Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Got the majority of my skills to 40 except for agility ( gently caress agility ) and took mining to 55 I think. Guess we all have to start somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Asciana posted:

gently caress agility

Summary of my weekend

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

despite most comp requirements being fairly simple/fun stuff (complete a miniquest, do this small thing for a title) poo poo like this and the "of the Cadarn" title (needs 1000 elf kills!) are absolutely awful and just plain grindy.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Livid farm. :suicide:

e: vvv POS future content :v: vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 24, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Are you guys for Player Owned Submarines?

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

SleepingPizza posted:

Are you guys for Player Owned Submarines?

Player-owned Aquarium Design Document

RuneScape 2015: The prawnbroker only gave me 10k for my balls

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
My mind is ready, my body is not

Bring on the useless fishies

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Soulhunter posted:

Player-owned Aquarium Design Document

RuneScape 2015: The prawnbroker only gave me 10k for my balls

You know what they say: in for a prawnpenny, in for a prawnpound! :haw:

Design Document posted:

Treasure Chest - Contains one Elite Clue Scroll. Replenishes every month.

:stare: gently caress it. Bring it on.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 24, 2015

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008

SleepingPizza posted:

despite most comp requirements being fairly simple/fun stuff (complete a miniquest, do this small thing for a title) poo poo like this and the "of the Cadarn" title (needs 1000 elf kills!) are absolutely awful and just plain grindy.

Those two certainly suck, but they don't hold a candle to Livid Farm :stare:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I regret not spending the gold to equip myself to run a livid farm bot back in the day.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Surmoon posted:

Those two certainly suck, but they don't hold a candle to Livid Farm :stare:

I already got some livid farm done. i don't know why, but I got all spells but the final 3.

Still not looking forward to it.

Someone spill purple koolaid in to this water?

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 25, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SleepingPizza posted:

I remember this from Final Fantasy 6. It didn't end well.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

SleepingPizza posted:

All part of Ivan Ooze's master plan. Nothing to see here.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

Soulhunter posted:

All part of Ivan Ooze's master plan. Nothing to see here.

Especially not the ninjazords.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Can't possibly be too far behind at this point

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Platinum Rush of Blood is hard as balls. All you ever get is TDs, glacors and airuts and if you gently caress up once the run is ruined. Wave 17 is best I can do atm :/

I'll try again some time later, hopefully with a t85 or t90 mage wep.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=-p1cLxPfLuA/forums.ws?14,15,69,65578720,goto,1

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

I'm glad somebody does.

Mursupitsku
Sep 12, 2011
I guess this is rs related too:

Ever since I got my first smartphone I've been thinking "Man I wish I could play Rs with this". And now... it is possible! A rsc privateserver called rscevolution has released an android client. You can find it on google play under the name of "Runequest". I'm absolutely amazed how playable it is. I mean I probably won't stay interested in it for long as the core concept of rs isnt that suitable for mobiles but I still find it really cool.

The controls are set up okayish. Tap to click and long tap to right-click. Volumebuttons control camera and return button opens keyboard.

[Img][/img]

Mursupitsku fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Feb 26, 2015

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Jesus. I don't hate myself that much.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Mursupitsku posted:

I guess this is rs related too:

Ever since I got my first smartphone I've been thinking "Man I wish I could play Rs with this". And now... it is possible! A rsc privateserver called rscevolution has released an android client. You can find it on google play under the name of "Runequest". I'm absolutely amazed how playable it is. I mean I probably won't stay interested in it for long as the core concept of rs isnt that suitable for mobiles but I still find it really cool.

The controls are set up okayish. Tap to click and long tap to right-click. Volumebuttons control camera and return button opens keyboard.

PLEASE USE [timg][/timg] TAGS!

