Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Could I get an invite to the steam group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/spikeguy86/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

This game is so rad.

Piccolo's intro mentor move, Evil Explosion, is really, really good. Worth grabbing if possible, as it's a short range (But chargeable) move that does a ton of damage.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Spikeguy posted:

Does anyone know if there are permanent destructible environments on the PC version? I see little craters sometimes but they fill in after about 2 secs.

Not huge craters and gouges, but there are rocks/trees/houses/consoles lying around that you can permanently destroy and sometimes get items from.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

Neither Nappa nor Raditz are trainers. There are only 12 trainers, and they are as follows:

Goku, Krillin, Piccolo, Vegeta, Ginyu, Frieza, Cell, Hercule, Android 18, Beerus, Gohan and Videl (together) and Gotenks.

Ah, that explains that then. I probably did their missions and then forgot about them.

I'm not sure when it unlocked but I bought an actual Instant transmission skill in the shop and it's great. From a distance it teleports you in front of your target, while at close range it teleports you behind them. There is no ki or stamina cost so you can just use it repeatedly (though you have to be careful you don't teleport right into an attack string or beam). Teleporting around the battlefield feels so badass, popping up behind people and using evil explosion is so so satisfying.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
As a game, everything is stupid grindy and you always are fighting the same characters. As a DBZ game, it's not that bad.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

As a game, everything is stupid grindy and you always are fighting the same characters. As a DBZ game, it's not that bad.

powerlevel: shameful

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
Sending a guy flying and then flight dashing towards him to send him flying again never gets old.

This game is so rad.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Tenzarin posted:

If you aren't grinding anyway to Z rank every mission, you're doing it wrong.

Nothing more satisfying than that run where everything goes perfectly and you demolish every enemy and objective with no problems.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The Bee posted:

If you aren't grinding anyway to Z rank every mission, you're doing it wrong.
pansy. i'm doing every pq over and over again until i have all the skills it offers.

i've been playing non-stop since this came out on pc yesterday and i am only up to pq 7. GIVE ME WEEKEND.

(im level 35 lol)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

MoreMetalBrian posted:

I had both show up (along with Vegeta) after finishing the Sayian Saga as well. But Nappa and Raditz disappeared after I completed their one mission a piece. They also didn't have that image above their head to denote they were mentors, that I can remember, like Piccolo, Krillin, and Vegeta.
So I dismissed it as "Oh, they must not be mentors, just one-offs."
But yeah, it seems completely random for the location.

Yeah, there's only a few villains that are actually mentors, other guys like Nappa, Radditz and Guldo just pop up to offer you unique parallel quests.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Servers on the PS4 down?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Ometeotl posted:

Servers on the PS4 down?

On and off, yeah. I wouldn't sweat it, the online component of this game is garbage.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

Servers on the PS4 down?

Even though it says that, I can still get in and play with other people. Only the online town seems to be affected.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

pansy. i'm doing every pq over and over again until i have all the skills it offers.

i've been playing non-stop since this came out on pc yesterday and i am only up to pq 7. GIVE ME WEEKEND.

(im level 35 lol)
seriously does anyone know if there's a special requirement to unlock weekend i have run this pq at least 20 times

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
If i haven't unlocked any more character slots, can I delete my main and start over but keep my zeni/items, or am I stuck with my crappy goku until I unlock more slots?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Ometeotl posted:

Servers on the PS4 down?

It's not connecting on the PC, but I'm not sure if that's just lovely College internet or what.

How will Jazz the Namekian ever receive his full set of Ginyu Force Armor

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

cams posted:

seriously does anyone know if there's a special requirement to unlock weekend i have run this pq at least 20 times
You can just buy it from the store

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah Weekend unlocked in the store for 3500 after beating Ginyu . Is it worth replacing Evil Explosion as my only Ki super?

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah Weekend unlocked in the store for 3500 after beating Ginyu . Is it worth replacing Evil Explosion as my only Ki super?

They're both really good but long-term I'd give the edge to Weekend on damage and range.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK

it's 12k but who cares i have 250k zeni loving poo poo i wasted so much time grinding that pq

whatever i got 5 dragon balls while i was doing it.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Wow, how did I not realize that by mashing strong attack I can do one of those cool Frieza 'beat you up with just my tail' combos?

