Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Really hope they fix it up to be a bit more visible, cause goddamn man. Can't even see it on the Nyx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
So for goons attempting the Phoenix escalation tactical alert, this is what we did and it worked really well:

1. Someone plays Banshee, spec'd for max power, range and efficiency. The key for the entire thing is to abuse Banshee's ult and keep her with enough energy to keep it toggled on constantly. Everything else doesn't matter that much.
2. Someone plays Limbo, spec'd for duration and efficiency (I guess).
3. Someone brings a handful of team energy restores
4. For a 3rd and 4th, Loki/Ash and/or Nova are good to bring along. Nova can slow/debuff guys so at the end of a wave so your Loki/Ash kills the runners faster while perma invis.

A limbo is placed by Limbo at the center tower, Banshee sits inside of it and toggles her ult on and keeps it toggled on for the entire wave. At the beginning of the wave, others that aren't Banshee run out and cap the towers, and then run back into the limbo and watch some Netflix. At the end of the wave, Banshee takes a quick break from her ult to get her energy back via an energy restore that she or someone else drops.

No monsters will be able to move or attack. They won't even move outside of their spawn points. Because all towers are capped quickly and stay capped (because monsters won't be able to move outside their spawn points or take actions), the waves will be over with super quickly. In fact, the slowest part is probably cleaning up the runners in-between waves.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 27, 2015

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Mjolnerd posted:

Way to ruin our group shot Cryo!

...My scindo would've ruined the composition anyway.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Naturally Selected posted:

Really hope they fix it up to be a bit more visible, cause goddamn man. Can't even see it on the Nyx.

It might be that fleshy salmon color accent you have, might pop better with an infested neon green, etc..

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Cryophage posted:

...My scindo would've ruined the composition anyway.

I'll just pretend you're off to the left of Nyx and it was I, that snubbed you!

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Speaking of Nekros and the new Tactical Alert, I kind of want to see what it'd be like to have those guys as pets. Does their damage output scale the same as their HP at the same rate? Shadows were still crappy and hardly strong enough to kill another of the same kind let alone more than one last I tested (even post-buff). It might be worth trying to actually kill those guys instead of just holding them at bay for the round while you plink away at their ocean of HP.

Shachi posted:

Care to elaborate on why you main Nekros and what you like about him? More on the build you use perhaps. I just kind of like him. My bigger issue is I really don't have any high tier weapons. I've got a paris prime cooking atm and a Quanta on the way when I get the feldron. That should make life more easier on almost any frame I'm thinking.
I main Nekros because I'm a team player and since typically people just grind in this game when they've done most of the collecting of gear, that's the optimal objective goal typically. I also run Volt for capture missions in groups - whatever gets the farming objective done best. Sometimes I'll run something for the sake of fun but I think I find the crazy weapons in this game more fun than the frame powers more often.

I use Quick Thinking with him to help buffer through some attacks because his EHP is basically the second worst in the game next to one of the most powerful where EHP is coincidentally irrelevant (Loki). Sure, I should likely run Flow with it but by the time I start to need Quick Thinking that's almost always when we're past the 40 minutes T3S/T4S mark and we should be leaving to avoid a possible crash and reward loss. I also use Vigor to help out. Nekros' casting animations are literally the slowest of all frames, so Natural Talent is required as well. I run a keyboard macro oftentimes to hit 3 every few seconds (I never really had RSI problems until this drat game) and I try to kill stuff in between those casts.

So in many respects, I play Nekros because the game is boring with most frames that actually can do damage, become invincible at will, and / or wipe out rooms with a button.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

necrobobsledder posted:

Speaking of Nekros and the new Tactical Alert, I kind of want to see what it'd be like to have those guys as pets. Does their damage output scale the same as their HP at the same rate? Shadows were still crappy and hardly strong enough to kill another of the same kind let alone more than one last I tested (even post-buff). It might be worth trying to actually kill those guys instead of just holding them at bay for the round while you plink away at their ocean of HP.

Nope. They're only pushing out something like 500-1000dps if you completely ignore AI not firing at all for long periods for absolutely no reason. Heavies, napalms in particular, have more than 100,000hp. Plus armor, though you really should be using a quadstack of corrosive projection to eliminate that.

Shadows are bad.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

necrobobsledder posted:

It might be worth trying to actually kill those guys instead of just holding them at bay for the round while you plink away at their ocean of HP.

I think there may have been a group that actually did it by killing stuff. I think they were basically a suped-up draco group (2 excals, 1 trinity, and a loki or something). I'd be interested in how crazy it was. I'm also surprised the Excals could pump out enough damage to down these guys in a timely fashion.

Because of the effectiveness of stealth melee for the easier versions of the tactical, I initially thought that would work here. The problem is, it seems like a lot of these level 100 enemies have energy drain auras or some bullshit, so if you get close to them, your energy reserves go away pretty quickly. This means you can't restealth.

