Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I think Krepo is marginally better than Nyph in that he actually tries to do things but the execution is kind of lacking. Elements is still hosed either way.

At least they have MYM to take the Auto-Relegation spot though! (And Origen will probably get auto-promotion so they won't have to play xPeke and co)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

we've decided our coach isn't working out for us, so we're getting a guy who was really good at Micro Machines Pro Racing for the Sega Megadrive

we got the guy who was the best at driving the semi trunk on SNES Stunt Race FX

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
froggen.jpg

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
NAAAAIIIIICE

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

I saw that, that was pretty weird.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

exethan posted:

we got the guy who was the best at driving the semi trunk on SNES Stunt Race FX

This was his video for the coaching application:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dds-gCCj-UI

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The real reason to watch EU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
SK also remembered to ward this game, it seemed like they had much more vision on the map. Maybe they're starting to shore up their weak spot too?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

This was his video for the coaching application:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dds-gCCj-UI

"Look at the corners! Look at the moves! Monster truck, what the gently caress was that!?"

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's a bit early to say but I think Betsty might be better than niQ

E: Sejuani :swoon:

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 27, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
First pick Kennen.....

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
That was certainly a first blood.

Flipswitch posted:

E: Sejuani :swoon:

I don't want people to know she's amazing :(

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Edward please...stop starting boots

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

SC Bracer posted:

I don't want people to know she's amazing :(

To be fair Diamond is pretty much the only one playing her. In both soloqueue and competitive.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Savage Cracker posted:

To be fair Diamond is pretty much the only one playing her. In both soloqueue and competitive.

Meteos has been spamming her in soloqueue.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
She's been strong for several patches. Diamond is the only LCS jungler open-minded enough to play her (unless Meteos does this weekend). I feel like Diamond has always been one of the only junglers to actually test and innovate jungle picks and that's why I've always liked him.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
He's using the wrong skin though :(

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

I feel like Diamond has always been one of the only junglers to actually test and innovate jungle picks and that's why I've always liked him.

You know, Diamond may not be the dominant player he once was, but he's been good for a remarkably long time.

Edit: Also, Sej is really good and, like you said, has been for awhile now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Libertine posted:

She's been strong for several patches. Diamond is the only LCS jungler open-minded enough to play her (unless Meteos does this weekend). I feel like Diamond has always been one of the only junglers to actually test and innovate jungle picks and that's why I've always liked him.

The meta doesn't seem very fond of a jungler who doesn't do much during laning.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

You know, Diamond may not be the dominant player he once was, but he's been good for a remarkably long time.

Edit: Also, Sej is really good and, like you said, has been for awhile now.

I agree, and I feel like Diamond is a hard player to rate. When Moscow 5 was on, they were loving on and everyone looked great. Then Darien stopped giving a poo poo, then Genja after him. It's tough to be a jungler with two middling at best lanes. Then Alex Ich left and Gambit had to go through all those roster changes (including that support that Sona E'd his hiding-in-a-bush jungler to ruin a massive gank), and even through all that, Diamond has been good.

I feel like if he got on a more stable team, especially with the fact that he knows a good amount of English, he'd be a pretty great player again.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Savage Cracker posted:

He's using the wrong skin though :(
It's just a big ball of fluff going "bring it"

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Hypocrisy posted:

The meta doesn't seem very fond of a jungler who doesn't do much during laning.

Are you talking about Lee Sin? (Only half joking)

At the competitive level given the current jungle it doesn't seem like any jungler does a lot during laning which is why I think playing strong team-fighters and just waiting out early laning is a better bet overall.

First bloods tend to happen from massive team-coordinated dives and resource commitments including the jungle but not created by the jungler. You rarely see just plain out Level 3 clean ganks resulting in early 2v1 kills. Most teams have the vision to prevent those plays from being made.

Is this game being played on the current 5.4 patch? Because I'm curious to see if the jungle meta shifts at all when the J4 nerfs come through. He's basically the last jungler in the entire roster who has a strong early game.