Also god drat this super clothesline I learned from Nappa is awesome.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

For people worrying about data becoming desynched or whatever from playing in offline mode (to avoid getting disconnected every 10 minutes), you're fine. The stuff you do in offline mode will remain when you reconnect online.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If I switch mentors, does my progress with my previous mentor reset so that if I ever go back to them I would have to re-do every quest of theirs?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Is it bad that I like the customizing more than the actual fighting? The goofy poo poo I can make is just dandy. :allears:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Maleketh posted:

Is it bad that I like the customizing more than the actual fighting? The goofy poo poo I can make is just dandy. :allears:

it is not bad

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
A) Where do I learn Meteor Crash

B) Where do I learn the various Kaiokens

C) How often should I be yelling when I play this game

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pratchettfan/

Add me to the steam group, please.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I saw a pretty good Majin last night.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Captain Oblivious posted:

A) Where do I learn Meteor Crash

B) Where do I learn the various Kaiokens

C) How often should I be yelling when I play this game

A) You can buy it from the shop really early.
B) You can buy Kaioken x1 after Freeza I think (IDK when I got it but its in the shop), you can get x3 and x20 from PQs.
C)

I'm having trouble beating Vegeta for the Mastery quest. I just beat Cell, around level 27~, but he just has too much health and three phases to the fight. I run out of time before I can kill him.

I love doing the team-ups in this game. Whenever I see a buddy shooting a kame, I just throw in my galick gun, too. It's cool when you got them in a crossfire. Earlier today I did a combo, teleport -> hit, teleport away cinematically as a friend roasted the enemy with a Super Kame.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 27, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

projecthalaxy posted:

Weekend is really good, but its not a regular skill like Evil Explosion. It's an ultimate which is a separate slot entirely.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Vegeta's final fight is just a big bitch to deal with.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Esroc posted:

If i haven't unlocked any more character slots, can I delete my main and start over but keep my zeni/items, or am I stuck with my crappy goku until I unlock more slots?

I actually did this and you keep your place in the main story progression and you keep your items and zeni but you start from a low level again, so no do-overs.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I tried to make a fifth form Frezia Clan for my Create a Goku and was disappointed.

You can't make a beefy piece of poo poo and you can't manipulate the shoulder pads so he just looks like a stupid reedy gently caress with a dumb helmet

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

Weekend is really good, but its not a regular skill like Evil Explosion. It's an ultimate which is a separate slot entirely.

Oh. Well then I'm definitely getting it, all I have for ranged Ultimate attacks is the starting "throw a lot of slightly stronger Ki blasts" one.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
My create-a-vegeta is currently set up as:
Galick Gun
Finish Flash or whatever the 2nd Vegeta move tutor is
Energy Charge
Kaioken x3

Giant Storm
Vacation Delete
Vegeta's explosion thing as an evasive

I got my 5th Ki Bar at 32 Max Ki. I think Im going to start working on some other stats now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Stallion Cabana posted:

I tried to make a fifth form Frezia Clan for my Create a Goku and was disappointed.

You can't make a beefy piece of poo poo and you can't manipulate the shoulder pads so he just looks like a stupid reedy gently caress with a dumb helmet

Frieza gear does a lot of bodyshaping I think, don't lose hope

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Reiley posted:

I actually did this and you keep your place in the main story progression and you keep your items and zeni but you start from a low level again, so no do-overs.

Good to know, but on second thought I've decided to just keep on until I can make a wish to re-customize. I mostly just don't like my hair.

I've been trying maintain a balanced character with identical stats across the board, is this a good route to go? I can't really see myself focusing on physical versus ki and my play style has developed into me using them interchangeably.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
I am getting sick of my CAC (Made a Namekian). Is there a way I can make a super buff human or saiyan? I still have not beaten the game (Just passed Ginyu) so I still only have 1 slot for now...

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Frieza gear does a lot of bodyshaping I think, don't lose hope

that'd be cool, i like the frieza animations a lot but i don't wanna be a buff frieza, i wanna be a skinny weirdo frieza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Does anyone know how to unlock PQ 16? I have all of them I'm supposed to have but 15 & 16.

• Locked thread