Even with 3x corrosive mods plus stealth and channeling damage multipliers, it's still a slog to down them with melee. So they're basically mountains of health and armor, will one-shot kill you with hitscan weapons, and drain your energy if you get near a pack of them. So any strategy that involves killing them is going to be tougher to pull off, I think.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
So we on the PS4 lost our first relay at around 2-3am. Leonov on Europa. I had done a mission there and hopped in to drop some poo poo off when I noticed there was only about 2 minutes left so I took video for those on the PS4 who haven't witnessed a destruction yet. I didn't feel like editing so the 2 minutes is waited out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLEELdR_57o

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Dahbadu posted:

I think there may have been a group that actually did it by killing stuff. I think they were basically a suped-up draco group (2 excals, 1 trinity, and a loki or something). I'd be interested in how crazy it was. I'm also surprised the Excals could pump out enough damage to down these guys in a timely fashion.

Because of the effectiveness of stealth melee for the easier versions of the tactical, I initially thought that would work here. The problem is, it seems like a lot of these level 100 enemies have energy drain auras or some bullshit, so if you get close to them, your energy reserves go away pretty quickly. This means you can't restealth.

Even with 3x corrosive mods plus stealth and channeling damage multipliers, it's still a slog to down them with melee. So they're basically mountains of health and armor, will one-shot kill you with hitscan weapons, and drain your energy if you get near a pack of them. So any strategy that involves killing them is going to be tougher to pull off, I think.

We did it like this:

- Excal spamming javelin
- Limbo keeping everyone banished
- Oberon keeping everyone smite infused
- mesa capping and spamming peacemaker
- 3x corrosive aura (I didn't have it)

I think we went through a total of 150 team energy restores.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
E: ^^ EFB :argh: Burned about 100 e-restores on the successful run, but all the attempts counting, yeah it was like 150-ish.

Dahbadu posted:

Yeah, we did it by killing. I ran excal, Mjol ran a Mesa, Cryo ran a Limbo and Promethius ran an infuse Oberon. Trinity is pretty worthless since poo poo takes so long to die that EV doesn't really do too much (or it didn't when we tried it, with two different trinities). 3 Corrosive projections. I was slamming for 1300-5300 damage depending on the mob-add to that the perma-stun that comes from RJ-spam, and it's a pretty good deal. Mesa cleaned up and capped, Limbo kept us all invincible, and Oberon was making us do actual damage.

E: V Was talking totals, really. Now, who wants to farm some loving polyfibers?

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 27, 2015

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Naturally Selected posted:

E: ^^ EFB :argh: Burned about 100 e-restores on the successful run, but all the attempts counting, yeah it was like 150-ish.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that 120 /150 were all yours...

side note on peacemaker damage..

on our failed attempt which didn't have Oberon's smite infusion or the corrosive aura's my shots were doing about 400 /hit; with the corrosive projection and smite infusion I was getting consistent 13k shots, which really sped things up.

Mjolnerd fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 27, 2015

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Pretty sure armor is non-linear or something like that, cause yeah-non corpro run i was doing 100-300 damage a hit, as well. And well, Smite Infuse is just loving amazing. Procs and +75% damage to alloy.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
drat, I'll need to hook up with some of you guys to do this.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Armor is intended to have diminishing returns. It doesn't.

Corrosive Projection is very important, and consider Viral procs. Also with armor eliminated by a 4stack of Corrosive Projection, Slash damage gives you the biggest modifier on Grineer. I was doing quite well with my Scindo P only partially modded and built for Slash and Viral(for the procs). I once hit a dude for 40k damage. headshot crit.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
We did it much more cheaply with a Banshee, Limbo, Nova Prime and Loki Prime. Banshee and Limbo sit in the middle and use their ults, Nova used Slowva and Loki does whatever. Cap asap then stunlock enemies in their spawn until you win. How many energy restores did our team use? 20? We just hung out in the rift the whole time until we had to murder things to start capping again.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Really wish I were near my computer so I could get this poo poo over with while people are running it. Oh well. I guess I'll have fun trying to get a group together tomorrow.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
No, because its not fun.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

We did it much more cheaply with a Banshee, Limbo, Nova Prime and Loki Prime. Banshee and Limbo sit in the middle and use their ults, Nova used Slowva and Loki does whatever. Cap asap then stunlock enemies in their spawn until you win. How many energy restores did our team use? 20? We just hung out in the rift the whole time until we had to murder things to start capping again.

We used I think like 9. But we only needed 6.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 28, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Hey, I'm looking to buy some game + DLC on Steam that's $32,50 in total. I'm willing to pay 850p for it. Take into account that, without a coupon, you'd get 740p for $40. Help me circumvent my lovely government :v:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Azran

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Frankly I guessed there'd be more considering the number of masochists that seem to play the game.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Kyte posted:

Frankly I guessed there'd be more considering the number of masochists that seem to play the game.

Just because they're masochists doesn't mean they're good at the game.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Don't tell them that to their faces, though :ssh:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Man that escalation was bullshit this sigil had better be worth it--

:stare: okay that was worth it

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 28, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:raise: Is the escalation still going or is the event over now? I'll try to eke out some time before work tomorrow to run in and get it done but I can't tonight.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its on for 3 day

RolandIsNotOkay
Jun 7, 2014
I'd be down for doing it on sunday if anyone else still needs to and more unlikely wants to do it then? IGN: x64unicorn

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So yeah. On a dark frame, the new sigil looks fuckin' bitchinnnn.

