Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

If each episode opens with Garber eating pizza in a baggy t-shirt and sweatpants, before going into a Doc Brown rant about the Atom, or Captain Cold, that'd be great.

Will he be complaining about his crazy wife's invisible child?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Some people are speculating it's going to be an anthology show, kind of BatB for TV. I dunno how else that announcement makes sense.

So, basically Heroes with DC characters?

teagone posted:

What universe are the movies?

Earth 3; it makes sense that the Crime Syndicate would live somewhere dour and drab-looking. :v:

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 27, 2015

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Wheat Loaf posted:

So, basically Heroes with DC characters?

No, since Heroes was incredibly serialized and nothing like an anthology style show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Firestorm episodes of Flash already felt like a backdoor pilot so this isn't too out there news. It also makes sense that they'd move the Atom stuff away from Arrow since the suit feels kind of like overkill when dealing with the kind of villains Ollie has.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

What if, in this Arrow/Flash spinoff, Sarah Lance is still dead but the character shows up thanks to The Atom controlling her dead body by jumping around on her brain like in that comic with Batman that one time?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

XboxPants posted:

No, since Heroes was incredibly serialized and nothing like an anthology style show.

Right, I misunderstood what was meant by anthology. I took it to mean "ensemble", which is just plain wrong, really.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

David Harewood has been cast as Hank Henshaw in Supergirl.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Wow Ray Palmer really is Iron Man Lite.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Wow Ray Palmer really is Iron Man Lite.

Yeah it's really odd they decided to use the Atom for this character when from what I know of the character they have nothing in common other than being scientists.

I know this was planned to be Ted Kord, but was there no better fit than the Atom? Maybe they'll do the shrinking powers later on to make it now suitable.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dacap posted:

Yeah it's really odd they decided to use the Atom for this character when from what I know of the character they have nothing in common other than being scientists.

I know this was planned to be Ted Kord, but was there no better fit than the Atom? Maybe they'll do the shrinking powers later on to make it now suitable.

The only other options from DC are Steel and Cyborg. The former's likely off limits as part of the Superman franchise, and the latter is a hair too sci-fi for Arrow so far.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

and the latter is a hair too sci-fi for Arrow so far.

Well that was true till iron man blasted off of the roof top.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dacap posted:

Why was Ted Kord pulled? Everything about the Atom screams Blue Beetle.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DC had other plans for him apparently

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Madkal posted:

Why was Ted Kord pulled? Everything about the Atom screams Blue Beetle.

Because DC has "plans" for Ted Kord. They plan to flush him down a toilet.

GraphX-Man
Apr 1, 2007

The MSJ posted:

What if, in this Arrow/Flash spinoff, Sarah Lance is still dead but the character shows up thanks to The Atom controlling her dead body by jumping around on her brain like in that comic with Batman that one time?

Maybe the Spectre has found a new host? Or an infinite number of reasons why she's back, because comics.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

greatn posted:

Ah the nu52 stratagem brilliant!

Ted's gone and won't be back because that would been seen as making GBS threads on Jamie which would be a PR snafu, ironic since they already poo poo all over everything interesting and good about him then shelved him. there was never a Nu52 Blue Beetle series with Jamie, shut up.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

greatn posted:

This can only mean a few things and none of them make sense, but given that DC Entertainment might be giving the world one of its first cases of a collective stroke, perhaps it isn't without reason.

1. They wanted to use him in a movie, which makes no sense since there will be two different Flashes already.
2. They wanted to use him for another TV project, which makes no sense since they are now possibly going to spin Atom off anyway.
3. This is really a spin off of number 2, but perhaps they want to use Jamie Blue Beetle somewhere on TV instead, and can't have a young Kord just starting out on another show, which is still dumb if Supergirl is going to take place on a different Earth than the Arrowverse. You could just have two beetles.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

SirDan3k posted:

Ah the nu52 stratagem brilliant!

Ted's gone and won't be back because that would been seen as making GBS threads on Jamie which would be a PR snafu, ironic since they already poo poo all over everything interesting and good about him then shelved him. there was never a Nu52 Blue Beetle series with Jamie, shut up.