Read
Dec 21, 2010

:-)

e:

Read fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 26, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Nice! Welcome to elf-city, where the socks are always filled with poop

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Steal from elves all day err day.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Anyone know if the "Sunshade" desert task (Plant the Dominion marker in the desert, with all its achievements complete, including killing Sunfreet.) includes 1800 rumble-mode kills?

It was made pre-rumble mode... I cant find anything saying the achievement needs it. I hope not.

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 26, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

Anyone know if the "Sunshade" desert task (Plant the Dominion marker in the desert, with all its achievements complete, including killing Sunfreet.) includes 1800 rumble-mode kills?

It was made pre-rumble mode... I cant find anything saying the achievement needs it. I hope not.

You do not need the new bosses or Rumble mode, you just need to do every single pre-rumble achievement, boss and challenge, including double Nomad and hardmode Sunfreet.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Spergminer posted:

You do not need the new bosses or Rumble mode, you just need to do every single pre-rumble achievement, boss and challenge, including double Nomad and hardmode Sunfreet.

Ok that's doable, thankyou. They should update the desc for it.

If 1800 rumble mode kills was needed I'd probably just not bother with comp.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

OldSchool News posted:

The Grand Exchange

The Grand Exchange is finally here. Head north-west of Varrock to get trading with your fellow Old School players.

We've kept everything about the Grand Exchange as close as possible to the version of the G.E. that most players will be familiar with (excluding a few additional features). In the coming weeks, we'll be polling a selection of your feedback requests. These might be extra buttons and features that we could adapt from RuneScape 3's G.E., or completely new ideas for Old School. So if there is an extra feature you'd really like to see, let us know.

Initial prices

The G.E. has initial prices for all items, largely taken from activity on the old Trading Post and from Zybez's excellent trading guide, among other sources. Players are free to ignore these prices completely, and to offer whatever they like. Over time, as you trade on the Exchange, the system will adjust its prices towards the true market values of the items. You should expect large changes in prices over the next few weeks; the Grand Exchange makes it much easier for buyers and sellers to find what they want, so there'll be less of a need to pay premium prices for obscure items. So if a guide price doesn't look right to you, please give it time to adjust.

Buy rate limit

The Grand Exchange has limits to the rate at which a player can buy items. These were introduced to discourage players from trying to mess around with the economy by monopolising critical items. Old School RuneScape has these limits too. For launch, we've deliberately kept them on the conservative side - with no limit on the prices players may offer, price manipulation is considerably easier here than it was in 2007. Over time we expect to be able to relax the limits.

Price manipulation

Players or groups of players should not attempt to manipulate the price of items through controlling their supply or demand. We are considering this to be a reportable offence under item scamming. We have multiple back-end systems that will allow us to identify manipulation proactively and will be keeping a very close eye on any attempts at price manipulation through the Grand Exchange.

Item sets

The Exchange clerks can pack items into sets, like the Trading Post used to do. For this update, we've added a few more sets to their list. There are a lot more we'd like to do in future updates, when time permits.

Grimy herbs

For our grimy herb graphic, we've currently preserved the Old School herb model, so the "cleaned" herbs look exactly like the identified herbs always did. However, we've had a few players saying they'd rather we changed the model to match what RuneScape 3's used over the years. If that's something you'd like, we'll put it in a poll forthwith.

In other news...

• Our 2nd birthday party has now come to an end. We've removed the leftover cake before it goes mouldy.
• Moved a Goblin near Lumbridge that spawned in a tree.
• Added some Guards to the roof of Varrock Palace.
• Increased the amount of Moss giants in Varrock sewers.

:woop: OldSchool has a Grand Exchange! :woop:

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I decided to test the waters with buying grimy herbs & selling them clean. Started off with ~2M/hr profit, then decided to just buy herbs in bulk.

