Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sirbloody posted:

I am getting sick of my CAC (Made a Namekian). Is there a way I can make a super buff human or saiyan? I still have not beaten the game (Just passed Ginyu) so I still only have 1 slot for now...

This was just covered in this very page. You can delete your Namekian and you'll keep your zeni and story progress, but you'll lose your Namekian and you'll go to level 1.

Or you could beat the story and then create one.

Alternatively just play PQs as Goku or Gohan or something for now. Only in story mode do you have to play as yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Was there multiple tail options on char creation because I see people with spiky segmented ones but I don't know how.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!

Zaphod42 posted:

This was just covered in this very page. You can delete your Namekian and you'll keep your zeni and story progress, but you'll lose your Namekian and you'll go to level 1.

Or you could beat the story and then create one.

Alternatively just play PQs as Goku or Gohan or something for now. Only in story mode do you have to play as yourself.

Well my main question was if I can make a super (stupidly) buff character, nothing about if I lose progress or what not. I don't have much time invested anyway I think I am only level 14.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Firstborn posted:

Does anyone know how to unlock PQ 16? I have all of them I'm supposed to have but 15 & 16.

Pretty sure I got that by beating fifteen, which I got by beating the Frieza saga.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

clothes and accessories i buy as my guy will be able to be used by all of my CACs when I am able to make more, right?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I'm pretty sure your inventory and quest progress are global

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Reiley posted:

I actually did this and you keep your place in the main story progression and you keep your items and zeni but you start from a low level again, so no do-overs.
Leveling in this game is super fast though, so I think unless you're REALLY high level, it's not a bad idea to just make a new dude if you want to respec/remake.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I hate loving Cell Jr. They're just SLIGHTLY too strong to be fought in big groups and like to spam ki blasts against you when you're fighting their friends, and this story mission wants me to fight six of them with loving YAMCHA, who dies if you look at him funny.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Hivac posted:

I'm pretty sure your inventory and quest progress are global

Do unlocked skills carry over if you delete a character as well?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It looks like the ONLY things you lose if you delete a character are his levels and stats. Thassit. You keep EVERYTHING else.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

You keep everything apart from your character level and the stats that come with it, I'm pretty sure.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

cams posted:

It looks like the ONLY things you lose if you delete a character are his levels and stats. Thassit. You keep EVERYTHING else.

So you could get all the default skills and outfits by creating and deleting a bunch of characters at the start?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Vegeta keeps telling me to bring him earth's strongest to continue his mentor stuff, what do I do.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Does anyone know how to unlock PQ 16? I have all of them I'm supposed to have but 15 & 16.

The ones given out by main characters standing around in the town don't appear in the list at the desk until you try them by talking to that character and doing it through them. There will be holes in the list until you talk to them and do it through them

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Vegeta keeps telling me to bring him earth's strongest to continue his mentor stuff, what do I do.

It's a Z-Soul from the first two star parallel quest, I forget if you need to do the bonus criteria or not.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Go beat dudes up until you're stronger.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Super Vegeta is a bitch to get. PQ 16.

You start by having to beat up like 7 Freeza Soldiers. Then use the portal to go into the spaceship, recruit Krillin, then let Freeza kill Krillin. Goku shows up and transforms. Let them fight. Freeza turns into his final form. Let them fight. Freeza turns 100% Power. Let them fight. Vegeta shows up.

Now somehow Vegeta is supposed to turn Super, then you kill Freeza, then you kill Vegeta. I can't get Vegeta to turn Super.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Pretty happy with how my puny level 20 Namekian is coming along.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Athropos posted:

I've seen you a few time in the lobby! I'm Jorts

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Athropos posted:

My Namekian.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Are ps4 servers fixed yet? Also my friend and I can play in offline mode just doing parallel quests but is there anyway to make a private team or something? Additionally, are story missions co-op at all?

