Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Peppi found a lot of those picks through the game though, he really punished the flanking and overstaying from a whole bunch of H2K members.

Giants... they still feel like a challenger team I think. I'd like to see them continue to improve though.

EULCS is almost starting to become watchable again. Mah Gawd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Sexpansion posted:

Started Ryu this week :)

Yeah I started Odo. I hope I can finally win a game this week. He should just never pick anything other than Maokai unless he has to, he cranked super hard on that.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

mistaya posted:

EULCS is almost starting to become watchable again. Mah Gawd.

you should watch more of huni
that tiny man sounds like a bundle of fun

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
man does anyone else have this thing with the fantasy LCS site - even though i'm logged in, everything still tells me to log-in and i can't edit any poo poo. it's really annoying.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I don't get how prolly is a coach, isn't his claim to fame being kicked off complexity?

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

I don't get how prolly is a coach, isn't his claim to fame being kicked off complexity?

Yeah, not sure either. I actually like him slightly more as a coach (I hated him as a player), but he still gives off a really slimy vibe sometimes.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
if you don't absolutely love prolly, you can gently caress right off

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Flipswitch posted:

The qualifications for a coach are basically:

* have professional playing experience or research a lot of stuff
* have analytical thoughts about the game and share those thoughts with the team in lobby

For all but the top teams its a completely brand new position in Western competitive play and without behind the scenes insight into the teams it is really hard to evaluate how any coach is doing good or bad.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

if you don't absolutely love prolly, you can gently caress right off
don't get me wrong i like the guy but he seems such a weird choice

Libertine posted:

The qualifications for a coach are basically:

* have professional playing experience or research a lot of stuff
* have analytical thoughts about the game and share those thoughts with the team in lobby

For all but the top teams its a completely brand new position in Western competitive play and without behind the scenes insight into the teams it is really hard to evaluate how any coach is doing good or bad.
I hadn't actually thought of this either, I guess there isn't exactly a large pool to choose from when it comes to coaches. You can either choose a player who isn't on a team or go with a complete unknown I suppose?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

CW going all in on the 'get Soren and/or Freeze fed' plan.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

I hadn't actually thought of this either, I guess there isn't exactly a large pool to choose from when it comes to coaches. You can either choose a player who isn't on a team or go with a complete unknown I suppose?

well you could also get a random dude from dota 2 who never watches replays

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I don't like either team's composition in this draft. Not a fan of double ADC on Fnatic when CW has so much lockdown, and not a fan of Zilean in any scenario or giving up Rumble to Fnatic.

Should be a bloodbath.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Libertine posted:

I don't like either team's composition in this draft. Not a fan of double ADC on Fnatic when CW has so much lockdown, and not a fan of Zilean in any scenario or giving up Rumble to Fnatic.

Should be a bloodbath.
not on my watch said froggen and the stream went down

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Flipswitch posted:

not on my watch said froggen and the stream went down

I'm on http://www.azubu.tv/LoLEsports

and there's no crash or delay or anything.

I watch LCS on Azubu even though I dislike Azubu generally because there's very rarely technical issues on the site.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

man does anyone else have this thing with the fantasy LCS site - even though i'm logged in, everything still tells me to log-in and i can't edit any poo poo. it's really annoying.

Did you sign-in on the stats/schedule/twitter tab or in the top right corner ?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Savage Cracker posted:

Did you sign-in on the stats/schedule/twitter tab or in the top right corner ?

i've done it on like every link and in every way and it always just loads the page as if i logged in ok but i'm not :I

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Why the gently caress is anyone playing Zilean

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Lovechop posted:

i've done it on like every link and in every way and it always just loads the page as if i logged in ok but i'm not :I

Have you tried clearing cache/history or whatever, closing browser, re-opening and trying to fresh log-in.

I've noticed sometimes on the various Riot sites that the login/signin whatever gets hung up on something and I've had to log out and dump my cache and re-open and log back in before. I'm not a web programmer, but it seems like their website saves incomplete information or something.

Sexpansion posted:

Why the gently caress is anyone playing Zilean

That's what I'm wondering.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
This is the second game in a row that has Alistar in it, is he back in vogue (was he ever in vogue?) and if yes, what caused it?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 27, 2015

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aumanor posted:

This is the second game in a row that has Alistar in it, is he back in vogue (was he ever i vogue?) and if yes, what caused it?

He works really well with Kalista, he's also really good with a double ad comp.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
holy poo poo that armor pen on draven sounds loving nasty

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
How did CW lose that fight?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

CW is going to lose this game despite having a massive advantage because they keep engaging absolutely batshit fights from terrible angles.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
If you use Ezrael appropriately, you can totally control the side waves. It's such a strong pick from that perspective. TY Faker.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Libertine posted:

CW is going to lose this game despite having a massive advantage because they keep engaging absolutely batshit fights from terrible angles.

Welp.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

What the gently caress was that from CW?!?

Unlimited just walked into the baron pit where they knew they were and then flashed away and died doing nothing.

Freeze and Airwaks then engage a 2v5 for no reason at all.

I just... I don't know.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

Unlimited just walked into the baron pit where they knew they were and then flashed away and died doing nothing.

I just... I don't know.

Luna Was Here posted:

classic eu lcs right here

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

I just... I don't know.

EULCS

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

"Airwaks and Soren were there!"

But WHY were they there. 2v5 lost again.

GG CW. 4-0 in Dragons, 0-1 in Nexuses.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
My favorite memories of CW are youngbuck gettin massively fed on trundle then flanking teams at baron and getting poked down to nothing / destroyed before his team has even walked off midlane thru river . I feel like this happened several times in just one game

Astrognome
Jun 2, 2011

Libertine posted:

I just... I don't know.

That was the best baron contest I've ever seen. Wait, no. Worst. That's the word.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

that flank at the end was so loving bad

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i just saw the last 2 minutes of that game

what the actual gently caress cw lmao

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
What was that game. What was that?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
#dragonsdontmeanshit

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
also if you make a mistake against fnatic you may as well just ff because they will go loving bananas on you the second you give them the tiniest chance

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Everyone has had those terrible matches in League of Legends where your team has a big lead but then takes turns fighting in groups of 2s and 3s vs. the entire enemy team and you just slowly concede the whole map in about 4 fights.

It takes like a series of ~10 collective cocky blunders in a row to do that, and I never thought I would witness a pro team do that in a match, but behold, Copenhagen Wolves.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

TheDemon posted:

What was that game. What was that?
It's the price CW pays for dragging out improbable lategame wins from better teams; every so often, to satisfy the old gods, they must lose a game they could have won

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Prolly looks like he's ready to host an orgy, but I really like him on the analyst desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrognome
Jun 2, 2011
I can never decide if I hate Prolly or if I have a giant man crush on him. drat you h2k!

Edit: exactly! ^

• Locked thread