I've lost about 20M today because prices seem to be crashing after DXP weekend. Moral of the story? Maybe don't have a shitload of herbs sitting in my inventory. :(

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
If you are going to do that, it would be a good idea to get a scroll of cleansing and make unf potions instead. You'll still make money as long as you are patient

Read
Dec 21, 2010

So I've gone through the Fight Kiln a couple of times recently to get the range and mage capes and I thought I'd write a guide since all the guides I've found hilariously overcomplicate it and overstate how difficult it is. My stats at the time of my runs were 83 Constitution, 75 Attack, 71 Strength, 83 Defense, 83 Ranged, 85 Magic, 76 Prayer, 83 Summoning. You can do it with lower stats.

Note: If you have Obsidian Armour just stand in the middle and turn on autoattack and have sandwich or something till you get to a Jad wave, then kill Jad and continue eating your sandwich. Repeat till you win.

What is the Fight Kiln? Essentially a harder version of the Fight Caves, which you're required to complete once before you can attempt the Kiln. You fight waves of Tzhaar creatures including several individual Jads (albeit weaker than in the Fight Cave) and one duo of Jads, capped off with a joke of a boss who is a big baby and runs away from you.

What are the rewards? Some sweet capes, you pick from the combat style(s) you used most in the Kiln. You can also get Uncut Onyxes I guess, it's pretty decent money if you have the right gear to rush through.

Inventory setup

Rocktails are good but Monkfish or Sharks are fine too. In reality, I only ever use 1-2 doses of Prayer Restore and 1.5 Prayer Renewal Flasks (9 doses) but I'm pretty careful about using my Prayer efficiently, it doesn't hurt to bring 4 or 6 prayer flasks. You frankly don't need a familiar at all but Bunyips are cheap and reduce the need to use food or regen so why not. The Vecna Skull provides an infinitely reusable and quite strong Magic buff which is very useful for attacking the opposing side of the combat triangle, replace with Grand Ranging Potion (and use more sparingly) for Ranging. The AGS can be replaced by whatever melee weapon you want, you'll need it for killing one kind of enemy.

You can use a BoB and bring a shitload of food or a Steel Titan or whatever if you feel like it. :-)

Gear setups

Not much to say here, Warpriest / Royal D'Hide / Gano are all fine alternative armours. I've heard that Polypore works perfectly well in place of an ABS and obviously any other t80 weapons or above will be fine. Tokkul-Zo ring provides a damage boost against the Tzhaar at the cost of charges on it for every hit you deal, you can expect to use less than half the charges in a Kiln run. Sign of Life provides a get out of jail free card if you gently caress up hard. My aura is Vampyrism, you don't need it but it's nice to have. Penance is a good alternative.

--------------------------------

Strategy

It helps to break down the strategy for the Kiln into positioning, enemy knowledge and crystal usage/collection.

Positioning

The Kiln map is relatively simple, it's a square with a couple of obstacles placed around its edges and one in the center. Over time, the square shrinks and obstacles disappear. There are three locations on the map that are noteworthy: the upside down L shaped obstacle on the southern edge, the two wide horizontal obstacle in the middle of the map and the northwest corner of the map. The crook of the L provides a convenient safespot from most enemies, the center obstacle is critical for separating Jads from the enemies they spawn with and for general enemy management, the northwest corner is mostly for stacking up enemies so you can use weaker ones to safespot stronger ones. There'll be a wave by wave positioning guide later in the post. Basically it comes down to fighting as few enemies as possible at once and not dying to Jad.

Enemies (The important ones)

Since I don't actually know the names for most of the stupid Tzhaar things, I'm going to just use what I call them in my head. Each combat style has (more or less) two enemies, a weak one and a strong one. I'm going to ignore the weaker ones, you'll figure it out and they're not very important. Just kill them. Additionally there's a little turtle dude, Jad and Har-Aken (the final boss). There might be some other stuff but if I'm forgetting about it then it obviously doesn't matter. Knowing the enemies on sight is important so you can proactively swap prayer and prioritize based on the combat triangle.

