), but I decide not to kill him with a fatal head shot (which, again, I totally was about to and could do if I wanted), but instead hit him in the rear end. Not only the rear end, but the arrow literally parted his buttocks, cut in to his sphincter, entered his colon, curved slightly upwards in his intestines, and proceeded to exit out of his testicles. I guess I'm even better than I thought. The guys never let me forget how awesome I am either. :smuggo:

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

In the same house, sounds like someone broke in, lets text each other and sneak through the house to find him. Lets not yell "Who's there?" and scare the guy off.

So I'm guessing this person got robbed in the middle of the night and the person was never caught so they thought up this amazing revenge story to tell people.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I gave a guy genital injury trauma and put him at risk for infection from a perforated bowel and potential anal incontinence, the boys won't let me hear the end of it! Motherfucker messed with the wrong crew's box of cables!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
"A bat and a switch blade?! You couldn't kill even a gaijin with those! Come, let me show you my hanzo recurve steel!" :smuggo:

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Megham

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I always take pictures of my car as I walk towards it too.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Leon Einstein posted:

I always take pictures of my car as I walk towards it too.

And that car's name... Leon Einstein

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

What he didn't see was that every other car there had the same note.

silencekit
May 1, 2014

Is it just me or is that a weird way to hold a piece of paper?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Even if this was true, which it isn't, what points is he trying to score?
"so a GIRL likes my car, and wants to hang out with me for my car only, since she doesn't know anything about me, including what I look like. I'm cool and this is totally not me showing off my car or just asking to have my liver forcibly removed "

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

CombatBonta-kun posted:

On a similar note, I remember a story an old coworker of mine told me that smelled like STDH.

As the story was told, he was driving through a flat, rural area with almost no traffic, so most people were doing about 65-90+ on a 55mph road. Apparently though, the "This Area is Patrolled by Aircraft" signs were legit because a few weeks later he received a ticket in the mail for doing 75mph. The ticket was large enough that he decided to fight it as he was never pulled over and thought he could prove it wasn't him.

The day he goes to court it looked like about 40 people had the same thought that he had since they were all there to challenge their tickets. Court begins and the judge decides to flip a coin to see if he will be going A through Z or Z through A. It lands on tails so he will being hearing people Z though A. My coworker is pissed since his last name started with C and he thought he would be out quickly, but now is afternoon is shot.

The first person steps up to plead their case. The judge doesn't care and they have to pay the whole fine. Next person up, same thing. About 5 people in, some guy is called up. He just smiles and asks if the ticketing officer is present. The judge says no. The guy's smile gets even bigger as he states that if the ticketing officer is not present, he cannot prove that the ticket was issued to the correct person and therefore, the ticket has to be dropped. The judge sighs and drops the ticket right there. Everyone in the courtroom that was waiting to challenge their ticket begin to talk amongst themselves. The next person is called up and asks the same question and their ticket is dropped, the next person does the same and so on and so on. Within 15 minutes, the remaining tickets are dropped. After everyone has left the courtroom, the who first guy who got his ticket dropped starts passing his business card to everyone that was still in the courthouse. Of course, he was a lawyer that specialized in driving related issues.

Now I can't say if this happened or not, but it just didn't pass the smell test (if it smells like poo poo, it is probably poo poo).
Aircraft traffic enforcement involves the pilot clocking the driver's speed, radioing it to a patrol car, and confirming the patrol car is pulling over the right vehicle. How did the coworker think they got his license plate number?

Butt Detective posted:

If you put things in your pockets we can't leer at your curves effectively.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Butt Detective posted:

"Real-life" Oliver Queen

Don't aim for the leg dummy, there's a lot of important blood vessels in there! Actually the safest place to get shot is in the butt-cheek because there's nothing really important in there. Now you know what to say when a bad guy is threatening you with a gun and asking you "Where do you want it?" Why, that happened to me just last Tuesday! :smug:

E: of course I took him out with my Krav Maga skills; he never had a chance to shoot me. Everybody clapped and I married the arresting officer.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
To be fair, men's clothes are all measured in inches, but good luck finding two companies that actually measure an inch the same. I have like a 4 inch range I need to try on to find the right fit for jeans.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The best part is their mini flashback to Huntin' Camp. Now I don't know how it works in PA admittedly but I'm pretty sure most places gun and bow hunting have different seasons so the blaze orange rednecks don't shoot the camo rednecks.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Assuming it's real, the best case scenerio is she's a gold digger who's either desperate or has low standards (maybe both).

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Just remember that good looking women don't need gimmicks to meet men.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

MizPiz posted:

Assuming it's real, the best case scenerio is she's a gold digger who's either desperate or has low standards (maybe both).