E: I have no idea why quality is such poo poo. Gonna take another screen.

E2: Yeah quality still sucks, feels like things get downsampled when you take a shot? I'm running everything maxed and it looks much better than this :confused:

But anyways, more proof:

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 28, 2015

Khorne
May 1, 2002
The alert seems not too difficult but kinda tedious.

Limbo: Max duration + Natural Talent + you can run streamline I guess.
Trinity: build draco (max blind rage/tfort/fleeting/overextended/stretch/natural talent, other 2 don't matter but some kind of flow is fine)

Limbo banishes everyone and keeps them banished, he rift walks and caps points. If people are dying it's probably his fault unless the stunner is not stunning.

Trinity spams evampire and can clear points/kill everything at the end with the 1-2 instant kill combo. You well of life the mob, then you evamp it right before it drops and it dies instantly.This works on anything that's not immune (including g3, you can kill the entire g3 with no weapon on a trinity in around 7-8 seconds tops).

The last two slots need to be a stun combination. If you want to carry 1 person you can use a lone banshee or saryn. The saryn pretty much spams 4 with a normal saryn build (overextended/stretch/natural talent/trans fort/fleeting expertise/streamline/power str), the banshee is built for max range and efficiency if you go that route. You can use 2x saryn, 2x banshee, or 1x of each and it will go fine.

Other stun combinations are radial disarm loki (okay with a banshee also)+vauban or a slow nova+pretty much anything that inflicts an animation on things. You could run Nova+Nyx (nyx runs as much -duration as possible, I forgot the exact percent needed but it's a 4-5s chaos somewhere in there), Nova+tons of dumb crap probably even a mirage would work if you want to be a unique little snow flake (press 4, press 4 again, over and over). Nova+Saryn also works of course.

If you are using saryn then you can let B be a floating point that they cap and limbo recaps so you can keep a/c/d stunned.

Another general interception tip, enemies won't spawn until a point is captured. For each wave. So you can all stand on a point individually to cap 4 at once if you like. Or if someone needs to go afk just don't neutralize/take points after a wave ends. Also, if you kill that group at the start of the mission nothing else will spawn until a point is taken.

edit: Just queued the alert and it gave me an OD sabotage with level 1.8k-2.4k enemies.

The hitpoints on the sisters was so high that well of life alone caused them to bug out and lose their hp bar and deactivate their ai. Then they died in one sword hit. Presumably from some kind of overflow bug. Didn't give emblem credit at the end. :(

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 1, 2015

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

What prime parts did you get?

Did you manage to find the caches?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

SSNeoman posted:

What prime parts did you get?

Did you manage to find the caches?
We didn't cache hunt, there were no enemies in the level except from the portal and the sisters. The end reward was just credits. I queued with random pubbies and they were awful things like hydroid and stuff.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So uh, I logged into my brother's account and I got another 75% off. Who wants this one?

Also I'm going to increase my previous offer to 900 plat for $32,50 :v:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

When is the event over on sunday? I'm going to be away all weekend and will get back sunday morningish :( Want dat sigil

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Xun posted:

When is the event over on sunday? I'm going to be away all weekend and will get back sunday morningish :( Want dat sigil

You have approximately 3 days 11 hours 52 minutes from >>this post<<

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hahaha holy poo poo the objective's health. What the gently caress DE. :psyduck:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Almost 2000 level enemies and objective health in scientific notation. What the gently caress indeed DE. :allears:

Static_Fiend
Jun 4, 2003

Who amongst us will have reached the end?

Charles Bukowski posted:

No, because its not fun.

Yeah pretty much this, that was probably the worst thing I've ever run in the game so far. I didn't even get a completion reward either so there's that too.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I wish there was a "randomize energy colour per action" option, especially for something like the secura cestras :v:

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
THanks for the hint with the banshee, really helped. I am a fps noob.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Feb 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I'm going to emphasize that Banshee is far more important than Limbo for the event. Limbo is only as useful as he can keep someone banished but it's not going to happen if you keep running around and the Limbo has to herd cats. Cataclysm and Rift Torrent weren't the best for damage either and Banshee doesn't recharge energy while in the Cataclysm when I tried with one. If so... well poo poo.

So, ideally I'd go with: Banshee x 2, Loki w/ Irradiating Disarm, and Ash or Nova to help accelerate with cleanup duty - cleanup takes far longer and I already a majority of the total time if you're not setup for damage output. Everyone should pack corrosive projection and try to use Viral status or more corrosive on their weapons. Banshees should alternate Soundquake and use of Sonar to never bother with an energy restore and to increase damage. Loki is around for Disarm and CC. It might be arguable to use Oberon instead of Loki for the smite proc and for some spot healing.

Unfortunately this is still like DE's usual event where it's not a matter of skill but which mods and frames you and your buddies have. Maybe that's their intent but playing these events tends to be really boring.