I find Lee Sin to be really unimpressive and unworthy of pick priority given his current numbers and the way the current jungle plays out.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lol @ Gambit knocking Overpow away and then walking back into his ult.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Is this game being played on the current 5.4 patch? Because I'm curious to see if the jungle meta shifts at all when the J4 nerfs come through. He's basically the last jungler in the entire roster who has a strong early game.

5.3 still.

I totally agree that early ganking junglers seem to be going away, although from the last couple weeks of games, both LCS and LCK, that I've watched, Rek'sai seems to be bucking that trend and coming up with a ton of early kills.

Edit: If I were an LCS team right now, Kalista would be on perma-ban status.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 27, 2015

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Nukeduck is playing pretty okay this game.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
The jungler is constantly levels below even the botlane, and does so little because they have no HP, and need to spend gold on pots and vision, that there's not much harm in picking a jungler that scales heavily. Sej also does a deceptive amount of damage early.

Also we should get nerfed J4 in about a week I think.

e: that being said, J4's nerfs don't do poo poo to his early game.

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 27, 2015

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I don't like Morgana toplane at all. Her cooldowns are too long, and while game-changing ults are possible, way too many champs have easy escapes out. Sure, if you hit every Q you do bonkers damage, but if you miss it's like a 7 second cooldown at 40% CDR. I'd much prefer her in the support position where you still get Black Shield and have a better toplaner.

Am I super off on that?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Roccat REALLY dropped the ball on recalls before that baron.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Schiavona posted:

I don't like Morgana toplane at all. Her cooldowns are too long, and while game-changing ults are possible, way too many champs have easy escapes out. Sure, if you hit every Q you do bonkers damage, but if you miss it's like a 7 second cooldown at 40% CDR. I'd much prefer her in the support position where you still get Black Shield and have a better toplaner.

Am I super off on that?

I think she's a pretty fantastic support and solo laner. Who would you rather have as a toplaner? Maybe Gnar? Maokai? Those are the only ones I would prefer, and in some comps I'd rather have Morg.

Aumanor posted:

Roccat REALLY dropped the ball on recalls before that baron.

Yes.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Schiavona posted:

Am I super off on that?

Morgana top is all about the lane swap. Ranged aoe waveclear + sustain from her passive lets her sit in lane forever. Q+E+R makes diving her extremely risky.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Schiavona posted:

Am I super off on that?

trace loving bodies people on morgana top there's absolutely nothing wrong with it

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Coming back to that Baron, because that was utterly TERRIBLE from Roccat. Gambit leaves the baron area, starts recalling, Roccat sits around doing nothing for a few moments, then starts recalling all at once when Gambit has already left their base. "No massive mistakes" my rear end.

E: What I'm taking away from Roccat's games this split is that they desperately need a new coach.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 27, 2015

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
THE DIAMOND STEAL

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

they will feed my poro :getin:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Flipswitch posted:

they will feed my poro :getin:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

SC Bracer posted:

The jungler is constantly levels below even the botlane, and does so little because they have no HP, and need to spend gold on pots and vision, that there's not much harm in picking a jungler that scales heavily. Sej also does a deceptive amount of damage early.

Also we should get nerfed J4 in about a week I think.

e: that being said, J4's nerfs don't do poo poo to his early game.

I think losing an entire rune-set worth of armor from his flag will actually hurt his early game considerably because he won't have nearly as much health after his clear to make plays.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Savage Cracker posted:

Morgana top is all about the lane swap. Ranged aoe waveclear + sustain from her passive lets her sit in lane forever. Q+E+R makes diving her extremely risky.

The lane swap and improving her R in teamfights compared to support Morg. Easier to make riskier R plays when you have gold for an hourglass and some tankiness.

But yeah, laneswap resilience is pretty huge.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

I think losing an entire rune-set worth of armor from his flag will actually hurt his early game considerably because he won't have nearly as much health after his clear to make plays.

This is true, but he did get a minor level 1 armor upgrade to compensate, so it's not THAT bad.

I think you will be able to max W instead, which some soloqueue junglers have done for awhile anyways, and it won't hurt him too much. But it's definitely a nerf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Man Gambit, don't break my heart and turn into poo poo again. It just seems to good to be true.

• Locked thread