Classic Ted is back though, he hangs out with classic Booster Gold.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tom Ellis has been cast as Lucifer on the new Fox show. He's got a long list of TV credits on IMDB but I've never seen a single thing on it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Waterhaul posted:

Classic Ted is back though, he hangs out with classic Booster Gold.

What is Jamie's origin then in the new 52? How is he the Blue Beetle if Ted is alive? Also, I think Ted showed up in JL right? He wasn't even in charge of the company yet, his dad was. So I assume he isn't or at least wasn't Blue Beetle. So what the hell is going on there?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

This can only mean a few things and none of them make sense, but given that DC Entertainment might be giving the world one of its first cases of a collective stroke, perhaps it isn't without reason.

1. They wanted to use him in a movie, which makes no sense since there will be two different Flashes already.
2. They wanted to use him for another TV project, which makes no sense since they are now possibly going to spin Atom off anyway.
3. This is really a spin off of number 2, but perhaps they want to use Jamie Blue Beetle somewhere on TV instead, and can't have a young Kord just starting out on another show, which is still dumb if Supergirl is going to take place on a different Earth than the Arrowverse. You could just have two beetles.

Entirely different characters in different universes is completely different from 2 versions of the same character.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Deadpool posted:

Tom Ellis has been cast as Lucifer on the new Fox show. He's got a long list of TV credits on IMDB but I've never seen a single thing on it.

He's not great, though I've only seen him in bits of Miranda and didn't like that anyway.

ToastyPotato posted:

What is Jamie's origin then in the new 52? How is he the Blue Beetle if Ted is alive? Also, I think Ted showed up in JL right? He wasn't even in charge of the company yet, his dad was. So I assume he isn't or at least wasn't Blue Beetle. So what the hell is going on there?

It's complicated in comic book ways but it's set in the year 3000 where the pre-nu 52 versions of the characters are "brought back to life". This Keith Giffen interview explains it

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

ToastyPotato posted:

Jaime would have made sense on Titans

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Dean Cain and Helen Slater have landed roles on CBS' Supergirl

Their roles haven't been revealed but I'd think they're Kara's parents.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They never did cast Superman. Maybe this is the long awaited follow up to the Adventures of Lois and Clark!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Cain will play Perry White.

Rick Perry White, that is.

:smug:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They've already cast someone as Allura, so maybe Ma and Pa Danvers?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

howe_sam posted:

They've already cast someone as Allura, so maybe Ma and Pa Danvers?

That's most likely.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That be most likely since they have John Wesley Shipp playing Barry Allen's dad, and apparently Mark Hammil is going to play the father of the new Trickster.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Normally I'd say stunt casting, but Shipp has done such a good job as Barry's dad, I say go for it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

I wonder if they'll make him dye his hair for the part.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I really hope that Atom TV show is just a back-door Justice League International pilot. Add Booster, Ted and Guy Gardner and you have approximations for almost the entire roster.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Genetic Toaster posted:

I really hope that Atom TV show is just a back-door Justice League International pilot. Add Booster, Ted and Guy Gardner and you have approximations for almost the entire roster.

Wildcat & Black Driver reporting for duty.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Now I want them to work the Goodwin/Simonson Manhunter run into this.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The spinoff is real, Berlanti just confirmed it

E: Also, Daredevil will be affected by events in The Avengers (first one iirc) and is in fact part of the larger MCU

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 28, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Oh, they managed to find a way to explain away the gentrification.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I was hoping it would be about Daredevil fighting of the encroaching hipster menace displacing the economically disadvantaged with raw juice bars

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

This is brilliant synergy. I've lived in Hell's Kitchen the last 4 years. I did not understand what Daredevil could have possibly fought besides roving gangs of French Bulldogs.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jagermonster posted:

This is brilliant synergy. I've lived in Hell's Kitchen the last 4 years. I did not understand what Daredevil could have possibly fought besides roving gangs of French Bulldogs.

Gamma/super soldier serum enhanced French Bulldogs.

Kingpin pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

The MSJ posted:

Gamma/super soldier serum enhanced French Bulldogs.

Kingpin pictures.

That is Fisk :vince: