Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Cool stuff. But is there still a chance of finding a gun that has an ancestral claim to the dutchy of Abercorn?

DeepQantas fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DeepQantas posted:

Cool stuff. But is there still a chance of finding a gun that has an ancestral claim to the dutchy of Abercorn?

I was just thinking about how cool a gun'sealogy/gun'scestry system would be.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Made some good gun's last night on my stream, made about 44.
About 798 total gun's down. Only about 962 to 1122 to go! (actual numbers)
I'm in a gaddam gun drawing binge, watch out!!
I'm confused, I thought the gun's were generated procedurally, so you'd only have to make, like, a dozen archetypes/base models, and then a bunch of mods in various categories.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cicero posted:

I'm confused, I thought the gun's were generated procedurally, so you'd only have to make, like, a dozen archetypes/base models, and then a bunch of mods in various categories.

They still need graphics for all the possible gun's.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Cicero posted:

I'm guessing there still need to be multiple sprites, for variety. Maybe the sprites can't be procedurally generated, so instead they are making one for each major permutation (goo gun with scope, goo gun with silencer, both, etc)?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Please add lots of cool revolvers TIA.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Please add lots of cool revolvers TIA.

He's got like, 12 rows of revolvers, right now he's working on a sniping revolver and I think he even had a revolver made out of bones.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Can I find a gun that will only play the music that brings tears to the eyes of old and grizzled men? Or a gun that can feed hungry wildcat cubs? What about, what about a gun that can make a disabled girl's face shine like the sun?

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Finished today's stream.
Made about 22 gun's today! Finished all the Silver material weapons except the crossbow. I havent been making any of the crossbows for some reason, I need to get on that. Crossbows look so cool too! Theres so many types with different loading mechanisms and all that. Windlass, goat's foot and stirrup, push or pull lever, cranequins... aaa I need to draw crossbows! Maybe I should draw crossbows viewed from the top though, from the side at 0 degrees they look kind of weird, but itd be the only weapon with a different perspective, thats not ideal either....

Also started on some of the materials that didn't have any guns yet. Not gonna name those here, some of those are special... Please don't spoil too much gun details if you saw the stream folks! Let every dropped gun be a wonderful surprise.

About the gun sprites:
Every gun type and material combination has a unique sprite. Theres around 22 types and around 70-90 materials right now, though those numbers might shift a bit. There is a lot more to guns than type and material, but those two parts are what we decided would affect their looks in your hud display.

Im like 99% to blame for these ridiculous numbers. I pushed really hard to have all those unique sprites. We could have probably gone for something simpler, more sprite re-use....
You'll thank me when you first pick up a Silver Magnum from the fuming corpse of a sewer dragon.... That coudda just been a recolored steel revolver, but nuh-huh! We're making QUALITY garbage here. Pouring sweat and tears, piss and vinegar and all that. Those weapons need to look sweet. Your heart needs to skip a beat every time you get your greasy hands on a shiny new gun.

(then you throw the silver magnum away because it had poo poo stats. goes right in the trash.)

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Can't wait to get the sweetest looking gun ever and then vendor that poo poo because I gotz ta get paaaaid.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Are you ever going to put this thing up on Greenlight?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SaviourX posted:

Can I find a gun that will only play the music that brings tears to the eyes of old and grizzled men? Or a gun that can feed hungry wildcat cubs? What about, what about a gun that can make a disabled girl's face shine like the sun?

I don't see why they couldn't make flamethrowers.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Yo, are there continuous beam weapons? That seems like it'd be a neat change-up on the typical gun's. Gun-and-shield could be cool, too.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Every new gun's type means 70-90 new images.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Gotta catch em all!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

BiggerJ posted:

Seriously bro's, if you look at all the other poo poo your poo poo will fit right in!

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

BiggerJ posted:

Oh, is Greenlight still a thing? I recall there being some talk about it being canned because of all the garbage it spews on steam.

EDIT:

PS, working on a stealth minigame/segment. Step aside Phantom Pain, Queklainn no Vengeant is in town.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Feb 27, 2015

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I just really want Patrick Chewing to be in the game please just reassure me that he's in

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Can I have a revolver that shoots mag-rail steel-core candy canes?

Bonus points if the whole revolver is crafted from nano-weave enhanced rock candy.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Cicero posted:

The look of the gun is based on gun type (pistol, shotgun...) and its material. Beyond that there are several dozen variables that affect gun strength, feel, behaviour and whatnot.

So there are ~2000 gun models and for each gun model there are millions of possible guns.

You are going to have to work quite hard to unlock the "Ultimate Gun's Collector (100%)" achievement.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 28, 2015

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

DancingShade posted:

Can I have a revolver that shoots mag-rail steel-core candy canes?