Mostly the server thing though because holy poo poo none of this matters otherwise.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

The ones given out by main characters standing around in the town don't appear in the list at the desk until you try them by talking to that character and doing it through them. There will be holes in the list until you talk to them and do it through them

You can also get PQs to appear in your list by doing someone elses through the Online lobby. As long as you earn a rank, you'll get credit for completion and it will appear in your lists for future games. This is important because some of the PQs, like #47, are seemingly impossible to do by yourself unless you're a high level or have some weird gimmick build that allows you to fight 3 super gokus at once.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Athropos posted:

In on the black Namekian party

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Inkel posted:

In on the black Namekian party

Should've been a black Frieza to feud with the goon making one named Sub-Zero.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Wanna make a Namekian goon squad right now

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Simple clothes + sunglasses = best combo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqWq_48LxWQ

bonus creepin':

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

My earthling

Game owns.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6WYxD17Wn0

Liverslapper
Jun 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It would be nice if we could get a Dragonball Xenoverse channel in the goon mumble. I went ahead and requested it in the mumble thread.

edit - Alright, they added it. Cool! If you guys need the mumble information, here you go.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521554

Liverslapper fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 27, 2015

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Firstborn posted:

Super Vegeta is a bitch to get. PQ 16.

You start by having to beat up like 7 Freeza Soldiers. Then use the portal to go into the spaceship, recruit Krillin, then let Freeza kill Krillin. Goku shows up and transforms. Let them fight. Freeza turns into his final form. Let them fight. Freeza turns 100% Power. Let them fight. Vegeta shows up.

Now somehow Vegeta is supposed to turn Super, then you kill Freeza, then you kill Vegeta. I can't get Vegeta to turn Super.

No Goku goes super sayian. Beat Freeza when Goku and Vegeta show up then Vegeta gets mad that Goku is buffer and goes super sayian and fights you.

All you have to do is let Krillin die and the rest is automatic.

Then hope you get lucky. I will say that Super Vegeta is crazy op if you have a good ultimate like special beam cannon cause you can just annihilate anyone while being invincible.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
So how do item drops work, does anyone know? At first I thought they had a chance to drop on each hit but then one dropped when I wasn't doing anything, and I seem to be having trouble getting them to drop on the first World Tournament quest now that I outlevel it, do things have a decreased chance to drop as you outlevel them? I'm trying to unlock everything.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

randombattle posted:

No Goku goes super sayian. Beat Freeza when Goku and Vegeta show up then Vegeta gets mad that Goku is buffer and goes super sayian and fights you.

Then hope you get lucky. I will say that Super Vegeta is crazy op if you have a good ultimate like special beam cannon cause you can just annihilate anyone while being invincible.

Really? hmm. I guess ill have to make a saiyan alt now since my main is a majin. Got it on my first try. :dance: although I've been grinding for super vanish ball in another pq and i can't ever seem to get it.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
so for Parallel Quests with secret bosses at the end, can you not trigger them again if you fail it the first time? I just did the Radditz one versus Goku/Picollo, and the first time Gohan showed up, but not the second time.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You have to fulfill certain requirements, and even then they don't always show up. Yeah It's Pretty Dumb. Just keep at it.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Xenoverse is currently the top selling game on Steam. What weird rear end alternate universe did I fall into where a Dargon Ball game would top a chart that contains Counterstrike and Grand Theft Auto 5?

Also, servers are totally not working. Come on, I want to play with my Goku!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

randombattle posted:

I've done all those steps x5. Vegeta never goes SSJ, and I just end up killing Freeza.

One time Vegeta said something like, "Just stand back..." that I didn't recognize as his normal "I got hit by an Ultimate" speech, but he didn't do anything.

Not really sure what I'm missing.
1.) Killed Freeza Soldiers
2.) Recruited Krillin
3.) Krillin dies
4.) Goku turns up, goes SSJ
5.) Beat up Freeza, he transforms x2
6.) Vegeta shows up

.. Then I just kill Freeza.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 27, 2015

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What the gently caress was that Mini Majin Buu mission, that was so awful.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Okay, is there some special trick to getting a master to teach you his last move? Krillin is my first mentor and I've already learned his first three skills. His little bar has been full for a while now, and it doesn't seem to matter how many PQs I do or how much I use his moves, he won't teach me his last skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

NomChompsky posted:

Are ps4 servers fixed yet? Also my friend and I can play in offline mode just doing parallel quests but is there anyway to make a private team or something? Additionally, are story missions co-op at all?

Mostly the server thing though because holy poo poo none of this matters otherwise.

Story is purely a solo affair.

You can form parties either for versus or for PQs, but I think you need to be online to do it. :smith:

Probably best to just treat this like a single player game for the next couple days and then try to co-op more after the servers have calmed down.

• Locked thread