In order, the images show the mage / range / melee / turtle / Jad. We'll talk about Har-Aken later. The mager and ranger are relatively similar, the mager has longer range but both are equally dangerous. The big melee dude is not so threatening as he's very easy to safespot, but he can hit high and has hefty hp.

The turtles and Jads require special strategies.

The turtle's gimmick comes in two parts: it has armour and it hates prayer. When it's armoured it can't be hurt by anything but familiars and you need to break through its armour by meleeing it (uses toolbelt pickaxe to break through) which exposes the soft tissue and also makes it weak to magic for some reason. If you pray it will use its special attack much more frequently, which deals like 1.5k damage or something and is dumb. Just swap to your melee weapon to break through its armour (you should probably swap action bars too) and then swap back to mage/range to kill it.

Jad you should be used to from Fight Caves and he's much the same, he attacks with all 3 sides of the combat triangle and deals 6k+ damage but pray works at 99%ish effectiveness vs him so you're required to swap prayers. Since you can just not stand beside him you can ignore the melee one, he stomps the ground for range and rears on his hind legs to spit a fireball for mage. Just swap prayers, it's not hard. If you gently caress up, stay calm and keep swapping prayers while you heal up. One mistake won't kill you if your hp is above 6.2k.

Crystals

Crystals spawn on the South-East side of the center obstacle every other wave, they give you temporary buffs. There are a bunch but you can ignore most of them, all we care about are the Invulnerability, Restoration and Constitution crystals. Respectively they grant invincibility, an hp/prayer heal and a buff that gives you a shitload of HP (I get 16k) and keeps restoring it. The invincibility crystals are used to deal with two specific Jad waves which are a pain in the rear end otherwise. Restoration crystals are kind of whatever, they're just convenient extra heals. Constitution is used to deal with a wave where there are a shitload of turtles.

Knowing when to grab the crystals is important, you'll have extras by the end of the Kiln but you don't want to miss them regardless. When grabbing them make sure you're quick as being caught out of position, while generally unlikely to kill you, can cause irritating situations and make you take unnecessary damage. I could list which crystals come when but you don't really need to care.

Waves to grab a crystal on: 1, 3, 11, 13, 15, 23, 25, 27, 35

Waves guide (Waves I consider important are bolded)

1-9: Stand in the crook of the L at the southern edge of the map. Wait until all the enemies have approached, turn on prayer for the leftmost one approaching closest to the L, it'll be able to attack you. Kill it, kill the one beside it, kill the ones across the obstacle on the left. Kill the ones across the obstacle on the right. Collect the crystal if there is one. If the next wave doesn't start, there's an enemy further north that isn't coming down, usually this is a turtle or the big mager dude.

10: Jad spawns on this wave along with some other enemy, you should be on the Eastern side of the North face of the center obstacle. To aggro Jad, move left and up from the obstacle and he'll move with you and attack. Be sure to stay out of melee range so you only deal with 2 attacks.

Kill Jad then kill the other enemy. Run back to the crook of the L.

11-19: Same as 1-9.

20: Same as 10 but return to the Eastern side of the North face of the center obstacle after you're done.

21-23: Some dudes appear, wait as usual in your spot for them to show up then kill them one by one, praying if/as necessary. Remember you can safespot.

24: Run to the NW corner and wait for everyone to show up, kill them.

25: Back to the center obstacle, kill the dudes.

26: Run to the Eastern obstacle and stand 2 spaces North of the furthest east side, wait for enemies to show up, kill them.

27: Run to the NW corner, kill everything there before moving as you'll aggro the mager once you move.

28: Stand on the SE side of the center obstacle and use your constitution crystal. A shitload of dills and one mager come this wave. With speed, break the armour of the dills one by one and then swap styles to kill them. Rangers will benefit from boosting with their Grand Ranging potion here, Mages have the Dill's inherent mage weakness to benefit from.

29: Center obstacle, Eastern/North side. Kill dudes.