No no you guys, she's a COOL girl who likes CARS she's not like one of those OTHER girls who only like makeup and rom coms know what I mean?

Butt Detective posted:

I have never owned a purse in my life and don't care if my hips look lumpy. I just want a place to keep my phone and keys and occasionally my 3DS when I'm out and about. :saddowns:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't something like that have ended up involving the police? :psyduck:

Alright so alright so so so well so so so then...seriously maybe don't start every paragraph with "So,..."

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

To be fair, men's clothes are all measured in inches, but good luck finding two companies that actually measure an inch the same. I have like a 4 inch range I need to try on to find the right fit for jeans.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/scientific-community-baffled-by-man-whose-waist-32,36157/

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

silencekit posted:

It's just you

The fingers behind the paper are pushing the fold forward so that it looks flat and can be photographed well

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't think it's that women's trouser have no pockets because they're for women. I wear skinny jeans and they have awful pockets because they're skinny jeans, sometimes I have to squeeze my phone out of them like toothpaste.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I don't think it's that women's trouser have no pockets because they're for women. I wear skinny jeans and they have awful pockets because they're skinny jeans, sometimes I have to squeeze my phone out of them like toothpaste.

No trousers for women have proper pockets. It is by no means limited to anythign labeled "skinny" or "form-fitting." Apparently those adjectives are just assumed

edit: Because this is PYF, let me preface and ask please don't start posting amazon links to women's pants that happen to have pockets that are suitable for actual use. Everyone knows those do exist, but the pocketless thing's a well known phenomenon and we don't need to trot out the exceptions to the rule in some sort of contrarian need to find the one apple that is green instead of red

sweeperbravo has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Feb 27, 2015

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

EmmyOk posted:

I don't know, it's not just skinny jeans. Most of my dress slacks have tiny worthless pockets, and the ones that don't have fake pockets. As in, little slits that look like pockets, but they are sewn shut and there are no actual pocket in the pant leg. Granted, it's been over a year since I've needed to invest in dress pants but I have a hunch it hasn't changed much.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

sweeperbravo posted:

No trousers for women have proper pockets. It is by no means limited to anythign labeled "skinny" or "form-fitting." Apparently those adjectives are just assumed

edit: Because this is PYF, let me preface and ask please don't start posting amazon links to women's pants that happen to have pockets that are suitable for actual use. Everyone knows those do exist, but the pocketless thing's a well known phenomenon and we don't need to trot out the exceptions to the rule in some sort of contrarian need to find the one apple that is green instead of red

Eh don't be dumb if I can find one pair of trousers I'll disprove you entirely! Furthermore...

E: The designer who came up with fake pockets should be shot

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Great, now I want to find pictures of my ex's JNCO jeans from the 90s. For those who aren't familiar, they're basically the zoot suit of pants; denim, extremely baggy (to the point of going to the floor and completely covering shoes, many pockets large enough to fit literal laptops

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Pththya-lyi posted:

Don't aim for the leg dummy, there's a lot of important blood vessels in there! Actually the safest place to get shot is in the butt-cheek because there's nothing really important in there. Now you know what to say when a bad guy is threatening you with a gun and asking you "Where do you want it?" Why, that happened to me just last Tuesday! :smug:

E: of course I took him out with my Krav Maga skills; he never had a chance to shoot me. Everybody clapped and I married the arresting officer.

You told a strange man to shoot it in your rear end?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Eh don't be dumb if I can find one pair of trousers I'll disprove you entirely! Furthermore...

E: The designer who came up with fake pockets should be shot

I will say I was really glad the other day when a pair of pants I thought had fake pockets (or possibly none at all, I don't remember) actually does have real pockets that are big enough to actually fit my phone :shobon: (granted i don't have a smartphone so it's not that big of a pocket but they're useful enough for my purposes). And i didn't even have to rip apart stitching to access them like you do with some pants :)

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

silencekit posted:

Chris Muir has weirder

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I checked the nerf gun/rear end arrow guy's blog, and it's pretty much a goldmine of anecdotes that are so embellished they're honestly kind of annoying to read. It's here if anyone wants to check it out.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
A lot of women cut the pockets out of their pants so there's no extra bulk in the hip/thigh area, too. My mom used to. Then she'd sew them closed again.

It pisses me off when the pants have a fake pocket detail sewn on, but no actual pockets. I do not understand why the gently caress they do that.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I wish dungarees looked cool, they were great for storage with the big front pocket when I was a kid. Granted I only kept worms and shiny bits of metal in there.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I wish dungarees looked cool, they were great for storage with the big front pocket when I was a kid. Granted I only kept worms and shiny bits of metal in there.

"Is he talking about his loving internet money again? " "Just humor him honey, it's better than the ponies at least"

• Locked thread