Bonus points if the whole revolver is crafted from nano-weave enhanced rock candy.
You can in fact breed a gun that satisfies almost all of those requirements. This is not a joke or an exaggeration.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Bisse posted:

You can in fact breed a gun

cant wait to open my own gun'screche in which i will care for my G.U.N.E.G.G.s

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bisse posted:

You can in fact breed a gun that satisfies almost all of those requirements. This is not a joke or an exaggeration.

gently caress yes. :awesome:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bisse posted:

You can in fact breed a gun

I hope we get to rub them together while making kissy sounds to make this happen

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Mr. Lobe posted:

I hope we get to rub them together while making kissy sounds to make this happen

It may be erotic for child, we're gonna need a warning on that

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Dr.Smasher posted:

It may be erotic for child, we're gonna need a warning on that

Kids need to learn where gun's come from sometime.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BiggerJ posted:

Every new gun's type means 70-90 new images.

Not seeing a problem here.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I knew something like this had to exist:

http://hoopz-barkley-saga.wikia.com/wiki/Hoopz_Barkley_Saga_Wiki

Really barebones right now but I think I'll contribute and add in a few entries in here...

Like Jamal Bloodguzzle and Eric the Snail.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Is the actual game made at all or do you guys just make gun sprites and maps

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The 'game' is actually like strip breakout but instead of revealing a lady in 90s lingerie, you reveal hi resolution gun's.

e: that should be a minigame.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
The back of the manual should be a procedurally generated gun hidden in one of those Mad Magazine folding page images.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Is the actual game made at all or do you guys just make gun sprites and maps
Well, on the combat gameplay side, which is my main domain, we finally, after a huge amount of time and work, have all of our combat systems in place and working as intended without notable features missing/bugs (AI, animations, guns generation, guns fusion, enemy spawning, SAT collisions, RPG stats, character creation, quickmenu, equipment, consumables, magic, saving/loading at any point, etc etc etc etc etc) with some exceptions (enemy spawns need more conditionals to be able to script encounters and specify at which points different enemies respawn). So, now we can finally create and polish the gameplay we are building on top of all this. That's the stage we have pretty much started with as of February.

We currently have 30+ enemies at varying stages of completion ranging from prototype to complete with art assets sounds and balancing, plus a few bosses at varying levels of prototyping. This number is nowhere near what we will have in final game, but I expect good progress on these as we are finally done with systems work and can focus completely on creating combat content - enemies, bosses, attacks, cool AI behaviours, etc.

The game has been playable at conventions since more than a year back, showing off the sewers and the swamps. While there has been mad progress since then, most of it is not really visible because it is additional systems that we have not yet been able to show off, either because we do not yet have finished+polished enough content of high enough quality that we wish to show it off (e.g. zaubers, equipment), or because people don't really notice it when trying the game out quickly for 15 minutes in a busy convention booth (e.g. story, quests, NPCs, AI, music, sounds).

On the quest and story side, this is the side which has produced the biggest amount of actual content, by far. We have a really quite silly amount of NPC's and quests in the game already. You can interact with all of them and complete most of the quests but some of it requires teleporting around with dev tools. There's a ton more quests written as well so there's much more to come.

So to answer your question: we have right now on our hands a tough, hardcore, complex and deep game, but reaching this point took much longer than expected, and it will be some time before we can actually show it all off to everyone.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 6, 2015

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Gortarius posted:

Oh, is Greenlight still a thing? I recall there being some talk about it being canned because of all the garbage it spews on steam.

They said they were going to do that Eventually (TM) (but not because of quality issues, but because they felt that it was still too dictatorial since Valve still has the final say). They've shown no signs of actually doing so and are still pushing games through it. It'd be best if you put the game on Greenlight sooner rather than later, before Valve yanks it, takes ages to replace it and forces people to use the old 'e-mail a brick wall' model in the meantime.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 11, 2015

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I will enjoy making gun'net squares to breed my guns'

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Tales of Game's put the game on the greenlight

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Steam is too corporate attitude.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
The paypal link doesn't seem to go anywhere. How do I even buy this video game.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

tazman posted:

The paypal link doesn't seem to go anywhere. How do I even buy this video game.

It's actually a scam.

Both the paypal link and the game.

I'll ask someone about it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Chas McGill posted:

Steam is too corporate attitude.
I'm going to have to hear the increasingly inane excuses from a confirmed ToG'ster before I accept them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Nessus posted:

I'm going to have to hear the increasingly inane excuses from a confirmed ToG'ster before I accept them

It's coming out on origin.