30: Center obstacle, Eastern/North side. Another Jad wave, more accompanying enemies this time but the fight is much the same, don't be afraid to take some time to think before engaging.

31-33: Center obstacle, Eastern/North side. Kill dudes.

34: Center obstacle, Eastern/North side. Another Jad wave. Much like wave 30.

35: Center obstacle, Eastern/North side. Use an invulnerability crystal. Kill Jad. Kill the other dudes. (You can do some dumb complicated strategy and not use a crystal but whatever) You may want to let your Vecna Skull cooldown before the next wave starts.

36: Center obstacle, wherever. There are two Jads so use an invulnerability crystal and kill one. Boosting will be helpful for killing the Jad within the time limit of the crystal. Watch the game chat to see when your crystal runs out. Kill the 2nd Jad as usual, pray switching. Next up is the final wave.

37: Tentacles periodically spawn and attack with mage/range, Har-Aken pops his head up every 72s and you can attack him then. This is a joke, you can use a constitution crystal if you want to completely ignore your hp. Build adren on the tentacles so you can burst on him when he comes up.

Man this is way longer than I intended...

Read fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 27, 2015

Read
Dec 21, 2010

In other news, I'm trying to get an Attuned Crystal Weapon seed from Iowerth Elves. No luck, but the loot is pretty good. This is from around an hour with a Spring Cleaner, using Ice Blitz to lock them in place because they do ridiculous damage otherwise. Rune 2Hs, Platebodies and then noted herbs & poo poo. The Water Talismans are a rare table drop I think, but even without them it's solid. Especially when you have a chance at a t80 weapon (takes 90 smithing but you can assist that!).

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Read posted:

Man this is way longer than I intended...

Actual honest to god Kiln Guide for nerbies:

Watch out for every 10th Jad wave (10, 20, 30) and the last three waves before Har-Akan (34-36, more Jads). Wave 28 is eight Tokhaar-Dillz, so eat a constitution crystal and afk them.
Do Brink of Extinction to get Obsidian armour which gives a 45% damage reduction in TzHaar lands (55% with the shield).
Use melee the first 9 waves, then magic to the end. Water spells and the best combat familiar you have and you're set to afk every non-Jad wave~

As usual RS Wikia's guide is bloated and worthless, except for the wave list which lists the crystals and can help you prepare for the next wave of afk horde mode. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Kiln_guide#Waves

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Read posted:

In other news, I'm trying to get an Attuned Crystal Weapon seed from Iowerth Elves.

Best of luck, I've taken like 1200 elf scalps with no seed in sight.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Guess who is training to 77 div and never going back to frost dragons???

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Read posted:

In other news, I'm trying to get an Attuned Crystal Weapon seed from Iowerth Elves.

palamedes posted:

Best of luck, I've taken like 1200 elf scalps with no seed in sight.

Didn't Jagex patch it so Lady Ithell gives everyone a free Attuned Crystal Weapon seed, provided you didn't get hosed over by doing the elf tasks when they were first released and Attuned Chakrams worked like ammo?

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Themata posted:

Didn't Jagex patch it so Lady Ithell gives everyone a free Attuned Crystal Weapon seed, provided you didn't get hosed over by doing the elf tasks when they were first released and Attuned Chakrams worked like ammo?

She does but you need 90 smithing to claim it.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Lord amlodd is a piece of poo poo. He told me to get 15 each core and cleanse it and I did, wheres my divination lamp :smith:

(Do cores from the motherlode maw not count or something?)

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

allta posted:

Guess who is training to 77 div and never going back to frost dragons???

Huh. Never knew the Hardcore Ironman safe word was 'divine coin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

kemikalkadet posted:

She does but you need 90 smithing to claim it.

Oh I guess I forgot about that.

Here's this though. Top 50 Double XP Weekend poopsockers!

And here is February's Poopsocking Shaming:

I'm only Rank 60 cause of all the XP making Ports items gives. :v: